Blacktail Deer Plateau Romance and awkwardness.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Private 
@Olive time for a thread of cute fluffy romance? Or an attempt at it xD

Olive had allowed him to rest and someone had fixed his head wound, though his memory still escaped him. He sometimes felt a bit of strong deja vu though, and it caused him to recognize the pale woman for mere seconds before it escaped him again. In those fleeting moments he realized that he did indeed love her, even if he wasn't himself yet. Who couldn't love this woman? She was persistent and devoted, kind and spiritual, compassionate and endlessly forgiving. She was perfect yet he kept his distance, afraid to hurt her with his behavior that he knew must be strange to her.

They were now laying in abandoned deer bedding, the soft grass was thawed out and relatively dry due to the surprisingly warm weather of the day. He turned to her and offered a lopsided smile "have you... Felt anything yet? You know...In there?"  He asked and gently placed a paw on her belly.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
It was warm that day and Olive felt light and upbeat in the first time in a long time. There had been so much sadness in her recent existence, punctuated with brief periods of the most supreme happiness [those instances being, of course, her appointment as red herring, her eternal mateship to Dakarai and the conception of their children] that it felt nice for things to just be. Of course, it was all a façade; for inside her corporeality the fae withered and crumbled every single day that she awoke to a stranger.

However, today the sun was warm upon her satin, ashen pelt.  For the first time in a long time they exited the thick woodedness of their arboreal shelter and found a bed of soft grass to hunker down in. The ground held but the slightest bit of the winter storm and the pair experienced a divine sense of relaxation and looseness. Olive worked at keeping her troubles and woes in the backmost corner of her mind and appreciate this moment what it was.

Olive stretched upon the ground, surrendering to a well-deserved hibernation when Dakarai cajoled her awake with the slightest press of his paw into her virile belly. Had the dark knight not clarified through touch, Olive might have misunderstood his words as a matter of her heart. This was a she mused upon often lately. Had she felt anything yet, within her heart? Her mate [what was at the same time not her mate] stood before her, letting slip all that they had but trying so hard not to – oh yes, she felt a lot of things about this. Pain. Anger. Sadness. Despondence. Olive had pledged herself to him in life and death, body and soul, in sickness and in health. Never would she break that vow; especially not to the man once who risked everything to be with her. Yes, there was still love [her love for his was what kept her there, facing heartbreak day after day, day in and day out] there but there was no passion, no fire. 

“No…” the woman murmured as her eyelids split to reveal green eyes, sparkling like two finely-cut peridote adornments. She pushed herself up on her elbow and ran her tongue over the black toes that caressed her belly. The woman was not yet showing her pregnancy and her stomach maintained its natural slope towards her spine, the lithe muscles sculpted against her form yet soft to the touch: there was not much to see there. “They’re just little nothings in there right now,” but she knew they were not little nothings. In fact they were very big something, keeping her gut busy as work and Olive rode those waves of nausea and queasiness quite often. This had been an unanticipated part of pregnancy and though it displeased Olive to experience it so often, she believed she kept her morning sickness well hidden from Dakarai. He did not need to worry about anything but his own recovery. "But, soon i'll be big and fat and you won't let me follow you around anymore!" she grinned sheepishly at her attempt to poke fun at the situation, no matter how devastating it was.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
In a moment of complete clarity he looked at her warmly "i would be the one following you.." and then once more he disappeared and blinked in surprise at what he had said so honestly. He heaved a sigh and looked at her realizing it was Time for honesty "I've been having moments where everything seems so familiar and right, but then they slip away again. I know you more than before. You are peace, that I remember. You are my wife, this I know and can see in those moments. But then I can't remember again and it all seems strange." He seemed anguished, for he now truly wanted to remember.

Every time his mind cleared he felt a soul healing sense of peace, that he was exactly where he needed to be but then he was thrown back into turmoil. It hurt so badly to know that he had felt peace once only to have memories of life away from said peace.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
The words that fell from his beautiful mouth soothed her, as the things he said sounded so akin to the Dakarai she had known before. The goodwife knew he was still there, evinced by moments such as that. Olive had come to learn that Dakarai wasn’t completely different wolf than he was before. There were his defining features that remained ever present in his being: his confidence and intelligence and emotionality.  The framework of the wolf she loved was still there and she saw them in flashes of light, as enlightening to Olive as they were to Dakarai. 

“Oh, Adonis,” the fae said, not sure if it bothered him that she used a nickname; but not caring all the same.  “We never really made sense, anyway. We were too good.” she said this lazily, as if the facts were plain to see, and laid her head back down upon the grasses and rested her whole weight heavy upon the earth.  “Such extremes can only exist for so long before the universe eventually corrects itself.” The thought of this was somehow very comforting: to think that their entire futures were dominated by the stars. Perhaps this was a second chance, to try to love again in a more… homeostatic manner. 

