Ravensblood Forest she loves me and all you got was a bullet
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
Only if you want/have time KJ! <3

[table width=85%][tr][td]
On the borders Arturo’s pace is a restless one. Each step is heavy, a weighty imprint left upon the bracken of the forest floor littered as it was with small piles of snow that was otherwise melting. He inhales deeply and lets it out in a heavy exhale, his breath spilling from betwixt his lips, writhing into the air before it dissipates reminds him that it is still cold out. It reminds him that it is still winter though he knows that spring will soon be upon them. He is not cold. His winter coat is thick and offers him protection from the most bitter of days but his ire burned with the consistency of the sun, occasionally lashing out like a solar flare. He seethes because what he wants to find joy in: he cannot. And he thinks it is unfair with a large amount of bitterness and annoyance. He wants to revel in Lotte’s pregnancy, to feel excitement for the coming of their children but he is plagued by other things. By his increasing worry about if the pack can support both litters — and frankly with the betrayal of his trust if they should as it was he didn’t care much whether Dakarai and Olive’s litter lived or died, in fact he rather hoped that they did die as it might save him a lot of trouble in the near future — and while he recruited Rollo and Lia found their way to them he worries that Teaghlaigh is still too small and continues to venture out to recruit though he rather thinks he is the only one upholding that deal which only angers him more. Thus far they showed him no reason why they should retain the rights to their children and if things didn’t start smoothing over and working to cool his ire they and their children would suffer his wrath collectively.

Arturo feels tired. Tired of anger in the stead of happiness. Tired of worrying instead of celebrating and he seeks, if only for a few hours to put aside Ceannasach and focus on the good happening in his life amidst the chaos. At the very least he is going to attempt it. So he actively seeks his nightingale @Lotte in the hopes that they might steal away a few hours that are theirs where anger and worry could not touch them. At the very least he wanted a few moments where he could marvel over her and their children growing within her womb without anything tainting it and he thinks that is not too much to ask for.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
>_< i have to throw Dakarai in. woooo boy here we go!

Dakarai couldn't shake his anger. Arturo had not only been a complete and utter dick, but he had acted like Olive being pregnant was something he did not consent to. He was currently walking, despite his condition and had somehow ended up in front of Arturo. He stared at the Ceanassach before clearing his throat "We need to talk. Or...I would like to have a discussion with you if you would be so inclined" In his head he resaid the words in a mocking and bitter tone, though outloud he kept his voice one hundred and one percent emotionless.

Remembering to show respect, he lowered his chin and cast his eyes down though in the moment all he wished to do was shout at this man. Really you had to admire Dakarai, he was seething inside yet his demeanor made it seem like he was just looking for a chat with the cold and anger inducing man.
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
gonna stay vague about things because i don't wanna mess up anyone's timeline. :-)

It was incredibly ironic is a really horrible way that one of the very last wolves Arturo wanted to cross paths with ends up …crossing his path. And remaining there. Instead of his wife the gangster finds himself staring down Dakarai with a curl of his lip and a rise of his tail over his back, his hackles bristling as Dakarai made the demand that they should talk. Arturo had been looking to put it all out of his mind for a few hours: to take time to enjoy being an expecting father but apparently he wasn’t even allowed a few hours. “Do not forget who you speak to Dakarai,” The smoky timbre of Ceannasach’s voice is like the distant rumble of thunder: the imposing warning before the storm. He is no mood for Dakarai’s insubordination — not that, mind, Arturo is ever in the mood for anyone’s insubordination — for as it stands Lotte is the only living wolf allowed to make demands of him. “I am Ceannasach and you do not make demands of me.” Unless, of course, he was suddenly able to change his appearance and become Lotte then Arturo would stand corrected. Arturo supposes that this was inevitable though from his perspective he does not understand why Dakarai has any right to be angry nor why Arturo is under the impression that he is considered the villain in this situation when he has done nothing wrong. He is only trying to keep the law and order as the judge, jury and executioner and if his verdict was unpopular than so be it. Being an Alpha wasn't about making sure everyone's feelings were happy-go-lucky. Most of the time it was making the hard decisions. Arturo did not like the idle on decisions. He considers shoving past Dakarai for a long moment and leaving because, truly, he is no mood to go around and around on what he has already decided. The only amendment he can offer is that The Family would decide what should be done about this mess as it should be and how severe the punishments would be if his paw should be forced. Aside from that, Arturo does not wish to speak of it at all but he remains still, his eyes: red-orange like twin suns burning as he stares Dakarai down, and slightly lifts his chin in dominance. So speak, his posture silently commands. Walking away from it — despite how entirely exasperated Arturo is with the whole situation — would only prolong things and Arturo wants it to be done. His duties as a husband, a father and as Ceannasach did not stop just because of drama and Arturo found that he would rather like to get back to the normality of his life and leave the drama far behind him in that same place he dumped Riptide.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Dakarai merely sighed and dropped his gaze, going through the process of submission once more "You misunderstood Ceanassach. I said if you would be so inclined." he said softly as he curled his tail beneath his legs. He would speak honestly if allowed, even though he knew that Arturo would screw his words up and take them offensively. If the man had any intention or ill feelings toward Olive's litter he would uncover them, for it was Ceannasach who could have outright said no, Ceannasach who gave them a choice. Dakarai did not waltz off and screw his wife to disregard his leader's decision no matter what the cold hearted and assholeish man had thought.
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Only after you made your demand, Arturo thinks but does not speak aloud. He tires of going around and around and he does not seek to argue. Arturo waits for Dakarai to speak but it seems to the gangster that he intends to say nothing more than to correct Arturo. It hadn’t occurred to Arturo that he would have to pry the words from Dakarai’s mouth: for her remained and he was listening because he is the head of the Family, he is their patriarch and it is his job to listen no matter how irritated and betrayed another had made him feel. The gangster is not a man to make his intentions unclear when it comes to Teaghlaigh. The Family is his top priority and he does not desire misunderstandings between him and The Family and so he is transparent and he is honest …even if he shares an unpopular opinion with others; above all Arturo is consistent. The threat of war, a second trifle with Blackfeather Woods (for when Dakarai fled from them bleeding everywhere was the first reason why they could move against Teaghlaigh who’d harbored him) for Arturo knows that if it were he, he would not sit idle. He would march to the pack that the trespassers belonged to and make his demands like a crime lord and he automatically expects Blackfeather Woods to do the same. Unless they have been exaggerated and they (blackfeather woods) are not half as fearsome as Arturo has been led to believe.

“I am listening.” Arturo informs Dakarai, inviting the ebony man to speak with well practiced patience though he feels anything but within.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
"Very Well. From what i see in your behavior you do not like me. I dont care about what feelings lay between us, but i also dont appreciate being treated like I do nothing right for the family. It seems that you are disappointed with me and Olive for having children, when it was you who allowed the choice to happen." he stated the first issue as bluntly and openly as Arturo phrased his own words, though his eyes were lowered to the ground as he spoke and his posture was nothing but respectful.

"The issue at Blackfeather was not in my control. it was Olive who trespassed. That being said would you have had me leave her there to die? To be torn to shreds while i ran like a coward? There was no right decision there and i have no regrets in saving my wife's life." he continued with a level voice, intending to get through the whole span of his grievances and woes in one sitting so that he could take whatever Arturo thought about it in whole.

"Third, I beg you to tell me openly if you have anything against my children. If so i need to know so i can figure out a plan on how to handle it. I wont do anything against the family of course, but me and Olive need to know if you plan on treating our kids like you despise them" The last issue was the biggest for him and he couldnt control the hardening in his tone as he spoke about it. He needed to know if Arturo meant his children any harm, because he would figure out how to save them at any cost.
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
i wrote you a novel, haha. no need to match the length! <3

It is true that several times in his ire at Olive and Dakarai that he has thought that he does not give a fuck about their children — for Olive’s foolish actions had put them directly in danger from Blackfeather Woods and he cannot help the ‘well if they don’t care then why should I’ attitude that inspired within him — but was there true weight in that thought or was it simply borne of his annoyance and his desire to ensure The Family’s safety while others so carelessly did not give thought to it? As far as the Fearghal monarch could recall he’d never hurt a child in his life. Arturo is a father first and foremost. He had known he would be a father long before he knew his mother would promote him. The gangster is softer around children, perhaps on the belief that they are his only redemption ark. His own or others it does not matter: and that should be obvious enough with Chusi. She was his daughter in every way that counted to him despite that she was not from his own loins. “I am not disappointed in the fact that you and Olive had children, Dakarai.” Arturo corrects him before he could continue. “I am disappointed at how carelessly Olive disregarded their lives by trespassing in Blackfeather Woods and I am disappointed in the fact that it potentially put The Family at risk.” Arturo speaks truthfully, hiding the exasperation he feels at the whole ordeal. He does not understand why Olive and Dakarai think him the villain in this situation when they had started all this and Arturo is facing the looming sword that he will likely have to try to end it before it erupts into all out war with Blackfeather Woods. The worst part is, that this is Dakarai’s second offense of trespassing on their borders; why either of them thought it would be a good idea was beyond Arturo’s comprehension.

“I feel that you and Olive do not understand the weight of the privilege of being able to breed. Originally, my intention was not to let anyone breed until Teaghlaigh has survived it’s first year,” Somewhere his mind had changed from winter to a year until …it changed again. “And though you are still new in the eyes of The Family Olive isn’t. She has been beside me through thick and thin and I wanted to do that for her, wanted to show my faith, my trust, my gratitude if it is what she wanted, but there has to be some give and take. My condition was that you were both to help me recruit so that our litters would not suffer and our children would not die from lack of resources.” Arturo stands by it still; but if the children are the balance between life and death of Teaghlaigh …he likes to think that he can do what is necessary though deep down he knows he could never intentionally take a child’s life. He is too weak to do that but he does not expect Dakarai and Olive to know that. “As it stands Olive’s injuries might have affected your children more than she knows. Some or all might be born still. It was stupid.” Plain and simple. “I would have rather Olive didn’t make the foolish decision in the first place,” Arturo is honest as he speaks, his salmon pink tongue drawing across his jowls. His jaw clenches for a long moment as his bones work in tandem with one another as he thinks, as he listens. “Let me ask you, in turn, if you were in my position, if Lotte and I had trespassed into Blackfeather Wood’s pack and returned covered in wounds: what would you do? I understand why it was done, I would have ran into the flames that day for Lotte if it meant I could save her even if it meant burning alive myself,” He has never told anyone that: not even Lotte. He runs off the assumption that his nightingale knows that he would, that he loves her that much (but this is mostly because he is not overly poetic with his words). “but every one of us in Teaghlaigh is representative to this Family and sometimes our choices might bring The Family into danger. So, what would you do in my position? Would you feel that Lotte and I should deal with some sort of consequence for it?” He asks because he wants Dakarai to truly think about it: to think about what he would do if he were in Arturo’s position. Perhaps Dakarai would not think that if Blackfeather Woods showed up it would mean punishment but then again Arturo understands they are two very different people.

Arturo offers Dakarai a heavy sigh but does not respond right away. He thinks about how Olive doesn’t like to be confined but children were confining — they needed stability in their lives. Arturo had thought that the two of them were ready to be parents and now he is not so sure. “I will not harm your children, Dakarai. I spoke that they could come into the world and if nothing else I am a man of my word.” Besides the fact that he adored children and that by allowing other couples to breed this broadens the pool that he can choose from as his Heirs as opposed to just choosing his own children time after time but Arturo does not feel so inclined as to show that much of himself. “I do not despise you Dakarai,” Arturo begins, returning to Dakarai’s first comments. “If I did I would have never let you in Teaghlaigh in the first place,” He comments, the smoky timbre of his voice simple. “I am not yet sure what to make of you, admittedly. You must stop trespassing in other pack territories, for your own sake and for Teaghlaigh’s,” Besides Teaghlaigh had no real medic and there was a heightened liability for infection and potential death. “I am hard on you. I am hard on you because Olive has become like a little sister to me and she is heavily influenced by you and what you do.” He can’t help but be protective over Olive and he is protective over her in the same way an older brother is protective when his baby sister brings home a bad boy. This is not easy for Arturo to admit but he knows that if he wants any hope of him and Dakarai being able to understand one another then he was going to have to be transparent about himself.

“We do not have to be opposing forces Dakarai. I want our children to grow up surrounded by a tight knitted Family, not a Family at war with itself.”
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Dakarai listened to Arturo speak in silence, the calm and logical words slowly bringing him down from his emotional state until all that was left was sadness and shame. He had never intended to get Injured and lose his memory, to put Olive into the situation where she had to put everyone -not only their children,herself, and him- in danger to jolt his mind back to health. "I know what I would do, I would be disappointed that My wife had not returned to the family for help instead of taking extreme measures and putting everyone she knew in danger. And i would aldo be mad and feel betrayed." he said openly, slowly shaking his head.

Oddly enough he began to cry and grimaced at the embarassing display of stress and emotion "I had lost my memory of Teekon entirely, I only remembered my Deceased Wife and Children. I had to relive the fact that they were murdered again, Olive told me that. Even when i couldn't remember Olive I loved her,I loved her entirely. When I saw her run into Blackfeather with the whelp on her heels, I literally saw Oxsana and my Children's dead bodies." His voice was thick and trembling as his tears ran freely down his soft cheeks, turning his head away from Ceannasach in an attempt to hide it.

"It was never my intention for this to happen, I didn't even know who Blackfeather Woods was until I saw Abraxas- the whelp- attached to Olive's hind leg. At that point it was already too late." he sighed heavily, loweing himself to ground as he felt sick suddenly. In his mind he couldn't contemplate how Blackfeather Woods could make a ligitimate reason to attack teaghlaigh, for they had already beaten him nearly to death and attacked his pregnant wife as well. Looking at Arturo he stated such "They have no logicial or Ligitimate reason to attack do they? Their fight is not with you all but with me. They punished me enough to satisfy themselves, they would never had let me go if they wanted more from me" he said calmly, though his face was filled with doubt. He gave Arturo a hesitant look, his eyes still falling below the Leader's eyes as he responded "Knowing Blackfeather they might just want more blood on their paws. If they come here...please just hand me over. I do not want Olive and my children, or your wife and your children to be hurt" he said sincerely.
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Dakarai’s response was not an exact answer to his question but the point was made and Arturo is not inclined to push. It seemed the pair had reached …something of an understanding and that was what was most important. Dakarai speaks of his experience with amnesia and it causes a quicken in Arturo’s heart pace. He, too, suffered with selective amnesia where he developed a split personality of Riptide. He does not recall what he had done or said as Riptide but even the thought of the parasite bring a trill of fear to Arturo’s spine. He does not want to poke nor prod at that for the fear that the parasite would make a return. That he is not truly as gone as Arturo believes him to be. All he knows is that Riptide is him but is also not him and he does not wish to ever repeat it. He does not want Riptide to ruin everything he has nor chase away any semblance of happiness he holds closely to him. Arturo is at a risk to lose everything if Riptide would ever return: Lotte, Chusi, his children, Teaghlaigh. So he shies away from thoughts of Riptide like a skittish animal shies away from everything.

But he braves through the it only long enough to speak as vaguely as he dares, because he does not want to be Dakarai’s enemy. He is a stern leader, and he is resolute in his laws and though he understands the Family will not always agree nor like what he has to say he will stick by what he feels is right nevertheless. Arturo has never been fickle and has no intention to start now. Still, that does not mean he wishes for his wolves to think him a tyrant. He is to be respected but not feared of The Family. “I suffered from selective amnesia for a bit, when I fell from Ravenshook Cliffs.” He speaks, taking in an uneven breath. He is clearly uncomfortable speaking of it but he hopes that it might make a bridge of having something similar to one another. “As my head healed from the injury it created this parasite that called itself Riptide, a split personality. I lived with this for several months, never sure if I would be me or if I would be him.” To the mercy of Blackrock Depths, as to which Arturo’d never had the chance to pay Skellige back for which was unfortunate because his gratitude is still great and humbled despite that the Leviathan is long gone from the Wilds. He is not sure the chances of Dakarai having regained his memory so quick after losing it but he thinks that he must be very fortunate indeed. At one time, Arturo had feared he might never be whole again, destined to suffer as a broken thing for the duration of his long life. In many ways, Arturo thinks he is fortunate that it was not the case.

“I do not know,” Arturo speaks honestly, because he knows nothing of Blackfeather Woods than what he has heard. “I do not know anything of them, nor of their leaders. Only what you have told me.” Arturo is honest, and rather thinks that Dakarai, out of all of them should know the answer to that. “but I like to be prepared for any eventuality. They may come to our borders and they may not, but this time is different than the first time you trespassed. Both you and Olive carry my and Teaghlaigh’s scent. That is reason enough for concern.” The gangster does not make it a habit to underestimate nor assume about packs he has no knowledge of. “If they come, I will speak with them and from there we will decide what to do; that is all I can do.” But he cannot prepare from what might come from talking, if it comes to be at all. He can only make vague preparations as it is. He cannot make a promise to turn Dakarai over — for he has no idea if that will be enough for the Blackfeather Woods. They are a wild card in this possible equation.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
For the first time in...well ever Dakarai was able to see a relatable side of Arturo as he explained his Amnesia with little detail. He saw how uncomfortable it made Ceannasach, and found himself grateful that the man would share this with him. He nodded and found himself even more grateful that he had only reverted back to his old self, instead of developing a parasite such as Arturo mentioned. As the subject turned back to Blackfeather Woods, Dakarai straightened up slightly and listened intently. The answer was one he expected, and something he found himself able to accept. "Whatever it comes to, I want you to know that i will fight, or turn myself over if it comes to it." he promised sinceely.

The only concern he had was that if it came to a fight, he knew that Teaghlaigh as it is now, would never be enough to stop Blackfeather. Feeling the need to mention it he drew in a deep breath "I would suggest we try to avoid fighting at all costs. Teaghlaigh as it is now would never be able to take on Blackfeather woods. I am not saying we are weak or uncapable but we would be outnumbered by a great disadvantage." he offered hoping that Arturo would not take his suggestion to offense. In fact Ceannasach probably already expected such a thing, or so Dakarai hoped.
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
i think we can wrap this thread up real soon! <3

“No one will fight,” Arturo tells Dakarai with a command in the deep, smoky accented timbre of his voice. That was not up for debate or discussion. Arturo will do what he does best: he will attempt to manipulate, to take a situation which felt impossible and try to twist it to Teaghlaigh’s advantage. He is not sure how successful he will be if that time comes to fruition but he will try. “To attack them will be an act of war, and as you redundantly pointed out: we are in no state for war.” Arturo’s lips are terse. He does not enjoy Dakarai giving him suggestions, especially when it remains his and Olive’s fault in the first place. “Yes, we are at a disadvantage, a very grave one.” Do you feel the burden of all the lives within this Forest, all the lives that are yet born on your and Olive’s shoulders? Is it a crushing burden, Dakarai? Arturo thinks because the burden should belong to them and not anyone else. They brought this here, they stirred a hornet’s nest and wanted to come back, insulted and affronted that they are blamed; but the blame belongs to them and them alone. Despite how the two convince themselves they are not the victims. They had brought Blackfeather Wood’s punishment upon themselves, but they are potentially bringing the wrath of a stronger pack down upon Teaghlaigh who is the true victim in all of this. “I will do what I can to clean up the mess,” Arturo says grimly. “It may not be enough but I have no choice but to try.” He is discontent. He did not want this, did not expect it but it is a heavy possibility staring him in the face.

Arturo only knows that this will be the last time he does this. If he does not sanction a crime then he will disassociate Teaghlaigh from the wolf responsible from here on out. He has kicked wolves out of The Family for far less and he understands the discontent that some of his wolves feel …but this is the last time. The next time there would be no mercy. Only detached justice. He must protect The Family at all costs, even if it means casting out Family members that did wrong. Hopefully, this is a lesson learned. Not just for the pair responsible but for all of The Family. “I cannot know what to expect until they come. I will handle it as it comes but as I said no fucking fighting.” It was not just for Dakarai: it stands for all of Teaghlaigh who rallied to the call of their enemy. They needed to hang back and let Arturo Fearghal do what he did best: work his gangster charm and magic and hope that it is enough.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
last from me!

The commanding tone from Arturo made him lower himself instinctively, and he nodded. When Arturo spoke about cleaning the mess Dakarai once again felt a sharp stab of crippling guilt. Nobody but him should have to clean up this whole clusterfuck, Olive had only known about Blackfeather woods because of him, and for that this whole mess had started. "Yes sir. Understood" was his response, equally as grave as Ceannasach's.