Stone Circle Do it for your pride - do it for them
GOLDEN GHOST
125 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
All Welcome 
@Grayday and anyone else that wants to meet Calloonytoony. set around a day after this joining thread.

When he had crossed the border the other day, he almost couldn't believe that he had joined Easthollow. It seemed the Wise Ones had really wanted him to join them, and he had done so without much hesitation. The only thing that felt... off, was the absence of his witchy friend. She was old, weak to the cold and probably not in the best shape. He worried over her - but he had to lose a toe or something if he wanted to go back. He couldn't - never again would he alter his fate in such a way. Sure, it had saved him once, but this time it was for selfish reasons. She was his friend, and would forever stay it till the day he perished. Perhaps their paths would cross again in Spring, if she took the strong male's offer. Calloon hoped she would... He knew no one here. He was faceless - voiceless. No one knows - home not, not home.

He wandered into the forest - the cold having reached his bones and it made him numb and tingly all over. Perhaps he were to freeze to death here... What a terrible way out. Then again, he would've died in the dungeons were it not for the winter and his quick-thinking. He soon found himself lost and had to follow his own pawprints to get out - not knowing that he was going in circles.

After a good hour did he give up - letting his body fall in the floofy snow with a "puff". He wondered if anyone here would help him get to a den - a cave or something. That reminded him again of the witch - all alone in her own cave, far away from him. Strangely enough, he was homesick - but the Wise Ones wanted him to be. He could feel it - he could see it in the patterns the snowflakes made as they gently dropped to the ground to meet their brethren. This is my fate and I'm not going to lose more of myself. I'm already so empty - or so full, in a way, with unshared thoughts and ideas, so full...
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Two new members, once again. Day had greeted Remy at the borders himself, but he'd yet to meet the second recruit. He'd been tracking the kid for over an hour, now, following his movements and puzzling over them. Guess he's just trying to get his bearings, he mused, abandoning the winding trail and heading straight for the middle, where he predicted the other male was most likely to be. He didn't even know this one's name, but he called out anyway, hoping for a clue: "Hey! Where are you?"

It bothered him that there were no more empty dens left - not that he knew of, anyway. There were a few places he thought might make good densites, but with the weather so cold, it would be silly to try and dig them out. He'd help, of course, but it would make for a long day. Briefly, he imagined shoving all the new recruits into Chaska's old den with Selkie and Akuti. Funny as those mental images were, Day knew there was really only one other option, if he wasn't going to be digging today. The two males would have to shelter in the stone den and hope that their combined heat would get them through the coming storm. "Hello? You out here, buddy?" he called again, sniffing curiously as he moved forward.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
GOLDEN GHOST
125 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
One ear swivelled upwards attentively as a voice reached him. He had already closed his eyes, dumb enough to think he could just sleep here without freezing to death. He wondered who the man calling was looking for. Surely it was not for him - not many knew him and he did not recognize the voice. Slowly he lifted his head, some snow still stuck on his soft grey pelt, and listened further. He even went as far as to check the air for any signs of others, but could not smell anyone besides him and the male obviously looking for someone. How strange... How wonderfully wonderful someone cares for another so much they seek them out.

A second call came, and he felt a tingly feeling in his stomach. Should he? Should he really just call out, knowing it was not him that was being sought? A glint in his eyes told the answer; surely he had to. He opened his mouth to let out a few calls for the man. How scandalous of me!
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day let out a quiet huff of relief as the stranger called back to him. He hadn't realized until then how worried he'd been that the other had already frozen to death. And he should've worried, because when he finally came upon the stranger, it was to find him lying all alone in the snow. "Can't be lying down in this weather, bud," he said at once, alarm bells already ringing in his head. His voice, however, remained calm and level. The worst he'd lose was a couple of toes, right? He hadn't been out here all that long. He was probably fine. "It's too cold to hang out outside unless you're moving around. There's a blizzard rolling in tomorrow. You got a den yet?"

He already knew the answer, though. If he'd had a den, he would've been in it.
What's Mine is Ours
GOLDEN GHOST
125 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
It was not long before a stranger reached him - acting as if he had been looking for... him? Was it true? Had the news of a strange, mute boy joining this group travelled so fast? He was so shocked and startled that he immediately got to all fours - crouching submissively. Is he mad? Mad at me for calling? But he did not look mad at all. He looked concerned somehow, and Calloon couldn't figure out why. Everything was fine - save for some numb toes and tingly legs. Then, the stranger spoke - pleasantly so, but his words made Calloon press his ears even further down so that they draped like a cloak over his skull. Bud? Buddy? Do I have a new friend, without trying?

