Neverwinter Forest Mama! I Killed A...Thing
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille bounded out, full of energy on the eve of the morning. His father had fallen asleep, and was not watching as his son went out of the den. But not so far. He had been spending lots of time with his father. And with such time, he had learnt some words. As well as being taught to howl. And just that he did as he ran about, no doubt waking everyone. 

He kept running in circles, yipping and making more howls till he suddenly stopped, eyes drawn to something moving. Immediately, just like had been shown, he crept up on the small two-winged creature, otherwise known as a butterfly. It did not move, not until he was upon it and it's wings did a little flitter while it was perched. With a little laugh, he whispered to it, "Hi." And then he lifted a paw, looked at his paw, then the butterfly. Arrille had a rather cruel humor toward smaller things. That showed when his paw quickly batted down onto the poor insect.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
The poor mother was overworked and sad, but rarely did it show around her family. Only as she walked over the borders alone did her warm smile fade - her eyes growing a little dimmer, or so it seemed. Rian had been the only one to truly accept her as their leader, even though all she had done had been for the pack. She left her son with his father, missing fatal parts of his childhood, just so she could secure their safety. And yet, no one had even showed up when she had called for them; to catch them all a meal so they did not have to scavenge or live off of small prey. More and more was her seemingly never-ending patience and tolerance running out. If they did not accept her as their leader - no, as even their friend - then what point was there in even trying to prove herself?

She had been quick to arise from their den - even before her son, and had left to mark the borders like every day. She had not dared to wake her husband, finding his sleeping form so peaceful that it was a sin to take away his dreams. As she was walking back home, she heard something; her son, yipping and yapping about as if life were some game. The mother chuckled as she approached, watching him (hopefully accidentally) slap a poor butterfly to the ground.

Goodmorning, my sweet. She greeted, settling near him, lying down to look at him better.
"I simply... Don't remember."
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille's ear flicked when the chuckling of his mother reached his ear, and his tail started wagging right away, but he kept his smiling face to the squashed butterfly. His mother had been busy as of late, so he saw less and less of her. "Mom" he greeted cheerfully, lookinbg back at her for a second, then back to the butterfly. Looking at how yellow the stuff that came from inside were. "Fly went splat!" he said, adding in a little laugh.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Luckily, the waterwitch came home every night to tuck the little Arrille in and cuddle with her husband. Without their stability and safety, Ondine doubted she would've made it this far with running the pack. She hated leaving her family alone for around the whole day but was sure the boy needed and enjoyed spending time with his father as well. Ondine smiled as she heard him talk - something he had only just learned to do, and already was she proud of him. She chuckled awkwardly, looking at the first fluttering being.

It's a butterfly. She smiled. Well, it's a dead one now. She said, perhaps a little grimmer than usual. Don't you like their colours? Spring had come, and with it came flowers and the butterflies. Ondine would love to take Arrille with her to where she knew were many flowers - watch him go after even more butterflies.
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille glanced up to his mother when she named the creature he had splatted against the wood it had been resting on. "But ter fly" he said slowly, syllable by syllable. "Dead." That was a term he had not been fully explained on. He knew that was what happened to things when they got hit enough. He did not knew exactly what happened after, and it did not bother him.

He nodded. He did like their colors. But that didn't stop him from splatting them, and neither was it the reason he splatted them. "It funny when they go splat!" he quickly said, then the childish humor kicked in again.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Ondine thought that whenever a soul passed away, they walked the glowing water to the horizon and rested there. She knew not of how it went exactly, and was not about to force her beliefs on her young and impressionable son, but it was a part of her nonetheless. She watched in awe at how her little one repeated the words she had spoken. She was only mildly concerned about the child's fascination with death and decided to shake it off.

Is it now? Ondine questioned. Strange - I like them fluttering a lot more. They dance on the wind, unlike us. She giggled softly.
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He did not shake his head, nor nod. As if he hadn't heard her question, he was too distracted by the butterfly's remains. However, he did catch her next words. He had no idea why he found it funny, he just did. He just enjoyed it, if he were bored. His tail wagged behind him, and he stood up, taking his attention to his mother.

"But, I can't catch them if they flying." Although, that did produce challenge. He never saw it as dancing however. "You like them too, Mother?"
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
It was worrying how her son was so fixated on the remaining butterfly splatters that Ondine's smile wavered and she frowned. Why her son- she thought. She wished for him to grow up respecting life; not laugh at the death of an innocent, beautiful creature. But, Ondine was a creature of utter patience when it came to teaching and children. She whistled a sweet, sea-like tune when her little snowball spoke again.

Perhaps these are things you should not be able to catch, sweetheart... She responded calmly. I like fish - I like how they swim freely in the sea. Butterflies remind me of them. She replied dreamily. But - you've never seen the sea yet - right, little wave of mine?
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille paused, his ears flicking a bit when his mother whistled. She had his attention. "Sea...no. Will I ever see it, mother?" He forget all about the butterfly. "Where is the sea?" He was no interested in seeing this 'sea' that she spoke of, just to see these fish that she spoke of as well.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
[table width=80%][tr][td]A smug yet playful smirk painted itself on her stark-white face with both eyes sparkling like pearls. At least his attention was now on her, and not on the butterfly remains that she would bury as soon as her son was with his father again. Mommy can't make promises right now - mommy's got a job to do... She said sweetly, not wanting to give the child false hope. But, when the time is right, I will take you there myself, my droplet. At his question, she giggled. The Sea was as a God to her, so She was everywhere, but she decided not to force this strange religion she had created upon her new son. She pointed with her paw in the direction of the beach - the way back to where she longed to be. If you keep walking for a long time that way, you'll see it. It's like a REALLY big lake, like the one we have here. She informed.[/tr][/td][/table]
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille's ears flopped down halfway, feeling mildly disappointed. He wanted to go now, but he knew his mother was busy. "Yes mother" he replied when she finished her promise, his tail wagging at his new nickname. And he would hold her to her word.

