Silver Creek It's easy if you try
124 Posts
Ooc — n
Private 
@Spring - Medic thread? c:

Skylaris had returned from her rather odd - yet amusing - encounter with Birk, the humerous lone wolf. Unfortunately, while Skylaris had been out exploring the area, the blizzard had hit and she had sought shelter among the trees. And that was when she met Birk. He was an odd fellow, no doubt. Him and Sky had had a debate about whether it was better to be a snow-lump or an ice-block. I'll spare you the details. Though, now they had nicknames. Sky was Eye-Bee (Ice-block for short) and Birk was Ess-Lee (snow-lump for short).

The silver wolfess had managed to return to the territory, and she felt comfort almost as soon as she passed the borders. Instead of going to nap, though, she decided to look for Spring. She wanted to learn more about herbs and how to use them, and now seemed a fairly convenient time, so the woman let out a soft, melodic howl to call the alpha.
-Three legged wolf-
Caregiver/Medic 2/5
Naturalist/Astronomer 0/5
Sometimes You Just Have To Believe
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
The sound of Skylaris's howl caught her attention and the pregnant Alpha turned away from the border where she had been remarking, now setting out to find Sky.  It took her a few minutes, but eventually she came upon the paler colored wolf.

"Hey Sky," she greeted rather casually, "what's up?"  Then she sat waiting to hear what Skylaris needed.  She guessed it was probably a question or alert of some sort, but would just have to wait and see now until Sky did speak.
124 Posts
Ooc — n
Skylaris waited for a little bit and after not too long she saw the fairly familiar shape of the pregnant alpha approaching. The wolfess gave a smile and greeted her with a little nod of her head. 

"Hi Spring! I was wondering if you had the time to perhaps teach me something about herbs or medicine? If you don't have the time then it's fine, we can do it later."
-Three legged wolf-
Caregiver/Medic 2/5
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
At the thought of teaching someone of herbs again her tail began to wag.  It had been too long since she had last gotten to talk of her beloved herbs.  Finally now she would actually have someone to converse with.  She just hoped that this wolf wouldn't be another Lunar Eclispe or Esaro... though she doubted Skylaris was that type.

"I'd love to," she replied, her tail wagging, "but before I do, could you please tell me Sky just how much you know before I begin to teach you?  Just so I know where your at."
124 Posts
Ooc — n
"Sure thing," Skylaris smiled, relieved that Spring had agreed to teach her some more. "Well, I don't know that much, but I know a couple of different herbs and their uses." She hesitated before listing what she knew.

"Alder bark for toothache, Borage leaves for fevers and nursing mothers, Cherville for belly ache... and... that's pretty much it. Oh yes, and Cherville root for infections."
-Three legged wolf-
Caregiver/Medic 2/5
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
She knew the basics, which was nice.  Esaro and Lunar Eclispe her first trainees had started knowing pretty much nothing.  For a moment she racked her brain thinking of things she could teach Skylaris.  Eventually she decided to teach her about cobwebs, as even though it wasn't techniqually an herb it was quite useful, as she didn't believe that was something Skylaris had mentioned either.

"Well, first off I'll teach you how to use cobwebs.  I know cobwebs of course aren't an herb, but they are very important if you're looking into becoming a healer."  She began, "how you use cobwebs is if someone is bleeding you take a good scoop of cobwebs and put it on the spot to help stop the bleeding, while making sure to apply pressure."  For a moment she paused.  "Does that make sense?'