Bramblepoint It would come right back to you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Private 

The Little Voice has been nonexistent recently. Her mind seems deafeningly silent. The world is strangely imbalanced without her usual insanity. 

The silence presses on her ears even in the forest where birds twitter and small animals scamper. Even with the trickling of the creeks and the background hum of life going on around her, Liri cannot stand the silence. 

The winter sprite moves beyond the pack lands. The fear that had kept her hunched and cautious the last time she ventured beyond Sebastian's lands is not present. In its place is alertness, wisdom. 

The world is dangerous. She has seen it; she has survived it. No more can be done to her. 

Liri finds herself in the tangled forest, now reborn with fresh greens and the prospect of a bountiful summer.

The pale nymph tilts her head back as a spring drizzle begins to fall from the sky; her eyes shut in pleasure.

She is at peace.
Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
Since his disappearance, the wolves of Broken Antler Fen probably would not have seen a single trace of him. Before the famine, he had felt distant and it had only begun after the one he loved vanished from his side. He had wanted her, but she had left him. The man had not wanted to leave his new home but during the famine, he had nothing left. His sister was nowhere to be seen, and his love had gone - he had seen no reason to stay. So he went.

However, everywhere he travelled to was just not good enough. It didn't feel right. He didn't feel welcome - he didn't feel like he belonged. That was the only thing that brought him back to the Teekon. He had nowhere else to go. But then, the wolves of his previous pack would not accept him again, would they? For he had done wrong and left them in a harsh time. Despite this, the chestnut man found himself drawn to the land. Before he knew what was happening, he was back in that somewhat familiar tangled forest. He did not plan to return to Broken Antler Fen, but he wished to be near it once more. This was close enough.

Horosk found a place to settle and prepared to rest, but a scent was caught in his nostrils. It was one that made his heart lurch. The stranger smelled of the old pack. And it made a frown creep up on the man's face. However, he was happy for them. Glad that Sebastian had managed to pull his wolves through the tough months of the famine. Or maybe it wasn't Seb leading them anymore. Maybe it was someone else entirely.

The soldier picked himself up off the ground once more to investigate, and only once he realised he did not know the wolf he stepped out from where he had watched. The stranger was female, and had very interesting markings. Much more unique than Horosk's own. "Er, hello?" he greeted, tilting his head to the side. Who was this?
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Her dark eyes open as he steps into the clearing. She turns to him, watching the stranger with curiosity. 

He does not seem like a threat. He is much larger than she, which is not unusual, and muscular in a leaner fashion than her own stocky, square form.

Despite this he lacks a certain darkness found in her rapist and her tormentors; he does not hunger for the pain of others.

"Hello," Liri answers. She's unsure what his tone indicates. He does not seem to be happy about her presence but then, why would he approach if not to speak with her?

"Do you need help?" He seems to be seeking something, what Liri cannot be sure.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
She looked at him and answered, but she also seemed to be curious about his own presence here. With a shake of his head, the man allowed his posture to relax. This female did not seem to pose a threat. She was smaller than him, and fairly stocky, but she did bring back countless happy memories in Horosk. She reminded him a little of her. Perhaps it was the appearance, for his love had been white, but she had not had the marvelous black stripe down her back. That made this woman... different. Though, Horosk still felt rather attached, not that he'd admit it to himself.

He attempted to give a friendly smile, and he stepped forward. "Um, I mean, do you... you come from Broken Antler Fen... correct?" He stumbled over his words a little, though only because of the sadness that tugged at his heart. The scent of that pack had brought back memories too, just like the woman. "Does.... Sebastian still lead...?" It might have seemed like a curious question, but the man dearly wanted to know. Sebastian had been good to him in the time he had spent at the pack and he hoped that he was still ruling.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
A pregnant pause stretches between them. His eyes linger on her; Liri waits with patience. 

He carries with him a sense of melancholy; there is a worn look to his expression and a weariness in his eyes. He reminds Liri of herself. 

"I do. I haven't been there long. I joined..." Liri trails off, a wrinkle of confusion forming between her eyes. 

She knows that it is spring now but she cannot recall how long the winter was nor what portion of it was spent in captivity. 

"...it's been awhile. Not long," she murmurs, eyes flitting away from him. 

