Bearclaw Valley once upon a midnight dreary
"I' ʙɢɴ ʀ I' ɴ ʟʟ ʜʀ."
35 Posts
Ooc — Floof
Private 
[table width=80%][td][tr]
Pain. That was all that existied in the apparation's mind as she limped along, her head bowed low, ears pinned back, and right foreleg lifted slightly , clearly being favored. When her leg had been caught between the jaws of that vicious foreign woman, all Nimue could think of was getting loose, running away, avoiding the danger before her. The pain that plagued her now had been there, yes, but it was second priority to escaping, causing it to seem nonexistant at the same time. Now, far from her attacker and (presumably) safe in this new location, the adreline of fear and panic that had numbed her senses had leaked from her body, leaving her with an ever growing, ever throbbing pain in her injured appendage. She did her best to not put it down, but she wasn't accustomed to walking as a three legged wolf, so she unfortunately had no choice if she sought to keep moving. Each time she dared to lean weight on the leg, the unbearable pain would shoot up her limb again, making her airly whimper and speed up her gait so she could lean off it again; it gradually became an endless cycle of torture...

Her wide, pink eyes looked even more glassy than usual, as the panic had forced all sense and logic out of her mind. She did not "see" a welcoming environment around her, did not hear the hum of her Sister's eternal song, and as for Sister Moon herself, Nimue was hardly concious of the silvery beams that guided her path. Her mind had completely turned to something instinct driven, void of consious thought, and all the instinct did was scream about the pain in her leg, and how tired she suddenly was from walking on it. Perhaps if she found somewhere to lie down, she could put this disastrous night to rest, and wake up feeling much better, the bloody trail she was leaving behind forgotten, and the blood leaking into her ghostly pelage dried. All would return to normal, and she could wake up to not only a healed wound, but a healed mind as well.

Alas, due to Mother Sun's overbearing rays, she could not rest until she'd found a shady spot that would protect her sensitive body, and none of those seemed present... So she was forced to continue on, hoping her issue would be solved if she just walked long enough...
[/tr][/td][/table]
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
Adeline did not expect the visit to the hollow to have spurred her legs to move more. Perhaps it is simply because she feels better and her energy is returning and she feels… healthy. Normal. She’d spent some time on the borders, even caught herself something to eat, and spent a little time with Valette but the next morning she welcomed the curiosity at the door and started the routine she’d developed. It isn’t long before her legs hover the borders only to divert off somewhere along the stone wall that separates the forest and the valley.

It doesn’t take long for the girl to realize her mistake. She lifts her head to look behind her and doesn’t see much that is familiar. She blinks a few times, frozen in her steps, wishing she’d at least mentioned the desire to @Grayday before she left. All she has to do is turn around and retrace her steps and her home will be there, where it always is, but her legs seem to have forgotten how to work. They don’t bend at the joint nor lift to take a step forward to turn around.

The sound of snow crunching breaks her focus and she snaps back to attention. Another wolf is in the clearing of the valley and a streak of blood following behind her, tainting the snow a far as she can see. Her ears stand alert on her head and she takes a shaky step forward, shedding the thought of returning home, and taking a few step in the wraith’s direction. Adeline chuffs softly as she keeps a wide breadth from the stranger, hesitant to do more than draw attention to herself.
do you want to break me like you were fourteen
and someone dared you to break the law?
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
He hadn't been following her - not exactly. He'd just been looking for her at first, wanting to ask if she'd like to visit the hollow again. He'd been meaning to take the kids out ranging sometime soon, and though he knew hanging out with the pups wasn't Adeline's favorite thing to do, there was no getting around them. Day had kids and needed to be around them, and that wasn't going to change anytime soon.

So he'd been looking for her. Not following. But when he trail led out of the territory - and not in the direction she knew - Day knew that he had to investigate.

It was simple enough to track her down. Day's nose was so attuned to Addie that he was sure he could track her through the ocean, if he needed to. Luckily, that wasn't the case on this day, and he soon came upon her and yet another familiar scent.

"You again?" Day asked, trotting toward the pair with both relief and trepidation coloring his scent. He didn't know the pale shewolf very well, but she seemed harmless, so far. In fact, it seemed as though she was the one that'd suffered harm this time.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
"I' ʙɢɴ ʀ I' ɴ ʟʟ ʜʀ."
35 Posts
Ooc — Floof
[table width=80%][tr][td]
Were she of sane mind (or, rather, her version of sane), Nimue might not have thought anything of the snow crunching behind her. Might not have heard it over the sound of her own paws, or might have even relished in the idea of having some company. However, she was not of sane mind, her version or otherwise. Rather, she was enveloped in animalistic terror, so instead of bringing their usual comfort, the sound of the pawsteps behind her nearly scared the apparition right out of her colorless pelt.

