Stone Circle and don't call me Shirley
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Private 
The more time passed, the worse Day felt about his most recent blunder. It'd been bad enough to disturb them, of course. He hadn't meant to, of course, and they'd been in a public place and it wasn't exactly his fault, but he still felt bad. He could've just silently gone on his way, after all. There'd been no need to comment.

Back at home, in his father's pack, things had been different. They'd all lived on top of each other, brothers and sisters and aunts and uncles, and his very-much-in-love parents. He'd seen a lot of mating before he was even old enough to want to, and by the time he was finding his own conquests, it was almost expected that he'd be interrupted with catcalls or teasing from his older siblings and nervous giggling from the younger. His uncle had been particular immature about it.

But Easthollow wasn't llike thathe, and every time he replayed Valette's horrified yelling in his head, he felt worse about the interruption.

He wouldn't dare try and seek her out - not again, and not anytime soon - but sat out in plplain sight near the alpha den, a freshly killed rabbit in his mouth and a look of deep remorse and contrition on his face.

Silently, he waited for either @Steady or @Valette to pass by.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady hadn't been as upset as Valette was, probably wouldn't have been at all if she wasn't. He was mostly upset for her. He hated that their first time had to be interrupted, and he supposed he should have picked a more secluded spot, but she had urged him on, and he had no will to tell her no. He would make it up to her in the future, of that he was sure.

He came up the clearing of the den, and spotted his Beta immediately. His tail wagged briefly in a friendly greeting as he approached. Whatcha doin? he asked, eyeing the rabbit. He supposed it was a gift for Valette, or maybe the pups. The last time he had come upon someone with a gift (*cough*Chaska*cough), he had wrongly assumed it was for himself. This time, he made no mistake of doing that. He didn't feel Grayday owed him anything, either.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Soon enough, he was met by Steady. It was sort of relieving, actually - Day wasn't sure how any interactions with Valette would've gone. She would probably be more receptive toward Steady than himself. For now, he could just ask him to pass along his apology.

"Waiting for you," he replied, setting the rabbit down and pawing it toward the alpha. "I wanted to apologze for interrutping the other day. I feel awful."
What's Mine is Ours
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
The rabbit was, in fact, for him, as an apology for the intrusion on Steady and Valette's private moment. Steady couldn't help but let loose a chuckle. It's alright, he assured his Beta. I know you didn't mean to, and we were out in the open, where anyone could have seen us. He surely didn't blame Grayday, nor was he upset about it. 

Valette, however, did seem to be unnerved by the intrusion. I'll take this to Valette, though, with your apology. I know she was a little put off, but I'm sure she'll be fine in a couple of days. He hoped, anyways. Maybe the gift would let her relax a bit.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day's tail wagged more swiftly as his apology was accepted and then quickly waved away. It was good that, for once, his blunder hadn't put him at odds with his brother. Still, it pained him to know that he'd caused Valette such discomfort. She was one of the purest and sweetest wolves he'd ever met, and he knew for certain that she didn't deserve to be made uncomfortable - especially not by Day.

"Yeah," he agreed with a grimace. He hoped she would feel better soon, but he didn't really know a way to make things better. Time would tell, he supposed. "But hey - I'm real happy for you two. You're a pair I can be proud to serve." He didn't mean to say that Niita had not been a good leader, but the proof was in the pudding. Niita had never made it to alpha, or even beta.
What's Mine is Ours
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady still thought of Niita from time to time, still wondered what happened to her. But, his heart no longer yearned for her as it once had. While he did love Niita, he knew he could not spend his life waiting for her. Valette had come into the pack, and both overtime and seemingly all at once, his heart had fallen for her. 

He smiled at Grayday's compliment. Thank you, he replied. The word "serve" brought up an interesting point, though. His head tilted a bit. I don't really want you serving me, he began to explain. I do what I do, not because I feel others serve me, but because I feel I serve them—the family. A servient leadership, if you will. He wanted to teach, to train the wolves how to be their own leaders. He didn't want to be a dictator. He looked to Grayday. What do you think? 

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
"All wolves are servents," Day responded, the words coming automatically to his tongue. He blinked in surprise as he recognized his father's voice, and then swished his tail at Steady, trying to cover up the moment of wistfulness.

"I mean, you're right. We all serve each other. Easthollow wouldn't be the pack that it is without that," he went on, agreeing with Steady's sentiment. He didn't say it, but he still though of himself as a servent to Steady and Valette first and foremost. They were the future of the pack, the backbone. The others would all come and go - Chaska's departure had proved that to him - but as long as they had Steady at the helm, they'd be alright.
What's Mine is Ours
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Grayday's reply was swift, as if it had been hanging on the edge of his tongue for while. But, maybe he had simply felt the same as Steady did, but never voiced it until now. Steady nodded, So much has changed in such a short amount of time, he said wistfully. But, I feel like it's for the better. There's a silver lining in there somewhere, I know it. There simply had to be. Otherwise, what were they all doing?

