Silver Creek Some things just have to end
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
All Welcome 
@Illecebra, assuming she is next to him, and @Skylaris as she was with them when they were on their way over here!

Mawk was incredibly nervous as he called for @Spring. It was time, he knew that. Though, some part of him wished it didn't have to end. He loved it at Silver Creek and it was sad to leave, but he knew it was for the best. He was going to join his new pack that had already arrived at their new territory. Sure, it wasn't yet official, but only because they were still scouting the area. He liked the band; Gwen and Knew were great leaders so far, despite Knew's current ill-state. Gwen seemed instructive but kind and understanding. Knew loved a good laugh and had nicknames for everyone. Him and Illecebra didn't yet have one, but the Emperor's name for Gwen was Pige, or Pigeon, and his name for Noor was Snow.

The wolfdog gave a wary glance to his side, where Illecebra stood. It was comforting to have her by his side, and it was also comforting to have Skylaris on his other side. He was being flanked by the two she-wolves, both of whom he cared for. With Cebra, it was a love that he couldn't explain; for Skylaris, it was a 'best-friend' kind of love. He gave a shake of his pelt to attempt to perhaps shake the nerves off him, but it didn't really help.
124 Posts
Ooc — n
Skylaris shot a glance at Mawk, sending him a brief smile. "You'll be fine," she whispered, hoping to bring him some sort of comfort during this time. He was understandably afraid. One way or another, he would be leaving this pack a lone wolf. The alphas couldn't deny him the opportunity to leave, but that didn't mean they were going to be kind about it. Though, Skylaris would help reason with them if they went balistic. But, knowing Spring, it would not come to that. Sure, she'd probably be disapointed, but she was understanding and it was doubtful that she would attack. Especially in her current pregnant state. Silver Creek were losing a valuable member, but they would get more, she was sure of it. Besides, Skylaris didn't plan to ever leave.
-Three legged wolf-
Caregiver/Medic 2/5
Naturalist/Astronomer 0/5
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
And there they were, inside the territory. She stood tall at Mawks side but kept her stance at a neutral if not respectful state. Skylaris was by their side and she still worried over whether the pack would be instructed to attack her if not mawk too. She stiffened as he let out the call for his alpha and gazed deep into the unfamiliar territory her ears flicking to acknowledge Sky's attempt to comfort Mawk.

"I don't believe she'll attack you, but it is possible for me. I am an unknown trespasser." She stated though she was merely praying that it was true.
239 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
A call went up for Spring, and Heston's ears flicked at the sound. He instantly adjusted his path to take him to the call. He wasn't sure what was up, but as Spring's pregnancy progressed further she grew slower. It would take her time to arrive to this call. More than that, as her belly grew Heston grew more and more anxious. He would rather meet her there, or get there before her to be sure everything was safe.

Heston arrived to find three wolves standing near shoulder to shoulder. His brow went up, confused at the stance. He could only assume they stood so close as support, but he wasn't sure for what. He stopped further away than he normally would, lifting his head and his tail in dominance. He recognized the male, Mawk, as having been there when Spring had been attacked. One female smelled of Silver Creek, and the other did not. At first glance one would assume that they were asking for the second woman to join, but something in their stance and in the anxiety that seemed to hover over the male told Heston that was not the case.

His brow furrowed as he looked at them, studying them a moment. "Mawk, I remember you from Spring's attack. I don't believe I've met either of you two ladies, however. My name is Heston, I'm Spring's mate. I'd say it's nice to meet you, but I can't say I care for the tension in the air here." He smiled stiffly at the end. His words were not unkind, but truthful, an attempt at humor to dissolve the tension. He didn't know why they were anxious, and that made him anxious. Should Spring arrive soon he would make an effort to keep her from going any closer than he was. In fact, he'd prefer if she would stand behind him. He didn't think Mawk was the kind to attack, but he didn't know the male well either. He keep himself in dominant rank and his eyes watched each of the three carefully. Should any make a move he would be ready.
Sometimes You Just Have To Believe
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
It took her a little bit to arrive.  As her due date grew closer she found herself going slower and slower.  Although she couldn't wait to meet her children, she was kinda annoyed by how she wasn't in the best physical shape to defend her territory... so thank goodness she'd ben attacked at some of the very first days of her pregnancy, because if it had been later than that... well that wouldn't have been so great.  That would've downright sucked.

