Arrow Lake the sort of thing that miggs would say
<font face=verdana><small><FONT SIZE="-2"><FONT COLOR="#7d0000">“</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7e0101">G</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7f0202">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7f0202">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#800303">'</FONT><FONT COLOR="#810404">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#820505"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#830505">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#830606">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#840707">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#850808">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#860808">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#870909">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#870a0a">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#880b0b">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#890b0b">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8a0c0c"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8b0d0d">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8b0e0e">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8c0f0f">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8d0f0f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8e1010">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8e1111">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8f1212">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#901212">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#911313">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#921414"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#921515">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#931515">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#941616">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#951717">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#961818">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#961818">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#971919">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#971919">v</FONT><FONT COLOR="#981c1c">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9a1f1f">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9b2222"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#9d2525">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9e2828">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9f2b2b"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#a12e2e">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a23131">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a33535">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a53838">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a63b3b">p</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a83e3e"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#a94141">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#aa4444">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ac4747">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ad4a4a">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#af4d4d">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b05050">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b15353">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b35656"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#b45959">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b55c5c">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b75f5f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#b86262">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ba6565">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#bb6969">y</FONT><FONT COLOR="#bc6c6c"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#be6f6f">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#bf7272">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c07575">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c27878">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c37b7b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c57e7e">.</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c58080">”</FONT></FONT></small></font face>
377 Posts
Ooc — ebony
lecter

ooc text.

He had gone after her, his wayward daughter, his willful spawn. But Clarice he did not find, nor her mother. Lecter had come down from the mountain in a haze of nightshade and opium; his steps, staggering and unfocused, had led him away from that which he knew to be his home, into a vast wilderness in which the shaman lost himself quite quickly.

The madman had wandered, days fading into nights, bleeding back into sunlight with the yawn of the sun. Names floundered through the slippery recesses of his mind, but he recognized few, and thus put them away from his consciousness. "Sos," he moaned, though any creature within earshot would have heard only the strangled, hoarse cough of a sick animal. ""Sos, why have you forsaken me? why have you led me here?" The former shaman stumbled, his muscles close to atrophy with malnutrition, and slammed heavily into the loam alongside the lap of a lake.

Muttering to himself, the wolf dragged his thin body into its shallows, gratefully lapping with greedy casts of his tongue at the clear surface. It chilled his belly, ending the fervent snarls of his shriveled stomach, and he lay there quietly. Unseeing, his icewater eyes watched black flecks of blood loosen themselves from his forelegs and drift into the current. He was pathetic, a ragged, fleabitten pelt thrown 'round a gaggle of brittle bones, but his mind was beginning to sharpen. However, the physical condition of the madman did little to respond to his growing awareness, and effectively ended all rational thought, forcing Lecter to succumb.

Exhaustion borne of too-long wandering, coupled with starvation, stole over him; he roused himself only long enough to hitch his skinny frame out of the water, and fell into unconsciousness upon the bank of the waterway in this strange new world.

<style>.freetable-f06 p {padding:5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-f06 b {color:#505050;}.freetable-f06-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}.freetable-f06-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#505050; text-shadow:#505050 0px 0px 5px; margin:-7px auto; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:25px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:right; padding:10px 25px 0px 0px; width:350px;}.freetable-f06-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }.freetable-f06 {background-color:#8F7154; border:1px solid #505050; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#505050; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding: 3px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}.freetable-f06-divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #E5CDB6; width:85%; margin:0px auto;}</style>
<font face="georgia"><i><FONT COLOR="#009f61">f</FONT><FONT COLOR="#03a166">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#05a26c">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#08a471">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#0ba676"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#0ea87c">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#10a981">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#13ab86">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#16ad8b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#19af91"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#1bb096">b</FONT><FONT COLOR="#1eb29b">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#21b4a1">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#24b6a6">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#26b7ab">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#29b9b1">,</FONT><FONT COLOR="#2cbbb6"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#2fbdbb">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#31bec0">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#34c0c6"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#37c2cb">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3ac4d0">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3cc5d6">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3ec6da">g</FONT></i></font>
15 Posts
Ooc — Riven
I have no idea if these two would know each other. After WWS closed, Nanuq and Aktaie went back to Echo Cove and made magic babies~

With their mothers no longer guiding their journey, Lysianassa and Atropos had a taste of freedom they had never experienced before. While the eldest of them had made it her mission to watch over and protect Lysianassa, the miniature image of Aktaie was determined to explore—without the perceived chains of protection to restrict her. As close as the siblings were, however, it was never long before Lysianassa returned to where she had left her sister. She loved Atropos dearly, and she never quite felt completely whole or safe without her close by.