“Mmm,” she purred, nuzzling her head against the the earth and enjoying its ethereal warmth — and she decided right then that she would not let any negative thoughts touch her today. Without lifting her head, she side eyed the atramentous brute. “The world is at peace today - celebrate with me. Would you fancy a game of hide and seek?” 

447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She had called him Adonis and his mind scrambled for the meaning of the nickname. He finally found it and chuckled deeply. Beauty and Desire were things he was familiar with but he couldn't say he was a god for the two things. He blinked at the idea of hide and seek but after a few hesitant moments he nodded "why not? It's a pleasant day for some fun" he nodded and stood up. 

Giving a quick survey of the surroundings he found a couple of places suitable for hiding. "Would you like to hide first?" He asked.

sorry for the short post! I'm on mobile.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Dakarai did not seem as enthused about her game of hide and seek; and in the back of Olive’s mind, she noted that old Dakarai wouldn’t have been so blasé about it. He would have been happy, bounding with excitement and anticipation over playing with his nymph. They games were the most fun, for there was always such a sense of trust and intrigue and sex. Dakarai would have humored her. Dakarai would have probably started the game himself. Dakarai would have luxuriated in her nearness.

Olive found it hard to swallow the resentment she felt over the things he was not. She had known about Dakarai’s past, as he had been relatively cavalier to her about these subjects, but she did not have to look at his past in the face. But now, she couldn’t look away from it — this Dakarai was loud and bright and staring at her and though Olive was sure she could love him, she was rebelling against that reality like a petulant child. 

Olive pulled herself from her languid spot upon the earth, stretching each limb in the process. Olive looked down her nose at him, as if the game was something that required a degree of  properness and decorum and he was not yet meeting her feigned standard. “I need you to count to thirty. No more, no less.” Olive stood proudly, the arbiter of the same Hide and Seek. “And no peeking,” she winked and danced away, taking several leaps low against the ground.

Once out of obvious earshot the misted woman dare life her head and search for a place to conceal her small form. The blighted forest [which had been acting as their extended stay hotel] had slowly defrosted, revealing a myriad of nooks and crannies for Olive blend into. The woman ultimately chose a large scrub bush, which was still dusted with snow. The underbrush was large enough and white enough to conceal her form, so Olive tucked her creamy coat away, hunkered down, slowed her breathing to a near halt and listened intently for Dakarai’s heavy footfalls.

447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Dakarai laughed softly at her stance of pride, not mocking her but finding it ..just funny. Not to offend her however he lay down and closed his eyes, covering them with large black paws. He counted out loud as he heard her pawsteps leave the area "One...two...three...four...five...six..." he counted slowly, each second makig his tail wag with excitement.

Once he hit thirty he stood up and sniffed the air, drawing in her scent as it carried on the breeze. He followed it to a point where the breeze stopped and then began snifing around. Straight ahead was where her scent lead, and then turned slightly. Nose to the ground he tripped over a large stick and tumbled, landing with his head near her rear end as she hid in the bush.

With wide eyes he cleared his throat and stood up quickly I...uh..Found you!" he stammered awkwardly and hoped she wouldn't be mad or offended. Would she want him to do something else other than be embarassed that his nose landed almost up her rear? They were mated...maybe she would want- no he couldn't think like that. He didn't love this woman yet, though he admitted that he did like her alot. If he had sex with her, it would be wrong, lik he was using her.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
The seconds ticked by and Olive sat behind the niveous brushwood, steeped in anticipation. She heard his numbers being called in the smooth, low alto of his; her ears couldn’t help but be tickled by the sound [even though he was rather distant from her, both emotionally and physically] and they fluttered back and forth against his music. There she sat, perched high on her haunches, the tip of her tail twitching like a worm upon the ground, hoping to conceal herself against their forested milieu and evade his detection.

She heard his footsteps approach; heard his every breath as the he snuffled along the mossy earth. So entranced was she with the sounds of Dakarai’s approach that his elephantine tumble did not register with her faculties until, right next to her rear. The pearly woman let out a shrill yip in her surprise, pulling her rump away from him and throwing her small body away from him. Yes, Dakarai had closer than that to her backside many times. But a stranger? No, no! Olive was a proper lady and Dakarai would be a proper man and they would have a proper romance — perhaps a romance that was not so fabled, magical and otherwordly as the one they had borne before; for Olive was somewhat convinced that their love had been just a wrinkle in time; a tear in the fabric of the universe that had let two souls collide when they never should have. This was the universe righting itself; course correcting.

Perhaps they would never reach that level again, but there was potential for a love that was soft, good and honest. If this was her goal, and if her children were thrive alongside their real father [rather than, what essentially was, a step father], the sylph would need to court him first. Romance Dakarai real good.

