Blackfeather Woods i can be your bonnie, you can be my clyde
sandsnake
4 Posts
Ooc — torvi
All Welcome 
[table width=85%][tr][td]
She moves through the territory still a new initiate and trying to map out the lands. The dark forest is very different from the oasis and red rock she had grown up in and at times she is struck with the realization and frustration of stumbling in the dark through lands that are both foreign and alien to her. Kali is nothing if not persistent so she walks the same path, seeking out pack caches and adding to them when she hunts. Luckily, it has not taken her long to learn their locations within Blackfeather Woods. It is small but she tells herself that it is a start. Though the sandsnake suspects that she will have to be taught the poisonous plants in these Wilds for not much strikes her as overly familiar still she searches for those that she does know in the stubborn hope that she does not have to necessarily start from scratch like a pup just learning to walk. She had always been proud to be an accomplished poisoner and the thought of not being able to identify the poisons of these Wilds is much like realizing that she is out to sea caught in a riptide: she knows how to swim but not how free herself from the current that is determined to pull her deeper to sea. Half drowning and half fighting to keep her head above the metaphorical water.

Her sea green gaze roves over the bottom of the trees, her steps pausing suddenly as she recognizes a plant. Devoid of it’s tell-tale leaves that it has in spring, summer and fall she can still tell poison ivy when she sees it and she knows that even without it’s pointed leaves it can still cause a rash and if the reaction is severe enough blisters. She veers off her path to investigate it further, smiling to herself. This is another small start: she does not, perhaps, need to start entirely over and that brings with it a small measure of relief shown in he slight relaxation of her shoulders and the soft wag of her tail against her hocks. But it begs to question: what other flora did her home share with these Wilds?
[/td][/tr][/table]
you think achilles was of impressive descent?
touch me one more time. maybe it’s time we found out
what the daughter of the mightiest god can do.
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
There was another woman who had intered the pack. She wonders if the winter's harsh chill drove them to her, but their vetting was too harsh to simply become a harbor for wolves of desperation. Potema does not know any of their names, nor any of their faces or scents. She is too caught up in her own duties of being a mother and a healer to care, unless they placed themselves in her path, as this woman did.

She is looking for poison ivy, especially those low hanging. She had seen what it could do to her brother, an older and stronger wolf, and could only imagine what it could do to her young children. The amount of danger that lay outside the den, serious, deadly danger, disturbed her. She would not cloister them away from the world, but after seeing Kotake nearly die at the hands of one wayward rabbit, she knew that she could not let them simply run amok. She tried to find every exceedingly dangerous thing in the forest that she could manage, and destroy it.

This woman, with deep interest in her eyes, was clearly intent on preserving this weed. It is an expression she is all too familar with, after seeing it on her mother and brother's faces too many times to count. Potema snorted inside, moving forward to greet the woman. You are interested in poisons, then? 
sandsnake
4 Posts
Ooc — torvi
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Kali is not necessarily surprised when the sound of approaching footfalls interrupts the sounds of the forest letting the sandsnake know that she will not be alone for long; but wrapped up in her …admiration and joy of finding poison ivy she gives a start when the pallid woman appears to meld out from the shadows of the dark wood. Sea green eyes rest upon her for only a split second before they divert with respect. She blinks down to the poison ivy as the woman makes her inquiry. Interested in poisons is quite the understatement, Kali cannot help but think. She adores her poisons. She is a good fighter, certainly, but she finds the thrill and anticipation of watching her poisons do their work a much better high than the adrenaline brutality of a physical fight. Poisons allow her to admire her handiwork from afar. It is a much prettier death than a torn asunder carcass and less easily tracked. “I was a poisoner of my old pack,” Kali admits. She cannot explain what exactly draws her to it only that there is a draw and she is not inclined to fight it. “I figured I would have to re-learn the skill and identifying the flora like a inexperienced pup…,” She draws her tongue against her jowls once. “but I recognize poison ivy. It means I don’t have to start from nothing.” And that is a start she is happy to take. It is not ideal per say but she is in no position to complain.
[/td][/tr][/table]
you think achilles was of impressive descent?
touch me one more time. maybe it’s time we found out
what the daughter of the mightiest god can do.
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
The woman starts at Potema's presence, but it was such a common reaction to the uninitiated that she shrugged it off, watching her. She explains her interest; she was once a poisoner. Potema hums in appreciation of her previous career, knowing that the prior knowledge would push her quickly up the ranks should she push herself with such ambition. She wonders, then, where she came from, if she has to familiarize herself with the flora here. While I do not know as much about poisons as my brother, Cicero, does, I am sure I can assist you in identifying them, She looks at the climbing vine, noting how close it was to the Glen. I am Potema, by the way. The medic and priestess, She was no longer Listener (it seemed that, with Nemesis' recent bout of nepotism, Kove would likely take that position next), but she was well versed enough to consider herself a priestess of Mephala.