Duskfire Glacier The day you died, it all went to hell.
Family is not an important thing. It is everything.
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
All Welcome 
Title is crap, 'cause I suck at them. Also the thread is not mandatory, but I just wanted to post something so that people can have their toon talk out on what to do next/where to go. Others are welcome to cameo who have different plans with their toons and are heading off in a different direction :) @Hawthorn @Rose @Tulip @Heartha  Kieran Adrien and @Aurora Artemis @Cosmos other than that AW

It always seemed to happen in threes. Ever since the loss of the Glade to the band of wolves led by the night colored male named, Reek, the court had endured a gruesome journey in relocating to Duskfire Glacier and just for Sylvas to watch it all fall apart once again. The republic had fallen due to lack of members and those previous seemed to have disappeared, even his own daughter, Sorrel had vanished once again, but the main cause for the mercenary's grief was the haunting and awful sight of Eden's corpse. Sylvas had come across her lifeless form on his patrol and he found himself unable to move, his eyes tightly shut as he managed to abruptly turn away from the mangled sight before him. He felt cold and slowly the mercenary could feel his spirit within, breaking as he desperately tried to regain his composure. 

She was gone. Eden was....dead. Confusion and sorrow, mixed with anger began to surge through the male, his golden eyes gleaming as he fought back the tears that threatened to run down his furred cheeks. How? Why? Did she accidentally...fall? So many questions, but would he ever get the answers?

A low rumble grew within the mercenary's throat as he briefly pushed the sadness away, amber eyes searching the terrain as he took a couple of deep breaths. 'I can't let the children see her like this..' Sylvas thought, eyes closing once more as he let out a soft whimper, large paws quickly taking him to a nearby bush, jaws opening as he clamped his teeth shut around one of the many leaf covered stems. After a few seconds of pulling at the thick plant, it eventually snapped off, allowing Sylvas to drag what he could to temporarily cover the cold, mutilated body of his mate. He stood quietly, observing the concealed form of his wife, brown ears pinned to his skull as his tail hung low behind him. 'What do I do now?' The lone male thought, his heart sinking heavy as he thought of what to tell his son and the others, if the others were still around at all, that is. Looking back to her bloodied form, Sylvas whined and gradually began to dig, pushing his paws deep into the dirt. He knew couldn't leave her like this, out in the open and so the only option was to bury her. 

His large paws ached as the hours passed, though he had finally finished. The brute stopped, panting loudly as allowed himself to slump down upon his haunches, a defeated sigh escaping his lips as he looked around at the land before him, eyes slowly returning to the mound that now concealed his departed wife. His mind still couldn't believe it and Sylvas' head hung low, eyes closing as he took a moment to recover from the arduous task of making a grave. As he peered to the mound, Sylvas knew they, or rather he couldn't stay here any longer. But where would they go? Wearily, Sylvas lifted his head to the sky, his throat vibrating smoothly as he allowed his howl to ring out across the glacier, calling to those still present within the once claimed lands.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha's ears turned up. Sylvas's call was heard, but she did not catch the meaning. She headed out ot him, not knowing what she would see. Once she arrived, she stopped and saw the mound. The thought of who had passed entered her mind. Had one of their children passed? But no, the look he had said much more. She gasped quietly, as if struck by a harsh cold wind. "Sylvas, I am so...Did she...what happened?" She couldn't even form full sentences. Another had passed, another friend. 

She didn't want Tulip to see this, to know sadness. But if her daughter followed, there would be no stopping her from seeing. Heartha leaned toward Sylvas to give a nudge to his shoulder, to try and comfort him for his loss. It was soft, and hesitant. "I am so sorry."
She dreams of the ocean late at night and longs for the wild salt air.
45 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
A faint whimpering in could heard underneath the fallen sovereign's own. Large paws trudging through the snow on a body too small to be poportional. She had lost her mother, along with her two siblings, all the warmth that had shielded her from the winter was suddenly gone, and she didn't know why or how. Small white hears pinned agaisnt her forward before she fell to the ground and began to cry, she was too young to comprehend much, but she knew her mother gone - and now she felt the first pain in her life. "M-Mama," She had never spoken a word yet, even when her mom attempted to coax "Mama" out of her and Aurora's little mouth's, she hadn't obeyed, and now Honey would never hear her young call for her. 

