Wapun Meadow bad to the bone
37 Posts
Ooc — Marie
OCC: Introducing my new bae, Charlemagne. Couldn't resist the urge of making a WF for myself

Another dollar, another day, the young boy repeated to himslef as he crawled out from his burrow, strategically hidden from the view of predators and other passerbys. As he peeked outside, his ears pricked and his eyes fully alert, he waited motionless, his body half-inside the den.

Then as if he had received some kind of signal that everything was safe, he darted outside, his tail raised in the air. He took a second to shake of the dirt from his back and yawn. Then he was off.

Frolicking through the meadow, happily humming to a tune only he knew.
“Look! You want to see? See! Feast your eyes, glut your soul on my cursed ugliness! Look at Erik's face! Now you know the face of the voice!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
The skeletal, half maimed wolf hugged the shadows, blending into the dark like the Phantom she was raised to be. After discovering the presence of wolf packs in the area, Erika took extra precautions not to be seen. While she was informed that not all of the packs defended their territories like a wolf should, it was better safe than sorry.

Soon, the mangled Phantom approached a meadow, a place with no cover. Sighing, the wolf stepped into the light, feeling the tall grass and flowers tickle her nose, making her sneeze. Shaking her head, she pressed forward, wading through the green sea.

In this ocean of foliage, a red blur caught the eye of the maimed wolf. A fox. Un renard.
37 Posts
Ooc — Marie
OOC: hello c:

A small field mouse darted past the young fox's path, as if provoking him to set chase after him. The youngster wondered if it was worth the trouble to chase such a petty piece of game, that would barely satisfy his hunger...

He stood, his tail flicking as he decided what to do. Finally pride took over reason and the juvenile lunged towards the shrub the field mouse had taken as cover. No mouse would cross Charlemagne's path without paying.

With a great impulse from his hind legs he propelled himself into the air, his nose pointing at the target, he sinked his face into the shrub, eyes closed to avoid any damage.He felt the prickly branches of the shrub brush against his cheek, then he realized catching the mouse without being able to see would be more challenging than he thought.

Oh well! He wriggled his face through the shrub biting blindly at anything that his mouth touched, then tada! Only the small creature's sharp cry made him aware he had hit his target. He crushed the small rodent in his jaws and pulled his face out of the shrub, prickly branches sticking to the back of his neck.

Charlemagne took the mouse and flung it in the air, as he gave a sharp bark of triumph. To any other creatures that might've observed his reaction to his sucessful kill, he must've seemed insane.. But to the young fox this was nothing out of the ordinary, he was used to playing with his foo before eating it.
“Look! You want to see? See! Feast your eyes, glut your soul on my cursed ugliness! Look at Erik's face! Now you know the face of the voice!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
OOC: Hello. :)

IC: The black Phantom crouched as the fox's gaze almost pointed her way. A mouse had scuttled past the vulpine male, which attracted his attention. Erika watched silently as the fox jumped into the air and landed in a thorny shrub. La méthode de la chasse aux renards de est .... étrange ... she thought.

After a bit of wriggling, the fox's head appeared with a mouse clamped in his jaws, triumphant. In his mirth, the fox tossed the mouse into the air, barking with joy. It was strange to see a creature actually play with his food. The action was...sadistic. But she couldn't blame the little fox, catching a mouse was hard, even for a fox.

The maimed wolf rose from her hiding place, approaching the fox. "Bonjour petit renard." The Phantom said politely, hiding the marred side of her face.
37 Posts
Ooc — Marie
so much fun playing this little dude
The young fox was definitely enjoying himself, he gave another jovial bark as watched the small mouse fly through the air. Then the sound of another creature's breathing made his blood turn to ice. Quickly he snatched up his little throphy and prepared to run, if he was going to be chased, at least he'd take his breakfast.

Suddenly a pure black wolf appeared in front of him. Charlemagne was not used to dealing with wolves at such short distance, he had ran across a few in the past, they had not even bothered to look at him until he began trying to get them to play, that's when they usually got mad and chased him off, baring their ugly teeth at him.

This wolf, had approached him..which was extremely suspicious.. what did he want? His mouse?? Oh hell no! , he thought fluffing up his tail. Of course he knew he was no match against the oversized dog, but he wouldn't leave without giving him a bit of a headache.

