Blacktail Deer Plateau Take some Time for me
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow was tired and her fur was filthy. She snorted at herself in disgust. Way to go girl getting yourself all ragged and cattywampus. You will do no one any good if you is dead. She repeated the words her father had often said to her. How she missed that man and his words of wisdom. She had never been relatively close to her mother, but her father had been her best friend.

She began to groom the sorry shape of her pelt and found a particular large knot. As she worried it between her teeth tears sprang to her eyes as she couldn't quite get it and it hurt. Oh dash it all. She murmured to herself, she lay her head down on her paws wishing for a moment she had her mother here to get the knot and soothe the hurt. She decided perhaps a nap was in order, maybe it would come undone afterwards.

She lay and watched the fluffy clouds in the sky with green eyed gaze. Her mind wandering to years of walking and stories and she spoke to herself. Once upon a time a long time ago there lived a wolf princess. Her voice began to fade as she drifted off to sleep on the hill overlooking the plains down below, her paws weary and her mind quiet.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Peregrine wandered the plateau, many thoughts passing through his mind, though he lingered on few in particular. He thought of Crete and his bastard children; he thought of the chasm between himself and Hawkeye (it was decidedly puppy-shaped); he thought of his brother and sister... but the day was too pleasant for him to brood on anything.

He thought of going back to the den and collecting some pups for a short jaunt. He turned to head in that direction. En route, the Alpha male practically stumbled over Blue Willow where she lay. Luckily, he managed to avoid kicking her. Peregrine backed up a few paces and looked down at her. He wanted to rouse her to catch up on things, especially since she was his backup now, but she looked so peaceful and he knew she'd been running herself ragged lately...

Instead, the swarthy Alpha male reclined nearby, deciding to wait out his friend's nap. Then they could go gather the pups together, perhaps, and take them on a short field trip.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow had not quite settled fully into her nap when a sixth sense caused her to wake up completely and open her eyes. She blinked eyes rapidly trying to find out who was near and her green eyed gaze came upon Peregrine. "hello there Perry.

She stretched and smiled at him "What's new pappa Perry? She teased softly. She sat and watched him silently waiting for him to answer. She didn't see any little ones today, she wondered if they were taking a nap much like she had been. It was a good day for one.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
"You look like shit," he answered her, albeit with a soft smile and a glimmer in his eye to show he was mostly joking and, in any case, he meant no offense. "I appreciate you taking care of my sister and helping us as our secondhand man—woman, rather—but if you don't look after yourself, you won't be any good to us, Willow," he chastised her softly. "I'm glad you were taking a nap, at least," he continued in a teasing tone.

He stretched and stood, the his pelt catching the sunlight and gleaming with a healthy luster. Although feeding a large family was definitely trying—especially in addition to leading a pack and raising his pups in general—Peregrine was a picture of good health. Having three adults around to raise the kids certainly helped and he thought he'd done a pretty damn good job of striking a balance with everything, if he said so himself.

A though struck him and he asked, "I haven't heaped too much on your plate with making you Beta, have I?" His swarthy head cocked, his blue-green eyes shrewd as they studied her face.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
She smiled "Thanks so much Perry for pointing out the obvious. she quipped back her eyes dancing with mirth. "All i really need is a good grooming and I will be fine. She tilted her head and smiled again as she stretched one more time and stood.

Blue Willow glared at him for a moment a little hurt that he would think so, but at the same time understanding. She averted her eyes quickly though so as to not give offense and spoke quietly "No you did not it's because I don't sleep very much. I am deeply worried about Osprey Perry I don't think she's eating and I try to watch her, but I can't watch her constantly. I can do my duties fine and I am doing fine other than a wonky pelt and some tiredness.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
"That's what I'm here for," he replied without missing a beat, smirking. "Have you ever had someone brush your fur with a pinecone? It gets out all the junk and makes it soft and shiny. I swear by it. Just ask my wife." Peregrine chortled when a thought struck him again and he remarked, "You should ask my brother, Atticus, if he'd do that for you; he's the best pine cone brusher in all the land."

When she glared at him, the swarthy Alpha male cocked his head innocently. A frown line appeared in his brow when she mentioned her concern over his sister. Up until now, he'd thought she'd been optimistic about Osprey's sickness. It perturbed him, though he decided not to worry too much. Osprey was in good hands. And though he wouldn't admit it, even to himself, Peregrine simply couldn't face the possibility of his sister being seriously ill... and so he didn't.

"Well, don't leave her alone until you see her eat," he suggested, "and I'll do the same. I am the pack's Gamekeeper and hopefully I'll add Caretaker to the ol' résumé soon. It's my job to make sure everybody's eating." He paused. "You're getting enough to eat, right?" The Alpha male gave Blue Willow a pointed look, waiting.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow chuckled at his mirth she was a bit surprised when he offered up his brother to groom her. She hardly knew the black male that came and went and had a teenage daughter. Not that she would mind of course she would do anything to get rid of these knots and let anyone brush her fur at this point. "i'll keep him in mind. She was totally clueless to the facts eluding and coloring his words. She merely thought he was being friendly, the she wolf had no clue he was trying to mate her up so to speak.

