Blackwater Islands rest your weary bones
slowly drifting, wave after wave
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
All Welcome 
her muscles continued to ache, though she knew she was not terribly off any longer. Galateia depended on her Sisters and the consorts at present, and their patience with her only caused her love toward them to grow! her devotion to them and to The Mothers was true, and Galateia felt chained by her circumstance. she wished to show them her love, to contribute truly! but her typical patience seemed to be matched only by their own, and their understanding caused her to weep tears of happiness in moments she had to herself. blessed—that was how she felt, even despite her weakness. The Sea had granted her a vision that she would grow strong again! 

it was inspiration. she was brought to a small body of water by her own request so that she might practice using her legs further. she only required assistance up until her limbs need no longer touch the ground, and when this occurred Galateia moved throughout the water, her limbs slowly churning the water she swam within. it was painful, but it was not nearly so painful as it was to move when gravity was involved, and so she reveled in this newfound freedom.
[Image: BCay9TG.png]
in oceans deep. my faith will stand
55 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Feeling at home among the Nereides offered no challenge for Salish. She felt a strong sense of belonging with her fellow sisters and the consorts, and she was happy.  There had not been even the slightest adjustment period, for she was already so comfortable with where  life presently found her. The Islands were a paradise all their own, providing peace, as well as plentiful prey and fresh water.

It was water that she sought, having eaten her fill of fish moments before. Her paws took her along the narrow path to a small calm pool, but to her suprise, the pool was occupied. Standing in the pristine water was one of her sisters, the injured female, whom Salish had yet to officially meet. Her heart filled with pity as she approached the water's edge, ears lowered and eyes warm with empathy. 

Hello, Sister, spoke Salish. Does the water help? Smiling, she seated herself delicately before the pool, the very tips of her digits touching the water. What is your name?
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
her head turned toward the she-wolf that approached her—another Sister, no doubt. Galateia smiled warmly whilst she paddled, and her ears remained perked atop her head. they were beautiful, as all the Nereid women seemed to be; she, like Whip, was marked in the colors of salt and sand, both wet and dry. the earthy hues suited the bright yellow of her newfound Sisters eyes, Galateia marveled as she swam slowly. 

the inquiry was answered swiftly, oh, yes! the water works wonders upon those whose muscles are not what they ought to be, inherently Galateia knew this. she did not merely assume this was a gift from The Mothers—Akantha had more than insinuated that she was giving a great blessing by Them, and Galateia could not struggle with her state in knowing this. she had received too much! I am Galateia, she introduced warmly, and then with a hopeful smile she invited: would you like to join me, ..." she left room for the other to inform her of her own name. the pearl listened well.
55 Posts
Ooc — Killi
It was true: all of the Nereides woman were beautiful, and the pearl-coated female in the water was no exception. In fact, Salish regarded her as being particularly lovely, in spite of her state of health. Her dark green eyes gave a beautiful contrast to the pale tones of her coat, and her voice was kind and friendly. 

Salish wagged her tail, her smile growing. I'm so happy you found something that helps, she spoke brightly. My name is Salish. And I would love to join you! With that, the golden female got to her feet and splashed exuberantly into the pool, which was large enough for the two of them to paddle around in comfortably. This is fairly cold, she observed aloud, inhaling sharply as the water rose to her chest. You must have already adjusted. Salish snickered softly. Spring was upon them, banishing the chill of winter, but the air around them could not exactly be called warm. Not yet. Still, the water felt nice on the muscle and bones which were tired from her previous weeks of travel.

So, Galatiea. How is it that you came to be one of the Sisters?
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
and join her the other did, to Galateia's delight! their name was Salish, and even what she was called reminded Galateia of the sea and its swirling, lapping waters. the remark on the chilled water brought forth a small laugh—in truth, she had hardly realized the temperature of it now that her muscles had grown used to it. I have, she hummed. soon the waters will warm, but winters chill still touches them. I do not find it so bad, she admitted, though apologetically added, I should have warned you! but she had not even realized any longer, as Salish had observed correctly in that she had grown used to the temperature. 

the others question was answered swiftly enough: the ocean bore me upon her shores, and Akantha, our Matriarch, found me—she revealed to me who I was, and of herself and our Sisters, her voice was melodic, and she thought fondly of that day. what of you, Salish?
55 Posts
Ooc — Killi
With a shake of her narrow head, Salish disregarded the apology. No, it's all right. I will get used to it soon enough! I enjoy being in the water, anyway. Already, the chilling sensation was fading and she was growing comfortable. She paddled around Galateia as she spoke her story, tail swirling playfully along the water's surface. She loved swimming and everything else about water. The initial cold was a small price to pay.