The wolf's mouth opened and sounds came out, but he could not understand the meaning of those noises. "Excuse mmf-you?" he yapped muffled by the mouse in his maw.
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Erika sighed with disappointment. It seemed that absolutely no one in this area spoke her first language, French. She would have to stop greeting people with that language for now. What a shame.

"If you were to translate zat, it would mean "'Ello little fox.'" I was just greeting you." The black wolf explained, a bit annoyed. She didn't know why she was associating herself with non-wolves these days...first Macawi the coyote, now this fox. She guessed that she had a connection with them: being hated and shunned by wolves.
37 Posts
Ooc — Marie
The obsidian coated wolf seemed to be disappointed by something, she took her time replying, explaining that what she meant was only a greeting.

Charlemagne flicked and ear back and dropping the small mouse by his paw he called out to the wolf. "Well hello to you!" Then with a quick swish of his tail he waved at the wolf, in a rather playful manner.

"May I ask what you're doing here, not many wolves come here, not alone at least" he commented, his tail curling over his back
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
The black wolf smiled a bit as the fox chirped happily. The white tipped tail of his wagged back and forth, as if inviting her to play. The fox was rather friendly for his kind, most would stare at her warily, or even run away. Curieux petit garçon.

"What I am doing 'ere? Just travelling. I am not part of a pack just yet. I am exploring ze area."
37 Posts
Ooc — Marie
The wolf spoke once more, a very particular and refined accent flowing with her words. The small fox blinked at her, studying carefully the only side of her face that was visible.

"It's a pretty meadow, filled with flowers and such.." he mentioned, glancing around at the daisies and shrubs surrounding him. "Where do you come from anyways?" he asked imagining the great journeys and sights the wolf must've had.

Then his gaze returned to the wolf, "My! How rude of me" he exclaimed shaking his head, "My name is Charlemagne, and you are?" he barked flicking his tail graciously at the female.
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Erika snorted a bit as the fox stated the all to obvious. "So I've seen." It was indeed a pretty meadow, with various species of flowers, weeds, and grasses. Her calm, stoic father Erik might have squealed with delight upon seeing it. How was the old man anyway?

The fox asked of her origin, but she was not very willing to reveal so much about herself. She told the bare minimum to satisfy his insatiable curiosity. "A place very, very far from here. Along a different coast I believe."

Another question was asked and Erika sighed in annoyance. "You ask a lot of questions don't you, petit renard? If you really want to know, my name iz Erika."
37 Posts
Ooc — Marie
The small fox, watched attentively as she replied coldly to his comments, hmm perhaps she had woken up at the wrong side of her den, he swished his tail around like a whipp and flicked an ear back, signaling he did not feel satisfied with her answer.

He was a curious being of course, as a fox, it was in his nature, in his veins, just like the wanderlust that took over his heart. He wished of going beyond the mountains that held the meadow he had always called home captive. He wished to go far and fly high.

Finally, the black she-wolf gave him a concrete answer. Erika. That was her name. A subtle smile tugged at his lips, revealing his front teeth.Quite a funny sight. "Well! Pleasure to meet you Erika, sorry for wanting to be nice," he barked,"I guess cordiality isn't something worth giving to a petty fox?" he remarked, lowering his head to grab his mouse again.
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
The wolf noted Charlemagne's displeasure at her answers, but she paid it no mind. The little fox's concerns did not really matter to her. She had no intention of making friends with him anyway.

"I never said you were petty. But if you are taking my words to offense, zen I shall leave." she flicked her tail once and began to depart. What a was of time.
37 Posts
Ooc — Marie
nuch to do then...fading I suppose.. thanks for the thread tho :o

Charlemagne frowned as he watched the wolf back away carelessly, thoughtless creature! he thought, with annoyance. He had greeted her with the best of intentions and the wolf was just to stuck up to even pay a decent amount of attention.

He grabbed the mouse into his mouth and dipped his head with an ironic manner, he might share the same roots and their bloodline might be similar but he was nothing like this wolf. Giant brute!

So with that the two canines parted, each following their own path, hopefully to never cross paths again.