Blackwater Islands the green twins with your eyes
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Pack Activity 

Come on, darling. 

The pair had quickly become inseperable. Whether this had been due to the affectionate nature of Calypso or the protective vices of Kalika, the latter was unsure. It mattered nought, for the young mother quite liked spending time with her child and teaching her about the proper way of life for a young woman of the Sea. The Moon shone high above, illuminating the land around them in tiny sparks of white and blue. As Kalika marched along the coast, submerged to her knees in water, she watched Calypso carefully to be sure that she was managing to keep up properly.

We're going to meet the Sisters, Calypso. When you see them, I want you to say geia​. It's how you say 'hi' in our language. Can you try it? Waiting for Calyspo's attempt at speaking the small tidbit of Greek, Kalika through back her head and called for her Sisters to gather around. She was sure that they each knew of the child's arrival, but she wanted them to have a proper introduction.
She dreams of the ocean late at night and longs for the wild salt air.
45 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Calypso stumbled after her mother, jumping around gleefully. She hadn't been told where they were going, but was incredibly excited anyways. She found herself watching the water along side her as she walked, until her mother spoke. She Yipped happily in response, for she wanted to meet everyone else. "Geia?" she pronounced the word carefully, looking to kalika for reassurance.

9 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Chelan was out for a stroll and was off in a world of his own before a rather loud call for a gathering of the females came from nearby. It was that that pulled him out of his thoguhts in time to realize he was right about to cross paths with the female who made the call. Not only that but he neglected to notice the small sprite by the females paws.

He knew that his company would not be well recieved if a meeting had just been called and one that did not require him to be there and so he assumed a really submissive and apologetic posture lowering his belly right to the ground pretty much at eye level with the pup he offered the little girl a slight smile though he couldn't help but wonder where she came from. None of the wolves here were pregnant the last he knew of.
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Mhm, Kalika assured Calypso, listening to the accented word fall from her maw. Although she was hoping that the Sirens would arrive first, it seemed that the Consort she had greeted at the borders would make his appearance immediately. She used her paw to push Calypso between her legs and allowed a rumble to form in her belly. Calypso, pay attention, she whispered to the child. Then to the male, she began to speak, You are too close to my child. Lift yourself and step back.

In Kalika's mind, it was important for Calypso to know her place from as young an age as possible. Should Chelan not follow orders and refuse to move, then there would be a much more important lesson to be learned — dominance and force.
5 Posts
Ooc — Siro
Tokitae was not far when the call went up and, for lack of anything better to do, she rose from her bed of moss and headed off to the meeting. Her interest in the Nereides themselves was superficial at best. She was here for two reasons—the Mothers' will, and Chelan. That was it. Any loyalty she felt towards Akantha and her band of misfits was tenuous, but she wasn't in a position to refuse the Matriarch's offer of a home. Especially one as grand as this.

But when she arrived on the scene, her heart sank. The grayscale woman from before—Kalika, was ordering Chelan to step back, though it was immediately clear he was making every attempt to submit before both Kalika, and her daughter. A severe frown stripped the neutrality from her expression. She moved quickly, devouring the distance in a few strides, and came to stop just ahead of her brother. A glance was spared at the young girl and her eyes softened briefly before they turned on Kalika, hard once more. "What's going on?" She asked coolly.
I have sea foam in my veins, I understand the language of waves.
45 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
The sweet little fae saw the male shortly before her mother. It was curious, the way he stayed at her eye level. At first, upon seing him, she grinned widely, remembering her older half-brother from her past. She nearly bound over to him before her mother's feminine paw pulled her underneath her. This confused Calypso, for she did not know the ways of the Nereides.

Before the sweet little girl could say a word, a female strode from the brush. She seemed tense about something, perhaps Kalika's words. When the woman's gaze turned to the child, she nearly cowered before the female's expression changed to somthing kinder. At that, Calypso timidly stepped out from under her mother and towards the woman. "Geia!" She spoke brightly, looking to Kalika for approval.

lights • cameraaction
144 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
[table width=85%][tr][td]

If Kalika had thought word of the child’s arrival had reached Indie’s ears, then the pale girl had been very wrong. In fact, the first Indie heard of this news was Kalika’s call for the sisterhood. It struck Indie’s curiosity and, without a clue as to what the girl actually meant by her call, she picked herself up and moved towards the young initiate — and her feet definitely made haste!

The interaction she arrived upon was a tense one; and, of course, Kalika was found at the epicenter. Even before Indie saw it, she heard it; heard Kalika chastise another for approaching too close and Indie couldn’t help but roll her eyes. When the vaudevillian slithered onto the scene and saw Kalika draped over “her” child. Indie rolled her eyes even harder. Did the girl’s caprice have no end? How could Kalika forget herself so quickly?  Indie hauled in a deep breath and held it for a moment, deeply vexed by the callowness and sudden annoyance of it all.

There was another Nereid, clearly stiffened by the situation at hand. Indie felt a certain level of responsibility for her student’s foibles, so Indie strode forward as if this situation with an unknown babe and a submissive male were entirely par for the course. Golden gaze flashing with melodrama, Indie looked from Kalika to Tokitae to Kalika again. “I second that question — what’s going on here?” With a cant of her head, she questioned tongue in cheek Your child?”

[/td][/tr][/table]
“what a lovely day" says the butcher as she raises her arm 
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Kalika's expression did not falter with the first femme's appearance. She had known her from the borders as Tokitae, the sister of Salish and Chelan. It was instinctual for a woman to be protective over her brood, so this was understood from both perspectives. Regardless of this, Kalika would remain stoic and unmoving when it came to her child's safety. Apologies, she said coolly, but I felt as though he was too close. Next came Indie, who Kalika was admittedly a bit apprehensive toward in regards to this small get-together she had arranged.

My child, yes. Akantha and I found her together and I offered to take her as my own. If Indie saw something wrong with this, then that was at her own fault and there would be no crafty words offered to cure this vexation. She looked around for @Akantha, as she wished to introduce the girl with the Matriarch present, but chose to begin immediately instead. This is Calypso.
45 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
It upset her slightly when Kalika spoke in Greek, for the young girl had not been taught many of the words her mother spoke with. She wished to know what was said because Kalika's posture seemed quite tense. Calypso wondered if perhaps her mother was not comfortable around this woman and the man in the brush.

As an obsidian fae prowled towards them, Calypso found herself at her mother's side once again. Something about the woman set the girls nerves on fire. Sitting down upon her haunches, she attempted to hold herself like what she imagined the Matriarch would hold herself, as she considered the woman to be a role-model for her future. Gathering every ounce of her courage as her mother motioned to her, she spoke merely louder than a whisper, "Geia". It was the proper thing to say according to Kalika, and she would not dare to disrespect the dark femme.