She buried her cream head into the snow, ignoring the sudden burst of cold that hit her muzzle and nose. Carnation was hiding, in an attempt to do anything to fix the issue, she did what she knew what to do when danger was close - hide.

fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
It was clear that the Republic was no more, something that brought both happiness and sadness into the fire pelted girl. She was pleased to know that Eden was not fit to be a Queen, but at the same time was displeased that they had lost so many members. Emory was gone, which wasn't much of surprise to the young girl since she had become accustomed to others leaving her without bothering to saying goodbye. Speaking of missing members, where the hell was that lousy excuse for a fallen Queen? Rose lifted her head to call for the woman but just as she was about to let out her howl, Sylvas' own cut her off. 

She made her way towards the general area where the man had called from and eventually found the pair that gathered around a mound. Her nose scrunched up at the foul smell that hit her nose and she could help the way her face twisted in disgust. It should have taken her longer to figure out what was going on, but the scene before her was all too familiar. She looked towards the now mateless man, but Rose couldn't seem to find any sympathy for him. She didn't bother saying sorry or trying to comfort him either, after all words wouldn't bring back the dead.

Instead she glanced around to look for @Hawthorn, hoping he would eventually show. She didn't want to stay in this depressing place any longer than she had too, but the girl still wanted to figure what plans her brother might have. She had every intention of setting off on her own, but she did pray that her littermate might join her for yet another journey. Either way she would support him no matter what, even if it meant them parting ways.
i'm the architect of my own destruction
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Kieran knew that the pack had disbanded - the lack of members was obvious, but the boy refused to give up hope that he would one day rise up and bring a pack of his own to the land. He wanted to protect. To have a safe haven for all his friends and family, despite his young age. Though, as of right now, those were simply dreams that may or may not eventually become reality. 

The former prince gave a sigh and perked his ears when he heard his fathers call. Kieran had little comfort after discovering that his sister had once again vanished. Hopefully, his father had news. Was that why he had called? Did he find Sorrel? The very thought of seeing his littermate again made him leap to his paws and he raced over to where the howl had sounded. A worried, yet hopeful expression was planted on his maw but he froze when he came across the scene. A mound, that no doubt hid a body. The boy's previous gleam of hope vanished in an instant as he realised that the mound was too big to be his sister.... the only one it could be was... no! Not Eden! No, it wasn't her. It couldn't be her. Why her, of all wolves? Why his precious mother, who had cared for him and taught him and listened to him - she couldn't be gone!

Tears welled up at the pup's eyes, and he did not hide them. They fell steadily down his face as he stared ahead of him in disbelief. His glance snapped downwards as he now couldn't bring himself to even look at the hidden corpse. The boy had noticed that Rose was here, as well as Heartha and Carnation, and perhaps Hawthorn was too. He didn't know - he didn't really care at the moment. He needed comfort - something. Anything. He didn't care who gave it, but he needed it now.
English * French
shadowhunter
60 Posts
Ooc —
Truthfully, Hawthorn wasn't quite sure how he felt about the current circumstances. He knew that the Republic had disbanded due to its lack of members, and now, the lack of leadership, but he didn't feel anything other than worry for Kieran and for his sister - she'd grown bolder and rasher, and though he wanted to follow her wherever she went and protect her, he felt that he could no longer do that. He felt that he had other duties now, and he wanted to live his own life without revenge or vengeance. 

The shadow child came immediately when Sylvas called. Hawthorn was quick to analyse the situation and after a second or so, he came to a shattering conclusion. Bitterly, he glanced around, eyes settling first on his sister, then on Sylvas, then on the mound that was Eden, then at Kieran. Shooting Sylvas a look of sympathy, he moved to Kieran, keen blue eyes quickly noting the tears that rolled down his cheeks in rivulets. Hawthorn's heart clenched and he bit his lip uncertainly. Still, despite his inexperience in such matters, he made to comfort the younger boy, like he had when Haw himself was contemplating death.

Pressing his body against the younger boy, Hawthorn touched his nose to his cheek gently, comfortingly, then slowly began preening the boy's guard hairs in slow, meticulous movements, hoping the rhythmic strokes would slowly calm him down. He knew first hand that words could do little in such situations, so he simply offered comfort and support. Out of the corner of his eye, he shot Rose a look, hoping she would wait a while so they could discuss plans, but if not, if not....
if you can't fly, then run;
if you can't run, then walk;
if you can't walk, then crawl;
even if you have to crawl, gear up
aim your gun! ready! fire!

Mercenary:
0/5
Caregiver/Medic: 0/5

(always open for threads)
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
Sorry for the wait! And @Carnation I hope the pp is okay, if you want me to change it just let me know!

