Stone Circle No place like home
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Adeline dragged herself across the frozen tundra until the strong scents of Easthollow filled her nostrils. It was a sight for sore eyes, the home she had so stupidly left. She thought she needed to find herself, that she was somehow lost because she hadn't seen the world. Well, she had certainly seen the worst of it—it couldn't be worse, could it?

Her body was not as she had left. It was frail, thin, and her bones jutted out at angles that weren't supposed to be seen. She was so hungry, and yet eating was so difficult. Walking was even harder, but she was much too stubborn to die. She had to get home. And, here she was. 

She plopped down on the borders, sucking in the scents that surrounded her. Steady, of course, and Valette and Grayday's scents were strong, too. There were a few others she didn't know, too. She sighed as relief flooded through her, and she simply laid in a heap in the snow. It couldn't be long before someone happened upon her, right?
do you want to break me like you were fourteen
and someone dared you to break the law?
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
There was a new rigidity in Grayday's spine that had a little to do with the cold and a lot to do with recent events at the border. He did what he always did after incidents like this and patrolled the borders more than ever. Several times a day. All day, when the wind screamed like phantom voices through the trees. It was hard to keep his thoughts straight when every voice was an enemy, and every other was hers.

Sometimes he saw things, too. Things made by shadows and his own paranoia, but this time, he was sure it wasn't just a trick of the light. This time - like many others - it was a red girl, familiar but frail, and it was so much like all the nightmares he'd been having since she left, except he could smell her this time, and he knew his mind wouldn't've been able to conjure that scent all on it's own.

Still, he walked like it was a stranger, and like he wasn't even sure it was there. There was so much hope in his stomach it felt more like dread. He didn't want to be wrong. Not again.

"Greeneyes?" he asked as he drew near, his voice hoarse.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
A voice reached her ears, and the single word spoken could only have come from one wolf: Grayday. Her eyes searched for him slowly as her head lifted from the white fluff that covered the ground. She smiled softly when she found him. My Day, she sighed. It was so good to see him, finally. 

She slowly brought herself to a sitting position, not liking being laid before him like a wolf who couldn't take care of herself. Her body shook uncontrollably from the cold, and she hated that she couldn't make it stop. How are you? she asked, as if her current condition was of no importance.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day closed his eyes, the sound of her voice punching through him like a bullet. It was a hallucination. They'd never talked to him before (they'd never been anything more than flickers on the edge of his vision, before), but there was no way this was anything but a fantasy. My Day, she'd said, like she knew he'd been waiting on those words for a very long time. But of course she did. This wasn't real.

But she was still there when he opened his eyes, shivering in the cold even as she sat up and faced him, beautiful as ever -

A pained, wordless moan came choking out of his mouth. He didn't remember moving, but suddenly he was right next to her, one leg holding her to him as her tucked his throat against the side of her neck, breathed ragged breathed down her spine. She smelled like she always did, but foreign, too. A restless urge awoke in the male - he needed to erase all that, like getting rid of those strange smells might turn back time and keep her from leaving in the first place.

He knew he should say something, that he should call for Steady and a healer - but he couldn't. No words were going to make it past the tightness in his throat anytime soon. And he wanted her all to himself, for just a few seconds before reality set back in. Just in case she was leaving again, or she hated him, or she was just a figment of his imagination. He sat there and he held on, and he breathed in her scent.
What's Mine is Ours
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
Suddenly, she was crushed against him in a bear-like hug. At least, in her fragile state, and Grayday being so strong, it sure felt like a bear was hugging her and not a wolf. She snuggled into him, though, trying to will his warmth into her. You're so warm, she commented, burying her head into his chest.

She could have never realized just how much she would miss this, the touch of a friendly wolf, to look upon a familiar face. He didn't answer her question, but she let it go, happy to simply stay here in this moment. Mostly because sharing his heat seemed to have lessened her shaking. But, the rumbling in her stomach could not be ignored. While she knew there was a good chance she might just chuck it back up, she had to eat something. Day, she said softly. I need food. 
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
She... what? She needed -

Reality came rushing back at him in one deep, gasping breath. This was real, she was Adeline and she was cold and hungry and -

"Addie - "

He was so fucking angry at her -

(How many times had he imagined this exact moment, where she came back and he met here here, and when he poured out his heart, she filled it? How many times had he wished for this? How many times -)

And her scent wasn't just unfamiliar, but tainted by ice and hunger. She'd been on her own so long, alone in the winter just like he'd warned her not to -

"Don't leave," he said, he begged, turning and bolting into the territory. She was hungry, and no matter what he'd waited for, he had to take care of her, first. He gave a long, desperate, triumphant howl: She is back. She is here. Come quickly. By the time he got back to her, there would surely be someone else at her side - but that was what she needed, and Day would never deny her that.

He grabbed meat from the first cache he could find and rushed back to her side. He tried to pretend he was angry that no one else had gotten to her yet, but selfishly, he was glad for a few more minutes alone. Dropping the haunch of meat at her paws, he opened his mouth to say something to her.