Blue Willow was not worried about the sickness she was optimistic that she could treat that, but if Osprey didn't want to eat and wouldn't eat well there was not much the female could do for her. She spoke quietly "her sickness is not getting worse I think it is a conscious choice on her part not to eat. She couldn't prove it and she wasn't sure, but she was fairly certain that Osprey was not eating unpurpose and she didn't understand why.

I do watch her, but I'm afraid that I can't watch her constantly. If you want me to do that then yes I will need some assistance from others.` She smiled at his concern and chuckled quietly "yes Perry I am getting enough I usually grab something to eat before I bring breakfast around to your den for Hawkeye and whomever else wants it. " She had been pretty diligent about bringing a rabbit or something small every morning since Hawkeye had her pups. Though she knew Peregrine was a very accomplished hunter he was gamekeeper after all, she still liked to add that extra little help in there.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
"Why on earth would Osprey refuse to eat?" Peregrine asked after a few slow blinks. Was his sister sabotaging the Healer's efforts to make her well? If so, why? Or was Blue Willow simply mistaken? The Alpha male loved, cherished and respected both women, so it made him uneasy knowing that one of them was in the wrong. Unless Osprey was still so sick that she couldn't keep food down... but Peregrine couldn't bear to contemplate that.

"Well, good," he replied distractedly. "We appreciate the gifts, by the way," he added. The mention of them actually reminded him of a passing thought he'd had recently and he decided to voice it. "We appreciate you looking out for our family. In fact, we consider you to be a part of that family. Especially after what happened to Pied and everything that came afterward, we're not exactly conventional. And the pack's small and tightly-knit. I don't want you to feel like an outsider just because you're not wearing the Redleaf-DiSarinno name. And I hope you'll let the children think of you as their aunt..."
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow frowned as she thought and spoke again I don't think it's that she is refusing so much as she is afraid too. When we are sick as long as she was and can't eat and throw everything up we begin to fear that reaction. So rather than push ourselves each time a little bit we continue to only eat a little bit, but that doesn't help it just reinforces the already mess we have. So she just has to make herself eat an extra mouthful each time regardless of whether she feels like she might puke or not. That's the only way Blue could think to explain it she did wnat to add to that though. However I can't be sure Perry she always takes her food off and eats by herself. I thought perhaps it was so I wouldn't see her throw it back up, but maybe i'll have to start asking her to stay and eat in front of me though that might upset her and that's the last thing I wish to do. Blue wanted to keep Osprey as calm as possible and happy if she could a calm happy wolf recovered quicker.

Blue Willow got a little choked up and had to put her head down a moment to collect herself. When she looked up again her green eyes were overly bright. It was nice to have a family again. She hadn't realized how much she felt like an outsider and lonely. "Thank you Perry I appreciate that more than you know. And of course they can call me Aunt I don't mind at all. She smiled then a bright smile that lit her green eyes up.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Gently, Peregrine reminded her, "Your job isn't to make people happy, it's to make them well... even if they don't necessarily like what you're doing." What did it matter if it upset Osprey if it would save her life? Naturally, Peregrine hated to upset his own sister too but he would do whatever it took to make sure her health was restored.

"I'll have them refer to you as Aunt Willow then, because Aunt Blue Willow is a bit of a mouthful for anyone, much less a pup." He smiled, then said lightly, "And, you know, maybe one day you could join the family in a more official capacity and even become a Redleaf-DiSarinno." Peregrine paused. "What do you think of my brother, Atticus? And what would you think of maybe getting to know him better, maybe spending some time with him, just the two of you...?"
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow knew her responsibilities and her job. She wondered how she could explain what she meant. She did not wish to upset Peregrine, but he should know what she was thinking after all she was his beta and his healer and it was his sister. She spoke quietly I know this, the reason i've been slow at trying that is your sister is already in a precarious spot mood wise and I have found that the more happy and calm a patient is the quicker and easier they get better. But I will make her eat in front of me now I promise. Blue flicked an ear feeling a little upset she hadn't meant to disappoint her friend.