Gold eyes fell upon the silver form of Heartha approaching first and Sylvas merely closed his eyes tightly as the sound of her words caught his ears. The mercenary didn't know what to say, his eyes reopening, vision hazed from tears as he gave her an empty expression, black lips parting as he replied, ”I don't know.” He let a small whimper escape him as he brought himself to look at the mound once more, ”I just... found her.” The mercenary began, ears flicking back against his head as he looked to Heartha again, ”She was just... lying there...on the ground.” He croaked, his head lowering as he felt the gentle, comforting nudge to his shoulder. Slowly, Sylvas looked to Heartha as she apologised and he offered her a forced smile, ”Sorrel has gone missing too.” He sighed, tail and head low as he shook his head in sheer disbelief, ”I seem to have lost them both this time.”

For a moment, Sylvas' head jerked, brown ears lifting from his skull as he detected a soft voice, sounding not far from where he and Heartha stood. Tilting his head curiously, Sylvas peered to Heartha for a moment before setting off in the direction of the cries, large paws swiftly carrying him to the source as his nose trailed across the icy ground. Within seconds, the male's gold eyes fell upon a little form of cream and white within the snow, a little girl, alone? A puzzled expression took hold of Sylvas' features as he stared at the girl, head tilting some as he carefully lowered himself to a crouch, ”Where's your mama little one?” He questioned, a wash of concern coming over him as he slowly glanced around the terrain for any sign of her mother, eyes catching as the other children slowly began to gather to his call. Quickly, Sylvas looked back to the young girl and offered her a smile, he knew alone, she wouldn't survive and this only made his concern for her safety grow. Though he didn't want to just simply take her away, the male knew it would be in the pups best interest if he did, so the mercenary asked the girl softly, ”Would you like to stay with me, till we find your ma?” He moved his head closer, nose twitching as he curiously sniffed at the pup, gradually recognizing the girl to belong to their most recent member, Honey, though he hadn't formerly met the woman. 

Looking back to the gathered group, his ears arched forward as he listened to the sobs of his son, quickly Sylvas turned back to the girl and gently lifted her from the snow, taking her with him back to the others. As he approached, the mercenary carefully placed the white pup between his front paws, slowly sitting beside Hawthorn as he comforted Kieran. A sombre expression was displayed across his face as he peered down to the children, eyes gradually looking to Heartha as he spoke, ”I don't know where we could go, but we can't stay here any more.” Sylvas gazed to his son with an apologetic expression, ”We can't survive here, we need more numbers.. and that only means one thing, we need to join another pack.” It was the only thing the mercenary could think of to ensure the survival of those he'd sworn to protect, even though the numbers had already dwindled.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha held back her own tears the best she could, but it wasn't enough. Nothing would bring back Eden. But Sorrel, a child, that was much more troubling. The chances of finding him again were so small. "I...I can't promise you that we will find him." She had lost too many of her own children already. "We have to go on-" She cut herself off when Sylvas turned his attention to the voice.

Her attention went to the child as well. She wondered briefly, thinking for a second it was Tulip. But it was not. She did not know who's child it was. "Who's pup is it?" she whispered to Sylvas. She didn't recognize it. 

The other pup's soon came, but her eyes were on Carnation. They moved to Sylvas when he moved, taking one of the pups with him. "I agree. We need to find another place to go...Do you know of anyone who could take us in?" She had never gone very far from pack lands. Except for that one time to Silver Creek, but that was too close to the Glade, so she couldn't think of anywhere else.
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
Not sure if everyone wants to get this thread wrapped up! So scrapping post order for now :3 @Hawthorn @Kieran Adrien @Heartha

His ears flattened against his head as he listened to Heartha speak and deep down the mercenary knew her words to be true, but Sylvas couldn't believe that she was lost to them completely, clinging to a small fraction of hope for his daughter. The mercenary was never as religious as his mate, but he found himself praying for Sorrel, hoping that she was safe and would survive long enough to be reunited with them, some day that is. He knew this was a fools dream and yet he couldn't let go of that small shred of hope, for it was all they had right now.

”I know..” He replied, allowing a sigh to pass his lips as he glanced down to the ground, a deep sadness filling him and Sylvas held back the tears that wanted to fall from his eyes. He had to remain composed and so, Sylvas closed his eyes and exhaled loudly, ”I'm not sure, but the only way to find out is to seek out the neighbouring packs and simply ask.” He said softly, amber eyes reopening as he looked to Heartha with a concerned expression, ”We'll just have to hope at least one of them has enough room for us.” The brute didn't know what else to suggest as he slowly peered around at the pups, ”I will do whatever I can to ensure everyone's safety during our search for another home.” Sylvas said with a half smile.