Blackwater Islands Insulin shots, alkaline produce
Select all. Delete.
239 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Private 

While most of Whip's time was spent on the beach, today he ventured inland to explore the inner wooded reaches of Blackrock's main island. The Thistlewood was massive. The elder fur trees reached into the sky like worshiping giants and all the life below was rich and green with the coming spring. Even as a young boy, Whip had an appreciation for nature -- but as he aged and became more mature, his appreciation became admiration.

He had always belived the world in which he lived to be a crap-sack place, but beauty was all around now that he opened his eyes to see it. Sometimes, it made the bad times worth living to know that there was good out there too. Whip followed a game trail that cut through the thicket. He kept his gaze trained on the tree-tops as he went. They made him feel so small.
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Kalika watched curiously from a nearby fern as Whip made his way inland to the tall trees which thrived in the hidden paradise. She followed him, initially working to keep her presence a secret as she observed him. He seemed enamored with the secrets the treeline held, though Kalika wasn't sure as to why. It was strange to her to find someone with such a Sea dependant lifestyle wandering aimlessly through the woods, though it would be a lie to say that she didn't understand it.

She barked as she ran nearer to him, giving up her hiding spot. Whip, she greeting, her voice firm but her eyes glinting in the light.
Select all. Delete.
239 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Whip's gaze snapped down from the tree tops when he heard a nearby bark. It startled him. He stopped his forward motion and he looked around the wood, eyes wide. But then, he saw movement. From Whip's periphery, he could see another wolf approach. He turned and recognized Kalika walking toward him and he offered her a rare smile. "Oh," Whip spoke. "Hey Kalika." His tail wagged behind him.

But, her voice was harder than usual; unlike the tender softness of their last encounter. His smile faltered and his brow furrowed with deep lines of confusion. "Everything alright?" he asked.
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Kalika could hear the concern in Whip's voice, to which she responded with a grunt. I am fine, she told the Drudge. Yes, she had shared with him one of her most precious assets, but that was just him doing his duty. He was a male, a consort to be, and his treatment would reflect as such. You've met Galateia? 

And there it was — the real reason why Kalika had sought him out. She'd watched his awe-stricken gaze as he directed it at the other femme; heard the affectionate words they shared. Though she had no real reason to be, Kalika was incredibly jealous of the new recruit, though she would never allow this to be revealed purposefully.
Select all. Delete.
239 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
"Oh," uttered Whip. "Alright." Kalika may have told him one thing, but her tone sang the song of a different story. Even one who struggled to read the emotions of others could clearly hear it in the icy timbre of the siren's voice. But Whip, with all of the mental conditioning the Nereides had put him though over the past few months, knew not to press the issue any further, lest he aggrivate Kalika further with his prodding.

Unable to put two and two together, Whip remained ignorant of Kalika's jealousy. When she mentioned Galateia, Whip replied with honesty. "I met her yesterday," he told her. "Is it true that she was born of Mother Sea... uh, directly? Has that ever happened before?" The boy was curious. He had never heard of the Mothers spitting out adults on the shore, but then again, he had not been privvied to most of the lore and legends of the Nereides. He did, however, wish to learn.
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
There was nothing more that Kalika wanted to do than expose Galateia for the fraud she was, though she knew that it would be going against not only Akantha, but herself as well. She held her tongue and huffed, though she did not leave the question unanswered. The Mothers delivered her upon our shores, yes. I'm not sure if it's ever happened before, which makes the gift all the more special. And all the more despised.

Whip, can I ask you something?
Select all. Delete.
239 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
So the rumors were true. Whip found Kalika easy to believe, because even though she was a mere initiate, the other sisters looked to her with promise. She knew far more than many of the others in their order, so it was nearly like hearing it from Akantha's mouth herself (though, the Matriarch would have been a much more reliable source). Whip nodded with interest, but he found himself with no further questions on the subject.

Kalika, however, had one of her own. "Of course," said Whip. "What is it?" He could not help but wonder if she had a request in the same vein as their last meeting. Though, Whip found that to be unlikely.
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
She took a deep breath and looked straight ahead, a slight smile coming across her lips. Are you afraid of me? A simple question, though posed with a burning rage masked in sage. Kalika looked him in his eyes before continuing, so that he would know that her next words held no bluff. If you ever give me a reason to distrust you or to feel as though you have disrespected me in anyway, I will kill you Whip. I want you to remember that. 

She took a few steps ahead of him so as to cut off his path, then turned so that her full frame was in view. I am always watching. Are we understood?
Select all. Delete.
239 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Whatever it was that had brought this rage that simmered within Kalika to a head, Whip was unsure. He looked to her, gaze flush with innocent confusion. Eagerly, he had done all she asked -- and as he would continue (as with all the sirens who presided over him). Whip pulled his head back into his shoulders submissively. He showed his teeth in an act of good faith and he ears fell flat agaisnt his head. His posture alone was answer enough. He did fear her. He feared most of the women here, but Kalika was the first to make him feel truly expendable.

Though he did not speak it, Whip was terrified. "I understand Kalika," he replied, looking upon her from his lowly slouch as she moved across his path. Even as a terror to behold, she was beautiful. However, Whip regarded her as a sailor would a coming storm; full of blind fury and uncertainty. He could not help but wonder is she was a storm that he would survive.
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Whip's submission pleased Kalika. She took a deep breath and released the air she was holding in her chest, though she remained high in posture. Good, she said, her voice low, I don't want to have this discussion again. And Kalika knew that she wouldn't have to, for if she ever felt the rage that she did in that moment again, then she would take his life before he could sigh his plea.

She walked around him in a smooth curve, ready to find her way back to the coast. There were things to discuss with the Mothers that could wait no longer.
Select all. Delete.
239 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Whip felt as if he had been called in to the principlals office (if he had known what a principal was), yet he still did not know why. He hadn't done anything wrong. Or, at least that was what he thought. Perhaps Kalika was just trying to play mind games. But mind games or not, Whip intended to stay on the right side of her ire, because he felt it likely that she would follow through with her threats. "Okay," he replied, still intentionally averting her gaze. Whip too wished to never have a conversation such as this, but it was for different reasons. Mostly, self-presevation.

Having said her piece, Kalika left Whip to his own device. Once she was out of sight, Whip rose from where he had cowered in fear. He thought about continuing his walk though the wood, but he no longer felt like exploring. Instead, Whip thought it wise to find somewhere dark to hide for a while.