Blue Willow smiled at the thought of Aunt Willow. It made her day more than she could say, her smile was quickly replaced with a wide eyes deer in the headlights look. She had never thought of Atticus in such a way. She had never thought of anyone in anyway like that. She thought back on the few brief meetings with him she had he was certainly kind, and he was definitely a good looking wolf of that she did notice. I don't mind though i must warn i have never had close relationships with anyone other than family so I may offend him somehow without meaning too. My parents didn't allow it we moved around too much. She licked her muzzle she would be open to the idea but she was unsure how it would go as she would be swimming in uncharted waters.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
She looked taken aback, yet she quickly replied that she wouldn't mind. Sensing a discomfiture that went beyond her disclaimer, Peregrine said, "The three of us could hang out together first, if that would make you more comfortable. It's no pressure, really, I just think you two are both good wolves and you could become good friends, maybe more..." He trailed off momentarily, then said, "That is, assuming you want a relationship, a mate and a family." His brows lifted questioningly, sure they'd spoken of this before but uncertain of how she'd answered.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow chuckled softly "I don't mind being alone with him Peregrine, as a matter of fact i would prefer it. Only because he may not speak as honestly if you are around to save face if I should ask a personal question. Male pride and all that. And besides you are very busy Perry. I could not ask you to be a chaperone I am a big girl and I can easily take him if he gets to fresh. She teased while keeping a sense of seriousness to her words. She didn't mind getting to know Atticus on her own, it was merely her being shy. After all she did not know how to talk to others, it had taken her quite a few tries to talk to Peregrine as easily as she did and he was her closest friend as of right now, even if he didn't know it.

She nodded Of course i want a mate and family that is why i settled her in the first place, though I don't think you knew that as it was Hawkeye that accepted me into the borders. SHe smiled again softly Tell me about your brother Perry. What should i know? DOes he curse like you? She asked the last question with mocked wide eyed innocence, though Perry knew very well that she herself did not cuss, and she found it endearing yet frustrating at the same time in him.

I love Perry he's so sweet to blue! <3
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
He (not so) secretly wants her to be his sister-in-law. :D

When asked about Atticus and whether he shared Peregrine's penchant for cussing, the Alpha male chortled. "Sorry to say, he does have a mouth on him. Maybe he's not as bad as me. And if you ask—and this goes for both of us—we'll gladly scale back. If it bothers you, speak up." His tail gave an amiable twitch.

"What else..." he thought aloud after a beat. "We've had some drama in our past, obviously. He has kids, as you know, though he's never had a proper romantic relationship. He's cut out for one, though; he's a sweet and caring guy who'd really love to settle down. Especially after everything that happened with our older brother, then more recently, with Crete's abrupt departure... Atticus could use someone solid in his life. I think you'd be good for him, Willow, and though there's part of me that thinks no man is likely worthy of you, he's the most worthy and eligible candidate I know of," he finished with a small, fond grin tugging at his lips.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Aww :) she wouldn't mind being a redleaf-DiSarrinno (hope spelled that right) :D

Blue laughed outright and shook her head I do usually mind it, but with you Peregrine it is so natural sometimes i don't even realize it's there. It's an endearing quality for you anyway. She chuckled again. Normally cursing would bother her and it of course made her uncomfortable but it was as natural for Perry as breathing and she could truthfully not imagine him not swearing it just wouldn't be him.

Blue Willow smiled at him warming at his praise of he character. He was like a big brother being all protective and what not. It made her miss her brothers deeply. They would have known what to ask to find out about Atticus. She just listened, what family didn't have drama she and her brothers even had a bit though not as much as she and her brother's wives. She had thought they were rather empty headed. I will certainly try Perry, though I can't promise he will find me as worthy as you seem too. SHe smiled she would try and get to know Atticus because she wanted much of the same things. She however would stay true to herself first and though she did not think it would be a problem he seemed as nice as Peregrine had said.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
"Don't sell yourself short, Willow. You're a catch," the Alpha male answered simply. "Anyway, don't feel pressured to make anything happen with him if you end up not feeling it. I'd love it if you two hit it off but even if you only ever become friends, that would be cool." The swarthy male didn't want his Beta female to feel like she had to hook up with his brother to keep the peace around here. Peregrine honestly just wanted both of them to be happy.

"So I was going to head back to the den and take the minis out on a short field trip. Wanna come along and help chaperone, Aunt Willow?" he inquired, taking a few steps in the direction of his homestead.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow dipped her head and nodded "Don't worry I won't Perry. I'll always be true to myself first. She did not feel obligated to make things happen with anyone. He was a good male he would make a good mate from what she had heard thus far. The decision would be hers and his in the end and he could very well not feel it, as Peregrine put it. Only time would tell.

Blue smiled largely Of course i would I love your mini me's they are adorable. She motioned for him to lead the way stepping in behind him, happy to see the little ones.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fading here! :)

Blue Willow expressed delight at the invitation and fell into step with him. Peregrine smiled to himself as she towed along at his shoulder, very much looking the part of Beta to his Alpha. He already knew he'd love to have her as a formal party of the family, hopefully in the form of a sister-in-law. As they neared the den, he decided that if things didn't work out that way between the Healer and Atticus, he would ask her to become his adoptive sister. Sure, it was corny and a bit weird... but Peregrine liked and respected her that much.

"Here we are," he announced in a dramatic tone, the laughter of four children following this announcement as the pups ran up to greet their father and aunt.