"I - " I missed you. I love you. I was so worried. I'm so angry that you left. I dreamed about you. I thought you would never come back. There was so much he wanted to say. None of it could get past his tongue.
Probably @Steady @Valette @Krypton or something, but Day basically just called for everyone to come help her.
What's Mine is Ours
Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
She did not know who Day was referring to in his call, but she heeded him anyways with quick pace. She loped towards him and the other strange scent, taking it in carefully. Who could have returned? Perhaps, it was another wolf she had yet to meet during her time away from the original STM pack. Whoever it was must've been important to him, hopefully, the wolf she was about to see was at least a familiar face. She arrived soon enough, panting a bit and looking towards the stranger, her mouth closing as her eyes widened a bit.

Krypton had one thought in her head. Zaria? How could it be? She was dead, left at STM to rest with her loyal mate, she couldn't have come back. She blinked a few times before taking in a whiff of air before realizing who it was. Zaria's child, Adeline. She had not seen the girl for months, she was surprised to see how much she has grown. She looked like Zaria, almost the spitting image of her, so vibrant and tawny, especially her eyes. "A-Adeline?"  she asked, wondering if Fitz's kids have finally returned to stay with his brother and rest of his original pack. "I'm not sure if you remember me, you were so young..." she almost whispered to herself, remembering how small and innocent she was as a child.

She lifted her gaze after recollecting her memories, giving her a teary smile. "I hope you at least remember seeing me at Silvertip with your uncle steady."
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
The howl that Grayday sent out was urgent, and Steady quickly got to his paws and ran to the borders. His hackles were raised as he flew through the trees and emerged from the other side. Snow covered the ground, but the wolves stuck out against it, and he could see, Grayday and Krypton, and a third wolf. 

He hadn't expected Adeline to return so soon, especially in the middle of winter, so he stood, shocked, for a moment before he closed the distance between them. He went to her side, cuddling up to her to help warm her up. Grayday had already gotten her food, which she looked like she really needed. Adeline, what happened? he asked, worry lacing his voice. She looked so ragged and thin, and not at all how he imagined she would look upon her return.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
Adeline was oblivious to the turmoil going on instead of Grayday. She could only think about food and warmth and getting both quickly. He instructed her to stay, as if she was going anywhere without some assistance. He returned a short while later, and the young girl nibbled at the meat. Experience had told her if she ate it too quickly, it would simply come right back up. 

A female approached, and Adeline looked her over, shaking her head side to side. I'm sorry, I don't remember you, she said. There were a lot of things about Adeline's past that she had buried in the back of her mind, including her siblings. Krypton may have been shoved back there, too, or maybe she had simply been to young to recall the memories of her.

Her tail thumped the snow when her father came into view. She leaned into him, her nose burying itself in his fur as she inhaled his scent. She had missed him so much. She pulled away just enough to answer his question. I never made it to your family's pack, she explained. I got lost, and I've just been wandering since. She felt like a failure, and stupid because she had tried to go out on her own with no experience whatsoever. It was really pure dumb luck that she managed to stay alive.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Before he could decide what exactly he wanted to say to her, the time had passed. Krypton arrived, and Steady soon after. They had their own pieces to say, but it was all white noise to Day. Steady moved to take the place Day had abandoned when he ran to get food, and for a moment, Day thought of going to her other side. He'd already started toward her when something stopped him. A feeling, maybe, or else the sound of her voice. Suddenly, he felt it would be a terrible intrusion to force his presence right then. Instead, the smokey male hung back, away from both Krypton and the pair. Though he was filled with a growing urge to turn and flee, he remained on the sidelines, waiting to see if he might be of use - or else dismissed.

It's enough that she's here. That she's safe, he thought to himself, the tightness in his chest beginning to loosen as he watched them out of the corner of his eye.
What's Mine is Ours
Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
it was no surprise that she did not remember her, adeline was so young that she would probably have only seen a brown and black blur that would be considered krypton in her view. krypton felt saddened to know she was not remembered, but couldn't blame the girl. instead, she shook off her feelings and lowered her position as steady came into the scene, worried how a father should be about his daughter.

well, let's not stay out here in the cold, chatting can happen later. We need to get you warm and fast too. she suggested this to the three, hoping they would agree so that the younger girl could at least rest after wandering for so long.
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Krypton suggested they not spend too much time out in the elements, and Steady couldn't agree more. You can stay with us tonight. It might be a bit tight, but it'll definitely keep you warm. We'll find a more comfortable place for you tomorrow, he said, leaving no argument in his statement. Adeline would be staying with him tonight. 

When she was done eating, he stood beside her, ready to help her get to their den. Once she was settled in, he would make sure she got a little more food in her belly. She looked so thin, and he was surprised the snow hadn't buried her already. The winter was strong, and had no mercy on the weak. And right now, Adeline was weak.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.