Blackwater Islands Vicarious
55 Posts
Ooc — Killi
All Welcome 
@Kalika feel free to tag others!

Salish, Tokitae, and Chalen had at last reached the islands, their destined home. Her siblings were nearby, somewhere, although the girl did not know exactly where they had wandered off too. Confident that she would find them again, eventually, the agouti female moved away from the island shore with her ears pricked, snout tilted upward, nostrils twitching. Her eagerness to meet the others was apparent in the rapid sway of her tail. 

Things were falling together, and Salish was optimistic that she would find those whom had already made their journey to the islands. Their scent was in the air, and despite the overwhelming aroma of brine and water, she could detect their presence. Not one to sniff around idly, the young wolfess threw her snout skyward and unleashed a song of summons. Perhaps they would meet somewhere in the middle.
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
There was another upon the islands.

The call was unleashed with such assuredness and confidence that Kalika was almost intimidated by the trespasser, though she forced herself to her paws and out to answer the call. Her initial approach was one of great hesitation and defense, her expression neutral and her stare cold. Drawing nearer to the call's source, she could see that it was the song of another woman, though why (or how) she had crossed the sandbar remained unknown.

Hello, Kalika began, her mouth breaking into a forced smile. Although diplomacy was her trade and she was confident in her speaking skills, she had been a bit off since the meeting with Drageda and the private endeavor with Whip that followed. Are you a Nereid? Or just a wanderer who happened upon our lands. The smile on her maw grew to fit the entirety of her jaw, creating a welcoming (and toothy — very toothy) greeting.
55 Posts
Ooc — Killi
It was not long before her beckoning song was answered. The lovely, pale-furred woman approached with caution, something that Salish would have done herself in such a random encounter with a stranger. In order to show her peacefull intentions, the gold-dusted wolfess lowered her tail and flattened her ears ever so slightly, adopting a posture that was much more submissive, but not quite meek. 

The large grin that seemed to envelop the entirety of the snowy wolf's countanance was welll met with a smile of Salish's own, and emphasized with a more rapid swish of her tail. Yes, I am a Nereid, she responded brightly, dipping her maw in a relatively formal greeting. I have come here with my siblings, Chelan and Tokitae... they're around here... somewhere. Salish flicked her head over one shoulder, then the other, though she was unsurprised that she still did not see either members of her party, instead turning her honey gaze back towards the paler female. 

My name is Salish Neriedes. And you are?
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Kalika Nereides. Do you have any trades? Perhaps there would be some sort of common ground between the two of them, under the guise of a shared trade. Although Kalika liked Salish enough without knowing this information, she would eventually have to call for the Matriarch who she knew would want to know what she could give to their ranks. 

And your siblings, what of them? They would have to make the acquaintance of Akantha before being accepted, just as Salish had, though Kalika wished for as much insight on the group as possible.
55 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Let me know if anything needs to be changed. <3

She was asked about her trades, and responded with a nod. I am a scout, and aspire to be a couselor. It was true that Salish did not aspire to be anything great. Her interest in becomming a Siren stemmed from a genuine desire to be of the most use to her pack as she could possibly be. She may never gain a high rank among her Sisters, but that had little to do with her wish to be helpful. She aspired to keep others happy, and as a counselor, she would be able to help with the woes and troubles of her fellow Nereides. 

What about you? she wondered, her bright tone betraying true curiosity and interest in Kalika. To the subject of her siblings, the tawny she-wolf furrowed her brow slightly. I don't know where they went off to. Their names are Tokitae and Chelan. She smiled. I'm not worried; they will find us soon enough.
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Kalika listened to Salish speak about her trades, which happened to be identical to Kalika's own. She smiled and gave a polite nod of her head before adding this token into the conversation, I am a scout and a counselor, as well. Ambassador and advisor hopeful, actually.  There was a slight twinge of annoyance in Kalika as she considered the competition she would soon face amongst her peers, though she refused to let this show through her expression. 

You do speak Greek, correct? Kalika knew that when @Akantha arrived she would prefer to use their tongue than the common one, and she hoped this wouldn't be an issue.
55 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Seeing the slight annoyance that washed over the snowy woman's countenance, Salish felt a tinge of discomfort. She had not been aware that they shared the same trades. The girl did not thrive on competition, nor was she fond of conflict. Oh, I see, she said politely, anxiety hidden in her voice and in her smile. Choosing not to continue this area of the conversation, Salish nodded to the next question she was given.

I do, she spoke. I learned  when I was young. Their language was another gem of the Nereides, something that the sisters could share.

