Broken Antler Fen A cup of tea, please
Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Private 

Malice had been doing just fine as a mere subordinate. Of course, she had tried her very best to provide for Seb's pack and her own members, but it was hard recovering from everything that had happened. Yes, she had settled but she didn't know what was bothering her. Perhaps it was her husband's age and how she feared for his life every time he simply coughed or perhaps it was for her worries about Pyro. He was growing up to be quite the silent wanderer, and the mother really didn't want to lose him... She knew she was capable of producing a second litter, but Burke was not due to his age. It would take a lot of convincing and planning for Burke to be fine with some kind of donor daddy - and then there was the struggle of finding such a daddy.

Life was a mess, but Malice couldn't say she wasn't enjoying it. Today, she decided to drag herself to a place where there was fresh snow - still stacked high, even with the warmer temperatures. Winter was so different here than at the Peak... But way more fun! She jumped inside the snow, letting her gracefully big body roll around while pure laughter spilled from her throat.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was curious where that laughter came from as he was doing his rounds. Because of the lack of vegetation it echoed quite heavily in the fen. Sebastian didn't mind since his howls were less effort. And their morning claim howl with everyone made it sound like they were an immense pack, and they were thanks to his father. So curious.

Sebastian trotted out to see who was having such fun. He found Malice in the snow. He let out a chuckle himself as he stepped closer to the playful female. It was still strange that she had pups with his father. Which would basically make her his step mom now, right? Sebastian grinned. "Oh step mother!," he teased her. He had been meaning to talk to her.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Every once in a while, Malice greatly enjoyed her time alone. Not that she disliked the family she had created by mating with Burke; a mother just needed her well-deserved alone time from time to time. At Arthendal she had done so by scouting out and meeting new wolves, but she didn't quite feel that safe so close to the brotherhood. Every moment she was outside the borders, she feared running into Nemesis (even though it was her half-sister and no one really knows safe for their father). She was even afraid when Pyro was gone after sunset...

Her chocolate ears swivelled as she froze in the snow, hearing chuckles and not long after a voice. It did not long for her to realize this was Sebastian just teasing her and more laughter was gained. Ah - My beloved step son! She called out, getting herself out of the snow, completely covered in it before walking up to her alpha. One could not even force submission out of her - instead, her stance was rather neutral, respectful and yet graceful all the same; like a grandmother that doesn't take no shit!
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
When he saw Malice she was powdered in white snow and she was laughing. It seemed really silly of her. Sebastian glanced over the female, yet had to smile when she went along with his teasing. He could tell that she was respectful even though not fully submissive to him. If she had been disrespectful he might have done something about it but now there was no need. "How are you settling in?," he asked curiously.

What he was most curious about though was how she ended up with his father and why she even found him attractive in that way. Plus it was quite curious to him that Burke wanted to live in this pack under his rule. He kept thinking there was a whole plan going on he didn't know about. However that didn't seem to be the case, as Burke still hadn't done anything that would be filed under 'creating havoc'.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
It was... strange being a normal commoner after almost a full year in some sort of ruling position. She was shocked at how good she was handling it and was also quite proud of Burke. She truly believed she had caused this all - for them all to be gathered here in peace. It was selfish to think so, but true nonetheless. If she had never whored around with Bunniebutt, nothing of this would have ever happened. She tried to think of her time at Moonlit Hills, but it was all slowly fading, something that scared her. If those memories could fade, these could too... She guessed her one fear was forgetting.

Oh, just fine, dear. She replied a little more casually. She assumed he had many other questions, but perhaps he had just accepted it all. So what if his old father was banging the young, scarred flame that was Malice?
~Adopt Avalon!~

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian had not really accepted it all. Yet he didn't know how disrespectful he could be about his father and what she would accept from that. She took some teasing but if Sebastian was insulting Burke then she might not like that so much. However he couldn't help to question: "My dad Malice? How did you get mated to him?," he sounded curious.

The male rather wanted to know what happened. Burke had been a leader at Blackfeather. It didn't seem like he was willing to give that up easily. Or any type of leadership. Sebastian wondered how his father's mind worked, and who knew that better than his wife.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
At his question, the lady chuckled. So he was not fully comfortable with her banging his old dad - which was fine by her. She had heard the stories of Burke's past, sort of knew what happened and could understand how Sebastian would be sceptical of it all. She got just a little closer to her leader, sitting down near him with a smile. I think you better sit for this one - it's quite the story. She told him with an enticing twinkle in her cold, yellow eyes.
~Adopt Avalon!~

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was surprised but did sit down. Basically he fell down on his butt much like Benjamin would do most of the time. He was curious about the story and interested to know what happened. He knew he wasn't going to hear it from Burke. He liked that Malice was willing to tell him everything, at least that is what he expected from it. "I am all ears now,"he responded to her with a quirk of his lips. Especially how she even gotten the attention of his father was mind blowing to him.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
He accepted, giving her the space and time to explain what had happened - how she was now a mother of two and a sworn enemy of the Dark Brotherhood. She almost didn't know where to begin. So, I believe I told you when we first met that I was the alpha of a pack called "moonlit hills". I mistook you for your father. It was around that time that I was first introduced to the Brotherhood - to Burke. You see, as I was strolling near a lake in heat; he found me and I... well, seduced him. She tried hard to hide her embarrassment by a chuckle, though it was obvious she was not very proud of this part of her story.

After a while, it was beginning to look like I was pregnant and my subjects did not seem to care. I came to Burke for help and he got me a spot in the brotherhood. Of course this had to be during the famine - let's just say I was not very... popular with the locals. But Burke never gave up on me or our kids because of it. I was told I was a... whore and that I did not deserve to be - that my children would be taken from me. Her first smiling face turned grim as she recalled memories she had stored away for quite some time because of good reasons.