His mouth in the shape of an "o", he stared at the other - golden ringed eyes sparkling cutely with tears from the cold. At the question, he shook his head in a "no". He wished he had a den. He wished for this winter to be over more than anything though, and a blizzard did not sound good.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day slowed his approach when the other male reacted with defensive submissiveness. He hadn't meant to startle anyone, and kept his distance after that, not interested in asserting himself where it clearly wasn't needed.

The boy shook his head, confirming Day's fears.

"That's alright. C'mon, I know a place that'll be alright for now." It wowould get him through the day, at least. If Remy also slept there, it would probably keep them warm enough. For now, Day turned to lead the stranger to the stone den, wanting to get him out of the cold as quickly as possible. Sleeping in the snow was a bad sign, and the silence worried him even moreso.

"What's your name, bud?" he asked, partially because he didn't know but mostly just to hear the other's voice. He hadn't said a word yet, had he?
What's Mine is Ours
GOLDEN GHOST
125 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
The male did not come closer and showed no signs of aggression or even much dominance. Calloon knew he probably had one of the lowest ranks and had acted accordingly - even though he truly had been startled. Not many did approach him - especially not on his travels or in the dungeons he had spent a good portion of his life in. He let his body relax, but his tail never left the place neatly between his two hind legs and his ears were almost glued to the back of his head. What is to come now? I did not know someone was looking for me - I'm so, so sorry...

When the other spoke of a place that was better than outside, he raised his head slightly in amazement. He was so kind, and Calloon did not feel worthy of this kindness. Everyone he had met so far had been nice, which was such a drastic chance from how things had been at home. Home... I guess this is home now? Curious. He, silently so, followed after the other grey wolf without the ability to question where they were going.

When a name was asked, Calloon let out a sad whimper. No one knew his name - faceless as he was, but unwillingly so. Calloon... I must not forget that I am Calloon. He hurried so that he could walk beside the other - eyes attentively tipped up at him. He could call him whatever he wanted - the ghost would not complain. Being given a name was such an honour - as if he were a child. He was someone else to everyone who named him differently, and he was thankful for that tiny heaven-like feeling that came from the hellish curse he carried with him everywhere.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
The kid didn't answer. Day glanced over at him, trying to see what his problem was, but nothing really stuck out. "You okay?" he asked, feeling a little awkward, now. Whatever, though. He hadn't really sought out the other for conversation. Luckily, the stone den wasn't far. They'd be standing in front of it soon enough, and then Day could get this kid off his paws.

Well, he'd probably stay long enough to make sure the other wasn't freezing to death. And he'd probably be back with Remy soon, anyway.
What's Mine is Ours
GOLDEN GHOST
125 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Oh, how he wished he could just tell this kind man his name. Just one word - nothing more. Silently, he prayed, but nothing he did could make him speak for himself. He let out a soft sigh - his breath creating a cloud of mist around his dusty dove muzzle. He let his eyes fall to the ground, having no hope that the other would ever just guess his name correctly. Perhaps he was better off forgetting everything about his time at home - in the war, with his family that had not even tried to save him. Would these wolves save me? Would I?

At the other's question, he nodded peacefully. He was perfectly fine - just cold and sad, but overall okay. If the other would let him, he would put his nose against his shoulder - silently asking for him to look before opening his mouth far enough to reveal the stump of a tongue he had left. Pretty gruesome, right? Not fun at all...
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
"Ah," Day sighed, seeing the crux of the issue in the form of Calloon's mangled tongue. He opened his mouth to begin peppering the younger male with questions, but then... well, he thought better of it. "That sucks, man. Guess I'll just stick to bud, right?"

The joke fell a little flat, but that was okay. They were finally at the stone den, and Day ducked inside, tail wagging invitingly behind him. "C'mon in, let's see if it'll get warm with just the two of us in here. If it doesn't, you might have to come home with me."
What's Mine is Ours
GOLDEN GHOST
125 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
His stillness was both a blessing and a curse - though more of a curse for the loving Calloon. Still, it had been this or death - that, the Wise Ones had made clear. He supposed it was all his own fault for not noticing sooner that the war was going no where. He had just wanted to help his parents - to bring them something they could use and win over their affection. Affection had always been the one thing that had lacked in his short life - which was probably why he did not often see himself as worthy of kindness of any shape or form. Still, he could laugh about it. At the other's comment, laughter erupted from back in his throat. "Bud" made him think of "butt" and of "friend", and he liked both.

