Duskfire Glacier Sometimes loss is a good thing
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Private 
Here, he was, little Kieran, only three months old, and already planning some of his future. It wasn't an overly large thing, no, but it was something he believed was right and he wished to learn more about it and what he could do. Losing his home, having his sister gone missing for a while, and seeing the pain on others' faces, especially once they moved to their new home, had made him realise something.

He wanted to help them.

He couldn't bear to see all the pain and loss on anyone's face, nor the uncomfortable feeling of having to start again. No. He wanted to comfort them, he wanted to show them that not all was lost. This was why he had come to find his parents. It did not matter whether it was @Eden or @Sylvas Streiter . The boy wanted to learn what he could to do help, instead of being useless and irritating. Kieran had had enough of sitting around being a lazy potato. The events of the past week had made him come to a realisation, and he intended to go through with his desicion.
English * French
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
Taking after mom!

Hello, sweetheart, Eden crooned as she answered her son's call. It was important to her that she attend to her children before anything else, especially in such a trying time. A curious look crossed her face as she sat back on her haunches and cocked her head, getting a better look at the boy. Is everything alright? She hoped he was settling in well with Sorrel now around to keep him company. This claim would belong to him one day, and she wanted Kieran to enjoy it.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
When Eden came into view, Kieran sped up so he could reach her faster. Once he was sat in front of her, he raised his head to look at her. "Yes, Mama," he began, using a little of the french he knew. It wasn't much, no, but he still wanted to use it. "I... decided on a trade, mama." He added, giving her a faint smile. "I know what I wanna do." 

The territory had become to feel slightly familiar, as Kieran had begun to recognise certain locations in the area, and he had also begun to think of the land as beautiful, for truly, it was. But that was not what he was here to talk about. "I..... I wanna help others... I wanna be a..." he struggled to remember the word, but it soon came to him. "I wanna be a... Counselour," he finished, then looked up at her, seeming to wish for his mother to tell him more about it, or perhaps, say her thoughts on the matter. But it was what Kieran wanted, and he thought it was a good thing.
English * French
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
Really? Eden was admittedly a bit puzzled. Kieran was a compassionate child, yes, but he was a bit more timid than his mother would have liked. To be a counselor, one had to be able to socialize with others, and Eden wasn't sure he had it in him. Still, she was glad that he seemed to be taking more from her than his father, the pack's mercenary. A smile grew across her maw as she nosed her child, no longer having to reach down far as his frame grew quickly into a juvenile's physique. That's wonderful, Kieran. But it's also a difficult trade to maintain. Are you sure this is what you want? Hearing so many troubling things could take a toll on one's heart, and Eden wanted to make sure her sweetheart knew what he was getting himself into.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Kieran, although still timid, planned to grow out of his very shy ways, though it would not be easy. He had to become more confident. He believed, however, this was a good way to do that. Whether or not it would work, was a whole different thing. "Yes... I wanna be able to help others mama. I don't like seeing them sad." it was true. The boy cared deeply about how others felt, even if it was nothing to do with him. If he saw someone sad, it made him sad. Although the boy was shy, he'd grow used to his packmates, wouldn't he? He'd be able to talk to them without discomfort, right? So he'd be able to advise them or comfort them... he was sure of it. It was doubtful the prince would ever be as confident as someone like Hawthorn , but he still wanted to contribute to the pack and being a Counselor sounded like something he'd be able to do - even if he was shy.

"That or a caregiver, maybe.." He added, considering his options.
English * French
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
Eden couldn't contain her joy upon hearing her son's interest in becoming a caregiver. Her face beamed, a wide smile encompassing her maw, and her tail kept a steady wag behind her. I know, sweetheart. Kieran was always the more compassionate of her pair, and she knew that his heart held a certain capacity for love and kindness. Whereas she would have wished he took more from his father, she was happy with the way her blessing turned out. I can teach you whatever you might need to know. And Kieran, I want you to know that I'm very, very proud of you. Eden smiled and licked the fur on the child's head back, leaving a gentle kiss on his crown.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
I don't think there is anything else to say here, so I'll go ahead and archive this if that's okay!
He liked seeing his mother happy. Although, he had more interest in becoming a counselor than a caregiver, perhaps one day he would continue with that trade.

For now though, Kieran was contempt with not saying anything else, and instead pressing his nose into Eden's fur, enjoying the warmth it gave off.
English * French