Blackfeather Woods you look awful
5 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Joining 
Any of the leaders are welcome (@Cicero and @Atshen), but I'd love to see big sister @Nemesis :D

Ares liked being a lone wolf. He could do whatever he wanted whenever he wanted. Nobody could tell him what do to, who he could talk to, nobody could judge him for his actions and if they did, why the fuck should he care. He had no obligations, no responsibilities, and it was great. Unfortunately, being alone comes at a price. Ares had managed to protect and provide for himself for a few months, but it wasn't enough. If he wanted to survive, he would have to have help sometime, whether it be from a pack or a companion. So when he was traveling through the area, and smelled a familiar scent, he made the hard decision to follow it.

The scent led him to the borders of a pack, a menacing one at that, the stench of blood coated the borderline so that it was very much impossible to miss. But under the blood smell, he could definitely smell Nemesis. His older sister who'd left him in charge. What a mistake on the pack's part, letting him lead. Maybe this pack would be different. His intense golden eyes trained on the forest ahead of his, the midnight furred male made himself  comfortable on the ground and howled for the leaders, hoping thought that he may see his sister first.
valar morghulis
319 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Warrior
Though Nemesis wasn't the first to heed her brother's call, it was Ares' nephew, Atshen, who answered the summonings. He had been patrolling nearby when the call had come to him, and he quickly diverted his path towards the borderlines. It was as he made his way that he picked himself accordingly as if to assert his dominance from the get go. With each passing day, he was feeling more comfortable in his leadership position and more entitled to the respect that he demanded. 

He finally paused once he straddled the borders, not too far off from his uncle stood. Observing quietly, the Silencer looked to the raven-pelted wolf and quickly noticed the odd coloration he bore. Not focusing on this point for more than a second, Atshen went on to silently assess the other. Ares seemed to have a strong build, despite what he lacked in height compared to Atshen. 

Looming as his eyes moved quickly over the other wolf, Atshen soon lifted his tail in the way of further asserting his dominance and settled on the strangers face, expectantly looking to the other as if silently demanding him to state his business. From what he had scented, it didn't appear that this wolf held any alliance to a pack and thus concluded that the wolf before him was a lone wolf.

5 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Soon Ares had company, though it wasn't his sister Nemesis. Rather it was a boy, younger than him but much taller. The boy was massive actually, the closer he got the more Ares realized it. He actually looked quite a bit like Nem, and it made Ares wonder if this was her boy. His nephew. He looked the boy over for a moment, studying his posture. Clearly the other male was in a high position, so Ares forced himself into a bow, his thick black tail tucked under him. He aimed his fiery gaze at the fur beneath the other male's head, careful not to make eye contact

My name's Ares, I'm Nemesis's younger brother. He stated simply, not implying much other than what he said. Whether or not this boy was his sister's son, he wasn't her. And Ares really wanted to talk to Nemesis.
valar morghulis
319 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Warrior
Ares words took more than a second to connect the stranger's words to what they meant to him. In an uncharacteristic manner, the boy's face showed this process as his features twisted accordingly. When the realization his hit, suspicion quickly darkened his appearance as he looked at the other wolf. Personally, he couldn't see it. 

"I've never heard of you," he replied, his tone a deep rumble in his throat as he picked himself further as his suspicion on the other grew. But, aligning more with his character, Atshen fell silent and waited for the other's response, anticipating what he had to say with suspicion.

5 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
The boy responded with what Ares should've expected. At least the other had some smarts, and knew not to trust everything he believed. However at the moment, Ares was telling the truth. Actually he told the truth quite often, considering how little he cared about what others thought of him. His features still serious, but his lips quirked. I'm not lying to you. Nemesis and I grew up in the same pack. She owned it, got kicked out, I owned it, got kicked out. You can ask her if you really need proof.

His voice was his normal calm tone, but he still shrunk himself to be submissive. He knew that a fight with this male, no matter how old he was, could end up disastrous. He wasn't going to take any chances.
valar morghulis
319 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Warrior
The other wolf still did not convince Atshen. His tail flicked suddenly as if to showcase the irritability he felt at that moment, yet, his expression remained stoic. Even if this was his mother's brother, Atshen was not thrilled by his track record. Looking down to Ares with scrutinizing eye, Atshen lingered in silence as he mulled over what he should do next. 

"Even if you are who you say you are; why should I trust you within my mother's pack?" After all, he had been kicked out. Atshen waited while silently hoping that @Nemesis would miraculously stop by to verify the stranger's identity. Perhaps then the Silencer would realize that this wolf's relation to Nemesis also meant that they were also related.

hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
[table][tr][td valign=center] [/td][td]
It is not the tension she feels at her border that causes her to surge forth with anticipation, as she moves towards the point of focus. It is the scent associated with it and the idea that perhaps she is wasting her time to meet a ghost, a figment of a dark minds imagination. But as she moves upon the scene to meet her son and the stranger, she knows it is him upon glance. Stepping from the shadows, she moves as if the endarkened strength of the Dark Woods moves with her and it signifies her claim on the woods he stands before.

