Duskfire Glacier bleak
shadowhunter
60 Posts
Ooc —
Distantly, Hawthorn heard Kieran lie down beside him. There was silence for a moment, and then he spoke, saying that he didn't need to have to feel the pain. His brows creased, and he turned to look at the younger boy, one eyebrow raised in disbelief. "I'm never going to be able to stop feeling it," he stated grimly, then he sighed, "only, maybe, with time. I'm too impatient to wait, though." His words didn't appear to make sense right now, but Haw hoped that Kier knew what he meant. He wanted it to go away, but he didn't want to suffer years of pain before it actually left his heart and set him free.
"Will you actually?" a gleam of hope entered Thorn's brilliant blue eyes and he regarded Kieran in a new light. Slowly, a genuine smile spread across his lips and he grinned at the prince. "Thank you. I'll have your back too," then, slowly becoming more and more like his old self, he spoke again, "hey, if you actually do have my back, you'll eventually become my favourite person in the world."
Hawthorn rolled onto his back and yawned widely, staring at the numerous stars dotting the winter sky. He frowned, and turned to look at Kieran. "What did you mean when you said 'i don't care what objections you may have about it'? Why would I have any objections?" He was genuinely curious to see how the younger boy's mind worked, and Haw was also genuinely confused as to why he would have any objections in first place. Yes, they might have gotten off on a bad start, but Hawthorn acted like that to every stranger he met, so it shouldn't be a surprise should it?
"You don't know though, do you?" Hawthorn smiled bittersweetly. "We can only ever hope..I just hope it'll be enough, huh?" he grinned, hoping to lighten the atmosphere. Well, he didn't expect it to have much effect given he had tried to suicide moments ago, but still, they were both just children, and children should have a lot more hope and happiness than adults did.
if you can't fly, then run;
if you can't run, then walk;
if you can't walk, then crawl;
even if you have to crawl, gear up
aim your gun! ready! fire!

Mercenary:
0/5
Caregiver/Medic: 0/5

(always open for threads)
Messages In This Thread
bleak - by Hawthorn - January 29, 2017, 12:20 PM
RE: bleak - by Kieran Adrien - January 29, 2017, 12:50 PM