Lake Rodney Baby please don't do what I did
Rebel Princess
39 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Private 
@Pyro

Aoife didn't mind travelling for long days - especially not in a place like this. While the land surely wasn't in its prime time, it was beautiful; every place as unique as the dots fancying the rebel's back. She went from the coast, around the mountains and passing several packs to end up near a lake. She crossed a shallower part of it to get to the other side so she could bask in the glory of the water body on the beach-like sand. There, she settled for a moment, paws crossed and head attentively swivelling from side to side.

She had no idea that behind her lay a pack - one that held a peculiar, little Rochester babe with a fair mother and a grumpy father. The wind was pointed so that only her scent could reach them, and not the other way around. Rather risky for a pretty loner, but Aoife never quite fancied staying safe.

Let's have some fun, this beat is sick

**Adopt a Lyall sibling!**
Life has a beautiful, crazy design
143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
[table width=80%][tr][td]

Despite the change in basically everything in the Rochester lot's life, there was something refreshing about the change of scenery. It was freezing all over the place of course, but there was a beauty in these expanses that Pyro had never seen within the Isle of Arthendal, and Pyro loved to explore it every second he was allowed to wander off on his own.

The young Rochester had also found a new love for wandering too, and the lack of barriers that were the rivers back in Arthendal made it for the perfect chance for Pyro to broaden his limited horizons. His paws took him curiously all over the place, around and over the borders, and sometimes he didn't even know how far he'd gone until he was called back home or the dusk alerted him.

But there came one day in which Pyro broke his own record. That beautiful winter morning had kicked him awake with a desire to see what laid beyond the pastures that surrounded the fen, but despite knowing that he was pushing it, Pyro went a little bit further, lured by the sight of blue. His poor sense of smell failed to pick up the scent of the siren sitting just a few yards away from him, disguosed as a log or some sort of rock, and Pyro obliviously neared the lake to drink some ice cold water, exposing himself to the dangers of the wild while too far from home for his pack to hear the SOS screams should he have the bad fortune of finding one of the bad guys.

[/td][/tr][/table]
Rebel Princess
39 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
For not a moment did she linger on her past, having abandoned almost all her memories in the dust. They brought great weight and pain, and Aoife did not wish to deal with that. She knew it to be destructive - to be bad for her, but even those worries were tucked away by the ignorance she held deep within. She just wished to have some fun for a change - not like with the young rebel group; real fun, all by herself. Unluckily for her, Aoife was not that good at making friends with her careless attitude and her jokes that always came out wrong. At least boys like me. Bless my good genes, I guess.

In the corner of her eye, she saw a chocolate brown figure creeping closer to the water - and he immediately got her attention. Since he was closer to the lake, the wind tried its best to bring his scent to her and Aoife got a good whiff of it before deciding to stand up. She wondered what a young fella as him was doing here all alone without his pack that he obviously had. Did he not know it was dangerous to wander alone? A playful smirk appeared on her pretty face as she crept closer.

Young man, what are you doing? She giggled sweetly once she was close enough for her own liking.

143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Instant regret would be a good way to describe what Pyro felt the second he heard her voice. Not that she sounded dangerous, but she had startled him, and he jumped back, falling into the water as he tumbled backwards and tripped on a rock. Perhaps that wasn't exactly what she'd been expecting, but Pyro wasn't exactly expecting to find anyone at all. However, her smile and kind appearance -not to mention that she was cute AF- helped the kid feel less attacked, and he was able to calm down and get up, feeling like a complete retard after splashing cold water all over the girl. In fact, it was freezing, and Pyro was soon shivering as he tried to get out of the water.

"Sorry I wasn't paying attention," he said awkwardly before shaking himself dry. It made him a bit warmer, but the overall cold of winter wasn't being much of a helping hand. "Did I... D.. Did I trespass or something?" he stuttered, work of the mixture of cold and shame he was experiencing, and he promptly made himself smaller in an attempt to look less intrusive which wasn't a hard thing for him to do at all.
Rebel Princess
39 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
In an explosion of limbs and fur did the boy try and flee her presence, tripping and falling in the process. She felt bad for him and had not exactly planned this to happen. Not to mention that it was freezing cold - what if she were to be held responsible for making him sick or something? Then again, in the splash he had gotten her pretty wet too. Luckily it was only her chest and fore limbs and not the thicker fur on her back. With some spastic movements of her paws and legs did she try and shake off the water as the boy excused himself. She chuckled.

Heh, it's okay; kinda my fault for creepin. She said. Perhaps if she had known him better she would've offered to keep him warm - but this was a stranger and the offer might seem suggestive or something. His stuttering question got yet another laugh out of the young run-away princess. Naaah - I come from nowhere and...- She pointed at the white world around them. -I think I'm nowhere right now. She joked.

143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
It was easy to warm up to the female's tranquility, and although Pyro's nerves were surely on edge he did not feel threatened at all by the frozen lake's sylph. She was chill, she didn't mean any kind of danger, and she was just about as lost as the boy himself. Nos astray, not abandoned, but adrift in a world full of amazing things to see.

His shaking had seen a considerable improvement, and no more did he fear being intrusive. But Pyro couldn't yet match the female's calmness. "Are you... Going nowhere too?" wanted to ask the dark child, wondering where the future of a nowherelander might be.
Rebel Princess
39 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Although only slightly, the young'un had calmed down and she was glad he wasn't as paranoid as she had first taken him. While he wasn't really a kid anymore, he was still at an age where he could run home and tell mommy all about a young lady just chilling near the lake. As simply a troublemaker, Aoife didn't like those kinds of wolves. Everyone was so offended by everything and it drove her up the fricking wall. She decided to sit down, the dampness of her fur both cold and soothing.