So, where did you come from, Kalika? she asked, hoping to ensure that the conversation  remained neutral while they awaited Akantha. 
fury, oh fury don't you misguide me
228 Posts
Ooc — Siro
*swoops in*
The call marked the beginning of something that would continue for generations. A loner, or stranger, had requested attendance at the border and Akantha swept herself up from her perch atop a large driftwood tree. She was farther away than Kalika, initially, so it took her a few extra minutes to arrive. Unlike the younger woman, she was not nearly as swift on her feet, though she still carried her dense bulk with the grace becoming of a wolf.

She cut through a swath of the Thistlewood until the sandbar, and the pair, were in sight. In a thicket of ferns and young trees, the Matriarch lingered to ascertain the situation. The stranger ignited a tickle of familiarty at the base of her skull, and that curiousity (and her duty as the Matriarch) brought her out of the brush and down onto the sands with her tail and head lifted in an authorative manner. 

Familiar or not, she expected due deference. She silently bared her teeth, and lashed her tail like a scythe through the misty sea air. The thickset woman glanced towards her ambassador-to-be, and waited for an explaination.
Blood is running deep
Some things never sleep

Teal dialogue is Greek. Uncolored dialogue is common/english.
Check out NEREIDESpedia for more information.  
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Kalika heard Akantha approach and lowered herself as expected. Her ears flattened and her tail lowered to a quick wag in a show of her submission. As the Matriarch's gaze fell upon her, she threw her eyes to Salish to make sure that she too had gotten the memo before offering up a recap of the situation. This is Salish. She says that she travels with two of her siblings who are all in search of a pack. She says that she is a Nereid already, and aspires to be a scout and counselor. 

Her eyes trailed to Salish's to see if she was going to speak, and she had a feeling that the bold femme would take no hesitation in doing so.
55 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Her question was cut off and permanently lost upon the arrival of the Matriarch, a pitch-furred woman who carried herself with grace and elegance. Mirroring Kalika, the tawny she-wolf hastened to display submission, flattening her ears , slouching her shoulders and tucking her tail between her heels. She remained silent, amber eyes lowered away from the other two as the future ambassador spoke an introduction to her. Kalika did a fine job, not missing any points of importance.

That's me, Salish punctuated, cautiously meeting the eyes of the dark leader. I pledge my loyalty to you and to my Sisters, m'am. She quieted her voice, which had been courteous enough, but carrying a note of excitement. As far as Salish knew, it was now time for Akantha to make her judgement.

... My siblings -- Tokitae and Chelan -- they should be along soon enough. It was added as an afterthought, in case Akantha held any curiosity regarding the whereabouts of her brother and sister.
fury, oh fury don't you misguide me
228 Posts
Ooc — Siro
Akantha hadn't expected Themiscrya natives to make a pilgrimage to her shores so quickly but she was silently thankful to the Mothers for sending them along. She wondered if the ancient High Matriarch had discussed her desires with the Sea, and she, blessedly, set these young, brilliant adults on a path to Soteria in the hopes of the latest branch bearing fruit for the first time in many, many Moons. She would succeed where Meteora failed, and though she was not as in tune as the mysterious and enigmatic chosen woman, Akantha had faith in the Initiates she'd chosen to protect and serve. 

In any case, Salish (and Kalika) offered her adequate submission and Akantha relieved them both by lowering her tail and sheathing her teeth behind her inky lips. Her scarred muzzle swung around to Kalika as her ambassador-to-be explained the situation and searched the pale woman's face for any subtle sign of hesitation, before returning her full attention to the sunny woman. The names she offered, once again, sparked familiarity in her mind and she was finally able to place it: "We shall be glad to have you all, then." Akantha said. "Show me the same dedication I remember from Themiscrya, and you'll find no complaint from me." She remarked with a toothy smile.

She closed the distance between them and extended her neck to press her lips to Salish's brow. "Welcome, Initiate." 
Blood is running deep
Some things never sleep

Teal dialogue is Greek. Uncolored dialogue is common/english.
Check out NEREIDESpedia for more information.  
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Kalika finally took it upon herself to breathe once Akantha finalized Salish's acceptance. She turned to face the new recruit and gave a kind wink and a nod of her head. Yes. Welcome Salish. Turning to Akantha for permission as she spoke, Kalika then continued, If you would follow me, I would be glad to offer you a tour. She gave a swish of her tail and turned with a nod, signaling for Salih to follow.
55 Posts
Ooc — Killi
With the words of acceptance and welcome came the soft touch of the Matriarch's lips. Salish could not help her smile, closing her warm-honey eyes briefly as Akantha's dark muzzle came in contact with her heavily sloped forehead. She opened her eyes, heaving a great sigh of combined relief and thanksgiving. Thank you so very much. I will not disappoint you, she cooed, and with that, she was  beckonned to follow the snowy-furred female beyond the borders and into her new home. And so she did, entering the Islands to live amongst her beloved sisters.