Ravensblood Forest fuck it and whatever
pretty girls make graves
107 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
All Welcome 
Kitsch had found Teaghlaigh’s coffers to be full and she gorged in a way only a starving child would. Kitsch ate and filled her belly until she was full to bursting; and when she became sick and wretched it all back up, Kitsch immediately proceeded to feast once more. Perhaps the inkstained girl would be reprimanded for eating so greedily, but this thought did not linger in Kitsch’s brain for long and she was all-consumed with thoughts of food and nourishment and her inborn drive to consume as much flesh as possible was far too great. Soon her belly bulged from her frame [which had been made weak and feeble from her own personal famine] and Kitsch pulled herself forcibly away, maw and cheeks stained a sickly shade of pink. She had overeaten and would regret her bellyache that would occur later, but for now she was happy.

Kitsch could only walk a few feet away from the scene of her crime before sleepiness overtook her and the pearl found the nearest patch of soft grasses and curled up as unconsciousness rocked her away in its arms.
smells  just   like  vanilla
kiss   is   sugary    sweet
skins warm like  an oven

& tastes like buttercream

33 Posts
Ooc — Genevieve
hi, hope you don't mind Lia :3

Lia is roaming, blue fur sticky in some places where the bloody sap of the sequoias has brushed her in passing. Against the flint of her coat it appears almost startlingly like blood. 

She has not yet met many of Arturo's wolves but when she meets her first one her nose wrinkles in disgust. 

The woman is not unappealing herself. She is a pretty thing, feminine not unlike Lia's own appearance, with snow fur marred only by the black tips that accentuate her pelt. 

It is the act that Lia has caught her in that revolts her so. The woman has quite obviously eaten a large amount of one of the caches. She smells of vomit, signalling that even when full she ate until she was sick. 

Lia sneers at the sleeping woman, tail swinging slowly with anger. It is not food she caught but there is something about such a lack of self-control that the Raurc finds repelling. 

It is most certainly something Neasa would never have allowed. The Family comes first, something this woman has deigned to ignore.
pretty girls make graves
107 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
yay :3

Kitsch rested in a fitful sleep, unable to get full comfortable due to the tightness of her small waist. The pearl slept that way for some time while but eventually stirred and roused from her drowsy state. There was a yawn and a pink tongue that curled in her mouth, then a stretch of her body long and she kneaded her ribcage and inky toes into the earth. Perhaps she would now walk amongst the forest once more, undistracted, and truly explore this pack she had haphazardly become a part of.

It was when Kitsch suddenly fluttered her pale eyelids open, revealing her youthful aquamarine gaze [as if her puppy blues never faded as most did but became stronger and brighter as she aged], that Kitsch noticed the presence of another. Her head whipped around and found the other: a sneering woman, seemingly quite angry. Kitsch huffed, yawned again and gathered her limbs together, arranging them underneath her and pressing herself up into a sitting position.

“I’m going to replace it, okay?”
skins warm like  an oven

33 Posts
Ooc — Genevieve
sorry she's such a bitch lol

Lia only stares as the woman awakens. She seems to have startled the pale one with her approach but the doyenne does not apologize.

The woman sits with a yawn and Lia can only continue to stare in blatant disdain. She cannot fathom why Arturo would accept this entitled young woman. Surely she is not that much younger than the colleen and yet, she is childish and Lia doubts that she has any skills to speak of. Certainly dignity is not one of them. 

"I would assume so," Lia drawls dryly, every ounce of Raurc breeding apparent in her tone. The belladonna has only spoken a handful of words to this woman-child and still, Lia is certain that such a weak-willed person will not last long in Teaghlaigh. 

"Who are you, anyways?" Her tone comes off disinterested, almost emotionless. It's more for sake of cataloguing her away for future reference than a wish for friendship.

Arturo did expect her to meet The Family, after all.
pretty girls make graves
107 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
I see Kitsch has met her match :)

Why was this lady being such a drag? Kitsch had just awoken, give her a break. It must have been her overindulgence that ticked off this woman -- but were these caches not for the sustenance of the pack, and was she not starving? Sure, there were two pregnant women in the pack who likely were eating voraciously, but did she not deserve to stuff herself silly, at least once? The pale girl had been granted admittance into the pack just as much as anyone else had and Kitsch would be remiss to let anyone snuff out her inbon sense of entitlement.

Kitsch took a deep breath and drank in this woman’s scent. She noticed that Lia smelled no more of Teaghlaigh than she did; who was this newcomer to throw shade at her?  “I am Kitsch,” she said matter of factly, with a nod of distinction punctuating the end of her sentence. 

