Dragoncrest Cliffs the world is changed because you are made of ivory and gold
build me up from bones
138 Posts
Ooc — Siro
Same, haha. The translation website is sometimes ridiculously slow. Holy fuck have a novel, apparently.

Tirgatao, similarly, doesn't feel as if Drageda was in a place so desperate that required them to request aid from Trigeda. A twinge of shame spears her heart for not immediately attempting to soothe Thuringwethil's woes in the way she was trained for. The sacrifice of her personal comfort was something she was willing to make if it solved the problem, but there was little Trigeda could do for them now. Willing pilgrims were of a stronger stock than those coerced into upholding a bargan. She had faith that those who were loyal to Heda would find their way here eventually, just as she, Arlo and his brother had. She only hoped that Drageda would outlast time itself.

The quiet moment passed, and Heda continued. She waited, listening with cupped ears and an open mind as the Commander poured out her heart (or what little she felt comfortable revealing). But it meant something that they are here at all. Tir knew she could have easily been dismissed upon announcing herself to Heda and she is simultaneously emboldened and humbled by the current situation. She did not allow herself to be swept up in awe like a child and instead devoted herself entirely to observing, listening, and discerning. 

She flattened her ears at the gentle admonishment and nodded. "Yes, Heda." A second passed before she gathered up the courage to take a risk and speak her mind once more. "With both Wildfire and Portia heavy with pups, that leaves only Dio, Eske, Hush, and myself as proven to you. Arlo and Melchior are close to completing their training, but they are both young. The others two I know only by their faces." 

She inhaled and looked away over the glassy surface of the lake. "Do you think enacting a temporary ban on any trips beyond the immediate territories would benefit us? At least until Wildfire and Portia are back to strength, and the pups are old enough to eat solid food. I only suggest this because I worry about the unseen dangers out there. Accidents happen and, at the risk of sounding callous, we can't afford to lose anyone. Not that it is acceptable under normal circumstances, of course." Tirgatao was not an uncaring woman and it reflected in the glassy glint of her eyes she observed the water, her mouth set in a hard line. She hoped she didn't come across as too ruthless, but she was excellent at playing devil's advocate. If no one was to reach out to Trigeda until further notice, why should they be allowed to wander the far reaches of the Teekons when they were needed at home?
"There are no guarantees in the future. That's why today, the time we have now, is important."
Trigedasleng is denoted in bold/italic if not already written out. Hover for translations. 
Messages In This Thread