Though happy to hear such an inspiring tale, she found herself slightly confused by the kind woman's words. But, where did you come from? Where were you befor the sea delivered you to us? Forever bold, Salish had no problem prying for more information, but it came from a place of genuine curiosity and interest in one of her fellow Nereides -- whom she already loved.

Akantha revealed who you were... So you do not know before then? It was an intriguing concept, being unaware of one's own identity. Salish could not imagine such a thing.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
Galateia was relieved the other was not irate, and was fond of the other already—and when the questions came, Galateia liked her all the more. there was no time before then, for me, she informed, her voice soft as her legs continued to move within the water, I did not exist—and then I did. this was the truth as Galateia knew it, and as Akantha regarded it. in response to the next inquiry, Galateia smiled with a shake of her head. before, for Galateia, was The Mothers carrying her to term; she was no one, until she was Galateia.
55 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Salish listened intently, her jaw slightly agape, until she hurried to close it. She was not sure what to make of Galateia. The female had to be at least one year old, old enough to have somewhat of a history. Yet, she claimed to remember nothing of her time before Akantha had found her. 

I see, she said gently. Salish wondered if something may have happened to Galateia that had marred her perception and her memories. Even so, the pearl she-wolf obviously believed what she was telling Salish, and in turn, the golden girl felt it would be unkind, even disrespectful, to challenge it. She only wished for the well-being and happiness of her sisters, and if this tale was what Galateia believed of herself, then so be it. 

Well, I'm glad you're here. It was good of Akantha to bring you here. She's good to us all, she spoke in a sober tone.

Have you any trades? It was a common topic, but an interesting one, and one worth talking about.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
twas a tale Galateia believed wholeheartedly because it was one she was told, by each of the Nereid women she knew. Akantha had created the story of her conception, and Kalika had encouraged it—although, no matter how one looked at it one thing remained true: it seemed the Sea had chosen her to be among them, as she had landed on their very shores. 

I, too, am glad, she hummed in response, her legs continuing to kick within the waters. they ached, but not as they did upon land. she is good—I am thankful she she has found me, and guides me, as the Sea did. have you known her for all of your life? she inquired, curious on Salish's experience with her sisters, curioser still to know Salish. 

the next question asked was answered swiftly as well, The Mothers have bestowed upon me the knowledge of herbs and their remedies—I am a healer, she informed, though my only patient, at present, is myself, she gave a small laugh as she swam before asking, and what of you?
55 Posts
Ooc — Killi
[table width=85%][tr][td]

Whatever her history, wherever she had come from, Salish still believed that  the Sea had chosen Galateia to live among them as a sister of the Nereides. It mattered not the manner in which she had come. It did not change the truth that the pale-furred woman had been hand-picked to be here, on these beautiful islands. And for that, Salish was happy. She was happy that Galateia was here, liking the woman already. There was a sweetness about her, a kindness, and that was something that was needed.

Still on the subject of their Matriarch, Salish nodded. Yes. We both hail from Thymiscra, she explained softly. I always felt in my heart that she was destined for greatness. It was a true statement. Sometimes things were just known, a sensation given by the Mothers. 

Her brow then rose and a smile gleamed across darkened lips. She swam merrily, paddling in a circle around her new friend. A healer, mmm? What a gift, she uttered excitedly. And I am sure that you are a fine one. She bumped her nose against the other's shoulder gently. And that you will get yourself well very soon.

She paused, looking down, and then spoke again, meeting the woman's gaze. I aspire to be a counselor. So if anything ever troubles you, or if you need someone to talk to... She displayed a cheesy, big smile. I'm your girl. You may come to me with absolutely anything, love. At any time.
[/tr][/td][/table]