Noctisardor Bypass #GanadorGang
I once saw the end of my life.
427 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
'Pack' hunt? :D - @Knew @Mawk @Illecebra @Noor --- set for tomorrow! Let's keep a post order on this for now, but lemme know if you wanna be skipped on one round!

Gwen had come to the realisation that they needed a sort of pack hunt. They needed more food, for sure, and they simply weren't catching enough for all five of them.
But, luckily for them, Gwen was trying to earn the hunter trade and had learnt a few tips and tricks during her time at Marauder's Keep. From Silas, especially. Though, the white wolfess was still a little nervous about the hunt as she seemed to be the only proper hunter out of the group, so she would have to lead the hunt. And, to add to that, she was to be an Empress. She would have liked to have had Knew helping her, but he was too weak. Heck, he had almost died, and Gwen would refuse to allow him to participate. No, unfortunately for him, he'd have to just sit and watch. Although, the girl didn't think he'd be that bothered by it; he didn't seem like he was big on hunting anyways.

She let out a call for the others and let it ring out for a few moments before lowering her muzzle and sniffing the ground. She could scent the weak doe, who was probably grazing, a little way away. She would have gathered the wolves closer to her, but she didn't want to scare off the prey if one of the others accidentally made a loud noise. They needed to be coordinated and organised. The pale wolfess would have got them to hunt earlier but there had been no sign of larger prey. Knew's collapse had given Gwen a wake up call - these wolves needed food, and they needed it soon.
[Image: 8rXo9x9.gif]
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Mawk had been checking out the surrounding area, getting a feel for the place that would be his home soon. He had yet to tell Spring that he would be leaving Silver Creek, and he really hoped that she wouldn't be mad. Of course, It had been Mawk's decision to leave, and to join Ganador Bypass, but he was glad that Skylaris could take his place. Speaking of Skylaris, Mawk hoped that Illecebra would come with him while he said his goodbyes to the Creek's wolves, and then she could meet his childhood best friend. He believed, due to their personalities, that they would get on well, and the wolfdog would be over the moon if they did.

When he heard his new leaders call, he began to steadily trot that way, his paws crunching through the ever-thickening snow. It was annoying, yes, that the amount of snow that had been dropped by the storm had seemingly doubled by the end. Once Mawk reached the Empress, he gave a respectful nod of his head and a question slipped through his jaws. "Gwen? Is everything alright?"
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Illecebra had been doing pretty much the same as Mawk, surveying her new home. She had reached a far point of it when Gwen's call reached her, and her ears perked up to pinpoint her new leader's position. Knowing where to go now she ran through the thick snow using light bounds to leap over and through the cold fluff. Once on seen she properly dipped her head to Gwen first, before giving Mawk an admiring look. "You called? is everything okay?" She asked as she sat down.

She didn't know anything about the hunt but she had caught a fresh scent of deer around the area. She guessed they were trying to find a patch of bushes that hadn't lost their berries yet.
You see, Pige, when you're footloose and collar-free, well, you take nothing but the best
100 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Knew had never wandered far from his ghostly Empress, not wanting to cause any more stress against her, or himself. He came to her call rather quickly, instantly going to her side and sitting down, giving her a small nudge with his muzzle before glancing down at the others. His neardeath experience had given him a new light, well more Gwen did. Ever since he had been eating the most he could, listening to doctors orders. "What's going on, Pidgeon?" He questioned, his eyes glancing around her, her call hadn't sounded extremely urgent, so he didn't worry that much. 

He looked down at the others, he hadn't given the newest ones nicknames yet, he didn't want to force it though, it would come naturally.
47 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Noor showed up last, her fur flurried from the last of the storm. It seemed that the temperatures were rising from cold as hell to just cold, for which the young woman was glad. She looked at the group, a bit of apprehension in her gaze, though she was able to find herself a seat nearer to Gwen and farther from the Jinn. You called? she asked, wondering why they were all gathered. No one seemed to be hurt from what Noor could tell, so she thought it safe to say that there would be no surprises. She looked to Knew and immediately lowered herself, though her eyes were able to find their way back to Gwen, her favorite of the group.
This is a limited consent character! Please keep this in mind when threading with her.
For further details on this, visit her profile.
427 Posts
Ooc —
The pale wolfess touched her nose to Knew's side when he arrived, but Gwen waited for all of the wolves to arrive before she spoke up. "Alright, everyone. I don't know if you already caught the scent, but there is a doe around here. I think this is a good opportunity to work on team coordination and a possible meal." She spoke in soft tones, but they were far enough from the prey that it shouldn't hear them anyway.