We've gotten some new recruits. Had time to check any of them out? he asked. Steady was interested to know Grayday's opinion, since it would weigh more heavily now that he was Beta. He mostly wanted to know if they might have any trouble makers on hand, as that wasn't something the pack needed right now.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day hummed, trying to get all the new faces in order. "I've got high hopes for Remy - he seems capable and friendly enough," he began, remembering the magpie wolf first and foremost. What he really thought was that they needed some muscle to replace Chaska, but even though he was sure they were both thinking it, it felt a little tactless to say it out loud. "The other kid - the mute one - he seems like a nice guy, but I don't know how useful he'll be. Same for Akuti. We'll just have to see where they fit in. I haven't had much of a chance to talk to Selkie. I really only know her name 'cause I was around when you accepted her."

Though he had a lower opinion of these joiners than Remy, Day still felt they could become valuable members of the pack. After all, he'd shown up half-blind, and Steady's made him a beta. Not every useful wolf could look as young and able as Remy.
What's Mine is Ours
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady listened, nodding as Grayday spoke, mostly agreeing with him. He hadn't met Remy and Akuti yet, though he probably should soon. The mute one seems okay. He's eager as much as he is silent, I think, he commented in favor of the male. I turned his companion away, though. She had no respect for myself, Krypton or Mara Susi. Said she wouldn't be of any use until spring, so I told her to try back then. He didn't regret his decision, though he was a little surprised that the male had decided to part ways with her. Maybe he understood it was his only chance for survival. 

I'm glad to have Adeline, back, too. I hate that she didn't make it to my parents' pack, but I'm at least glad she made it back here. He didn't know what he'd do if anything ever happened to her. Maybe she found whatever it was she was looking for while she was out there.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Hm. He supposed he could see what Steady meant about Bud - the kid had been eager to please. That was something, at least. Either way, Day still liked him. He liked everyone, so far. "She'll probably be dead," Day replied, speaking of the rude elder. No loss to them. "There's some bad weather coming in the next few days. We should probably make sure everyone has a denmate to bunk with."

I will sleep with your daughter.

"Yeah," Day agreed, his mood wavering when he thought of Adeline. "I was so scared, the whole time she was gone. It was like a physical weight in my chest," he said in a low voice, "And then when I saw her at the borders... I didn't even realize it until then, but I guess... I guess I was angry that she'd left. I don't know."

Suddenly, he seemed to realize who he was talking to. "I mean - I'm not angry at her, I guess. I'm just - "

He took a deep breath.

"I was just worried, you know?"
What's Mine is Ours
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
While Steady hadn't like the female, he didn't wish her any ill will. Still, Grayday had a point. This winter was a rather harsh one, and only the strong would survive. The chances of her being one of them was slim, giving the fact that she didn't even have two good eyes to aid her. We'll see, he commented. If she did survive the winter, he would wonder how.

Grayday mentioned the weather, and Steady nodded. I agree, he replied, thinking it was a good idea. Start scouting a few places that a den can be made out of quickly. I'll help, too. He knew right now there probably wouldn't be enough dens for all the newcomers, and he didn't want them sleeping out in the cold. But, the ground was frozen, and hard to dig into this time in the year.

Grayday opened up, expressing that he had felt angry that Adeline left. He seemed to try and backtrack what he said, but didn't think there was a need to. It's okay, if you were angry at her. I was, he admitted. It's hard, being her father, and not just ordering her to stay because I knew it was the smarter choice than going out in the beginning of winter. It had been hard for him to let her go. But, she's going to have to learn somehow, and if she feels the need to learn by doing, then I want to support her. He felt he would just push her away if he simply disagreed with whatever she wanted to do. I was worried, too, he admitted. But, she's back now, and I hope she'll stay. He knew she had been looking for something when she left, and he could only hope that she found it here, and not anywhere else.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day nodded, accepting Steady's assignment with ease. He'd already been planning to do something of the sort, but it felt better to have his brother's backing on the matter. You two! I command thee to cuddle! By order of Alpha Steady.

The idea almost made him chuckle, but he managed to keep a straight face.

It was a relief to hear that he wasn't the only one that harbored anger toward Adeline. He'd spent a lot of time wondering if he should talk to someone about it, only to refrain when he thought about how Steady might react. But it seemed like his worries had been for naught. Day was glad he wasn't alone in this.

"Me too," he agreed, a wry smile on his face. "I should go look for some dens. Thanks for the talk, Steady - and save some of that rabbit for Valette!"

With that, he started off, tail wagging absently as he headed into the woods.
What's Mine is Ours
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
It seemed that Steady's pep talk got Grayday feeling better, and he left in higher spirits than when he came. I'll be sure to! he promised. He picked up the rabbit in his jaws, tail wagging, and turned to go find @Valette. He would let her know it was a peace offering from Grayday, and hopefully she would accept it and forget what happened.