Duskfire Glacier I always thought I was the stronger one
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
All Welcome 
@Hawthorn and maybe @Sylvas Streiter ? Anyone is welcome to find him.
Kieran sat, eyes blank, face emotionless. There was no expression on his face, and he spoke no bitter words, only remained sitting, his tail curled neatly around his hind legs. He simply stared at nothing particular, and he seemed almost ghost-like. There were barely any movements coming from the boy other than small breaths, the gentle rise and fall of his ruffled chest.

She's gone. They're both gone.

He former heir had never felt so hollow inside. What was he to do now? His mother, his sister, they were gone. It was only him and his father. And Hawthorn, if he didn't leave with Rose. Though if he did, he couldn't blame the older boy. Sorrel had vanished - had it been Kieran's fault? Had he done something wrong? And his mother. The very thought of her had brought tears to his eyes. Though now, he was still, no tears left to cry.
English * French
Family is not an important thing. It is everything.
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
I'm sorry it's crappy, I've had so many distractions this end lately <3

Everything seemed to be spiralling downward for the former wolves of the court republic, one tragedy occurring after another and the male couldn't help but let out a grief-stricken sigh as he wondered. The disbandment of the pack was endurable, but the loss of his wife and the disappearance of his daughter? All in one day? That was too much for the brute and Sylvas' knew deep down his heart couldn't take it, but the mercenary knew that he had to remain strong for the others, most importantly for his son. Kieran was the only family he had left now and Sylvas couldn't imagine what was going through his son's mind. Inside, the brown male knew he was screaming loud with grief, regardless of the front that he put on, for the mercenary knew he couldn't allow himself to break, not when others depended on him.

With an expressionless look across his face, Sylvas sought out his son, his now dull golden eyes searching the area till they finally fell upon a small, brown figure up ahead. For a second, Sylvas paused, his gaze looking at his son as he sat still, blank faced and near emotionless, just like himself. The sight of this, watching as his boy sat there in such a state ripped him apart, the male's vision slowly began to blur as tears threatened to form, Sylvas then gave his head a vigorous shake, large paws gradually guiding him toward Kieran till he finally came to sit beside him. He was silent as he sat, his mind unable to find the words to console the boy, though gently, Sylvas pressed his side against the pup in some form of comfort as a heavy sigh escaped his muzzle, ”I'm sorry.” He said, almost croaking as his head dropped some, ears flattening against his skull as gold eyes looked to Kieran.
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
The boy's stony-faced silence was interupted when his father came and sat beside him. Kieran did not mind, in fact it gave him a little comfort, knowing that Sylvas was there for him too. Though when he apologised, the former heir shook his head. "It wasn't your fault." He blamed his father for nothing - he probably felt a similar way to Kieran. Was this how Hawthorn had felt too?
He remained silent for a while, a small sigh escaping his jaws. Sorrel. What had become of his sister? Were was she? Why had she left? Or had she been kidnapped? The boy leaned his head against his father, closing his eyes. Would he ever see Sorrel again?

His eyes seemed more dull than they had once been. Like the spark in him had faded slightly. Though, that was life, right? You lost some people and gained some more. Death was a part of life just as birth was. It was an odd thing, how Kieran's thoughts held more resemblance to an adult mind than a pup's. He wanted to be a therapist, right? A counselor. So he had to get up and stop moping around, right? The brown boy shook his pelt and stood up, turning to lick Sylvas' shoulder. The former prince was growing fast, his adult pelt was already beginning to show through. And he felt like an adult. Having to cope with all this death and misery around him. But he would survive through it. He would defend his living family and one day, he would find Sorrel. He refused to accept that she could be dead.

"When do we leave?" Kieran knew they would leave soon, head for a new pack. They needed to, they were unable to survive on their own for now. It was a good thing that Kieran was able to eat meat like the other wolves now, so he didn't have to rely on milk. Especially now that his mother was gone.
English * French
shadowhunter
60 Posts
Ooc —
Hawthorn hadn't left, not yet, at least. His thoughts were torn between his sister who was the only remaining link of his blood family, and that of Kieran, who was part of his new family, the family whom he'd chosen and vowed to protect. But blood was thicker than water wasn't it? That was how the saying went, but Haw, who's family had betrayed and left him, wasn't quite sure he believed it any longer. Nor, if he was being honest, did he want to believe it. Family, the shadow decided, was something he could choose.

