Broken Antler Fen i've got fire for a heart
his crown was ever changing made as it was by leaves and berries of the season
228 Posts
Ooc —
[table width=85%][tr][td]
There is a palpable shift in the atmosphere and Mato feels it and interprets it as he knows how: awkwardly. She smiles as he breathes snow like a dragon but he gets the feeling that it isn’t as genuine as it could be. His ears cup back and slick against his skull as he looks back to the sky, though his attention is on her words as she whispers them and speaks of his family leaving him behind. It creates a weight on his chest as he thinks of his own family and wonders if he got stuck in the stars if they would leave him behind. He likes to think that they wouldn’t but he cannot presume to know. His shoulders slump as he thinks about it, analyzing it, trying to feel the weight of his sadness for the constellation and why he feels it. He tucks his tail close against his hind legs, curling around their path where he lays sphinx-like. It might have just been a story but it was a story with a lot of holes in it and that tickled at him. He wanted there to be a happy ending even though …well… there obviously wasn’t one. He turns his eyes up to her, blinking owl-like as he thinks, the cogs turning in his mind. He would spin this into a happy ending. He was determined to. “That can’t be all of the story,” Mato protests, giving a shake of his head as if to say that he would have none of that. He didn’t accept it as it was and so they would write a better ending. “Maybe Draco’s family tried to get to him but they just couldn’t reach the sky,” Mato says, blinking sheepishly back to the sky. “So they sent him friends that could touch the sky so that he isn’t alone and that he knows they still love him.” He looks at the sky with feverish determination, looking for any sort of familiar shape. “See? Right there at the end of Draco’s tail? It’s an owl.” Well, it was a little funny looking to Mato as he drew it out but he didn’t care. “So Draco has an old friend with him but has lots of new ones too! Maybe the Sparrow is Draco’s friend.” It wasn’t an happy ending of family being reunited but it was a lot happier than thinking Draco was all alone up there.
[/td][/tr][/table]
Messages In This Thread
i've got fire for a heart - by rip gemini - February 19, 2017, 02:01 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by Síff - February 19, 2017, 07:58 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by rip gemini - February 20, 2017, 04:52 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by Síff - February 20, 2017, 05:56 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by rip gemini - February 20, 2017, 06:32 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by Síff - February 20, 2017, 07:07 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by rip gemini - February 21, 2017, 05:17 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by Síff - February 23, 2017, 07:22 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by rip gemini - February 25, 2017, 06:38 AM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by Síff - February 26, 2017, 05:26 PM