Stavanger Bay Starting Over Anew
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
So much had happened acumulating to the disbandment of the Blackrock Depths pack and with how fast it happened Rouge felt like she didn't even know how it happened. Rouge was back to being a loner and even though the members of the pack had left, she didn't feel abandon as she had been when she was a pup. The wolves in this pack had shown that they had cared for Rouge, and Rouge felt that if they didn't have to they wouldn't have left.

But never the less Rouge was alone again, but this time she wasn't to become part of another pack. She also wanted to join a pack that would use her skills as well as have appealing values. She thought to investigate acouple of packs in the surrounding area before deciding on one to settle down in.

She slowly cirlced the border of the past pack, smelling the linger scent of the border that was so prominent in its prime. Cirlcing she though of which direction to start in.

hämähäkki, muodonmuuttaja, satakieli
310 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Bard
Rogue
Lotte and Arturo had spent the majority of her heat cycle working actively to conceive; and now that the feverish urgency had ebbed from her, she busied herself with other things: namely, eating copiously, leaving her mark at Teaghlaigh’s borders, and fortifying her endurance through various training exercises. One of these was running on the beach north of the bay — a task she loathed, given her aversion to sand — and it was here that she ran into the nightscape-hued female whose bright blue eyes had seemed to glow. “Rakeet, comrade,” she said, a little breathless from her run. Smiling warmly, “I remember you — you brought the message about the bluefish,” she murmured with a friendly chuff, her argent eyes twinkling. There was sadness in her expression, too — sadness for Donnelaith, for the lost witch queen, for the disappearance of all of this wolf’s leaders. “I am sorry for your losses,” she intoned sincerely. “We never shared names the first time we met; I am Lotte Ansbjørn Fearghal. I moved to Teaghlaigh after the fires.”
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
As Rouge seemingly patroled the fading border of her fallen pack a familiar voice rang in her hears. She turned her head and her blue eyes saw a black and white female approtching. The amilarity of the voice was explained as the female proceed to reference their first time meeting on one of Rouge's scouting missions. As she said this Rouge faintly smiled as she nodded in agreement as she too recalled their first encounter. 

Rouge then turned the rest of her body to face this female as she approtched. being an allie of Rouge's fallen pack she muct have known about it's disbandment as she apoligized for Rouge's loss. She then introduced herself and shared to Rouge where she now resided. In the past Rouge wouldn't haven given her name, just as she had done in the Blackrock Depth pack, but she felt the need to share her name this time. Her prior secresy meant that no one of her previous pack could reference her to others. She also knew this wolf from before and felt she could trust her with her name. "It's nice to see you again Lotte. My name is Rouge. How are your fishing skills comming?" she asked remembering how Lotte before had little experience with the act.

310 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Bard
Rogue
“I am happy to meet you officially, Rouge. To be honest,” Lotte admitted with a chuckle, “I fell ill after the fire. My lungs filled with smoke and my paws burned. I have not practiced fishing at all.” Still, she was in high spirits, and her coal-colored tail whisked eagerly behind her. “I am so happy to see a familiar face from the Depths,” she exulted, “and a fellow scout, no less.” She smiled warmly at the shadow-wrapped female, wondering idly whether Rouge had decided what to do or where to go.

“I have moved from one ally of Blackrock Depths to the other,” Lotte murmured without preamble, deciding that getting straight to the point was the best course of action. She trusted Rouge enough to vouch for her, even though they’d only met once. Doe and Szymon had been well-respected by the soot-stockinged songbird, and their opinions had rubbed off on her. “If you should ever need a place to rest your paws, Teaghlaigh is open to you,” she quietly intoned, an impish twinkle in her moonbright eyes as she added, “and if you ever wish for company on your scouting trips, please call for me. I have wanted for so long to go wandering further inland — have you explored there yet?”
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Lotte explained that she hadn't prgressed in her fishing skill as soon after Rouge delivered her message, the fire that consumed the Donnelaith territory caused her to fall ill. Rouge was happy to know that she had survived and moved on to another pack. Not because they were super close friends, but because it showed her that Rouge could do the same. Move on to a new home and still be happy and thriving. She also mentioned their similar trade as scouts. "I'm glad you made it through the fire." she said with a small hint of a smile.