And so with that thought in mind, the shadow went to find his friend. Kieran was with his father, Hawthorn soon saw, and a bitter look flitted briefly over his features before filtering out into nothingness. Kier had lost his sister and his mother; now was not the time for petty jealousy. Still, Hawthorn wasn't sure if he should approach and ruin this father-son moment, so he lingered by the edge, biting his lip in indecision.

Stop this. You have his back, remember? 

The boy padded forwards then, and after greeting Sylvas with a respectful nod, he turned his gaze on Kieran, concern reflecting in his brilliant blue orbs. "I'm sorry for your loss," he stated, quite formerly to the both of them, but his eyes lingered on his friend, rather than the father, and he bit his lip uncertantly - still a child at heart. Silence. Right, he might be interrupting something.

"I'll just go then, shall I?" he said after a pause, biting back the nervousness that he felt. He wasn't welcomed, he felt, and if that was the case, he should probably leave. Go with Rose...?
if you can't fly, then run;
if you can't run, then walk;
if you can't walk, then crawl;
even if you have to crawl, gear up
aim your gun! ready! fire!

Mercenary:
0/5
Caregiver/Medic: 0/5

(always open for threads)
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
Sorry for the wait and crappy post

The mercenary watched as his son shook his head, ears arching at the sound of Kieran's reply. It may not have been his fault, but Sylvas couldn't help but feel that if he had been around more, then maybe all could have been avoided. He'd been too busy patrolling the lands of their new home that he hadn't given his family the attention they needed.

A sigh escaped his muzzle in sync with the boy and Sylvas peered down to Kieran as he leant his head against him, slowly he lowered his muzzle to place a soft lick to Kieran's head. Sylvas closed his eyes for a moment before reopening them to look toward the sky, ”Even though you're mother has left this world..” Sylvas paused, feeling a sharp twinge within his chest as he tried to muster the rest of his sentence, ”I'm sure she's watching over you.” His amber eyes glanced down to Kieran as a large paw was then carefully placed around the boy, in the form of a comforting hug.

'When do we leave?' At the sound of these words, Sylvas looked out across the terrain, his light-pink tongue escaping his muzzle as he pondered more on his son's question. In truth, Sylvas wasn't sure when they would leave, or where they would even go for that matter, but he had to protect those who were left. He'd failed his wife and daughter, he couldn't fail Kieran and the others, not now. ”I don't know son, but soon.” He said softly as he looked down to the boy, though his attention was soon stolen by the arrival of Hawthorn. Sylvas offered the prince of the glade a respectful nod in return, quietly observing as he then gave his condolences to the pair, ”Thank you, Hawthorn.” The brute offered a meek smile, eyes looking to his son for the moment before returning to gaze back at the night colored male, though the mercenary's chocolate brown ears twitched as he caught Hawthorn's caring question and Sylvas gave a quick shake of his head, ”You don't have to leave, Hawthorn.” Sylvas said as he slowly peered down to his son before returning his gaze to Hawthorn, ”I'm sure someone would prefer it if you stayed.” He offered a small smile, skull lowering as he gave Kieran an affectionate nudge. Both of them had experienced so much in such a short time that Sylvas figured they could confined in one another and maybe even help each other grow.
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Kieran glanced up at his father again, and then shifted his gaze to his paws. "And you. She'll be watching you too. And.... And Sorrel." A flicker of sadness was evident in the young boy's eyes, though he blinked and the threatening tears were pushed back. At the familiar voice of Hawthorn, Kieran turned and gave a smile. "Hey, Haw." He was glad his friend had come, despite how awkward he looked standing there. "Please don't go. I need you here." The former hier padded up to him and touched his nose to the bigger boy's shoulder in greeting, hoping to seek comfort. He knew now some of the things Hawthorn had felt, and he was even more guilty remembering the arguement they had. 