For the moment, though, the young female was in one of her adventurous moods, and unused to mountainous terrain—having been born on the Alaskan coast—decided it was the perfect place to explore. Being a child of the Nereides—a child of one of the fabled Siren Queens, no less—the sandy pup was drawn to water, and seeing the sparkle of a lake nestled within the rocky earth, determinedly made her way down the treacherous path.

When she reached its bottom, the six month old froze: for before her lay a wolf that seemed completely and utterly dead.
<small><i>avatar by lieu</i></small>
49 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
bone of the father, unknowingly given
you will renew your son
flesh of the servant, willingly sacrificed
you will revive your master
blood of the enemy, forcibly taken
[size=3]you will resurrect your foe[/size]

The only reason for having left the home she loved was to join her niece in her quest to view other places in the world and to spread Tartok further. She’d come a long way from being the lowly beast that she’d been when she had first darkened the doorstep belonging to her Aunt Siku. She had grown so much since fighting for her life after having fallen down the side of the mountain. Aguta had made her way further up within the pack, carried herself with much more pride than she had before. Leaving the mountain had been hard, but she couldn’t bear to see her niece sent out on her own. So she had joined the girl in her quest.

She was a hunter now. A far better hunter than she had been before the change she went through. No longer did taking a life make her physically sick, instead thrilling her. Creeping her way through this new land that her niece had stopped in, Aguta carried her latest kill, a half grown fawn that she’d happened upon with a broken leg. It was a small thing and not heavy. Aguta had toyed with it before finally delivering the killing blow. Now she carried it proudly, pleased with herself, and was planning on presenting it to her niece; Tonravik.

She could smell death, and it wasn’t coming from the dead beast she was toting around with her. Following the scent, she came to a halt. Gaze narrowed into slits as she first took in the sight of the other female, letting a growl escape from her purely to alert the other of her being there. Her gaze shifted, falling upon the beast that looked to be near death. There was something about him that touched a bit of familiarity within her but she couldn’t quite place it, at least not at that moment. For the moment, she was unmoving. It was not hesitancy that kept her in place, but that of truly not caring all that much.

<font face=verdana><small><FONT SIZE="-2"><FONT COLOR="#7d0000">“</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7e0101">G</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7f0202">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7f0202">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#800303">'</FONT><FONT COLOR="#810404">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#820505"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#830505">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#830606">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#840707">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#850808">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#860808">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#870909">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#870a0a">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#880b0b">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#890b0b">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8a0c0c"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8b0d0d">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8b0e0e">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8c0f0f">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8d0f0f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8e1010">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8e1111">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8f1212">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#901212">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#911313">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#921414"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#921515">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#931515">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#941616">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#951717">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#961818">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#961818">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#971919">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#971919">v</FONT><FONT COLOR="#981c1c">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9a1f1f">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9b2222"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#9d2525">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9e2828">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9f2b2b"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#a12e2e">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a23131">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a33535">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a53838">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a63b3b">p</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a83e3e"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#a94141">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#aa4444">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ac4747">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ad4a4a">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#af4d4d">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b05050">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b15353">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b35656"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#b45959">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b55c5c">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b75f5f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#b86262">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ba6565">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#bb6969">y</FONT><FONT COLOR="#bc6c6c"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#be6f6f">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#bf7272">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c07575">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c27878">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c37b7b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c57e7e">.</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c58080">”</FONT></FONT></small></font face>
377 Posts
Ooc — ebony
lecter

yay, thanks for joining, guys! <3 and em, i don't believe they would, but it makes dynamics interesante. also, since lecter is unconscious, feel free to skip him after this post, at least for a couple rounds.