The mere idea of another wolf made her mind flash back to the encounter from before, the memory then causing a dull ache to throb in her wound, followed by an airy yelp of surprise. She halted in her tracks at once and firmly planted her paws on the ground, aiming to swing her form around so as to get a good look at her pursuer/s… but, in her panic, the action hadn’t been thought through... Now a hot stab of pain flared in her injured foreleg, every nerve screaming in protest against the sudden amount of pressure applied to the damaged limb. She only had enough time to spot two vague, wolfish blurs before releasing yet another pain filled-yelp and crashing to the ground, her injured leg having given out under the unexpected weight.

Impacting with the ground now granted soreness to the sides of her body and face, coupled with the icy, bitter bite of the cold, winter snow. Her mind was a frightened haze, as portrayed by the way she yelped again and madly pawed at the ground with her good legs, as if believing the sudden movement would somehow keep her safe. Realizing this wasn't true, she whined and rolled onto her back, legs curled in and tail tightly tucked, her natural wolf behavior now taking complete control.

She was in danger! A wolf had tried to hurt her, and now two more were right here with her…! Not safe, not safe…!

Ah… but then, as she willed herself to calm down, their scents came to her… An almost ironically gentle breeze blowing past their pelts and bringing the strangers’ smells right to the ghostly woman. Those scents gave her the comfort that vision could not.

She recognized one. He was a wolf she’d met a few nights ago, and he had not been a threat then... He even called out to her now, his familiar voice proceeding to bring her more comfort. Her heartbeat gradually began returning to normal as the fear faded, and she slowly unfurled herself, body gently falling to the side facing them and tail drifting away from her stomach.

The other scent was not familiar, but she knew it wasn’t the wolf that had attacked her, which was good enough... For now...

Timidly, gingerly, she rolled back onto her stomach, snow caking her already bright white fur and wide, pink eyes gazing warily up at the creatures before her. The three good limbs were tucked in, she but kept the bloodied, injured one stretched out, not wishing to cause it anymore harm. In a somehow softer voice than normal, she quietly greeted the two.

“Hello…”[/td][/tr][/table]
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
A lot happens and a lot happens quickly.

Grayday surprises her as he makes his approach, stopping nearby but Adeline doesn’t have much time to acknowledge and greet him properly. The stranger turns in surprise at the same time and the girl’s mouth opens to speak, to greet the stranger, but she’s on the ground and yelping in pain several times over. It’s only a few seconds and the other is on her pack in a fit of white and pink snow before she even begins to calm down. Adeline nearly rushes forward to help but she’s halted in her steps when she doesn’t have a clue what she will even do.

She turns her head to her friend with a plea across her face to do something and she shoots back to the other as she finally rolls over and greets them. Grayday seems to be familiar with her and it only adds to the confusion she doesn’t know how to voice. Several times her jaws open to speak but they snap back shut.

Eventually, she takes the first step forward to try and get a better look but she doesn’t want to startle the woman anymore or make her feel like she’s in danger.

“We’re not going to hurt you,” she assures her, noting her terrified form. Adeline swings her head back to Grayday while she remains at a loss. It is only then that she feels herself steeling in place and able to return her attention to the stranger. “I’m Adeline and this is my friend Grayday.”
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
He could smell the blood and see the red, but the extent of her injuries was still a little lost on him. He padded forward with Adeline, ready to pin the pale woman if she reacted badly to their increased proximity. She might've seemed nice at the hollow, but he didn't know her from Eden, and wolves did strange things under the haze of pain.

"We've met before," Day murmured to his companion, absent-minded as he tried to peer down at Nimue's injuries. To the woman, he said in a gentle voice, "Don't fret, now, we're here to help. What happened, Nim?"

From this distance, he could see that she'd been roughed up pretty badly, but she'd probably done a lot of damage to herself by walking around on a bum leg. Probably, she hadn't had much of a choice. "Aw, honey," he sighed, his heart sinking. She'd survive, he thought, but it tore him up to think of scared, blind little Nimue running around in such pain. Finally, he looked back to Adeline. "Do you know anything about healing?" he asked, thinking that, if she didn't, he'd rather her run back for Krypton than him. And then, more to himself than anyone else, "We ought'a get that leg cleaned up, at least."
What's Mine is Ours
"I' ʙɢɴ ʀ I' ɴ ʟʟ ʜʀ."
35 Posts
Ooc — Floof
Their calming words and friendly approaches helped Nimue imensely with calming down. The younger female assured they were not here to cause the apparation harm, and her words simply sounded too sincere to not believe. Yes... Nimue knew Grayday... Surely he would not hurt her... and this female just seemed to radiate a friendly aura, so she didn't seem like a threat either... Of course, this friendly aura was moreso just Nimue's trusting nature, not neccesarily anything Adeline had actually done. The fear finally ebbed away from the albino's being, and that frightened, animalistic look in her eyes had dissapeared comepletely, replaced by her normal dreamy look. It was okay... These were friends, not enemies.

