Silver Creek Names falling into place, As droplets fell through the dark.
239 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
Private 
@Spring @Soni @Seri @Soren Back-dating this to the 1st of March (the pups are a week and one day old) for naming!

His children had been alive for a week. Only, that wasn't true. They'd been alive for much longer than a week. For many weeks, inside of Spring. They had been visible for a week. Outside for a week. And Spring had said she wished to use his parent's naming conventions, which had humbled him and made him adore her even more. The very names of his children would bear combinations of his and Spring's names. A mark that they would carry no matter how far they roamed, or how old they grew. A bold claim, a proud claim, to state who had made them.

He had taken some time to think of ideas, instructing Spring to do the same, after telling her the rules. You can't reuse letters in the same name, they can go in any order but they must start with either an H, or an S. It was much harder than he had ever thought, coming up with names. And so, today, he came armed with a handful of both male and female names. He poked his head into the den inhaling the warm scent of his mate, his children and the nostalgic scent of milk. The sun was only just peeking over the horizon, but he could not wait any longer.

"Spring? Are you awake?" His voice was a whisper, not wanting to wake her or the children.
Sometimes You Just Have To Believe
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
At the sound of her beloved mate's voice she opened a single eye to glance at him.  Recently, after him telling her the naming process she'd started to come up with names that she rather enjoyed herself.  Still she would allow her mate to offer up his thought up names first, as it was his families tradition originally.

"Now I am," she grumbled, a playful tease hinted in her tone.  "Have you thought of any good names yet?"
239 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
He watched her eye slide open and his tail gave a wave. She grumbled playfully at him and he smirked. "Are you sure? Perhaps you're still dreaming, waking to such a handsome man at your den." He slid in further, pausing to give her a slow nuzzle on her neck. It was a lingering and loving gesture, full of his love for her.

"I have, have you? I thought of two boy and two girl names. I thought that we could tell each other and pick our favorites from what each other gives, until they're all named. We can go pup by pup once we've picked the favorites, see who looks like...who." He beamed again, practically itching with excitement. "Do you want to go first?"
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
She laughed at his joke, with a playful smirk and then proceeded to eye him quizzically as he asked her if she'd like to go first and tell him the names that she had thought up.  Still she'd been the one to ask him first, so therefore he got to go first and that was that.

"I asked you first," she replied teasingly, giving him a playful nudge.  She then waited, feeling love sparkle in her chest for her one and only true mate.
239 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
Her teasing voice made his tail wag and he grinned. "Alright, alright. Let's take turns then. Boy names first? Then girls?" He nuzzled her once, buzzing with excitement. "For boys," He paused and glanced over his sons. "I thought Hessir and Soren. My father's name was Hessar, and it just worked out that our names had similiar letters. I thought it would be a nice tribute. And Soren, because it seems like a solid name. Like an actual name, you know?" He was sure she'd run into the problem where coming up with names became hard, they stopped sounding like names and were just...sounds.

"And what about your boys names?" What ways had her mind taken things that his hadn't?
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Soren... she liked that name quite a bit.  When it came to her turn, she paused with thought for a few moments, thinking of her top two out of a couple that she had liked.

"I like Soren for the little white fluffball," she began with a soft smile, "and how about Hinton or Sonte for our other little boy?"  She suggested, as she gazed lovingly at her sweet little babies.  "What about for the two girls?  Do you have any name ideas?  I was thinking maybe Seri for the silvery white one?"
239 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
His tail waved happily at her approval. "Yes, I could see him being a Soren. It's a good name, handsome sounding. Charming. Things that he'll be, when he's older." He grinned to her and then nuzzled his newly named son. He listened to her suggestions and though Sonte was okay, it was Hinton that grabbed his attention. "Hinton." He said, looking to the larger male. "I like it, it's perfect."

He paused to nuzzle both the boys, and then his mate, before returning to the task at hand. His girls now, his sweet little girls. "Girls seemed harder." He said, looking to Spring, barely able to drag his eyes from the floofs that were his children. "Seri is nice, too. Short and sweet. But with the possibility for mischeif. I can imagine yelling it sternly after she's done something. Mine were Song, and Soni." He had thought of a few others, but these had been his top two. "Soren, Hinton, Seri and...who for this one?" He bent to nuzzle the last of the children. "Who are you, little one?" He said softly, smiling.