When I gave birth, I heard them talking - heard them say horrible things about Burke, our children and me. Burke was thrown off his throne and it was apparent that we were no longer safe. As soon as we could, we got out of there but a peculiar female followed us. You now know her as the hard-working Aeronwyn. It seemed she was... touched by our story and failures in life and she joined us on our journey over the mountains into unknown lands. We found Two Rivers Isle; a beautiful piece of land surrounded by rivers on all sides and founded Arthendal along with some others. It was our home; our sanctuary, and I believe all who came went away happy... All except for the bunch that have come with us to these lands. She explained, not going in much detail of all the bonding moments they had shared there. Those memories were theirs and theirs only - and as much as she encouraged honesty; some things were worth keeping.
~Adopt Avalon!~

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian listened to the story. He was surprised by a number of things. The brotherhood talked bad about his father? And he left them for Malice?? This was quite a shock for him. "Wait.. So you were in heat and you went to my dad thinking it was me?," he questioned. Because that was quite curious that if this female was in heat she would even approach him. Perhaps he was just curious what went through her mind at the time. "Of course Dad made sure to make you pregnant that is like his specialty," Sebastian commented.

However he was still a bit baffled from what Malice told him about black feather. "No one can be popular in Blackfeather. I wasn't either," he pointed out. "But... He was kicked off his throne? Because of you? Or... well... Taking care of you? He took care of you and the pups? What?," Sebastian was so confused because he knew that his father only cared for breeding and not for the young. It was just a mother's job to take care of them. "He must be able to show some love after all then. Does he even love you? How do you know?"
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Pfft - you wish! She chuckled, clearly joking. She needed to clear her head, and one way to do that was with sassy remarks. She felt kind of relieved now the whole story had been summed up - as if a huge weight had lifted itself off of her unsteady shoulders and now landed on the young man. The confusion was clear to see, and she could understand. Burke had not been the best man out there, and neither had she been a good woman, but together they had changed a lot.

It was not a matter of popularity that got us kicked out. As I said; it all happened in a huge famine that affected the whole of Teekon. Plus, I didn't have the best reputation - Moonlit Hills was kind of like an enemy of the brotherhood and it all happened too fast for anyone to get a grasp on things. They saw it as a betrayal on Burke's side, I believe. She explained shortly. Of course she didn't tell why Moonlit Hills and the Brotherhood had not been the best of pals, and she left out the whole ordeal with Nemesis too. Even Meldresi she did not mention; she did not want to speak ill about the dead.

Of course he loves me. Trust me; he would've left me and the pups a long time ago if he didn't. I'm quite unbearable. She joked once again.
~Adopt Avalon!~

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian just smirked back at her at that comment. The grey male was more than happy with Pearl and was not very keen on giving her up for anyone. But this friendly banter with Malice he deemed alright to do. Malice explained further on the topic and Sebastian slowly nodded. "I remember that terrible famine," he spoke with compassion. After all Sebastian barely made through it himself being a wolf of big size.

The male snorted when Malice assured Burke loved her. "He must love you. Because I can confirm he just leaves. Plus he seems pretty close with Pyro and Vassago. I haven't seen both much. Hopefully they are okay?," he asked to Malice. He wasn't sure what to think about his little half brothers. He hoped they weren't avoiding him. "I am still wrapping my mind around the fact Burke seemed to accept being a pack mate..."
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Of course he remembered - it were probably the darkest times for a lot of wolves. Malice had not witnessed others starving but knew that at least some had perished due to the lack of food. She hoped that never again would such a thing happen - she'd personally eat every disgusting locust that dared to come here again. An impossible task, for sure, but she barely believed in something impossible.

I am their mother not their guard. She chuckled. They are old enough to take care of themselves now... Vassago has never been a fan of sticking to one place and Pyro - well, I believe he likes to wander. Her smile wavered as she thought of losing her baby boys that she had fed and raised together with Burke but knew that letting go was the best decision. Nothing good came from keeping them here against their will - and if they were to return she would love them just as much as before. Your father is not the man you remember anymore - well, I guess he still has that "Rochester seriousness" going on...
~Adopt Avalon!~

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian realized that Burke and the whole drama that he was kicked out, made him quite different. He had perhaps cherished his family a bit more. How wonderful. Sebastian had more hope now in getting to know him. Sebastian tails tarted to gently sway him. "I didn't mean to offend you about it. Burke never looked at me when I was younger," he pointed out.

Sebastian laughed. "That never will change i think. I believe grows even more sour as older age progresses him," he teased hi father a bit. Not a complete lie.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
I am not offended. She chuckled again - a slight bit of sadness slipping in her warm yet scratchy voice. It came, again, as no surprise that Burke had paid no attention to Sebastian. But, Burke was a changed man now - having gone through several hardships alone and with his family. Their bond was stronger than that of many and Malice cherished what he had given up and done for her and their two sons. Silently, she wished for more children of his to bear but did not think the old man was able to do such... acrobatics anymore.

Well, at least he will only mope around here and annoy us, hm? She chuckled - thinking of how the cracking bones of the old male would move as he wandered around as he used to.
~Adopt Avalon!~

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian bobbed his head. He was glad that she wasn't offended. He did have to laugh at her comment. "God knows how long that man will live. He seems to survive almost anything. Even a murder's pack that is out to kill him," he admitted. Though it worried him. What if anyone would find out that Burke was here? He wouldn't want a war. Then again, Burke hadn't marked any borders yet. "If it is up to Burke he would probably sit around and be amused how much he could annoy everyone." Sebastian shook his head, though it was an amusing thing. It sort of fitted his dad to be this grump.