Bearclaw Valley Safe behind these windows and these parapets of stone
3 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
@Grayday I didn't want you to have to start <3

The broken bowl of the Valley made the nameless girl feel a great deal safer than she did out in the open. She felt tall on the slopes and ridges, being able to look down on prey and predator alike. And the sun bathed everything in a caressing light; slender rays peeking through soft clouds that would thicken come sunset and present the waiting soil with a night-long rain. The brightness of everything, the smell of rain and new flora, the presence of spring; it lifted her spirits, without her realizing it.

She spied a rabbit warren from her perch, and though her pinched belly rumbled fiercely at the distant sight, the girl felt a weakness to her limbs that wouldn't allow for a satisfying chase.

Still, she could practically taste the hare-blood on her tongue, and her mouth started to salivate as her thoughts began to take her to less hungry places in her mind. The fog of her imagination had her forgetting how close to the ledge she was...

She took a step forward and was immediately wrenched violently from her reverie, as she fell and bounced fifteen feet down to the cold, solid ground with a muffled thuffp.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
I'm PPing Dawn in this thread, but I'd love to have @Sunny pop in! Also, @Adeline may or may not be around here somewhere, so I'm going to be very vague about that until I know more.
The days had been getting warmer and warmer, something that Grayday could not wholly appreciate. His coat had been made for the wintertime of a much cooler climate, and thus, the warmer months were often nothing short of torture for the thick-pelted male. Hopefully, his children would not run into the same problem since their mother's fur had been a reasonable density.

So far, the kids had been doing well at following the rules. He rarely had to call either of them back to him - especially not Dawn, who was still a little timid of the outside world. They'd never been outside of Easthollow before, and though the Bearclaw Valley was not very far out of it, they'd taken the long way 'round, and it probably seemed very far from what they were used to.

"You can explore a little bit," he said to his terrible two, cautioning them with his eyes not to test the limits. "Stay close, but you don't have to walk in my shadow."

This was said, in particular, to Dawn, who had been doing just that. Sheepishly, the girl scooted away, going to investigate some mysterious moss-covered rocks that laid about three tail-lengths from Day's side. He chuckled to himself at her clinginess, thinking that she would soon get over it if he knew her at all.

Suddenly, though, a strange sound and a whoosh of motion caught his eyes. He leapt toward Dawn with a snarl, looking wildy for his son even as he tried to keep an eye on the mass of grey that'd fallen down from a nearby ledge. Wolf, his nose told him. Female. And despite what'd happened to Sunny not too long ago, the male immediately dropped his guard. What would a shewolf do to a couple of pups?

"Are you alright?" he called out, finding himself still unwilling to leave Dawn's side.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny had only wandered a few feet away before the loud sound alerted him to something possibly being wrong, and so he dashed between his father's legs issuing a semi deep growl as his fur rose along his spine. He noticed his father's relaxed stance but didn't follow suit, instead squeezing out to stand in front of Dawn protectively his tiny tail rising above his back.