Ankyra Sound secret recipe
the wanderer
106 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
All Welcome 
Hoping for a nerd that Gabe hasn't met yet, but anyone is so so welcome!

Gabe trotted along the forest of the sound, getting used to the weird giants that the Sisters called trees. Back where he came from, trees were much smaller than these sequoias, they had pine needles and short brittle branches. Or sometimes the Vanuccis would go south, where there were either plains or thick green trees, close to the ground and covered and strong weaving limbs like monsters with a thousand arms. But here by the coast, most of the trees were just tall, thick logs, and up at the top sat all the leaves, letting some sunlight through. He wondered if the area would be more thickly vegetated in spring, or if the trees were always this barren.

He didn't mind however, he wasn't one to judge new things too quickly. The arctic boy stopped to sniff every tree, and lap at every trickle of sap that he saw. He was having a mighty fun time actually, not even the twilight's darkness could stop him.
lights • cameraaction
144 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Since speaking with Akantha, Indie had become ever more curious about this ocean. Before her time on the coast, the swarthy woman had never even seen the sea and found it to be quite fascinating — if not a little uncomfortable. Here, the ground was comprised of rock and sand and added another level of difficult to everything. Salt water was also a new concept to her and the starlet disliked how the salt collected in her plush, full pelt and made her sticky. But there was something about the sea she did like, and that was swimming. Indie liked being free from the bonds that tied her to the earth; and within the slowly lapping tides that she could experience this true freedom. The water massaged her muscles and soothed her body, cleansing her and refreshing her, especially as the weather was continuing to warm. 

But despite this love for swimming, Indie had still not made it more than several feet into the water. The woman could only immerse herself in the ever-moving waters so deep before she became distressed at how small it made her feel. Indie hated to think of herself a small, but the far reaching oceans dwarfed her in both size and power. But ever-objective Indie knew such trepidation would not do, so every day she practiced striding deeper and deeper into the waters and was determined to do so until the sea felt as a second skin would. Indie was in no mood for any trials by fire — no, not this time! 

That day’s practice had been a success and, determined not to push her luck, Indie plucked herself from the waters that connected with the beach of the sound. Indie widened her stance for balance and shook her wet pelt, hoping to rid herself of such heavy wetness. With a bouncy sense of pride and black fur sticking up in every direction, Indie continued towards the treeline to preen and clean herself -- but, movement in the distance! Indie immediately noticed the jolly male who sniffed the trees. Indie was in high spirits and wished for a conversation, so she chuffed and proceeded towards the male in a quite friendly manner, forgetting her typical Nereides politesse. 
“what a lovely day" says the butcher as she raises her arm 
the wanderer
106 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Thanks for joining! :)

Gabe turned from a particularly sappy tree when he heard a chuff, and he found himself facing a pretty dark furred female. He'd seen her before, at the small gathering that Akantha had called, but she definitely hadn't seemed so friendly then. He wondered if she was born a nereid, or if she was learning their culture as he was. He nodded his head in a friendly and respectful greeting. He trotted over to meet her halfway, his back hips swinging with his good mood.

Hey, I don't think we've met before but I've seen you around. M'name's Gabriel, I go by Gabe. He offered, his amber eyes drifting over the dark pelt of the other woman.
lights • cameraaction
144 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Indie wasn’t quite sure what to make of this male. He came towards her in a good natured fashion, bright eyed and bushy tailed. He greeted her — in a voice that distinctly did not reflect the thick accent of the Sirens — but Indie could have guessed from his demeanor that he was not born of their culture. Like her, her must have been fascinated by them and scintillated into joining their ranks. Even though she was new, Indie knew quite well that was not how consorts acted. Indie’s mind flashed to Thexxan, the brawny man who cowered in the dirt under Akantha’s stern gaze. Indie couldn’t say she necessarily enjoyed men like that — and since no one was around but them, she deigned to shed her Nereides skin to slip on something just a bit more… natural.

“Gabe,” Indie strode towards him and brought her long legs into a stop when she was several feet away, as if they were good friends. “It’s a pleasure. I'm Indie.” Indie lifted her gaze to look over Gabe’s shoulder from whence he came. “The trees — do they smell nice?”
the wanderer
106 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
For now it seemed, the woman was going to be a friend, and Gabe was glad for that. Glad to know that Kalika wasn't his only true friend in this pack. Of course he wasn't truly acquainted with this woman yet, but he felt that he could be, and hoped they would. She came towards him and introduced herself, Gabe smiled and nodded respectfully. Nice to meet ya Indie. He responded to her greeting. She looked over his tall shoulder to the trees behind him, the boy turned his head as well. 