She gave them each a look as if to make sure they understood, and were willing to help. "If for some reason you can't hunt, or participate, just let me know, but otherwise...." she paused and then got straight to the point issuing roles to each of them. "Alright, since there is four of us hunting, we can surround her. Noor, it would be great if you could take the left side and Mawk I want you to take the right side. When we begin, flank the doe on both sides. If you can you may bite her legs, but beware in case she decides to kick. Got it?" The Empress waited a moment in case they wanted to reply and then she turned to Illecebra. "Illecebra, I want you to take the far side. I will be at the back, and I'll chase her down that way. See if you can block her path - and then they'll be one of us on each side. If possible, land a blow on her neck, otherwise, keep her in place and I'll try and latch onto her back."

"Oh and Knew, you get some rest." she gave him a brief smile. "You can watch and learn some tricks, if you want."
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Mawk gave a wag of his curled tail in greeting to Illecebra before sitting down to listen to what Gwen had to say. Oh, so, there is a doe. Good 'cuz I'm starvin'. He could see that the Empress had begun to give out tasks and roles, and when he heard his own he gave a pleased nod of his head. This would be he wolfdogs first large hunt in quite a while, and he was beyond excited. 

Though, he couldn't help bit notice how Noor sat probably as far from Mawk as possible, and the man had to bite back a sigh.

Once the roles were given out, Mawk stood up, waiting for the group to begin headin closer to where the deer was located. Before he moved, though, he leaned closer to Illecebra and whispered "Be careful, 'kay?" He knew she had a very important role at the front and Mawk knew that if she asked to, he would swap roles with her. He just didn't want her to get hurt, though he knew she would most likely be fine. She was a tough woman.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Illecebra listened intently to the instructions but couldn't help the surprised (and pleased) smile that brightened her face. She would get to block and help bring down the doe? How fun that sounded! She nodded her head once "you got it boss" she said lightly. She looked at Knew next wanting to know if he'd refuse to lay still while they hunted. She had known that he was sickly but the extent of it was unknown.

Next she looked at Mawk with a proud glint in her eyes as if to say aren't I a tough cookie? But then leaned against him giving his neck a teasing nip "I'll be alright, besides I'll have you guys right behind the doe"  she murmured reassuringly and gave Noor a confused look. "What's up with her?" She asked concerned as to why the woman seemed to be avoiding Mawk.
You see, Pige, when you're footloose and collar-free, well, you take nothing but the best
100 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
You can skip Knew for now on, he'll just be a watcher

Knew attempted to listen - he truly did, but for some reason everything Gwen said when it came to the hunt flowed into one ear and out the other. He really didn't care for hunting and would prefer someone just caught it for himself instead of having to work for it, that's what he was accustomed to his whole life, it was difficult to adjust otherwise. All and all he was grateful he wouldn't be participating, even though a slight guilt washed over him knowing Pidgeon would be catching him food, along with the others. He glanced at them for a moment, observing their features until his Empress suddenly spoke towards him. His attention landed on her and was finally listening to her words. He nodded obiediantly, and laid down. "Sounds good to me!" 
47 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Okay, she said to Gwen. Noor had no idea what she was doing in regards to hunting, though she wasn't quite sure how to voice her concerns in the foreign tongue they spoke. Her attention was taken by the pairing she'd come to know as Ilecebra and Mawk and the words exchanged between the two. Neither seemed of good intentions and she longed to keep as far away as she could, though she knew that eventually, they would have to be more than side-eyeing strangers.
This is a limited consent character! Please keep this in mind when threading with her.
427 Posts
Ooc —
The wolves seemed ready, so Gwen began trotting closer to the scent and gestured with her tail for them to follow. It didn't take long to get there, and once they were close enough, Gwen dropped into a crouch. Her ears flicked forward in an attempt to hear the doe better - she was definitely close. The Empress then nodded her head as a signal for the three others to get into positions. Noor on the left, Mawk on the right, then Illecebra at the front. They couldn't begin until everyone was ready, so Gwen simply crept closer, close enough that she could see the doe, then she paused.

She tilted her head to the side to see if the others were moving, and then focused her attention back on the doe.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Mawk tilted his head once again at Noor. She really doesn't like me, does she? "Oh... It's nothing, don't worry 'bout it, Cebra. Let's focus on the hunt." He gave a comforting nudge to her side and began to follow after Gwen. She seemed to know what she was doing - or, more than the others did, anyway.