Upon arriving at the scene she walked up to Heston and met him at his side, her eyes flickering then to Mawk, Skylaris and someone else whom she did not know.  "Hello Mawk, Skylaris," she began giving both a small smile.  "Who is your friend?"  She asked, nodding to the unknown stranger, before her curious gaze slid back to her two subordinates.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Mawk was about to utter a reply to both Skylaris and Illecebra, but before he could the somewhat familiar figure of Heston approached. "Heston," he greeted, nodding his head in respect whilst keeping his stance submissive. "Spring," he greeted once again as he saw the alpha female approach. Heston seemed to be attempting to remove the tension in the air but it did not calm Mawk one bit. He took a deep breath, glancing at Skylaris and Cebra before shaking his pelt and sighing.

"I....I have come to tell ya that... I.... Well, I...." He was stuttering, he knew that. It was not that he was scared - he was just... sad. He did feel like a part of him would be left in this pack, and perhaps that part would stay with Skylaris. She was a good, loyal wolf. The wolfdog was certain that she would remain here as a true member of Silver Creek.
124 Posts
Ooc — n
Skylaris nodded her head to both the alphas, then glanced at Mawk. He seemed to be having a hard time admitting the reason for his summon. "Mawk found a new pack that he wishes to join. He plans to leave Silver Creek and be with Ill-see-bruh," She said with a sigh, gesturing to the woman beside him. "He wanted to bid you farewell since it doesn't seem right to leave without a goodbye."

There. Pretty well said, in Skylaris' opinion. She could understand her friends hesitation, but it was easier to say things quicker and straight to the point. Dawdling around never got anyone anywhere.
-Three legged wolf-
Caregiver/Medic 2/5
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Illecebra dipped her head and crouched ever so slightly before the two alphas, and waited for Mawk or Sky to explain. Mawk attempted to explain but he stuttered, causing Cebra to wonder if he truly wanted to leave this pack. she flattened her ears and felt doubt taunting her, what if Mawk wasn't truly ready to be with her? She coughed as Skylaris explained the situation in the bluntest way possible making Illecebra sound like she was stealing him away, which technically she was but you couldn't help your feelings right?

She stood awkwardly before the two alphas and decided she needed to speak up too "We met by chance when i was on my heat and Mawk was different than other men, he made me feel safe. We ended up meeting again a few more times, and he and i have grown close. I mean no harm to ither of you or your pack, and i feel rather bad. You can't help who you love can you?" she said nervously. This meeting was so uncomfortable and the tension was growing something fierce. She couldn't help the rise of her hackles as she expected them to ttack her, though instead of growling she forced herself to hunker down further to the ground. She was acting nothing like herself, but was forcing herself to look weak in front of the couple so that she may keep Mawk.
239 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
Spring joined him, and he reached to greet her, touching her neck gently with his muzzle. She stepped to his side and he took a step forward, placing himself slightly in front of her. He glanced to her only once, a flash of emotion in his eyes telling her that he wanted to protect her and her wonderful cargo. The male he recognized greet them both, and then attempted to explain what was going on. Heston raised a brow first, then furrowed them as the male continued to stutter. He glanced to the other females, inhaling their scents. He suddenly wondered if Mawk had gotten one of them pregnant, and was here to tell them. The idea angered Heston, and worried him.

To not as for permission was disrespectful, but now the pack would have more children fighting for resources, children directly against his own. He waited though, before he said anything, willing to give the male a chance to explain before he jumped to conclusions.

Suddenly the female that smelled of Silver Creek spoke up, and his orange optics swiveled to focus on her. She quickly trounced any assumptions he might have been working on, and he was impressed and amused by her brevity and honesty. The last one before them gave a cough of surprise at the explanation and he glanced to her, gauging her reaction to all that had been said. It was not much later that she added her own voice, apparently attempting to smooth the situation over. He noted how frightened she was, and though that she likely expected retaliation.

