Stone Circle the greatest city in the world
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
All Welcome 
A wild caregiver thread appears! Perhaps for a puppy, if not then of course anybody is welcome!

Phiipa trotted through the trees of Pando Clone, which she'd decided was her favorite area in the whole territory. The beautiful trees, even with winter's touch, reminded her of her home. And now that Sophy and Vinnira were with her, Easthollow really did feel like a home to her. She had a den, a stash for her herbs, and a family. The only thing she was missing was a mate, someone for her to love, or at least pup's of her own. Little did she know that her first heat was on the horizon, and her wish might even come true.

The golden woman made her way to her herb stash, which she'd buried at the base of an apple tree, which dwelled deep in the middle of the sun strewn forest. She walked towards the hollow at the base of the tree and began pulling out what she had so far, preparing to take inventory.

even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
Adeline gets an early start on the day as she leaves the den. She gives each puppy a little kiss on their heads and nuzzled Grayday before she slips out of their little nook. It has grown much more comfortable in the last few days now that her energy is back and she feels normal. She feels she has much more purpose now than she had before, knowing she can contribute to the pack as she begins to learn. Herbs had begun to take an interest and hunting has always been a pleasure in the back of her mind.

The scent of another—familiar—catches her attention as Phiipa slips by her through the forest. Adeline weaves through the trees easily, far more familiar with her home now than she had been before, and noticed the girl picking through a cache of herbs. Her head tilts a little as she peers around her and then offers a curious chuff to draw attention to herself.
do you want to break me like you were fourteen
and someone dared you to break the law?
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Phiipa turned her head at the sound of a chuff, a familiar one too. She saw a small girl, with fur of tawny brown and eyes of apple green. Yes the golden female knew this girl, though she'd only met her once before. Hello Adeline! She said in a friendly tone, with a quick smile. She turned back to her cache and picked up a root, repositioning it just right, then looking back to the younger girl. Would you like to help me with my herbs here? I could teach you a thing or two if you'd like. She offered, wondering how the girl felt about Phiipa's chosen trade.

even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
The girl isn’t bothered by Adeline’s approach and instead she spins around and greats her with an excitement she hadn’t been expecting. She doesn’t get a chance to respond when Phiipa turns back to what she’d been doing and Adeline worries she missed her chance. Ever since the wolf she’d met outside the territory, she wants to be prepared if anything happens. Her tail swishes a few times and she opens her mouth to speak about her curiosity but she’s quickly interrupted by the question. She clicks her teeth shut and excitedly bobs her head—not that she’s seen—and steps a little closer to see what she’s got.

“I’d love to,” she says with a smile as evident in her words as it is on her face.
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Phiipa was glad to see how excited the younger girl was about helping. She could always use a hand in her work, and it was nice to know her helped was just as enthusiastic about it as her. She scooted over, making room for Adeline to look in the cache at her array of herbs. There were quite a few things she could show her. Roots and seeds, leaves and berries, but Phiipa's favorite remedies were the colorful ones. The petals and flowers that she'd managed to get a hold of were definitely her most favorite subject, so she'd start there. 

Since it was still winter and she didn't have too many flowers yet, she went for the marigolds, pulling them out and sitting them at Adeline's feet. Do you know what these flowers are? She asked.

even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
I had to share this: https://youtu.be/8eoqOJHl47A

Phiipa makes room for her over the cache, as if they were an audience, and she watches her pull a deep orange flower bunch and set them near her feet. Adeline drops her nose to smell them though and her nose wrinkles. The scent is faint but it isn’t entirely pleasant. Quickly, she picks her head back up and gives it a shake. “I’ve seen them before but I don’t know what they are,” she finally confesses. She doesn’t have much training when it comes to herbs or plants or things like that but she’s glad it’s changing. “They don’t smell very good,” she announces though she’s sure her newest friend is aware of it. “What are they?”
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
LMAO!!!

Phiipa smiled when Adeline's nose covered in wrinkles. Clearly the girl wasn't fond of the smell, and Phiipa wasn't fond of it either. But in her eyes, the beautiful colors of the flower made up for the pack of sweet aroma. Finally the girl confessed that she didn't know the plant, then added that they didn't smell very well. Phiipa chuckled a little, deciding that she very much liked Adeline. They're called marigolds. You can make poultice out of this and rub it on a wound, it will help to keep it from being infected.