When she made her comment he looked back to her, an embarrassed expression on his face. Oh haha, yeah they do. I just like the sap on 'em. He replied in a chipper tone, hoping she didn't think him too odd.
lights • cameraaction
144 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Gabe was not the only wolf to look somewhat silly during this interaction. Indie herself had just come from the ocean [practicing her swimming and strengthening her sea legs] and her thick northern's coat remained deflated from the water's leaded grasp. The thick, salt mist that pervaded the coast, Indie could do without – but it was different when the same salt water came in the form of the ubiquitous tide. When surrounded by the water, the starlet felt bouyant, weightless and free... caressed and cosseted by the currents flowing in and out, in and out, in and out. It was soothing, but the moment she stepped her long limbs out of the sea she immediately became aware of how she was plagued by the stickiness of the salt water. It stuck to her fur and it smothered silken plumage [as well as her natural vivacity, which was closely tied with her vanity]. Perhaps Indie was destined to be High Priestess, to live her days out with all four feet forever planted on the ocean floor.

But, for once, Indie did not bother to preen herself and nibble the residual brine from her coat. She was happy to have found a Drudge with some personality – some pizzaz, even if it did come in the form of sniffing trees. Indie enjoyed the presence of strong men and while Gabe didn't exactly give off a commanding vibe, he certaintly wasn't the broken thing that had fetched her a meal from the beach not long ago. So, she entertained his musings. "I heard once that the soul of a tree lives in its sap," she began, cocking an onyx eyebrow at him. This wasn't necessarily true, as Indie honestly wasn't concerned with nature and its theories [and never sought out information concerning such], but Indie was a storyteller at heart and she would always steal a chance to weave a tale.
the wanderer
106 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Gabe cocked a brow when Indie mentioned tree souls in sap, for it sounded rather ridiculous to him. Him being an atheist who believed in nothing at all, he found it hard to even think about things like that. He wasn't sure how it was going to work, the pack seemed pretty religious, but he would have to try and make it seem like he believed, for Kalika. He couldn't tell if she was joking or if she believed it, so he sort of stared at her awkwardly and let out a chuckle. That's cool. He said, looking away to shadow how dumb of a comment that'd been. 

After a moment, Gabe decided to change the subject. So Indie, you don't sound like the other sisters. Were you born here or... He asked, wanting to know more about the other woman.
lights • cameraaction
144 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Gabe didn’t respond well to her farcical story of the trees, so Indie dropped it. He was a sweet boy with spirit, not seemingly broken like most men of the Nereides used to be. However, he was new — Indie had spent some time with the Sirens before Game showed up, at Kalika’s behest— and knew the amazonians had a tendency to break men. And sweet men with the most easily broken.

And when he mentioned she was not of Nereides culture, she noted that he was not either. He voice did not carry the distinctive dialect and she sure did not act like one. Instead of simply responding, she decided a game was in order. There was too much seriousness on this coast.

“Oh, very well. I will tell you from where I hail…” she began and cocked a smile at him, eyes flashing with sudden energy.  Despite the buzzing inside her body, Indie continued sotto voce. “but first you must guess.” She raised her voice once again. “and then I will do the same for you, as I have a sneaking suspicion that you are an outsider as well.”​
[/td][/tr][/table]
the wanderer
106 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Gabe had no idea how to guess from where Indie came, how could he? He'd been to a few different places, but he was certainly no worldly traveler. She said she would guess where he came from if he did so. He nodded to her assumption about him being an outsider. Yeah, I'm not used to this life. I really only stay because of- He trailed off when he realized he wasn't really supposed to talk about Kalika as a friend. He eyed her nervously for a moment, expecting her to turn bristly and angry like Akantha would. When she didn't, he decided to change the subject anyway, not wanting to get in trouble.

Ok well, let's see. You're pretty, and small, and not white so I'm guessing not from the north. How about the south? He said, leaving his guess broad on purpose, a pleasant hum in his voice.
lights • cameraaction
144 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He was wrong, so wrong! But Indie found it endearing, because she could follow his logic. Indie knitted her eyebrows and sucked in breath in an exaggerated fashion, as if she was learning of her plush black pelt for the very first time. Then her facade broke in a chuckle, as Indie wasn’t currently in the throes of some theatrical production. Maybe this male was so mild that he did not inspire strategy in her churning mind, or perhaps he just didn’t provide her the opportunity as so many others did. It was refreshing, though. Here, she was simply Indie.

“Do I seem one of those froufrou ladies of the south? Don’t be deceived by the dark coat, but I am a weather-hardened northerner.” Okay, okay— that wasn’t necessarily the entire truth. But how could Indie not help but spout white lies when it made her story so much better?! It came so naturally to her at time that it surprised even the vaudevillian herself — and Indie often wondered if she would one day lose herself to her own mirage. Oh well, reality was no matter… to think of herself as a tough broad from the icelands; now that was an image that Indie could get behind!

Indie backpedaled several steps and stalked her feline body back and forth in front of the boy, pacing and examining his frame and visibly pondering his heritage. Unlike her own obsidian coat, his pale plumage was distinctly northern. “I believe you too are from the north” the chanteuse chimed after several silent moments. “…but you came from afar. You seem well traveled,” Indie said with a cant of her head, not really sure where she gleaned such a deduction.