A dream was opening a portal in the blackness of his mind, blossoming quickly into a fierce light that he shied away from. Atka. The bear-goddess watched him grimly. Lecter was not one of Her own, but She feared he had angered Sos. And while Atka did not fear the Dark One, Her sense of balance had shifted. Shaman, She growled, intending to wake him from his stupor.

In his mind, the madman's teeth clicked together with a mocking snarl. Atka. Come down to scold me for some minor offense, such as my lack of groveling at your white paws? He cackled as the Goddess curled Her lip contemptuously. The scales have tipped, and it is not in your favour. You have angered Sos. Lecter's icewater eyes narrowed; while he certainly felt that Atka had no right to speak upon dark magicks and shiftings of power therein, he held silent. You are alone. Come to the light, She murmured, Her words filled with light, even the barest hint of hopefulness for the bloodied shaman to enter Her fold, to at last join those who were righteous in their worship.

Lecter's hackles bristled; his glare deepened in its ice. Never. I serve Sos, and Sos alone. Come to me no more, Atka! I should rather desire hopelessness if He never turns His face to me again, than lapping like a fool at your feet.

The white bear was silent, the aureole of light surrounding her brilliant form unable to lash back the tendrils of black shadow that coiled in Lecter's mind. Very well. I had not thought to let one who was once loved by those who worshipped Me go without, but you have made your decision. With that, Atka was gone, the last echoes of her words hanging like so much mist before the hard eyes of the shaman, before consciousness slowly bled back into a haze.

<style>.freetable-f06 p {padding:5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-f06 b {color:#505050;}.freetable-f06-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}.freetable-f06-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#505050; text-shadow:#505050 0px 0px 5px; margin:-7px auto; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:25px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:right; padding:10px 25px 0px 0px; width:350px;}.freetable-f06-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }.freetable-f06 {background-color:#8F7154; border:1px solid #505050; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#505050; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding: 3px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}.freetable-f06-divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #E5CDB6; width:85%; margin:0px auto;}</style>
53 Posts
Ooc — Riven
Umm... going to have Naga leave after this post. Think this thread will be more beneficial to Spine's development.

Part of her was still terrified of the jagged, sprawling mountains that erupted from the earth—but Spine had not left the area since the first moment of her arrival. Especially not after her experience with that odd, shadowy creature. It had convinced her that the fey and otherworldly did exist—that her grandda's stories were true—and that these mountains held their secrets. Arrow Lake was especially alluring to the Blackthorn, for it marked the first taste she had drank of magic. Ever since she and Batman had found a path down to the mysterious lake, Spine had made it a frequent stop in her wanderings.

This was a place that existed as a doorway between worlds. She felt it (though she wondered if she was merely losing grip on her sanity). Today, the female had decided to scout out any packs in the area—she knew she would soon need to make one her new home, but the desperation to prove her grandfather's story true had been far more pressing. Now that she was confident magic existed in the area, Spine felt more comfortable looking for a place to settle.

She was making her way down Going-to-the-Sun Mountain, intending to explore the Flatlands, but something stayed her paw. Spine couldn't explain it, but it felt as if the wind itself where whispering, No. She shuddered, the air feeling heavy despite the thinner atmosphere, despite the breeze.

It said, Go to the Lake.

Spine Blackthorn obeyed.

When she turned the corner of the path that would lead down to the shore, her golden eyes fell across a puppy—and then a woman with a coat of black, who Spine assumed to be the mother though they looked nothing alike. After all, what would a mere child be doing in the mountains alone? But as she looked at the silvery pool of water, a white and limp form filled her immediately with dread. The memory of Grandda, laying so still and peaceful and yet horribly wrong, overtook her. For a moment, Spine felt lightheaded and like tears might escape her despite herself...