In truth, he wasn't exactly happy about the loss of a member. With children coming and Winter still ongoing, they needed all the bodies they could get. He couldn't be sure if the recent cold would improve or remain for longer, and he didn't like the idea that he was losing a member. He much prefered it to gaining a pregnant female without permission, however. And, of course, the woman with the complicated name was right. You can't help who you love. "Well, I'm certainly not happy about losing Mawk." He began, glancing amongst the three. 

"The weather is harsh, we need all the manpower we can get." He frowned, but continued. "However, I appreciate the gesture of coming to tell us that you're leaving. Many wolves would simply leave. It shows great respect, to do this, and courage. Which is another reason I wish we could keep you. What makes you wish to leave, rather than her come here?" He asked, his interest polite but present all the same. "And are you leaving too?" This he addressed to the one Spring had called Skylaris. 

He couldn't and wouldn't speak for his mate, she would have her own opinions. While he was begrudingly accepting of their choice, if not wishing perhaps they'd simply stay together here, he didn't know Spring's feelings. He thought that she would feel much the same, but he left it to her.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
She stayed silent, surprised by Mawk's betrayal.  She didn't know what to do, so she decided to let Heston do all the talking for now.  It hurt her that Mawk would leave so soon, but when that stranger talked about love it wasn't like she could disagree, because she new what she was talking about.

Her gaze then flickered to Skylaris at Hetson's question.  She hoped dearly that Sky would stay, for she didn't know what she'd do if both Mawk and Sky left... there numbers would go down low... it wouldn't be good.  So she waited, hoping that Skylaris would just stay.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
The bluntness of Skylaris' explanation made him flinch but he was glad anyway. Better to just get it out rather than drag it on. "Apologies - I did honestly plan ta stay at Silver Creek. But... well, I think... I think I'd like pups sometime in the near future." The man gave a small glance to Illecebra before continuing. "I don't want to fill the pack with my pups since ya and Spring are expecting them and ya're the alphas, after all." He was glad that neither leaders seemed angry, though he did notice Spring's silence. It made him feel slightly awkward, but he gave a respectful nod of his head.

"I didn't think it was right ta leave without a goodbye, since ya gave me shelter and a family during ma stay." The brute smiled, and then shook his head. "Na, Skylaris doesn't wish ta leave with us." He gave his friend a brief grin, and flickered his gaze back to Heston and Spring. "I wish ya both good luck with ya pups, I'm sure they'll be healthy an' strong with parents like ya."
124 Posts
Ooc — n
Skylaris watched the conversation progress, and was glad her little speech had helped bring it all out. She was slightly surprised when Heston asked if she was to leave with them, but she shook her head. "No, I plan to stay at Silver Creek for as long as I am able to. If that is to be my whole life, then I will be glad to serve you and Spring."

It was true - she had no plans to leave any time soon. She didn't want to. There was no need for her to up and leave when she had only just joined. Besides, she wished for Spring to teach her more about herbs and medicine.
-Three legged wolf-
Caregiver/Medic 2/5
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Illecebra's ears shot up as Mawk mentioned pups, and she gave him a wide eyed look feeling a foolish grin stretch her maw as she wagged her tail slowly. He wanted a family with her? She didn't know what to say but she did know that once they were in private she wanted to jump his bones, even if pups wouldn't result from it quite yet. Clearing her throat and struggling to straighten her face, she looked toward Skylaris and waited for her to respond even though she knew the answer already.

Once they cleared that up she looked toward the female named Spring, and spoke softly "I wish to offer my services...We aren't in the area but If there's anything i can do for you all in the future, please send someone for me. I hate to put anyone through this situation, and i wish you the best of luck and prosperity" she offered genuinely.
239 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
Laying the foreshadowing on a bit thick haha

Disgruntled as he may be, he couldn't deny the male's reasoning. With their own litter on the way, he knew they would protect breeding rights to ensure the saftey and wellbeing of their own young. He couldn't and wouldn't stand and promise the man that if he stayed he'd get pups whenever he wanted. He couldn't argue with their logic, though admittedly he found it a selfish thing. After only a second though, he also realized that he too would not have hesitated to leave a pack for Spring. To pursue her love, and a future with her he would do the same thing. He didn't know if that justified it, or made him selfish too.