She then proseeded to invite Rouge to the Teaghlaigh pack, if she wanted, aswell as Lotte's company as a scout. Rouge wasn't sure if she wanted to join Teaghlaigh, she didn't know much about it other then they were allies and that Lotte and the other wolf she had meet prior was there. But Lotte's company was something that Rouge didn't want to pass up weather she joined the pack or not. It seemed as though Lotte might have been alittle less experienced then Rouge as a scout. She didn't know this for sure but her lack of fishing knowledge and her desire to travel further inland gave Rouge this impression. It almost seemed strange but Rouge saw herself possibly mentoring Lotte, but more as an equal then a superior.

Rouge wasn't herself lately, which wasn't really a bad thing. She felt able to be open with Lotte, which ment expossing a different part of Rouge that most wouldn't see when first meeting her.  "I will keep that in mind." Rouge said refering to Lotte's off to join the pack aswell as her company. She then answered Lotte's question. "Yes. I have spend a majority of my time in the wilds inland, before i joined Blackrock Depths."

310 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Bard
Rogue
Though Rouge did not express immediate interest in joining Teaghlaigh’s ranks, Lotte contented herself with the knowledge that the sapphire-eyed female seemed willing to keep the Family in mind, and a broad smile shaped her muzzle. “When the weather clears, I would be happy to share in many adventures with you,” she said boldly, “for it appears, sorea, that we share a common interest in travel. I would like to learn about every culture I can — what of you? Have you things you are passionate about learning or knowing?” The more she thought about the idea, the more she liked it:

“We could be true comrades, hunting and wandering and fighting side by side!” she proposed whimsically. “I am not well enough yet to travel long distances, but by springtime I will be — and I promised I would take my daughter mountain climbing. You should come along!”
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Lotte seemed very eager to adventure off with Rouge, which made Rouge feel good known that after meeting this wolf just one time that she would be so enthusiastic about spending time with Rouge. But another part of Rouge was slightly uncomfortable in a way. She wasn't used to having friends or spending time with other just for the intention of spending time with them. Lotte then expressed her passion to travel and learn about all the different kinds of culture and asked if Rouge had any passions of her own. 

In the past Rouge had only one real gol and that was survival. After joining a pack her goal was to please and do what ever the king and queen asked. Now she was without a pack, but also knew she could go off to join a pack. She was free to do what she pleased and she wasn't sure what that was yet. "I've never though of it before. I've always been rather closed minded in my previous goals and haven't had time to think of anything to vast."

Lotte then went on about how the two could go fishing and huntering together once spring came around. She also mentioned her daughter and how she wanted to go mountain climbing. Lotte then invited Rouge on the trip. Younger wolves always held a spot in Rouge's heart and knowing Lotte was going to be bringing her daughter mountain climbing brought a smile to Rouge's muzzle. "I'd be glad to accompany you, along with your daughter, mountain climbing."

Rouge felt as though she was mainly responding and not contributing to the conversation all that much so Rouge invited Lotte to do something as well. "I was planning on heading South and seeing what I might find. Did you want to join me? Do you feel up to it?" Rouge asked and questioned remembering that Lotte had said she wasn't feeling fully well.

310 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Bard
Rogue
If Lotte was surprised by how quickly Rouge wanted to be on the road, she didn’t show it. Her coal-pointed tail swayed languidly behind her in contentment as she glanced toward Teaghlaigh and gauged the hour. She was relatively familiar with the territories south of her forest home and felt comfortable enough — and confident enough — that if she wandered, she could return without issue. “I will travel with you for a time,” she agreed readily, bowing grandly with one foreleg outstretched and the other curled beneath the swell of her breast. In a continuation of that moment, she stretched her back and forequarters, then walked forward a few paces to stretch her hindquarters. “A pack used to live in the mountains south of here,” she mentioned, “but it seems they have migrated elsewhere.” That was a disappointment.