His head swivelled toward the same direction Ondine pointed out toward, which was where this Sea was. If he ever wanted to go himself, he would be able to. "Did you live there mother?" he asked, turning his head back to her.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
[table width=80%][tr][td]The corners of her lips quirked up for a moment at her young child's understanding. She had barely raised him and already was he polite. It was at that moment that she realised that whatever might come in the near future, Arrille would grow up just fine. His genes were good and his childhood peaceful; there was no possible way he could end up on the wrong path - right?

I did - for the biggest part of my life. I grew up with the waves, and now you will grow up with the leafs. She said softly - almost sad.[/tr][/td][/table]
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"The leafs..." he repeated. He looked up to the leaves of the ttrees around them after she said that. "Did father grow up with the waves?" he asked, turning back to her. His father had not told him. So perhaps his mother would. He was very curious to know about his parents past, as much as he could learn.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
[table width=80%][tr][td]She motioned for her son to come closer, opening her paws so he could even settle against her warm, fuzzy fur of milky white. At his question, she pulled a thoughtful face. I don't know sweetie... She admitted. I met your father near the waves, but I'm not sure if he grew up there... She explained. She didn't know much about Kjalarr as a whole if she was being honest. Then, she smiled. Why don't you ask him next time you see him?[/td][/tr][/table]
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille moved toward his mother, settling between her now open paws. She answered his question, and he put a reminder in his mind that he would ask his father. He snuggled up under her paws, his little tail wagging. "Can we all go one day? Just me, you and father?" he asked, laying his head down.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
[table width=80%][tr][td]She smiled at how her son tugged himself in with her paws and she spotted his tawny-tipped legs. He was much like his father, probably because she had less time to spend with their little droplet - but little did she mind. Kjalarr was a strong man, what more did she wish Kjalarr to be when he was all grown up? She just hoped her sweetness and understanding nature would rub off on him somehow. I can't promise we will. She said, a bit more serious. But I can promise that I will do my very best to make it happen. Quoth she, nodding with a bright smile.[/td][/tr][/table]
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille felt his eyes drooping a little, feeling very comfortable in the space between his mother's paws. His tail swept up onto one of her paws behind him, and he yawned. The words she said were heard, but he felt too tired to reply. "I'm tired, Mother" he murmured to his mother, rubbing his face against her fur. "Can we...can we go into the..." he yawned again, not able to finish his sentence before yawning laying his head down.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
[table width=80%][tr][td]With her mismatched eyes half-closed did she admire her babe - nearly slumbering right in her paws as they enjoyed the day together. Was this what she had been missing out on? It was nearly unbearable needing to choose between duty and love... Of course sweetie... She replied softly, giving him a warm kiss on his head before she nudged him onto his paws carefully. You know the way there? She questioned. She wasn't planning on abandoning him - simply curious as to how far his still little mind could think. She would let him lead her way if he did know, to perhaps boast his pride and make him feel accomplished.[/td][/tr][/table]
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille tiredly nodded. He knew the way, it was the way he took to get here. He just needed to backtrack. Being tired however, it was a possibility of losing his way. Out of stubbornness and self pride he believed he could find his own way back to the den, so he began to walk that direction, stumbling here and there while trying to keep himself awake. "Are y....youuuuu coming mother?" he asked, yawning halfway.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
[table width=80%][tr][td]She smiled brighter as her son revealed her already knew the way home - he was growing up so fast! Ondine could barely keep track of all his improvements in basic things and she felt terrible for it. She was his mother and yet she felt she was not there for him; nor for her mate or... anyone really. But it wasn't entirely her fault; no one but her son and mate gave one crap about her. As they treated her, so would they be treated back. Her masculine form weaved its way carefully behind Arrille's white pelt, shifting from time to time to see if he could still walk. She wasn't against carrying him the last bit; he had earned it. I am sweetheart - mama's right here. She almost sung the words - that was how proud she was of him.[/tr][/td][/table]
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille tiredly smiled after glancing back at his mother to see her following, and he soon arrived at the den where he laid down inside. Soon he was out rather quickly after laying down on the hard ground. "Goodnight m..mother" he yawned as he fell asleep. Even though it was nowhere near night, but sleeping was all the same to him.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
[table width=80%][tr][td]To make sure he did not fall asleep on the way home, Ondine nudged him now and again in the right direction. He was such a cute stumbling pup that it was hard to imagine him growing up to be much like his parents... She kind of liked this size for her son. He was adorable - even if he did find enjoyment in splatting butterflies. She followed him inside, curling around him and tucking him in near her warm belly with silky strands of white fur. Sleep tight little sprite... She whispered, giving him a final kiss on his forehead before laying her own head down to rest. Duties could wait; she wanted and needed some sleepy times with her son.[/tr][/td][/table]