Kieran shook his pelt, ridding himself of such thoughts before gazing up into his friend's eyes. "Are you... are you coming with us? Or.... going with Rose?"
English * French
shadowhunter
60 Posts
Ooc —
sorry for the late reply

Hawthorn glanced up briefly in surprise at Sylvas's words, then allowed the smallest of smiles to grace his features as he turned to look at his friend. Hearing his words, the smile grew, though it quickly vanished when he remembered what situation and circumstances he was in. At Kier's touch, Hawthorn nipped at his guard hairs affectionately, then proceeded to lick his cheek in what he hoped to be a comforting manner. He'd never been one to be particularly good with comforting and affection, but for Kieran's sake, he would do his best.

Haw cleared his throat. "I'm not leaving," he started, then looked at his paws. "If you want me to stay, that is."

Mercenary:
0/5

223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
Sylvas smiled slightly at Kieran and gave him a small nod of his head in agreement, ”I'm sure she's keeping Sorrel safe too and maybe even guiding her back to us...” The mercenary winched inside at the thought of his daughter out there, lost and alone within the wilderness, though hopefully, just hopefully she was safe and would soon return back to them.

Remaing quiet, the brute observed as Kieran approached and conserved with his friend, his tail giving a flick behind him as he caught his son's question to the raven colored boy. Curiously, Sylvas' amber eyes glanced over toward the former prince of the glade, his ears pricking forward at his surprising response. The male couldn't help but let a smile gradually form across his maw, a sense of warmth filling him as he watched the pair proudly.

The mercenary slowly lifted himself from his haunches and licked his muzzle before clearing his thoat, ”You and you're sister are more than welcome to stay with us..” Sylvas said, ”The decision is down to you both.” He said softly. Peering around, Sylvas gave his head a bow to the boys, muzzle parting as he added, ”For now, I have to find Heartha and make plans on where we will go now..” He sighed some as he began to take his leave, though his head turned to the pair as he offered a small smile, ”I shall catch up with you both soon though..” And with that, Sylvas jogged off to begin his search for Heartha.

Crappy post and Sylvas has left the two of them to talk and find Heartha - obviously! x3
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
A wave of relief washed over the boy as Hawthorn replied. Kieran had been worried that his friend might leave him. Of course, he knew that the bond he shared with Rose must be strong - Kieran had felt his own bond with Sorrel, and still did, despite his sisters disappearance. "I would love for you to stay, Haw..."

He needed someone to stay beside him. Sure, he had his father, but he was older and could not be with Kieran all the time, since he had other things to do. Like planning where they were to go next. Speaking of his father, Kieran heard Sylvas say that Rose was welcome to come too. No doubt, the boy was open on whether the former princess wanted to come, but he felt a prickle of doubt. Rose hadn't ever taken an interest in Kieran or Sorrel, nor did she appear to like them very much. If anything, she would probably leave and go her own way.
English * French
shadowhunter
60 Posts
Ooc —
"Then...." Haw cocked his head, allowing the suspense to drag on, before a cute grin spread over his lips and he smiled. "If that's what you want, I'll stay," he told Kieran, lifting a shoulder in a shrug as the corner of his eyes crinkled and his nose scrunched up. Though his bond with Rose was strong - she was family, after all, and their bond was that of blood, reinforced by betrayal, tragedies, lies and death. God, he would give his life rather than see her hurt, but for some reason, his heart told him to go with his new friend; his heart said that Rose was fine alone, independent as she was, and that Kier needed him more.

Either ways, he was staying. And Hawthorn was happy about that. "Are...you alright?" Hawthorn cleared his throat and glanced at his friend hesitantly. He'd gone through death and betrayals before, but he supposed that every wolf's reaction to it was different, and as Kier seemed more of the sentimental type, Haw assumed he would be more affected than he himself had.

Mercenary:
0/5

Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Kieran felt a rush of relief when his friend agreed to stay. "...Thank you, Haw," He was, other than Sorrel, the only friend that Kieran had. To hear that he would stay gave the former hier a spark of hope for the future. He did not have his sister with him, but he had his father and his best friend. He was not alone.

The boy nodded slowly. "I'll be... okay." He just needed time. He would find his sister one day, that much was a promise. His mother may be gone physically, but she was still with him. As long as Kieran remembered, she would be there.
English * French