“Ares,” Her voice brings a greeting but reeks of mistrust and suprise, a tone previously unknown to her but with good reason did it come. Her brother, younger than her but her blood all the same, stood at her borders just months after their sister. It seemed no coincidence that so far two of her siblings had managed to find their way to her, but there was no reason why two and two should be connected. No news of her new-found reign should have reached the ears of the Blackwater tribe, and thus far, she had little interest in making her presence known. Instead, she chose not to question it, for if it was anything to drive her equally arrogant brother from his place of reign, it ought not to be something she wished to hear at that time. For now, she chose to lead with the news of an untimely death that she isn’t sure her blood brother will want to hear. “Althaia is dead,” Her blunt follow up comes before she swings her head to the side, indicating towards their little sister’s decapitated head balancing on the bloodied border of the dark woods.Perhaps that is why he came, and should that reason stand, he would have no reason to stay. But Nemesis is unsure of the relationship between her brother and sister, or what it was, for it had been Althaia to leave Blackwater without a word of what went on since Nemesis’s stunt a few years back. Perhaps he never cared for her, she had been a runt in youth and as an adult, an omega, for the Convel clan were notoriously wolves of sharp mind and brute strength. Perhaps, his arrival is not anything but fate, that he would join her ranks and unify her family greater within the dark woods. So, she observes with a keen eye, lingering on the features of her now full grown brother and she wonders; is his presence a gift or a curse?

But she does not linger long, and her next point is made in adherence to the morbid news given, for if Althaia was his purpose, he has no reason to stay. “Why have you come, brother?” Her inquiry shows no hint of amusement, but a tone of malicious warning; she did not care if he was her own blood, he would not bring trouble unto her lands. Her frigid optics drill deeper into the molten of her brother’s, for she has grown as he, and still, she overpowers him in every way. Her distance is justified, for they are brother and sister, but their blood is stronger. Within that blood is always a sense of entitlement, barbaric possession and malevolence and he will want what she has, sooner or later.
[/td][td valign=center] [/td][/tr][/table]
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
5 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
The boy confirmed that he was Nemesis's son, but Ares's posture didn't change. He remained submissive, his eyes narrowed and tail flicking slightly. He wasn't too fond of his new found nephew so far, he would've liked at least something along the lines of 'no way, you're my uncle!' but even a friendly nod would've been ok. His face cold and stoic, Ares opened his mouth to respond when he smelled another scent, growing closer. This one he knew, and there was no mistaking it. Soon enough, the dark shadow of his sister appeared through the trees, and she came to stand in front of him.

His face lightened up a bit when he saw her, for he was indeed very glad to see her. She on the other hand, came through with a coldness in her stride, and it didn't break even when she spoke his name. She acted indifferent to him, which hurt a little, and made his fur bristle slightly, but he his it with a near smile. Nemesis. He responded with a similar indifference, refusing to give what he didn't get in return. He waited there for a moment, his molten lava eyes locked onto her. When she spoke again, it was a blunt statement, one that he thought should've held some emotion at least. His gaze shifted when hers did, and they landed on a decapitated head of their younger sister. He didn't say anything on it, instead he stared blankly at Althaia.

When he looked back at Nemesis his expression was a grimace. He was indeed sad to hear of their sister's death, but it wasn't like he'd known her all too well. I'm sorry to hear that. But she's not why I came. He responded, and when Nemesis asked why he came, he scoffed. Is it not enough that I am here? Or does there have to be some malicious reason for me to want to find my older sister. He said with a grin, his posture still submissive but much more relaxed now. He glanced towards Nemesis's son, then back at her. If you really care so much, they kicked me out of Blackwater. I guess getting angry and killing runs in our family. He said with a sigh of mock care.
valar morghulis
319 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Warrior
Atshen was just on the cusp of getting an answer from Ares when he felt the presence of another saunter onto the scene. Turning briefly from the stranger, Atshen caught sight of his mother approaching, and he adjusted himself accordingly to show respect. Drawing his body towards the ground and into a lowered position, Atshen turned his attention back to the stranger along their border. Though it was usually along the boundaries that Atshen found himself talking the most, especially when it came to vetting new recruits, he found no sense in contributing now that the Dark Master had arrived.  For as long as she straddled the bloodied borders she would take the reigns, and, if necessary, he would intervene and defend.  

The exchange between the siblings volleyed as they conversed and Atshen drew his attention from wolf to wolf, to the decapitated head, and back. To most, the sight of one's decapitated head would strike fear, but, to Atshen, it was something that he had become accustomed to. For a good amount of their conversation, he remained emotionless as he passively listened to what was being said. But, as Ares' tone began to mock, Atshen rose, feeling suddenly involved in the conversation.  

