Silver Creek First Sight
the sun also rises
Health - 90% (90/100)
155 Posts
Ooc — mix
All Welcome 
Someone come talk to her!
The creek was certainly a sight to behold - Sunspot had never travelled overmuch during her youth, and now, even though she was a grown woman, she couldn't help but explore her new surroundings with coltish wonder. Even if she had been a well-travelled woman, she thought that the sight of the frozen creek would still have been splendid. Every surface seemed to sparkle, and the river itself was a tangle of deadly-slick ice. Even the plants were covered in hoarfrost.

Sunspot stood and stared for a long moment, appreciating the natural beauty of the territory. Though she was still intent on tracking down her littermates, she hoped she could come back and visit the creek someday as well.
124 Posts
Ooc — n
Meep, I'll throw a Sky at you!

Skylaris had been accepted into Silver Creek. And now, she could talk to Mawk whenever he wasn't busy. Though, right now, he was busy and the silver girl didn't want to disturb him. To anyone else, it would seem that Skylaris and Mawk were in a relationship (they were that close) but they weren't. There was nothing going on between them, and there never would be. No, Sky had a clear preference for other women, and Mawk was apparently falling in love with a lone wolf named Illecebra, or so she'd been told. And she was happy for him; the way that he described her made her seem like a very nice wolf and Skylaris was trusting her not to hurt the strange wolfdog.

It was these thoughts that were crossing her mind as she explored the territory. They were broken, however, when she saw a white wolf staring out into Silver Creek's marvellous home. "Hey!" she called, stepping over so she was beside the wolf. She didn't yet carry the full scent of the SC wolves, so Sky guessed she was a new wolf like her. "I'm Skylaris, but you can call me Sky." she announced, looking across to see what exactly the girl was looking at.
-Three legged wolf-
Caregiver/Medic 2/5
Naturalist/Astronomer 0/5
the sun also rises
Health - 90% (90/100)
155 Posts
Ooc — mix
It was not long before she was joined by another wolf - Sunspot turned her head to watch her gamely as she approached. The introduction was short and simple, and Sunspot offered her own in kind: "Sunspot - Sunny for short, do it please ya."

She measured the other woman for a moment longer before turning her firefly eyes back toward the frozen creek. "Beautiful weather we're having," she said with a contented sigh. "Dangerous, to be sure, but beautiful all the same."
124 Posts
Ooc — n
"Pleasure to meet you, Sunny." Skylaris was one of those wolves that prefered to call others by their nicknames - for simplicity's sake. The wolfess turned her attention to the view ahead of them and grimaced. It was beautiful, yes, but strong and dangerous. 

"I wonder when it will end," She murmered, before having a thought pop into her head. "If there's any prey around here, the tracks will be covered." Truly, Skylaris loved winter, but blizzards weren't the most pleasant of things.
-Three legged wolf-
Caregiver/Medic 2/5
the sun also rises
Health - 90% (90/100)
155 Posts
Ooc — mix
"The pleasure is mine," she insisted, shuffling a bit closer to her new comrade. She smelled of the Creek wolves, certainly, but Sunny perceived that she had not been here very long. "You must be a joiner, like myself," she decided, feeling a new kinship with the dove.

When she expressed her worry over prey, the foreigner was quick to try and soothe her. "Not to worry, Sky. I come from a long line of trackers. My father could track a horse fly through a snowstorm - I'm sure we can find prey, between the two of us!" she chirped, looking around as if a deer would pop out of the snow. "Are you hungry?"
124 Posts
Ooc — n
Skylaris nodded, giving a small wag of her tail. "Yes, I'm new. I joined because my friend Mawk was here, but he found a lover and is leaving," she barked, then shrugged her shoulders. "Not that I'm surprised, really. Illecebra is beautiful wolfess." It was true, Skylaris admired her beauty, but she had not said anything about to the woman. That might come across as weird.

The silver woman then gave a small chuckle. "Oh, I'm always hungry. You wanna hunt, then?" Skylaris wasn't the best hunter, but it was worth a try and it would be fun, wouldn't it? Perhaps she could become friends with Sunny - that would be nice.
-Three legged wolf-
Caregiver/Medic 2/5
the sun also rises
Health - 90% (90/100)
155 Posts
Ooc — mix
"I met Mawk!" she declared, perking up a bit at being able to put a face to the name of Sky's friend. "He met me at the borders when I join. Nice enough fellow."

She was delighted when the dove-toned she was receptive toward the idea of a hunt. Sunspot, too, was usually hungry. At least, she had been since leaving her homelands. The life of a lone wolf was a tough one, she was discovering. It bouyed her to be part of a pack once more, but she'd only been here a short while, and the only meals she'd had were small ones that she'd been able to catch on her own. "Let's see if we can find something a bit more substantial," she said brightly, setting off toward the forest that stood beside Silver Creek. Her nose twitched endlessly as she walked, and so intent was she on the hunt, she did not really comprehend whether her new companion was following or not.
124 Posts
Ooc — n
"You did?" Skylaris smiled, picturing the huge dog. "He's a strange guy. But a big softie." She chuckled, rolling her eyes. 

The though of a hunt almost made her stomach rumble. A hunt would be nice, especially when it would not be one on her own. "Yes, that would be great!" she barked, padding just behind the lighter wolfess. Skylaris was definitely not the best hunter, but she'd try her best if it meant the two wolves would have a decent meal.
-Three legged wolf-
Caregiver/Medic 2/5
the sun also rises
Health - 90% (90/100)
155 Posts
Ooc — mix
Sunspot whisked her tail, glad to have found a hunting partner, and began to lead the way - away from the creek. In its frozen state, it was neither safe to hang around nor an attractive haunt for the prey they were seeking. Their best bet would be the pack's hunting ground, but Sunspot did not feel like travelling all that way.

So she headed into the nearest woods, thinking that a few fat rabbits might hit the spot even if they didn't find the large game they were looking for her.

Soon enough, though, Sunspot's nose detected a hint of ungulate wafting toward them on the wind. She stopped in her tracks, lips curling to reveal spotted black-and-pink gums as she lifted her nose to the sky.

"Smell that?" she asked Skylaris, keeping her voice soft and low so that they wouldn't scare off the deer, should it be nearby.
124 Posts
Ooc — n
Skylaris followed her companion, curious as to if the two would find anything.

It seemed they were in luck, as Sunspot had picked up the scent of deer, and when she asked Sky, she lifted her nose and took in a waft of the surroundings. Sure enough, there was the scent. The dove-pelted woman nodded at Sunny, motioning her head in the direction of the ungulate. This was the perfect oportunity to hunt.
-Three legged wolf-
Caregiver/Medic 2/5
the sun also rises
Health - 90% (90/100)
155 Posts
Ooc — mix
The two advanced toward their meal - or at least, the scent and promise of a meal - and soon enough, their efforts were rewarded with the sight of a yearling doe, made thin by the weather but with more than enough meat for the two of them. Sunspot shot a glance toward her companion, tail twitching in excitement, before looking back toward their prey.

Slinking low, the shewolf blended in with the dirty snow as she advanced toward the blissfully unaware doe. Hopefully, Skylaris would do the same, and they could pounce together and bring it down.
124 Posts
Ooc — n
Skylaris felt a surge of hunger coarse through her at the very sight of the doe. It was incredibly tempting, but she knew she would have to be patient to catch such a feast. The dove crouched low, nodding at Sunspot before sneaking to the opposite side. Then they could spring from both sides.

She then hesitated, waiting for Sunny's 'go'.
-Three legged wolf-
Caregiver/Medic 2/5