Lotte nodded toward Rouge, inviting her to take the lead. In Teaghlaigh, the soot-stockinged bard was Banríon — but outside it, she was only a wolf. She enjoyed the dualism of that — of being one wolf within the forest walls and another wolf without. She realized with some dismay that in many situations now, she would have to choose between playing her trickster games or acting as an ambassador for the Family.

That, she thought, was slightly disconcerting.
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Lotte agreed to travel with Rouge for a time and so they crossed the border of Rouge's former pack and headed inland, south. It seemed somewhat of a weight had been ligted from Rouge's back as she moved on both physically and mentally. Although she would never forget her experiences here, she needed to move on to move forward in her life.

As they began their journey Lotte mention a pack that used to reside towards where they were heading. Rouge was curious, at times an area can determine the character of the wolves that live in it. Though this definately wasn't always the case, it was a possibility. Rouge thought that if she knew the character of the wolves Lotte spoke of, she may get a better idea of the other packs that may reside further south. 

Rouge walked with somewhat of a strut, with the welcoming feeling of travel. It had been a long time since she had traveled just for her own sake and she felt she could appricate it more because of that. She looked over to her companion and asked "So what were these wolves like? The wolves of the pack you mentioned."

310 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Bard
Rogue
I’m sorry for the delay, Raven! ♥

Lotte marked the changes in her traveling companion but refrained from comment, breathing deeply and evenly as she lengthened her stride to match the more experienced female’s. “I met only one of them,” she answered, keeping her replies short and clipped, but softening the brevity with a convivial smile. Impulsively she walked closely to Rouge, feeling a sense of companionship in their physical closeness as well as their similar interests. “His name was Day. He was,” she chuckled with a widening grin, “a funny, warm wolf with a wonderful voice. If you meet him in your travels, please tell him he remains dear to me and I hope he is well.” For awhile, anyway, it seemed that Rouge would be making much further travels than Lotte herself. “He is mainly gray, with fog-glazed eyes — a low voice.”

Thinking to herself about what she could tell Rouge, “I know more about a pack that resides further south — the king is a wolf even larger than me, with eyes as turquoise as your ocean.” As she fell into an easy walk, it was easier to speak in the long, flowery sentences she favored. “His fur is chocolate, nutmeg, and cream, and I think him to be very strong and fair.” She considered what else she knew. “It was many months ago I last saw him, and he had young children then. They must be our size by now,” she remarked with a fond smile. It was a little sad that she’d never gotten to meet Scimitar’s children, but she didn’t spend much time fretting over it. She had no idea that Rouge had temporarily lived with one of them. The twisted saga between Scimitar, Eshe, and their sons was something that the wandering rogue had not been privy to, despite playing a small part in it via her brief involvement with Marbas.
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
No problem, Ive had a stressful week and haven't had time to post. Sry for late reply.

It seemed as though Lotte didn't know much of this pack other then a single member within it. This was somewhat disappointing to Rouge as a single member couldn't really paint the picture for a whole pack. But her disappointment was quickly replaced with interest as Lotte went on to discribe this male wolf, Day. As she spoke about his personality, Rouge began to like the thought of this wolf even more, even though she had never meet him before. 

Lotte then indirectly requested that if Rouge were to meet Day, to let him know Lotte wished him well. Rouge didn't mind this, after all it wasn't an order or anything like that. Just a favor from a friendly aquantance. "He sounds like an enjoyable fellow. I wouldn't mind meeting him one day." Rouge paused for a moment thinking about the unintentional double entendre of "day". Continuing her sentence she added "or delivering him your message." She finished looking over to Lotte who Rouge just now noticed had moved closer to her. It didn't seem weird, they were having a conversation after all, the closer they were the easier it was to hear one another. Or at least that's what Rouge told herself in the moment.