Finally they arrived where the male had been taking him - a stone den that looked nothing like the cave of home nor the dungeons. He liked it, and followed after the other grey male submissively. It was then that he noticed the other had not spoken of himself much - like his rank or name or anything. Curious being - both you and me. He let out an appreciative "woof" of affection and happiness, staying close near the other male without much hesitation. Closer and we could touch - share warmth. How strange - how wonderfully foreign to my soul.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day, too focused on his self-appointed task of mothering all his packmates, had yet to notice that he hadn't introduced himself. The aim of this mission had not really been to get to know anyone, but Day was an amiable creature. Getting to know someone happened whether he meant it to or not.

"You'll probably have to share this place with another new recruit - his name's Remy - since we don't have much room and all. With this storm coming, it's better to be uncomfortable for a night than dead for a lifetime, right?"

Ah, he had to stop making jokes. They were never quite as funny as he hoped.

"You feeling alright?" he asked, scooting closer and rolling so that the broad of his back was against the other male's side. "It looked like you were freezing out there. Is this your first winter?"
What's Mine is Ours
GOLDEN GHOST
125 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Calloon didn't mind sharing - it was all he had done since his birth. It was almost all that a mono child could do very well, besides healing and thinking outside of the box. I mean; who would ever rip out their tongue just to escape the dungeons? Surely others would have fought - try to talk their way out, but the ghost had went to an almost unknown extreme in his culture. Altering ones fate came at a cost, after all.

Ah - the man is a jokester! These cold times call for warm comments - I like it, I like it. Laugher once again erupted, a little more thoughtful this time. It was very true what the man had said; though, if all was well, he would not die just yet. The Wise Ones would not have sent him to a welcoming place just to die. The Wise Ones had been cruel before, too cruel, and he believed that he deserved some mercy before his final days. He nodded excitedly before they moved on.

He shook his head in a "yes" at the first question, but his ears went like wings on the sides of his head - offended at the other question. He was young, but surely not a yearling anymore, and he shook his head in a stern "no". It was only briefly though, because not long after he found himself wrapping himself tighter to his new "bud". I don't mind sharing at all - especially not with kind men.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day huffed and shot Bud a wry look when he laughed. It was good to be appreciated, even if he knew he wasn't the funniest guy around. His wry look changed to one of contrition as his next question caused his new friend unrest. "Just asking," he said cheekily, swatting Bud with his tail.

It seemed warm enough so far - Day was fairly certain Bud and Remy could weather the storm in the stone den, though they probably wouldn't be quite as warm as Day would be in his smaller, eathier den. It would just have to do.

"This is some storm, though," he sighed, craning his neck to peek outside at the sky. "Even for me - and I'm from a far colder climate."
What's Mine is Ours
GOLDEN GHOST
125 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Calloon didn't mind the question all that much, but at least this gave his bud a good answer. He seemed genuine and the ghost could understand why he wanted to know. For himself, Calloon was no mystery - but he now realized that he was pretty strange for others. He smiled, puffing softly when the other swatted his tail at him which made him giggle. He let his own tail gently thump on the ground, quite comfortable here.

Calloon closed his eyes and nodded - it took no genius to see that this weather was more extreme than normal. Calloon himself came from the North, and when he learned that his bud came from a colder climate his tail started to thump even harder. With a twinkle in his doe-eyes did he try and point at himself with his muzzle to try and tell he came from somewhere colder too.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day was beginning to get the hang of Bud's reactions. "You too, huh?" he asked, not exactly surprised. He certainly had the coat for it, even if he lacked the sense.

He laid his head down on his paws, feeling the weight of all his restless nights coming down on him all at once. With a wide yawn, he settled himself more firmly against Bud and heaved a deep, contented sigh. The warmth and kindness of his friend was quickly lulling him to sleep, and for once, Day was going to close his eyes and submit to that.
What's Mine is Ours
GOLDEN GHOST
125 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
He was surprised to see that his bud understood - glad that someone paid attention to his visual clues as to what he was thinking. He grinned a toothy grin, nodding as confirmation. Someone understands, how blessed can I be? Hikinda must have good things woven for me. He watched the other lay down his head, probably preparing for a nap, and Calloon smiled. He had not noticed before how tired he was from his numerous trips through Teekon, and he joined his bud - snuggling up against him and letting his paws rest to the side.

He whimpered a "goodnight", closing his own doe-eyes to rest. The day would come again, surely, and he could not wait to meet the others. He was carried to sleep with a peaceful mind and not once did he linger on what all had gone wrong in his life.