"He does. His father's pack joined with his recently, I travelled with them," the sprite leaves herself separate.They are two packs, two families, which she is outside of.

She is an island, within sight of a distant coast. She is tied to the families of Broken Antler Fen by her fear of being alone and yet, unconnected. 

"I'm Liri," she offers, rather suddenly.

Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
Congrats on 400 posts x3

When she spoke that Sebastian was indeed still leading, Horosk felt a small surge of relief. That man was a good one, he certainly deserved his title. However, he couldn't help but be slightly confused when the woman spoke again. She mentioned Seb's brother bringing his pack to join with Broken Antler Fen. Horosk had not known about this brother.

Though, it did not particularly matter. "Nice to meet you, Liri. My name is... Horosk." He had not slept for a while, thoughts clouding his mind, leaving him pondering constantly over different things. At least now, one was gone. The man shook his pelt in an attempt to look slightly more composed but it had no effect. He let out a sigh and gave up. 
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
didn't even notice haha, thank you
"Horosk," she repeats with a slight nod, as if approving of his name. 

She pads closer to him, slowing with an inquisitive look as she nears. Liri moves slow enough that he could stop her if he wishes; extending her muzzle to sniff him. 

His scent is clouded by the rain falling but it is discernable. The sylph smells him, pressing her nose to Horosk's chest and shoulder. 

After a moment she pulls back, moving away to a safe distance. It's only then that she relaxes her unintentional tension.

"Why did you leave Broken Antler Fen?" Liri questions, dark eyes turning to Horosk searchingly.

Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
When Liri approached and began to sniff him, Horosk leaned forward to do the same. Once they had both finished, the woman seemed to have another question for him. "I.... didn't really feel like I belonged there anymore." His words were true. Despite the few friendships he had made among their ranks, the man had nobody to care for. When he had first joined there had been Fallenstar - who he must say that he had just a tinsy crush on. Then after she disappeared he met Kareja. But she left him too.

"It was a long time ago." he added, gazing up at the sky for a moment as droplets of rain splashed against his forehead.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
She feels a stab of guilt at asking him to tell her this for it's obvious the memories are not happy. 

"I feel that way often," Liri confides, as if this will make it even. 

The wolves of Broken Antler Fen are kind and she has found reasons to enjoy being there: Pearl, Mato, Sebastian, and Aeronwyn even though she has vanished. 

It is Liri's own fault that she does not belong. She has distanced herself and the breach feels too large to fix now. 

"Odd, isn't it, how all the bad things happened so long ago? Yet, we remain saddened by them," the sylph watches him with understanding. 

They are the same, she and him.

Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
Liri seemed to share some of the feelings that were eating up Horosk. He nodded to her, while thinking back on the time he spent at Broken Antler Fen. No doubt, he had enjoyed it there, but his time with those wolves had come to an end. With a sigh, the man glanced at Liri, listening to her next words. "Yes, it is..." He would have said more, as he very much agreed with her, but he simply did not know what to say. This woman seemed to completely understand.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
not really sure where to go from here lol, I guess this is the last post from Liri and I? Thanks for the thread!

The sun has begun to dip beyond the horizon. Shadows stretch and elongate as the rain eases, the threat of more to come looming over their heads if the heavy black clouds on the horizon are to be believed.

"I should get going. It will be dark soon and I'd hate to be caught in that," Liri tilts her chin in the direction of the brewing storm.

"It was nice to meet you, Horosk," Liri turns a sweet smile to him. She dips her head, moving to leave. 

"I hope you find a reason to be happy again," she calls out before disappearing back into the woods towards Broken Antler Fen.

Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
Okie doke!

Horosk felt the rain ease, but the clouds signalled more to come. Liri was right - the best thing to do right now would be to find shelter. Then he'd decide what to do next. He could attempt to rejoin Broken Antler Fen, but they probably would not want him. By the sound of things, they were doing just fine already. Maybe he'd find a different pack to join, or maybe... maybe he'd start his own. Either way, Horosk did not plan on staying a lone wolf forever.

"Goodbye, Liri. And the pleasure's all mine," The man spoke and dipped his head before turning to walk back the way he came. Perhaps one day he'd meet Liri again. They seemed to have one thing in common at least.