He seemed embarrassed and seeing the dark night in such a silly position was quite endearing.  Since learning he was her mate, Dakarai had not taken any certain… liberties that were allowed of him — and it was reassuring to know that her Dakarai had never not been a gentleman. Olive was quite excited by their commotion, so she stepped towards him, then darted away swiftly after gracing his cheek with a soft kiss. The shrouded seraph danced in a circle before dropping to the ground, covering her eyes with her angular paws and began to count, unceremoniously commencing Dakarai’s turn to hide.

“One, two, three…”

447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
When she kissed him Dakarai felt himself melt a bit, his tail wagging from side to side with slow pleasure, as his eyes followed her dance with a hint of amusement. She was so different from Oxsana, yet he could easily see himself loving her, protecting her, fathering thir children completely. She dropped to the ground and covered her eyes, and he stepped forward with a second of concern before she started counting. He chuckled softly and dashed away, eyes scanning the area for places to hide.

He spotted a nice sized hole in a hill and approached, sniffing at it cautiously. It was an abandoned deer den, with a faint scent of wolf. He nodded silently deciding this was his spot to hide and cralwed in, far enough so that only his eyes could be seen. He closed his eyes so that it would look like an empty hole, and kept his ears alert for Olive's pawsteps in the snow.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Dakarai is silent as he goes to hide and this sparks curiosity within Olive; she’s scene Dakarai working hard and she was always so struck with his talented he was. To Olive, Dakarai was the best hunter and the best lover — and though she didn’t approve of it, the fae was sure he was the best at fighting too. Now he snuck around so quietly that she had no idea where he was.

“…twenty eight, twenty nine, thirty.” She finished, verbalizing the last three numbers quite loudly for her small voice and quite distinctly. Olive moved her small paws away from her eyes and looked around. nothing. she sniffed the air. nothing. the ground gave her no clues either, and there was little snow to track his footprints in. So Olive slunk forward, careful not to make any noise so that she would surprise her husband should she come upon him.

After several minutes of looking and failing to find her lover, she called out to him in song.  “Come out, come out, wherever you are…” Olive chirped, strutting through the tangle of trees and preparing to suddenly change the game of hide and seek to a game of tag at a moment’s notice. Her pregnancy might have made her sick at times, but it did not slow down the spritely woman one bit — but so distracted was she that she didn’t even notice as she passed the shadowed deer den which concealed Dakarai.

447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
It seemed he had hidden to well, as Olive's voice rang out. He remained hidden while she passed by, only to creep out silently and pounce on her. He laughed softly and licked her cheek before letting her back up. He panted softly and looked at the den thoughtfully "It would make good shelter tonight" he suggested. Shrugging it of for a moment he looked at her with a hint of mischief "Would you like to race?"
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive continued to step carefully, silently, until she was suddenly and inelegantly pushed to the ground by a big, bounding flash of black fur. She shrieked at the surprise, having been fully immersed in the act of sniffling around and looking for him – but he found her first! The fae squealed at the impact, though his touch was light and soft and she tumbled to the ground quite gently. When her attacker relented and spoke of their home for the night, she sprung back up and let out a loud yip! from the excitement and thrill of it all, unable to think about sleep. There was a sudden surge of energy and Olive couldn’t keep still; any negative thought or emotion about their situation had been surrendered to a sense of childlike pleasure and liberty. And when the swarthy and serious Dakarai suggested they have a race, Olive had never heard more beautiful words. She would smoke him.

But first, Olive couldn’t help herself – Olive lunged towards Dakarai with gusto, only to yield at the very last moment to place a sweet kiss upon his lovely nose. Then he bounced backwards and away from him, her movement coming in spritely leaps from one place to another, in quick succession, at times completely airborne and others low to the ground. She cavorted and from her mouth poured forth a stream of giggles and high pitched noises that were nonsensical but the epitome of glee. Olive moved and cavorted freely, feeling physically [and spiritually] light as a feather. Then, there was a momentary pause where Olive maintained all four paws on the ground and stood completely still.... In that solitary moment, Olive looked at him and cocked and eyebrow – and then she was off, scampering between the trees, commencing their race without a single word or a wave of a checkered flag.

Olive felt good, and this was the first time she had felt this way in a long while. It felt as if the two star-crossed lovers had materialized once more upon the sloping valley of the Sunspire, where their soul collided and their children were conceived. She played without thinking about the horrors that occurred and the horrors that had yet to occur. Yes, in that moment, Olive felt good.

447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
His stalking had payed off and she was down for only a few seconds before she sprang back up and lunged forward. For a second his instincts said he was attacking and his ears went back, only to shoot forward when the warmth of her tongue pressed against his nose. Grinning like a fool he watched as she leapt around, graceful movements bringing her off the ground as she showed her excitement. Her laughter made him happy, filled him with warmth and it was then that he decided to make her laugh more often.