“and you are….?”
skins warm like  an oven

33 Posts
Ooc — Genevieve
Lia examines the woman, Kitsch, subtly as she speaks. Silver orbs flick to her occasionally, roving to take in the surrounding forest between covert glances. 

She is obviously annoyed with Lia's derision of her character and this puts a condescending smirk on the Raurc's face. Despite herself, Lia finds herself unable, or perhaps unwilling, to shake it. 

Kitsch's scent of Teaghlaigh is as bare as her own, only the slightest hint of Arturo to signify her belonging, yet she has eaten more than her fill. Lia only barely supresses the urge to either snort, in a  rather unladly-like fashion, or roll her eyes or maybe even both. 

Lia allows her eyes to land on the woman, taking in the self-importance Kitsch gives off. There is no doubt the doyenne's mind that Kitsch is higher in rank than she. She had learned on her tour around Ravensblood Forest that there were so few numbers that many were immediately accepted into The Family. 

Yet, Lia does not bow submissively to Kitsch. Should it have been anyone else Lia would have, but to Kitsch the colleen shows her most domineering stance. It is full of the societal bearing Neasa taught her to embody. 

Lia believes that she has far more status. She has asked to remain a Comhlach while this woman has not even earned the right to be a part of The Family. At the very least, she hasn't in Lia's eyes. 

"I am Lia Raurc," she informs with a grace that even Neasa would be impressed by.
pretty girls make graves
107 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Kitsch felt as if she were on display for this woman, was being critiqued and analyzed by her. Kitsch’s stracciatella tail lashed behind in protest; for Kitsch was used to being the center of attention, but never was she looked upon with such disgust; as if she were a lowly peasant, deserving of shame and ridicule. Of course, the pearl was anything but a peasant and as such, Kitsch gave an exasperated huff and shrugged her shoulders. “Sorry, Lia” she said with a facade of disinterest; and inside she truly was sorry. Kitsch never meant to come off as rude and she was always well intentioned… the disgraced princess was just ill-equipped to handle a life outside of her cushy comfort zone.

“I don’t mean to be rude,” Kitsch confessed further. “I was just… so hungry.” Kitsch was a lady, after all — she would never be such a glutton if she hadn’t been spurned on by her starving belly.
skins warm like  an oven

33 Posts
Ooc — Genevieve
The woman appears at first provoked to anger by Lia's judgement. An insincere, or at least at first it sounds that way, apology is given. 

Shortly after Kitsch goes on to explain her hunger drove her to such means. This does not inspire guilt or sympathy from the belladonna but she does reign her anger and superiority in. Hunger is understandable, she experienced the brink of starvation whilst alone.

"I am not the one who caught that food," the Raurc comments. "I am sure the apology would best be delivered by making sure their hard work doesn't go to waste."

She has lost her contempt in place of her usual calm tones. The harshness of her stance is replaced by a neutral complacency. There is no need to press on with Kitsch's surrender and admonition. The femme will not likely make this mistake again.

"The Family comes first," Lia reminds her. "I had not meant to shame your honor, Kitsch."

"I have The Family's best interests in mind. It gets the best of me at times," 
Lia allows herself to smile for the first time. A valued member of Teaghlaigh may be made of Kitsch yet.
pretty girls make graves
107 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Her apology was taken in grace, and Kitsch was thankful. She did not like being reprimanded by others — it made her feel like nothing more than a child who was not in control of her actions. In a way, she wasn’t; there seemed to be a disconnect in Kitsch’s brain between her own actions and the consequences. All too often, Kitsch couldn’t draw this line and it left her constantly in a state of woeful victimhood. It might have been because, in her babyhood, she had been so far removed from consequences. She only need to say a single a word, and the deed was done. That was how she liked it; it did not feel very good to look in the faces that lay on the receiving end of her actions.

Lia was only protecting her pack, so Kitsch forgave her too [not that Lia was asking for it or anything]. Our pack, the pearl mentally corrected herself. She was part of this pack now and was expected to contribute. However, Kitsch had convinced herself that her stay with Teaghlaigh was not more than just that: a stay, with a distinctive start date and end date.   She had to get home; there was obviously something wrong back home because otherwise someone would have found her by now.  They sent out sentinels and search parties for persons far less important than she! Eventually Kitsch would have to thank Teaghlaigh for their hospitality and bid them adieu, but for now… she better not piss them off. Kitsch then resolved to go on hunt and make a big show of whatever she brought back. 