"Adeline," she mumbled softly, acknowledging her new sister's name. Her blurry gaze then turned to Grayday, accompanied by a slowly thumping tail of recognition. "Grayday."

When Grayday asked what happened, her gaze clouded over, and the she wolf tipped her head down, nose pointed towards Grayday's legs as she thought back to what happened. "I was dacing with the Sister... and then she came. She bit me." A faint whine accented the girl's voice as she recalled this. With her mind so heavily consumed by the past, it didn't occur to her that they wouldn't know who "she" was. Her brain was just elsewhere, once more romping through the beautiful Wapun Meadow, then feeling a vice like grip clamping down onto her forearm, piercing her flesh and forcing Nimue's gods from her mind in a state of panic. Her body visibly tensed and her tail curled back in again, clearly not enjoying these memories... As for their mentions of healing and cleaning her leg, she didn't hear a thing other than the sinister voice of the femme in her past.

[/td][/tr][/table]
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
Grayday announces they’ve already met and he shoots him a curious glance. She doesn’t recall any stories about meeting someone else but she also knows he doesn’t have to tell her everything. Of course, that doesn’t mean she doesn’t want him to tell her everything. Her nose wrinkles at the thought and she knows she doesn’t really have time to address it then so she tosses it aside to reassess until a question is directed at her this time. Adeline frowns and shakes her head, feeling like there’s something she should be doing to help out the stranger but her knowledge is far from where it could be.

When Nim, as she’s introduced, begins to explain, her ears cup forward and she refocuses her attention. “She?” she blurts out without a second thought, confused by the situation. She realizes she has a lot more questions than that but she suppresses the least important ones. “Can I look at your wound?” she asks, afraid to get any closer to the scared wolf should she find her own hostility for being too near.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
A hum of displeasure passed his teeth at Nimue's frightened and frantic explanation. He wished she could be more clear, but he doubted they'd get anything useful out of her. Instead, he padded slowly forward and sniffed delicately at the fur around her wound. He couldn't see the extent of the damage, but he could smell a lot of blood - and something else. Female, mature but not elderly. There was little else to gain from her scent.

"She followin' you, sis?" he asked, though the scent was now distant up on Nimue's fur. It didn't seem like she'd be back, if the woman had allowed Nimue to escape her thus far. "How long ago did this happen?"
What's Mine is Ours
"I' ʙɢɴ ʀ I' ɴ ʟʟ ʜʀ."
35 Posts
Ooc — Floof
Flicking her ears to Adeline's question but not meeting the girl's gaze, the ghostly woman gave a slow, numb nod and timidly shifted her body, bringing the extended, injured leg a bit closer. Grayday's approach caused her to slowly shift her gaze away from the land beyond and onto his blurry grey form, every muscle in her body suddenly tensing and a soft, barely audible whine escaping her throat as he sniffed the wound. She knew he would not hurt her, but it seemed her body was still on edge. Her mind kept dancing between the horrible woman that bit her, the two friendly wolves before her, and the throbbing pain in her foreleg, and it was all simply too much to think about. She laid her head down right beside the injured leg, willing herself to mentally rest while she was examined.

She did perk up to Grayday's question, but her head remained resting on the ground, as if moving might make things worse. Her wide, red eyes turned away from them once more, desperately searching the darkness for what she could not see. Oh Sister, why could her light not shine upon everything...? Why did her lovely night have to be so consumed in darkness, hiding things that sought to hurt that friendly appartion? "I don't know," came her low murmur, her voice just a tiny bit louder than before, but not by much. "I don't think so..." The idea that her attacker could be be following caused the pale wolf's heartrate to pick up again, but she still tried to remain calm.

Now he sought to know how long ago it had been, a question that was much easier answered. "Not long ago this night... Just after the Mother took her decent..."
[/td][/tr][/table]
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
Can you describe the leg wound for me? :)

Nim gave her answer to the examination and slowly, reluctantly, extends her leg out. Adeline carefully approaches so that she does not startle her more than she has already and is slow to get close to the wound. Her nose wrinkles at the sight of it but she doesn’t really know what to do with it and she glances toward Grayday for some guidance. If she knew more, or if she’d gone to Phiipa sooner, she may have known what to do but she holds her breath in the meantime, listening to the woman speak even though she doesn’t understand what they’re being told.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday's ears flickered in frustration that bordered on annoyance, but that was the only outward sign of his changing mood. He gave a soft sigh of acceptance and glanced at Adeline, almost as if to question her about what they should do. But one look at her face told him all that he needed to know, and the male decided that he had enough to work with, at least for now.