Lotte then continued to speak of another pack further south and toward the direction they were traveling. She spoke of its alpha, and even though normally one wolf wouldn't discribe a whole pack, the leader of one would give rather good insight. She spoke of the alphas strength and fairness as well as his children. This spoke to Rouge the most, because in her mind one that could care for their children was truely reliable to some degree. "They do grow up fast." Rouge said remarking to Lotte's last comment. While she said it Rouge thought of how fast she had to grow up on her own due to her circumstances.

Rouge though she might bring up her known knownledge of some of the packs within the wilds to Lotte. "Well if you do ever make it further inland, becareful. There is a rather nasty pack south east of here near the edge of the wilds."

310 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Bard
Rogue
Sorry for the wait! How’s Hershey doing?

“I hope that you will come across him in your travels,” Lotte said warmly of Rouge’s meeting Day. “He is a wolf worth knowing, like you.” The soot-stockinged songbird chuffed softly in amusement as she and Rouge continued to walk, her broad head bobbing in an amicable nod about the swift passing of time when it came to children. “I will soon have children of my own,” she intimated cheerfully. “They grow within me even now.” She swung her muzzle around to brush her whiskered snout against her lean flank. It was too early for a “baby bulge” to show, but she had no doubt that they lived. Doubt would come later — doubt and broken promises and bitter fear — but Lotte, blissfully ignorant of what would inevitably come to pass, celebrated her good health and the relative safety of Teaghlaigh with an ingénue’s naïve eyes.

Mention of Blackfeather Woods did dampen her good mood, though. Her brow furrowed as her lips turned down into a displeased frown. “Blackfeather Woods,” she muttered knowingly, her thoughts whipping back to the wounded wolves that waited back home with dismay. “I have come across their ilk before.” She didn’t speak in depth of how she’d learned of them — it was Family business, and despite Rouge’s being an ally, Lotte wasn’t altogether sure about her husband’s policies regarding pack politics.

“Ah — I forgot,” she piped up suddenly. “There is a pack in a mountain cave east of the forest we plan to visit, but I do not know very much about its wolves. I met one of the cubs from there during my travels.”
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Rouge smiled at Lotte's indirect compliment of her. As she mentioned her furture litter Rouge glanced over towards Lotte's belly seeing no definate buldge but also not doubting it. It explained why she hadn't noticed it before. Rouge at times had been worried about the safety of the unborn or very younge with her past experiences. But knowing what she knew so far about Lotte, even if that wasn't much, she felt she wouldn't have to worry about them.

It seemed Lotte's spirits seemed to change as the pack Rouge was discribing was given the name Blackfeather Woods pack. It seemed Rouge wasn't the only one to have experienced the bad side of these wolves and that they had a reputation about them. 

As Lotte mentioned another pack that was near by Rouge began to think that she wouldn't have to wait too long before finding the right pack. This journey with Lotte had been rather fun and egtting in touch with more wolves was itching in the back of Rouge's mind. "It sounds like there are many places I may try and visit." It had been awhile now and even though it seemed Lotte was early in her pregnancy Rouge didn't know how her body was taking this long trip away form home. "I appriciate your company, and I'm sure I will call upon it another time." As they began nearing the end on this region Rouge thought this would be a good spot to split off. She stopped and faced Lotte "I'll see you another time then?"

310 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Bard
Rogue
Thanks for the thread, Raven!

“Another time,” Lotte agreed amicably, inwardly relieved at the reprieve she was given. The ache had begun in her lungs again and she wanted badly to curl up alongside her daughter and her mate and sleep it off. Nuzzling the other female affectionately, the rogue turned and maintained a jaunty, rollicking trot until she was certain she was out of Rouge’s line of sight — then she dropped into a weary walk for the remainder of the way back to Ravensblood Forest.