He glanced to Spring, noting her silence. Gently, he moved his tail to brush against her hind leg, a small reassurance for what he understood as her pain. It was strange to realize how well he could read her, the silence speaking volumes as to her inner feelings. She was hurt, perhaps even angry but she did not wish to speak out against Mawk and his love. He was reassured when Skylaris stated that she intended to stay, and it made the pill easier to swallow. Losing one was better than losing two. He hadn't yet had a chance to speak as they all filled the silence. First Mawk, then Skylaris affirming her position her. Finally, the female with the strange name spoke, her gaze on Spring.

He appreciated the offer, but would answer for his mate. He could provide, it was true, but losing a wolf would not help his struggles. He was not too prideful to accept help from another, and so would leave it to Spring to decide.

"I can't argue with your reasons." Heston said simply, shaking his head. "I can't promise that staying here would allow you the chance to have pups, not for a while anyway, because of our own. Personally, I'd rather this than you joining and breeding without permission." He glanced to Spring, to reassure her that things could be worse. At least they didn't have to deal with that betrayal. "I'm glad to hear you aren't going away too, Skylaris. We'll need your help and your loyalty in the days to come. It's good to know that we can trust you to be there for us." He wanted to show his gratitude. She easily could leave to accompany her friends.

And then he looked from Illecebra to Spring, clearly indicating it was her decision.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Skylaris was staying.  That was a relief.  While it would be a great loss to lose Mawk, she wasn't looking for another breeding pair right now with her own pups on the way.  Skylaris though she trusted and was happy to here that she'd be staying.  Afterall they still needed to have some lessons on herbs together.  So while she really didn't want to let go of Mawk, she would.

She gave a small nod of acknowledgment to Illecebra.  While her offer was kind, she didn't really have any use for what she offered right now, although in the future... perhaps.  "Thank you, I'll keep that in mind."  Her gaze then rested on Skylaris.  "Well, I am very glad to hear that," she told her subordinate gratefully.  Finally her gaze fell to Mawk.  "While I am very dissapointed to see you leaving so soon, I suppose I can understand that true love is something that is once in a lifetime.  So if you wish to leave, leave now."  She told him, her gaze and demeanor was stern, but her words were almost friendly.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Begin to fade once Sky and Cebra have posted again?
Mawk was glad the two alphas seemed to understand, though it was clear they were slightly disgruntled about it. When Spring told him to go, he nodded and turned to Skylaris. "See ya, Sky." He gave his friend a smile. The wolfdog knew he'd see her again, perhaps soon, but for now the brute said his farewells and gestured with his head while looking at Cebra. "C'mon, we should get going."

And with that, he gave one last nod to the leaders and began to pad away, leaning his head over his shoulder to check if Illecebra was following.
124 Posts
Ooc — n
Skylaris glanced in between the wolves as they spoke, and she nodded to the alphas when they seemed to be glad with her choice. She cast her gaze at Mawk, and returned the smile. "Bye, Mawk." She gave a little chuckle and watched him leave. Guaranteed, they would speak again. 

Sorry for short post!
-Three legged wolf-
Caregiver/Medic 2/5
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Once her offer was given and noted, Illecebra was ansty. She wanted to get going, the air was less tense than before but it was still very awkward and ...uncomfortable for her. Illecebra nodded to the two Alphas in silence before giving a soft smile to Skylaris and mouthing a silent "thank you".

When Mawk called her away she turned to go, walking toward him and nudging him along as well. It wouldn't help them to linger, even though she understood Mawk's relutance. Silver Creek would have been a nice home, but fate led them elsewhere. "I love you.." she murmured under her breath, unsure if he would hear it or not and secretely hoping he would.
239 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
Heston nodded in agreement with his mate. He had nothing further to add. He returned Mawk's nod, watching as the male and female turned to leave the borders. Skylaris bid them farewell and Heston nudged Spring gently, gesturing back into the packlands. They would survive, their children would flourish.