even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
She catches the smile on Phiipa’s face and she can’t help feel on form on hers as well. The smell of the flowers hadn’t been too pleasant but when she hears about their uses, he nods. She thinks of the wolf she’d help a few days ago in the valley nearby and she hadn’t really been able to do much. If she’d known a few things like this, maybe she could have done more. “Do you use the flower part?” she asks, “or the whole thing?”
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Just the flower part, but its best to pull up the whole plant when preparing it for the cache. If it's still connected to the stem it's more likely to stay fresh longer. Phiipa said, picking up the plant then walking back to the hollow at the bottom of the tree. After placing the marigold back where it belonged, she turned to face Adeline again. Alrighty, how about you pick the next herb, anything you want out of here, and I'll teach you about it. She said with a smile, glad to see that she had a new apprentice on her hands.

even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
Adeline mentally writes everything down so she’ll remember: marigolds, infection, deep orange, flower, whole, fresh. Her ears swivel up to catch everything as they come at her and she smiles, watching the woman put the plant back in its respective spot. She stares at it for a long moment to imprint the picture but her head turns when she’s asked something. At first she feels nervous looking at the array before her but how can she pick just one to know about? What if she picks one, leaving behind another, that she might use more? Slowly, she takes a deep breath, and reaches forward to blindly pick one at random—or try too—and points with her nose. “That one.”
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Phiipa watched the girl as she did an odd eenie meenie minie moe thing and picked a random herb from her cache. Adeline's nose pointed to a bundle of green leaves, oval shaped with jagged edges. These would be fun to teach about. She grabbed the leaves and pulled them out, laying them down on the ground between the two women. These are blackberry leaves. Just like the marigold, you can make a poultice from them, except the poultice from these helps heal bee stings.

But, there's a reason why you have to be careful with these, can you tell me why? She asked, assuming the girl would've recognized how similar these leaves looked to poison ivy.

even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
Phiipa picks up the chosen plant and lays it between them. Adeline gets a better chance to inspect it and there’s a hint of sweet and sour she’s never known before. Her nose wrinkles but her tail lashes excitedly behind her as she continues on. Just as she noted the marigolds, she notes the blackberry leaves in a similar fashion, however, she has a question for her and her ears fall back against her head as she considers it but she comes up emptyhanded. With heat flushing her cheeks, she looks away and shakes her head.
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Phiipa felt a little bad when the girl looked embarrassed for not knowing. She nudged the girl with her nose, urging her to turn back around. No no, don't be embarrassed! It's not a big deal at all. She hummed with a smile, encouraging Adeline back into a comfortable mood. The shape of the leaves on these, looks a lot like poison ivy. It's pretty hard to tell them apart, so when you're looking for blackberry leaves, always make sure you spot the blackberry too. Otherwise you might no know what you're getting. She said, assuming Adeline knew what blackberries looked like. If not, maybe they could go find some.

even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
Adeline turns her head back around when she’s encouraged it is okay. Her smile is weak but it’s there and she isn’t sure how to take the information. She tries to focus on what she’s being told but she stares blankly at the leaves for several seconds, finally snapping out of it to catch the most important information. “Okay,” she says after a moment, her smile increasing. She dare not say she doesn’t know what a blackberry is but she can figure it out if she ever runs into it. They just have something extra that poison icy doesn’t. Good enough. “Thanks.”
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Adeline thanked her, and seemed to switch back into a better mood. Phiipa was relieved about that, for she didn't see how making the alpha's niece upset was going to help her get anywhere with the pack, plus she thought Adeline would make a great friend. She got the feeling that their lesson was coming to an end, and she suppressed a small yawn. Is there any other plant you'd like to learn about, or would you like to start fresh with lesson two tomorrow? She asked, her sunny yellow eyes squinted in a smile.

even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
Her eyes move from the ground to Phiipa as she speaks, pressing her lips tightly together. There’s plenty she’d like to learn about. Two plants out of the whole variety she has before her is only a tease. She’d ask for details of each and every one of them but something tugs at her, keeping her back and not letting her excitement to learn spill over. In time, she knows, but tonight is not that time. If the other wants some time alone, Adeline won’t stand in the way, and she can use the time to try and search the pack lands for the two plants she’d just learned about. What they look like are strongly imprinted in her mind, thinking over their uses and functions, she slowly shakes her head. “Another time is fine,” she says with a wide smile separating her features.
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Adeline thought about the proposition then agreed to do it another time. Phiipa smiled and nodded. Wonderful, I think I'll go for a lie down then. You're free to look through my herbs anytime  just so long as you put them back when you've finished. She said, then stood. She began walking in the direction of her den, tapping her tail on Adeline's back as she passed. Good bye, I'll see you later! She said politely then continued on her path, headed towards her den for a nice little nap.

[ooc]Last for me![/q]