Dunno. She answered with a grin and shrugged. I guess you could say that I'm going everywhere. She nodded, looking around a bit. She now held the freedom of a healthy, mentally stable loner so she could basically go anywhere she wanted to go.

143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
She was chill, chiller than the very snow that was freezing Pyro in that moment. But for as chill as she might have been it was impossible for Pyro to match her chillness. He was nervous, he was always nervous, and this once he was overly so at the presence of his very first stranger ever without his mother's supervision. He was practically an old guy.

"Cool!" he said, "I want to go everywhere too!" he added, finally finding things in common with the hot chick. Was he about to get booty for the first time too? "But I don't know when I'll be able to do that, though... I have to go back home soon or my mom will be worried about me..." he shared thoughtfully as he turned to glance back at the Fen, and also probably ruining his chances at getting booty tonight as he spoke.
Rebel Princess
39 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Perhaps it was a bad thing that Aoife had never truly cared about anyone, but so far it had worked out excellently. Leaving home had been the best thing she had ever done and she was glad all had worked out... Well, not as she had planned, but still good. If she had known that because of her actions she had caused the death of a close friend, maybe she would've felt bad about it all. But - what she didn't know couldn't harm her.

She smirked proudly. The boy surely wasn't very... physically capable, but anyone could learn how to care for themselves. It was in their DNA to survive and, luckily for them both, spring was coming. Her ears lowered slightly at his confession but laughter soon spilled from her maw. Don'tcha worry 'bout that! Y'know, I ran away from home a looong time ago. You're only in trouble when they catch you. She said with a wink. She watched him look back at where he had probably come from, earning a thoughtful frown from the rebel.  

143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

His eyes follow suit as the female's own look back towards the Fen. He fears that perhaps he's made a huge mistake by not telling his parents he was going to leave for a while, but there were so many questions and so little answers! What about the sea? Would he never see it with his own eyes? And when, if not now, would he come up there to the mountains where the stars were closer? He needed his eyes to see it all, and although it was nice having a home and a cozy den to sleep tightly with mom and dad, he could not stay down there his whole life!

Poison. That was what every single word spoken by the lake sylph carried, and what it injected in Pyro's judgement... But he didn't mind at all. He was getting the drive he was looking for to not go back cowering to his mother. He wanted the world.

You're right! he shouts, and suddenly he's not just sitting there anymore. He'd jumped off his seat to run north, up where he'd been told was the sea. That was his biggest wish, to witness the waves and the whales, and he would not rest until said wish was fulfilled.

Come on! he calls, not forgetting about his new friend. If she's a nowherelander like him she probably wouldn't mind tagging along for an adventure. I'm going to the ocean!

[/td][/tr][/table]
Rebel Princess
39 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
[table width=80%][tr][td]It had not been her own desires that had caused her future to bloom - it had been necessary. If her parents had gone through with their plan of making her the pretty little princess she wasn't, not only would she have been terribly unhappy, but she would've also needed to die as something she wasn't. A terrifying thought - a terrifying life was all that had awaited her in the future her parents had built for her.

She smiled at his breakthrough - glad that she had helped him (or had doomed him) with this emotional struggle he was having. His parents could always make more kids, right? What was the loss of one, almost-fully-grown son who held the true desires of a wanderer? She watched him trot north, the way she had come from and frowned.

Something you have to know about me; She said calmly. I don't go where I am told. Her ears lowered but her smile didn't fade as she stood up and walked just a few paces towards him. You wanna go there? Then good luck to you. I'm sure you'll make lotsa friends there. All her words were meant, and even though it pained her little to leave him alone if he did go through with his journey, it was still something she knew would hurt him. She had wanted to say something about not trusting strangers in the future, but decided to let him figure that out on his own. If she could do it, he could, too.[/tr][/td][/table]

143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

It took him a moment to process her words and a tilt of his head remarked the struggle. But when he finally pieced the sentences together he understood that he hadn't found himself a travelling companion. No, she was a free soul, free above herself, and Pyro could never tie her down to his journey. But he didn't need to despite the feeling of nostalgia that was already breathing out.

Oh, he exclaims, slowing down to a sad pause in his advance. He turns as though he was about to run up to Aoife and hug the breath out of her, but he didn't. Will I see you again, though? he allows himself to ask through the shyness. And not waiting for a response he added, What's your name?

[/td][/tr][/table]
Rebel Princess
39 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
[table width=80%][tr][td]Deep down, she knew she was hurting the young guy's feelings, but her outer shell denied it all and simply had no shits to give. Everyone could learn on their own how to survive, because if they couldn't they'd end up dead. That had been Aoife's motivation ever since she had rebelled against every wish her mother only dared to mutter. They were all free, and one could trap her vessel but never her mind. The boy felt a lot like a younger, more masculine version of herself.

Who knows - if we keep wanderin', we might. She winked at him, trying her hardest not to pick up how it had affected him. ... Aoife - but don't you dare go tellin' of me, okay? She joked. Still, if word spread the lost princess had found her way to Teekon, she was in big trouble.[/tr][/td][/table]

143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
He had all the chances to go back home and be the good boy he was always supposed to be, but he didn't take any. Aoife had inspired him to go beyond his own limits and expand his world. It was out there, waiting for him, all he had to do was reaching out.

She didn't ask his name, nor did he give it to her. He simply smiled. It was a nervous smile, afraid yet utterly excited for what was coming, and then Pyro turned towards the ocean never to go back to the Fen again.