Even in these times they should be able to feel happiness, to feel joy and the bubbly warmth of laughter. He watched her with intent eyes until she fell still, her eyebrow lifting as their gazes met and took off into the trees. His suggestion was accepted and he ran after her, at first keeping his stride short and fast until he was at her heels and then lenghtening his stride to pull ahead. Burly and muscular he was, but he had some speed in him yet. He gave out a sharp yip of laughter as he turned his head to look at her over his shoulder before turning his eyes forward once more and running like hell.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
small pp - let me know if that doesn't work

Dakarai overtook her quickly; for even though she was spritely and fast, she was just a little thing and her thin legs were no match for his strong, bounding gait. He yipped at her and she yipped back, launching off of featherlight legs onto the ground in front of her and then again and again, not able to pull in front of him and and at the same time, not really wanting to. In fact she slowed her movements so that she was right behind him and she nipped annoying at his heels, clipping the back of his thighs gently with her teeth. The dove laughed as she did so, sure that these small offenses were entirely vexing her dear husband. Then she immediately stopped running and skidded to a halt, waiting for him to notice that she was not in his pursuit anymore. Then she dropped into a playful bow and kneaded the earth with her paws, forearms and chin. Her rump raised into the air and wiggled with a youthful playfulness, signaling that the fae was determined to make their race end in a wrestling match. Lifting her lip and releasing a devilish growl, she beckoned him closer.

447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Teeth were at his heels and he sprung into the air, his youthful leaps followed by energetic yips of delight before he ran forward for a few more feet before realizing she was not following. Whirling around he stood stiff legged his tail up in the air as he pawed at the ground with his forepaws, grumbling playfully before leaping forward and stoping in fron of her and lowering his muzzle to place a quick and joyful kiss upon her brow.

With that he pawed at her face gently so as not to hurt her, his ear end wiggling as he rolled over onto the ground all four legs waggling in the air like an overturned turtle.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
There was a gentle swipe at her face and Olive prepared herself for attack. All of the muscles in her sinewy legs tensed as a safegard, incase she needed to put herself on the offense against her dark and fearsome mate. She barked once at him, a sharp sound, a glittering augury to her impending blitzkerig. But, she never did! In the same place her had cuffed her, he now placed a sweet-tempered kiss. Immediately, her whimsical defense dissolves in the face of Dakarai’s tenderness — she barked once more for good measure but then melted into a fit of giggles — and could not stop laughing once he flipped himself and wriggled about in a manner never before seen by the silver seraph. Olive was rendered into nothing more than a pile, heaving with the huge breathes needed to fuel her laughing. It was so strange to see him like that! Not only did his challenge her sometime contemplative and somber demeanor, but he looked really weird. 

Perhaps she could love this new Dakarai yet!

Olive couldn’t help herself; the endorphins in her brain forced her forward and she half-pounced upon him, clawing and kneading his ribcage with her skinny arms. Her hind paws remained on the ground and she pushed her toes into the earth, urging her slight body forward, draping her body almost entirely over him and she reached her head out eagerly, licking his neck, the underside of his chin [and the vulnerable pulse spot where those spots linked] like she was a mad woman. Mad with love, maybe —  no matter what and despite everything, Olive would never not love Dakarai. Loved him for everything he was, everything he could be. And when she saw glimpses of her Dakarai, well, she just couldn’t help herself.

447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Her laughter was so beautiful that he simply stared, waggling his legs with ner fervor as his tongue lolled out of the side of his mouth. This was much better than sitting around and watching her suffer because of him, and he intended on keeping her like this. He tensed up legs stiffening outstretched as she lunged forward, causing him to look even weirder until he felt her weight drape across his body. The warmth of her fur caused him to relax and as she placed a kiss against his pule, he lowered his chin so that it fell across her head.

With a sigh of exhaustion and happiness he placed his forelegs across her shoulder and held her close "I know it now. Fate had a different idea for me, and that idea was you. No matter what happens I will do whatever it takes to care for you,love you, and cherish you. My memory isn't needed for that" he confessed in a warm whisper.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Hope you don’t mind if I close up shop here — seemed like a good place to do so :)

He reciprocated her caresses and Olive melted at his touch, as it felt so natural and so normal! It was like the past week or so had simply not happened — that she had not lost her husband and the entire life she had known, all in one blow. Olive laughed and Dakarai laughed and they kissed until finely they could be no closer to one another; and even then, the dark night managed to pull her even tighter and pledge his love to her. It felt good, very good, and for the first time in a long time Olive felt an emotion quite foreign: hope.

“and I will do the same, my love. We shan’t take the world as it is given to us, but make it our own. We will love when it seems wrong, and break the rules when it seems right. We will never lose our spirit.” Olive spoke strongly, certainly, and siddled up against Dakarai to preen his lovely fur and continue planting kisses in his garden.