Kitsch was brought back to the conversation when Lia mentioned Teaghlaigh's best interests. "What are Teaghlaigh's best interests?" she questioned lackadaisically, groaning from the food that stuck heartily to her ribs. Perhaps Teaghlaigh's successes lied in more than just the blind obediance of the man Arturo?
skins warm like  an oven

33 Posts
Ooc — Genevieve
love the signature by the way, great song :)

Lia ponders this for a moment. What are Teaghlaigh's best interests? Is she, a bastard of one of the families, really the right person to explain this to outsiders?

"The Family is first. That is of the utmost importance, save for Ceannasach's word is law," Lia recites.

The ideas are as familiar to her as the color of her fur, the way her youngest half-sister laughed, the den she grew up in. 

"They come before the individual." She glances meaningfully to the empty cache with a sly grin. Chastising but no longer angry.
pretty girls make graves
107 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
It has been on repeat for a while :)  Kitsch’s theme is a really really really good cover — it’s in her profile if you want to give it a listen!

“Oh,” Kitsch uttered, as Lia echoed the words Arturo had introduced to her on their borders. She had been silly for thinking that this pack was any different than hers or any other pack. To survive and to maintain order. For a second there, Kitsch had hoped for something a little colorful or a little dazzling, something that could keep her attention, but she didn’t get it and it left the dove a little browbeaten.  Of course, right then very little could actually keep her attention.  The girl was sleepy again was determined not to show such a lack of self control in front of this [essential] stranger; Kitsch didn’t like others know much about her except for the fact that she was born with royal blood. She shook her thin pelt, hoping to rid her body of the sleep which it so craved.

When she stilled, Kitsch stifled a yawn with a question that had been buzzing in the back of her mind. “Hey, do you know anything about babies?” The girl had claimed to be good at caretaking and Arturo did mention there were two ladies were were having litters soon — so she might as well learn a thing or two before the births [as she was not a fan of trial by fire]. Kitsch raised a burnt eyebrow at the woman, wondering what knowledge she could share.
skins warm like  an oven

33 Posts
Ooc — Genevieve
Her confusion is only shown in the slight tilt of her head. Whether or not her words have been taken to heart will show soon enough.

"Well, yes. Everyone knows something about babies I suppose," Lia smirks, not maliciously. 

"I have a younger half-sister. I cared for her at times amongst other children," Lia admits. 

Child care is not a hard task if one knows what to do. Just don't get the child killed. Simple.
pretty girls make graves
107 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Kitsch hadn’t got the details she had inferred she needed and she quickly became frustrated with Lia’s inability to read her mind. It was ultra-annoying when others couldn’t anticipate her needs and she had to go out of her way to get things or gain information that she assumed were readily available to her. Everyone back at home got it — they understood that was how things worked. Kitsch knew she had an easily-irritable soul and since her youth was quickly slipping away from her [every single day, it seemed!], she would not be able to rely on her teenage angst for much longer. But for now, even something so small as Lia not immediately divulging all her knowledge for Kitsch’s disposal was… disappointing.

“What do you know?” she asked, trying to keep her voice low and blasé and though she was somewhat ieager and invested in the topic. "How do you..." she began a question but never finished it, because once she started speaking the girl quickly had no idea what even to ask about — she rooted around for something, anything more specific than "pups" to ask about, but she knew next to nil. So he mouth clipped shut, a little embarassed at her obvious ignorance. 
skins warm like  an oven

33 Posts
Ooc — Genevieve
Kitsch is obviously confused and that baffles Lia as well. She finds it hard to believe that the young woman has never encountered children or cared for them. 

"Specifically?" the doyenne questions rhetorically. "You have to feed them, keep them clean, and keep them safe. Those are the basics anyways." 

"How do you what?" 
The half-Raurc questions, tail swinging slightly in agitation.
pretty girls make graves
107 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Still Lia did not help Kitsch to find the meaning of her unspoken words; instead Lia spoke in quip, so Kitsch would have to root around for it herself! Yes, everyone knew that babies needed to eat, be clean and kept safe — those were the exactly services that her own governesses and guards had given to her. She needed more details“Um, I mean… what do they eat?” After a pause, she decided she need to clarify further. “You know, after they stop drinking milk…” at this, Kitsch couldn’t help but giggle, imagining small pups gnawing and chewing on a cadaver with their small milkteeth as their parents might. No, there had to be a transitional diet — she just didn’t know what it was comprised of.

Kitsch looked up at Lia with sparkling aquamarine eyes, interested in what Lia would share; she had cared for her younger half-sister, after all.
skins warm like  an oven

33 Posts
Ooc — Genevieve
Lia can sense Kitsch's growing frustration with her vague answers. Lia in turns feels discomfort prickling at her hackles. She is not a mind-reader. 