A growl bubbled in the depth of Atshen's chest and his gaze burned into his uncle as he gave his warning. The Silencer would not tolerate the disrespect of his mother-- especially along her borders. At that moment Atshen was a ticking time bomb, and only Nemesis could alleviate his short fuse.

hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
[table width=90%][tr][td valign=center] [/td][td]
She has little doubt that Ares could not care less about the predicament of their sister's rotting head just a mere metre away from their spot of conversation. But it was even more intriguing that Althaia's disapeerrance was not the incentive for his venture. She opens her mouth to speak, but his silenced by none other than the Silencer himself, her son. Hairs raise on the back of her neck, out of annoyance and of anger, for had she deemed Ares a viable threat, they would not be conversing; Atshen was brash, and he let his rage dicate his actions. It was a habit she had since shed of, but she could not say the same for her son, who continually proved that deep down, he would not answer to her when the time came to choose.Atshen is a catalyst of demise, a boy a nuclear temper and no off switch, molded and corrupted by her very design. In each encounter she witnessed him in, it became apparent that the boy had far exceeded her outline, and had begun to develop a consious of his own.

It was concerning, for would it not be cause for concern if a weapon of mass destruction learned to pick it's targets on it's own accord?

She had overstepped, misjudged her own influence and perhaps sealed her own demise in the form of a boy who she could not recognise as her son anymore but a soilder. Nemeis has worn out of the trust she feels for her son, and in that moment, full of distaste for his decision making, The wraith will fight her own battles, she does not need her son to do her job for her. Nemesis snarls the boy down, the glint of her inscisors breeching just beyong her lips before she turns to face the boy. With a pointed look does she dismiss the child, one that leaves no room for defiance; and she leans back on her haunches, the tension disaperates with the news of Ares's abolishment from her former home. "You are my brother, why would there not be a malicious reason following you?" She retorts with a light scoff. The wraith knows better to accept even her flesh and blood into her new place of reign. So far, doing so had only caused one massive and exhausting headache, and eventual murder. Yes, getting angry and killing did run within the genes of their family, passed down through generations of semi-barbaric anscestors. It was the very reason his presence made her uneasy, as if she expected more from his abrupt arrival besides his current state of homelessness. He wanted something, for she was sure that he was not looking for a shoulder to cry on, and least of all her to bestow upon him a fake pity he knew she did not have the moral integrity to give. And so, she awaited what other than the news of his failures with malevolently curious eyes; "What do you really want, Ares?" Her gaze was unavoidable, an endarkened widsom hidden within that dragged out the unconsious motive behind words that mislead his desires; as if her very gaze could convince his subconsious other than what he chose to believe brought him to her neck of the woods.
[/td][td valign=center] [/td][/tr][/table]
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
5 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ares glanced sharply towards Nemesis's son, who had begun to growl and snarl in warning. If not for the fact that Ares was the guest at their borders, he would've told the kid to piss off. Of course he didn't know the repercussions of his actions, for he didn't know Atshen or what he was. For now he only assumed that he was a over protective little shit who liked to beat stuff up, and Ares decided that he wasn't too fond of his new found nephew. Though he didn't doubt that Nemesis was the one behind the boy's actions. He acted like a bull headed weapon likely because she'd taught him to be so.

He wasn't surprised when his sister suppressed her son, if it were his son he would've done the same. She then turned back to him, and replied to his question. He grinned at that, for she made a great point. For most families, malicious intent may not be the reason for visits, though with the Convels it wasn't at all uncommon. She restated her original question, her gaze boring into him. He knew he couldn't lie to her, or even sugarcoat the truth. She would see through him, she had always been one of the only ones who could.

His molten eyes darkened as he became more serious, his gaze focused on the fur just below Nem's eyes. I have been traveling for two months now. I was cast out during a harsh winter, I was caught in the snow and nearly froze to death. I am hungry and tired, and I need a new home. I mean your pack no ill intent, I just want a place to stay, and hunt, and start over. He finished, his tail flicking back and forth. He didn't like sharing what he really felt about things, he much preferred to keep things like that to himself, but he felt if he truly wanted to join Nemesis's pack he would have to start out with a clean slate.
valar morghulis
319 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Warrior
Feel free to skip Atshen from here on out!

The ticking time bomb was met with defiance, and he dropped himself according as the Dark Master loomed over him. Despite how he felt for the stranger at his doorstep, he would not displease mother. Slinking a few paces away, Atshen remained low to the ground. Shooting a look at the Ares, Atshen settled at a comfortable distance away; making himself avaible and near if needed while allowing for the adults to proceed with their conversation.