Once they arrived, Mawk waited to be told to go and then began to creep in a large circle to reach the doe's right side, as instructed. The wolfdog made sure not to make a noise, else the doe might have sprung off before any of the pack could take a bite out of it. When he was in place, he glanced back at the Empress to see when she would give the signal to begin. 

When they began, Mawk would run to the doe's side and block it in, while Noor did the same to the other side. They would nip occasionally and once Gwen had started chasing it, they would help while still being at the side so that Illecebra could block the front once they got to her. The wolves would surround the deer and finsish it off quick, right?
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Illecebra nodded absently to Mawk as her full attention was now on the hunt to come. She stretched her muscles out and than began to follow Gwen,Maw,and Noor as the alphess tracked the doe. When Gwen signalled to get into position Illecebra flicked her ears in acknowledgement so that her voice would not startle the doe off. She stalked along the outer edges, occassionally lifting her muzzle to the air to test the wind direction. So far so good She told herself and made her way to a place in the frontlines where she could keep hidden until it was time to block the way.

Crouching down she ket her eyes trained on Mawk and Noor, smiling to herself at how calm he looked, like he did this everyday. She steadied her breathing to quiet and deep inhales and exhales, her golden eyes staring as she waited for the chase to begin. Once the doe was close enough she would leap in front of it and snarl, jaws snapping as she would take slow predatory steps forward. If she could leap at it and wound it significantly then she would take the chance to do so.
47 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Noor took a few deep breaths as she mimicked the posture of her peers. Unsure of what to do next, she awaited Mawk's first move or a signal from one of the others. She bit at her lip, fear of messing up clouding her mind. Still, Noor tried her best to remain calm; how hard could it be?
427 Posts
Ooc —
Gwen remained where she was until everyone was in place. Noor and Mawk were at the sides, she was at the back, and Cebra was at the front. Nothing could go wrong now, right? After a few moments, the Empress began to stalk forward, eyes darting around to watch both the prey and the pack members. Once she was close enough, the pale woman nodded and snapped her jaws, causing the doe to shoot up her head in alarm. Soon enough she began to run away, toward the hidden Illecebra, and Gwen was quick to give chase. Hopefully Noor and Mawk were closing in now. 

She knew she was fast. It was one of her useful talents, one of which replaced fighting skills. Sure, she could still land a few blows, but she was not a great mecenary so was glad they had two that were training to be. She followed the doe, biting the ankles when she could, drawing a little blood. Little blood soon turned to more blood, and the doe began slowing down. Partly from Gwen's nips, and partly from various bites and scratches from perhaps Mawk and Noor. They were drawing close to the end now, where Illecebra should be waiting. This was it, the final moment. Hopefully Cebra would be able to shoot out of the undergrowth and sink her teeth into the prey's neck, though if not then the other three were backups.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Mawk waited until the signal was given before sneaking forward, closer to the prey. There he paused once again, and as soon as the chase began, the brute heaved himself up and sprung out, snapping his jaws. He was mimicking Gwen a little, mainly because he wasn't that well skilled in the art of hunting. Better to rely on those who knew it well. 

Hoping Noor was doing the same, the wolfdog continued to snap while blocking the doe as it was chased ahead. Cebra's close. It's almost time. Inwardly he was nervous. He'd never taken down any large prey before - or rather, not in a long time. Not without Sky. Truthfully he kinda missed her, though that was a given. Of course he would miss her, but they'd see each other soon. Hopefully she was okay. 

The swing of a hoof caught him off guard and it whacked his leg, making him wince. However, he continued through it and gulped. The pain could be ignored for now. Luckily it wasn't a blow to the chest. That would have hurt more. Besides, his leg was not broken. The doe had been in too much panick to aim a perfect hit so the leg was fine. Just sore.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She watched with a silent gasp as the doe began to run, all four of her new packmates giving chase and herding it to her. Her keen eyes picked up the kick from the doe and she fought back the snarl of anger that welled up in her throat, now completely ready to leap out and kill the stupid beast. Finally the moment drew near and she counted down for the perfect moment three...two...one and with an explosive snarl she leapt out.

The doe startled and reared up, kicking wildly with her hooves and cebra ducked underneath the dangerous things and popped up between them, her jaws parting and fastening on the throat of the doe. She squeezed and shook her head, growling loudly and savagely as instinct took over. The doe dragged her for a few feet, but Cebra hung on even as the doe placed a well aimed kick into her side which flaired with pain.

She panted fiercely and clamped her jaws shut with all her might, the blood now flowing freely into her mouth and down her face dripping onto the ground below. She would not let go until the prey was caught, this would be Ganador's first catch, their first feast together She was sure of it.