But then something changed, and her demeanor hardened. There would be no telling if the figure was actually dead if she did not come closer, and the darker female seemed perfectly content to remain where she was. Spine made her way down the rest of the path, posture held high and assertive (though not aggressive). The message was clear: Do not try to stop me. She would accept help, but not hindrance.
<font face="georgia"><i><FONT COLOR="#009f61">f</FONT><FONT COLOR="#03a166">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#05a26c">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#08a471">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#0ba676"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#0ea87c">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#10a981">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#13ab86">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#16ad8b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#19af91"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#1bb096">b</FONT><FONT COLOR="#1eb29b">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#21b4a1">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#24b6a6">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#26b7ab">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#29b9b1">,</FONT><FONT COLOR="#2cbbb6"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#2fbdbb">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#31bec0">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#34c0c6"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#37c2cb">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3ac4d0">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3cc5d6">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3ec6da">g</FONT></i></font>
15 Posts
Ooc — Riven
With the approach of two older females, the pup was shaken from her immobilized state—suddenly, the terror that had been building was too much for her. She had never seen anyone dead before. Seeing that form there, still and unmoving and very much wolf struck Naga with such a weight of understanding, it was all she could do to keep her legs from shaking. And when the tawny female—striped in black—set down a path the pup had not known existed, she took the opportunity to flee.
<small><i>avatar by lieu</i></small>
49 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
bone of the father, unknowingly given
you will renew your son
flesh of the servant, willingly sacrificed
you will revive your master
blood of the enemy, forcibly taken
[size=3]you will resurrect your foe[/size]

She had yet to move from where she was standing, holding her prize firmly within her strong jaws. Her gaze shifted between the child and the unconscious wolf that she was only half certain that she knew him but not entirely because his scent wasn’t nearly as strong as when she had first met him. If this male was who she thought it was, he was a follower of Sos and for that reason alone she was not turning to just leave the beast to his death.

The large beast of a woman was about to set down her prized kill when the sound of another approaching caused her to continue to hold tightly to her kill. Icy eyes narrowed into glaring slits at the sight of the woman carrying herself assertively. In return, Aguta pulled herself up to her full height and brought her tail up over her back. It was an automatic reaction, really. She really had come a long way from being the female that submitted to damn near everyone to who she was now.

Icy glare whipped in the direction of the child when she suddenly took off. A sound escaped from Aguta that was a cross between a grunt and a snort, muffled only slightly by the carcass in her jaws. Only when the child was long gone did she divert her attention fully back to the other female and the male beast on the brink of death. Lowering her head toward her paws, she released her hold on the half grown fawn that she’d killed for her cousin but gave a faint warning growl as she did so. Her warning growl was to make it perfectly clear that the carcass was meant for another. Tilting her head, slightly, she motioned to the male while keeping her eyes on the female. What can I do to help? was her silent question.

377 Posts
Ooc — ebony
i couldnt help posting bc i have all my tables back aslshshsps

Shadows, shadows; they were as so much dust, ashen jetsam thrown about on the sea of his racing mind. Lecter sought strongly to draw himself up out of the abyss and into his own awareness, into the aching body that awaited him. Lecter had felt their presences, a trio, or perhaps but two creaturss that had discovered him alongside the lake.

Two, three — it did not matter. The madman ground his teeth and cursed Atka, suspecting the she-bear had intended to keep him locked away for as long as She was able. I belong to Sos! he snarled, but teeth clicked audibly only on the name of his god. Lecter shouted the word, breath stabbing into his throat, leaving icy darts of poison in his chest. Sos! the former Shearwater shaman cried, body shaking with the effort of his passion.

He fell back, eddies of exhaustion delivering his body down unto the earth. Lecter's jaw tightened against the pain of his mortal self, but his icewater eyes denied the bruised sensation burning throughout his abused form — he raked the two wolves that stood close with a near-hateful look of frigid scorn. So, the madman clucked, mocking these strangers with the sort of fearlessness possessed only by the damned and the manic, it seems even here in this new land, stupid wolves range far in sole pursuit of shamans to disturb from spirit dreams, and Weatherwitches to anger.

Lecter grinned a flat death's-head gape. Which of you will bear my curse first?

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »