Duskfire Glacier Siuppuk
11 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
@Chulyin
Title means "singing bird"
[giggles]

[table width=80%][tr][td]

Beautiful. The land her young relative had lead her to was the most beautiful thing Negiliq had seen in the south. Not only did the great glacier lend a feel of home, but the surrounding forests were as much northerner as they were abundant, and the streams of melting inter and fields of blooming spring flowers talked about the power of change that the elder had been looking for. She was thankful, for having been destined to find Chulyin, and proud of how brave she'd been.

There had been enough time for Negiliq to adjust, but although it wasn't customary of her culture, she knew she had to find a place to den if they were to root in the chosen territory. Slowly, painfully so, did the old woman look for signs of abandoned holes as the forests grew closer to the mountainside, but she did not expect to have as little luck as to reach the glacier before finding anything. Frustrated and tired the Inuit elder carefully dropped her weight right next to the lake formed by melted glacier, it standing tall and imposing to her right as she stared off into the southern landscape, and her, nostalgic about her home and husband but grateful for having the opportunity to see what laid beyond those stark ice-lands.

[/td][/tr][/table]
Negiliq Speaks Inuttut fluently, whilst her English is thickly accented.
Colored dialogues are Inuttut and Darker dialogues are in English
A t t u a n n i k
16 Posts
Ooc —
[table][tr][td valign=center] [/td][td]
The thread hasn’t even really started, and I’m sitting here muttering “ogawd” over and over, omfg.

Much time went into establishing herself as a constant presence upon the mountain, ensuring that it was always with her scent. Although it was not her sole responsibility to protect those that she thrived with, she felt it to be. The presence of her elderly relative served as fuel to the fire that was this belief, knowing that the woman had less time left than any of them. The fact that she had made the journey south from as far north as they lived had been a pleasant surprise, but Chulyin refused to tempt both the Gods and Goddesses. At any time, Negiliq’s soul could be carried away by Pinga, and so the yearling worked hard to ensure that the days she had left would be worthwhile. Whilst doing so placed a multitude of extra work on her shoulders, she believed that every extra step was worth it.

Traversing the territory eventually delivered her to the shores of the lake, where she stumbled across the very same woman she worked to keep well. It was with a smile that she called out to her, saying, Salutitsinik, Negiliq. Within several breaths worth of time the distance between them was lost, replaced by familial affections and a lazily swaying tail. Aujattuk, she noted, the warming of the weather easily noticeable. PiugiKaven? She wondered if the warmer weather would be better for the elder, or if the unfamiliarity of it all would bother her.
[/td][td valign=center] [/td][/tr][/table]
Please note that I will only be providing hover translations for characters that speak Inuttut.
Adopt an Apaata.
11 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
[table width=80%][tr][td]

Negiliq leans forward to lap at the cold water, and the refreshing sensation that slips down her throat prompts a relieving sigh before the old woman lays back again comfortably. There is simply everything she could ever need in her life down south, and despite her longing for seeing her children and husband again was strong, she knew she could do without them and them without her. Down south she had adventures she could never have dreamed of if she'd remained in the north, not even if she was still a young maiden, and she owed it all to Chulyin.

Negiliq smiles when she becomes aware of her young relative's presence, and the wrinkles above her eyes roll down over her eyelids. Chulyin, my dear! she gasps, and her lazy tail wags a friendly greeting. I love it! The warmth, the colors... I would have never dreamed of this up north, she shares, her frail voice reaching joyful frequencies. The glacier does remind me of home, though... she adds thoughtfully, nostalgically too, and stares away into the blue and silver streaks that color the great ice mountain.

... Suddenly her throat starts making a beat. A gentle, whisper of a beat that grows stronger as her head turns around with a coy smile. It was an invitation, a game that she knew Chulyin had a talent for and that would surely make it feel a lot more homely for both of them even if for the most ephemeral of moments.

[/td][/tr][/table]