"Ah," Lia sighs in clarity, relaxing slightly. This is a specific question that the Raurc can answer with ease. 

"Babes eat regurgitated meat," Lia watches with interest as the words leave her mouth. She knows Kitsch will be disgusted by this.
pretty girls make graves
107 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
“Oh,” she didn’t remember eating any regurgitated meat – surely, she would have remembered such a thing, even in her early age! Perhaps, as a child, she simply refused… as the idea, today [when she was so much more mature] was enough to turn her stomach. “Gross.”  Kitsch’s rosy tongue poked between her lips in an act of mock disgust, and she hoped Lia would find amusement in this… but Kitsch assumed the stoic Raurc would probably take offense to this, too.

After another moment’s silence, Kitsch lifted her voice once more. “I don’t know if I’ll even allow allowed around the babies, especially the royal ones.” Wrong: she was the royal one. “but, if I am and I have any questions, can I ask you?” Kitsch, for a moment, looked quite vulnerable and her eyes beseeched Lia to help her do this one thing. If Kitsch were deemed unworthy of packhood and became expatriated from Teaghlaigh, she would surely die… so, as much as she loathed it, she needed to pull her weight and learn a skill [or, at least, appear to do so].
skins warm like  an oven

33 Posts
Ooc — Genevieve
The idea that she is too stiff to understand humor is something that Lia takes harshly. She knows she is stern, uptight and not at all the type to embody laughter nor friendliness. Her expressionless features do not lend well to the idea that she is approachable nor someone who even understands carefree spirits like Kitsch.

Lia is a tightly-wound soul who, not unlike Kitsch, was raised to be the future of something bigger than herself. The only difference is that Lia has been trained to denounce individualistic needs over those of the greater good; to never show weakness and most certainly never let others see that she, an illegitimate bastard, is a stain upon the Raurc name. 

Kitsch has been free to live a spoiled life that she must now break out of to survive. Lia has been constantly constrained by the societal views of her family and must now learn to be free if she wants to fit in. 

In a way, the two need each other to be balanced. In time, they may even become friends. 

Still, she does not laugh at the face that Kitsch pulls though a small smile tugs at the corner of her mouth. 

"You may," Lia agrees, nodding slightly. "Where I come from trades are equal. Should I help you, you will have to help me in return," she continues with an inquisitive expression. 

"I am Comhlach, I must complete a task to prove I am worthy of Teaghlaigh," Lia explains. "Should I come to you for help with it, will you help me?" 

The colleen figures it won't hurt to make Kitsch feel like an equal. The girl is young and sensitive, it is better to encourage her to become Family than to exclude her for her mindset. Kistch will learn.
pretty girls make graves
107 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
forgive me for the wait!

Lia not only agreed, but turned the request around on her! At this, Kitsch visibly perked up – her ash tipped ears perched atop her head and her pink tongue slipped from her mouth to trace her lips in an existential hunger, tasting the sweetness of her meal against her maw and the bitterness from the aftermath.  Lia, needing her help? Though the question was likely just flattery [but was Lia even capable of sycophancy?] as Kitsch didn’t truly have any viable skills – but Kitsch’s sunken, downy chest puffed out just the same. “Yes!” she chirped. In her past life, Kitsch might have thumbed her nose at such a request – but if her time in the wilds had taught her anything, it was this: without her royal bearings as an aegis, she needed to be needed. To be needed was to be safe.

Then, Kitsch began to wonder: would assisting in Lia’s initiation task break her aegis of competence? The thought of being seen for what she really was immediately turned Kitsch’s stomach, which swelled with pride just moments before. If Lia called her to task and it was something she was unable to accomplish, would Teaghlaigh turn her away from their estate – and then she would start back from square one, starving and wandering aimlessly in foreign lands? Kitsch turned her head to think for a moment and decided she needed to leave before Lia could proceed any further.

“I gotta go find, uh… gotta go hunt to replace what I took.” she stammered, throwing a glance towards the ransacked cache. Kitsch had no intention of hunting [as the girl knew it would be a futile effort] but at least it sounded good and might put her in Lia’s good graces… not that she cared, or anything.  Kitsch swept her chest and legs in a delicate curtsy before turning to make her retreat.
skins warm like  an oven

33 Posts
Ooc — Genevieve
Kitsch brightened, only to dim seconds later. She departs soon after with hurried excuses and Lia does not stop her. She watches Kitsch go emotionlessly, silver eyes trailing after the tiny winter fae. 

When she has gone, Lia sags a bit with a glance at the caches. No doubt the other members of the Family will need to refill it, including the Raurc. 

With a last disapproving glance, Lia dissapears into the shade of the forest.