"We need to clean up your leg. That alright, sister?" he asked gently, settling himself down near her head and smoothing a lick over her brow. To Adeline, he said: "Can you do it, or would you rather me?"

He wanted to be watching her face just in case she started getting bitey, but he also worried that Adeline wouldn't be comfortable doing such a thing, especially when Nimue's wound smelled so rank.
What's Mine is Ours
"I' ʙɢɴ ʀ I' ɴ ʟʟ ʜʀ."
35 Posts
Ooc — Floof
Grayday's gentle lick across her brow caused the small albino to tense warily, not used to such close contact aside from what had recently happened. This was... different though. It was nice, caring, and it rang bells in the back of her mind that she didn't even know needed to be rung. Bells of a distant past. She slowly relaxed once more and willingly gave into the comfort, grateful for his kindness, their kindness. In response to his question, she softly hummed "mmhmm", a small nod to accompany the muffled sound.

Her poorly sighted eyes wandered down to the wound in question, trying to see how bad it was, but blurry vision aside, she still had no knowledge about such things. All she knew was that it felt bad, that it was a dull ache in her leg and occasional sharpened to a sting, even long after the actual attack. Looking back on it, she didn't think she'd ever been hurt like this before. What did it all mean? And why would a wolf do this to her in the first place? She had done nothing wrong...

When Grayday asked whom should clean her wound, she shifted her gaze between the wolves, wanting to know who to expect the gesture from. It would be less alarming if she anticipated it.

[/td][/tr][/table]
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
The woman has gone quiet for a moment and Grayday looks to her expectantly. Adeline has to look away from both him and Nim to consider the question. It isn’t something she wants to do by the looks of the stranger’s leg but she also knows she can’t not do something. With a wrinkle of her nose, she bobs her head a few times and looks back to their new friend. “I will do it,” she says and it takes an extra bit of self-encouragement to get her to actually move. Tentatively, she puts her nose to the wound and mimics Grayday a moment early and smells it (which probably wasn’t the best idea) but steels herself and presses her tongue to the outer portion of the wound first, working from the outside to help before she makes her way to the middle and continues her work there.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday made a soft sound of encouragment but, otherwise, remained silent. He kept his eyes on Adeline's face but watched Nimue out of the corner of his eye, wanting to be ready if she suddenly decided to snap. His impression of her was that she was harmless, but any wolf would bite under pain or pressure. The male had situated himself so that he was the more convenient target.
What's Mine is Ours
"I' ʙɢɴ ʀ I' ɴ ʟʟ ʜʀ."
35 Posts
Ooc — Floof
Two ivory ears perked to Adeline's determined statement, the words coaxing Nimue to keep her gaze firmly trained on the younger wolf. She tensed when the female's muzzle came closer and closer to her wound, feeling the other's breath against her torn skin, but she fought hard to remain composed... to ignore the voice that said to squirm away, to defend herself, to not let anyone near this damaged part of her body... When the agouti youth's pink tongue slipped past her lips and began to delicately lap at Nimue's wound, she immediately felt a burning sensation rise in her delicate flesh. She squimred just slightly in response, trying hard to keep the wound still, and gave soft whimpers of pain, which only got worse as Adeline got deeper and deeper. It was okay... she was cleaning the wound... this needed to happen.... she was not attacking or doing anything bad.... The urge to fight was still tempting, causing the ghostly woman to press a bit closer to Grayday, hoping his comfort would calm her nerves until this was over. Despite the pain, it did feel good to have the debris removed, so that also helped in keep her under control. She just squeezed her eyes shut and waited for it to end.
[/td][/tr][/table]
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
When Nim began to squirm under her pressure, she lightens her tongue a little. It isn’t very effective for long but when the pale woman settles, she returns to get firm ministrations. Eventually, it began to look better but without a little water to flush out the crevices, she won’t be able to completely wash away the debris. Adeline removes as much as she can, turning to cover the entire abrasion, and eventually pulls back when it is sufficiently free from dirt and grim. She smacks her lips a few times, putting space between them to help relieve some of the tension she feels.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
The wound was cleaned without incident, with Grayday murmuring sweet nothings to the two of them, but otherwise contributing very little. When Adeline finally pulled away, he could find nothing contructive to say. 

"Um... Do you know any plant-y things for her?" he wondered, head quirking. He certainly didn't. His eyes slid uncertainly to Nimue, and then back to Adeline once more. "I would maybe soak it in a clear stream, but I don't know much other than that. I think I heard Mara say something once... uh... chervil root, I think?"

But he didn't know what that looked or smelled like. Hopefully, one of the two women would.
What's Mine is Ours