Stone Circle ponderful thoughts
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
All Welcome 
The pack was busy these days, moreso than when he was little, Nikai realised. He was growing up well, still not the most abundant wolf, but neither was he very quiet. Nikai was mostly marked by wanting to care for all the wolves in the pack — not like a leader would, by telling them what they should best do, but by talking and playing with them, creating funny situations, and taking care of them. He also liked talking to others, but it was hard at times to be involved in the adult conversations Nikai craved.

Physically, Nikai was growing up to be a lean and athletic wolf now that he was near five months of age. He was in his phase of rapid growth, changing seemingly by the day from stubby pup into long-legged teen.

He'd grown interested in hearing stories after Chaska's poem, and had begun to wonder if he'd like to learn to tell stories, too. Keoni seemed very focussed on her trades, but Nikai, he wasn't too sure; there were multiple that interested him and he hoped he'd be able to make the right choice, for himself, but mostly for the pack. Nikai lay sprawled chewing on a stick presently while he contemplated these things.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
Nikai, Akuti called as she approached the young male. She'd been watching him from afar for a few moments before approaching, as she wasn't sure whether or not their similar stature intimidated her or amused her. What are you up to, pal? It was strange to Akuti the utter resemblance that the two had between them, and a funny thought crossed her mind. What would happen if the two were to pull a switcheroo on the pack, leaving all of them confused without a cause? It would be golden, she was sure, but it was a dangerous thing to pull a prank so soon on a pack who still had to trust her.

529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai didn't realise his resemblance to his pack mate very much himself, perhaps because he had not often thought of looking at his reflection in the water — he knew he was black, because he could see most of himself, but he didn't really realise that he had green eyes or white flecks on his face. When he saw Akuti, the wolf he had met the other day, approach, his tail thumped in cheerful greeting and he put down his slobber-covered stick for the moment.

"Hiya Akuti," he said softly. "Just chewing my stick and thinking about things." He was silent for a moment as he contemplated whether Akuti would be interested in hearing his 'things' and shot her a questioning look to test the waters. Then, presuming that the look she gave back wasn't entirely negative, he continued: "My sister Keenie's busy becoming a guardian, but I'm not sure what trades I should get." He wasn't really the guardian-y type, that much he knew for sure. He contemplated caregiver, but he wasn't sure if that's what he really wanted, and then there was counselor, but he wasn't too sure anyone'd want advice from such a young wolf.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
Akuti smiled down at Nikai, or rather, over to him, as they nearly matched each other's heights. That is a lot to think about. What do you like to do? She had yet to meet Keoni for herself (it took her a moment to realize "Keenie" was one of the Alpha's), though she found it interesting that gaurdian was her specialty if choice. It wasn't often that young children decided to devote their lives to their packs so to hear that it was happening right under her nose gave Akuti a sense of pride in Easthollow's reign.

I didn't decide on my trades until I was well into adulthood. It's okay to not know what you want to do, Nikai. Life is a lot longer than you might think.

529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai'd never thought about how long or short life was or would be, so he was surprised by the remark. He tilted his head in thoughtful silence as he considered the words. Then he came back to her first question, about what he liked to do.

"I like playing and listening to stories, and making others happy." The last one just sort of popped out — he'd never even considered that that was what he liked because it came so natural to make everyone happy. It wasn't like he had to arrange for them to be happy, either; he just wanted them to be happy, left or right, and he did what he could to facilitate it.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
Akuti's smiled refused to cease and rather grow larger upon hearing Nikai's sweet words. She could tell that she had other's interests in mind, though she hoped that he would understand how much his own needs mattered, as well. Perhaps a storyteller, then. Or, if you would rather, a therapist. I think you would do fine in any chronicler or counselor trade, personally. You could even do a little bit of both! She nudged at his shoulder with her paw, then cocked her head slightly and gave a questioning whimper, a friendly hm? 

529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
A storyteller. He wasn't sure if he would be a successful storyteller, because he mostly enjoyed listening to stories — but maybe he could be. He smiled at her eagerness to help, feeling appreciation that she would help someone she barely knew.

He didn't know what a therapist was, though, so he asked, "What's a ferapist?" As he had never heard of such a thing before. He was curious, though, ans hoped it'd be something for him.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
Akuti couldn't help but allow a toothy grin to slip, though she held her head downward to hide it in fear of insulting Nikai. A therapist does what I'm doing now. They talk to others and try to help them feel better about things, whether it be a loss that they've suffered or a choice that they have to make. Does that interest you? Thinking about it, Akuti could have been a therapist herself, but she quickly put the idea to the side as she realized that this moment was about something bigger than her own regrets. Rather, it was about helping Nikai to avoid any of his own.

529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai tilted his head, causing an unintended adorable puppy-eyed look as he tried to comprehend what Akuti was telling him. It did sound like something he'd like, because he always was looking out for people. "That sounds nice, to help others," said Nikai, and he nodded. "Thanks for helping. Hey — you could be a ferapist too!" He grinned good-heartedly at her, hoping that she wouldn't mind his joke, but since she was helping him with his trades it only seemed fitting.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
Akuti gave a small laugh as Nikai gave the small bit of advice, though there was certainly a bit of thought behind the gesture. I suppose I could, huh? Maybe you could teach me and I can teach you. What do you think? She gave him a comforting nudge to the shoulder as she awaited his response to the partially verifiable suggestion.

529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai smiled as Akuti suggested they help each other with their therapist trades. "Yeah, that's great," he said enthusiastically. He wondered how they best help each other. If they should give each other small homework assignments, or if they would just see where it went. Regardless, it was nice to have someone else to fall back on.