Stone Circle carry me home in good health
a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
there was something fluttering within her chest, an itch that could not be scratched. 
perhaps, it had something to do with the fact that the girl was growing up. or the fact that much was changing within her small world. and, perhaps, it had something to do with the fact that her world was just so small. With the absence of Grayday and his small family, and the many faces that had come to fade from her life, her mind turned now with the changing of the seasons to the world outside their borders. 

she longed to explore, the travel, now that the confining cold had faded. She wanted to see the sea, explore the mountains she knew lay to the south. she hated this ignorance of the world around her, the wondering that could easily be sated. half-heartedly she searched for recent scents of @Valette or @Steady, hoping to catch them somehow. She thought too of @Nikai, and so too searched for him, so that she may tell him of how she felt...and perhaps gain a partner in the plan brewing in her mind.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was actually resting for once. The female had a lot on her plate these last few weeks. Phiipa went through a heat and she was so fearful she wouldn't get a chance to be pregnant. Luckily Steady had behaved well yet she was still upset that her heat wasn't there yet. How unfair?!

She needed a good rest and was taking the opportunity to have a nap in the warm spring sun. Valette wouldn't mind to have someone close to her to snuggle against, but she also didn't want to promote too many naps. The warm rock she was curled against now served as a snuggling partner.
a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
She chanced upon the scent of Valette, the wind in its teasing manner bringing it to her. She did not hesitate, merely altered her course and continued on, pale blue gaze seeking the dark form of her mother. she found it soon enough, though it was not in action that she found the woman, rather, resting in the springtime sun. she stilled her paws, allowing a chuff to slip from betwixt her jaws as she surveyed Valette. 

she grew as the season's changed, though still had not reached the height of Valette...something that bothered her in the slightest, though she would not admit it. What use was a hunter of small size? Still, she yearned to take part in a great hunt- surely she was old enough now.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette had not sleeping deeply so when she heard the chuff of the other wolf, the female lifted her head. Her eyes fell on her daughter. Quickly a smile turned on her lips. The alpha wagged her tail behind her and pushed herself to her feet. She had enough napping for now. The sun made her all warm and fuzzy, and quite sleepy.

"Keoni," she greeted and stepped closer giving her a few licks. She was glad to see her daughter. How she had grown. Valette didn't know that this was an issue for the female. "Were you looking for me or did you came in to say hi?" she asked.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Little did Nikai know of the feelings that brewed within his sister. He himself had considered travel lately, he had felt a wanderlust that didn't match at all with his desires to be close to his family. If he could, he would take them all with him as he explored, but he wasn't sure it was that easy. He wasn't sure it'd be the same, it'd be what he wanted, longed for, if he did.

He was nearby when he heard Valette's voice and ears perked up, his head following, as he looked in the direction of the voice. There he saw Keoni too, and with a soft wave of his tail he approached.

Nikai let out a chuff to let his presence be known and he nosed the underside of Valette's chin and Keoni's cheek with a soft-spoken "Hi," unaware that this meeting wasn't pure chance.
a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
her mother stirred, and uttered a few soft words. Nikai, too, appeared, and Keoni returned his greeting, and Valette's, smiling a little uneasily at the pair. " I was looking for you- and Nikai, and Steady, too."  she admitted readily, finding her slight nervousness in delivering her thoughts to dispell as soon as she begun to speak. "Ette- you said a while ago, that one day when I was bigger, we'd go exploring."  she begun, gaze flickering to Nikai with a small, excited smile. "Am I big enough yet?" she asked with a grin, and a tilt of her head. " I want to see the Wilds, Ette. And the ocean, and the north, and all the way south, like you!"  she said with excitement, gaze glinting as she spoke of what had been brewing within her for a while yet. wanderlust- she would be overjoyed to hear if Nikai felt the same, for then perhaps they could explore, together!
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette's tail kept on wagging now her two children were so close around her. It always did her well. It was great to see them grow up into adulthood. She realized that the kids might be bored with their territory. Plus her stories of far away lands had probably sparked some interest in Keoni, and perhaps Nikai too. Valette looked over them and then nodded. "I can't see why not? Though I would like it if you would explore the valley first, it is the Region we live in," she explained.

"The mountains can be dangerous to cross and the north, The taiga, can be unfriendly towards strangers," she spoke. She knew that if she would forbid them to go they would sneak out anyhow. It was what she would do. Valette was still young herself. She hoped that if she would give permission that they would listen to her words and not go too far yet. Not alone over the mountains at least. "Can you do me one favor if you go? Tell me? Then I won't go searching or be worried too much."
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai listened as Keoni immediately burst forward asking for permission to travel. He was surprised to find that his sister mirrored much of his own questions. He'd felt wanderlust creep on him and had felt guilty, but when Valette positively responded he felt relieved.

"Can I go too?" he asked softly, a question that he knew was mere formality now that his sister's request had been approved.
a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
her gaze grew bright, smile sparking on her muzzle. "Yes! Thank you, 'Ette!" her tail writhed in happiness as she bestowed a kiss upon Valette's cheek, listening with only half an ear as her mother continued, caught up in excitement over the fact that she'd finally be able to adventure. she did not know, yet, that in a matter of days she'd attempt a quick trip over the mountains, just to see what was over them without causing Valette worry. nor did she know how poorly that trip would go. 

she whirled on Nikai as he asked, too, and grinned at him. "We could explore together! We'll see everything there is to see, 'Kai!"  she said with a grin, and could hardly wait to head beyond their borders with her brother and see all there was to see.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette smiled seeing the two so happy. She was going to make sure she would give them Ranger lessons. The mother wanted her kids to navigate well, so they wouldn't lose their way home like she had done with Phoenix. The female still felt a bit guilty at that. If she hadn't been lost that day, well, perhaps she wouldn't even be here and their mother. A strange thought. "When it is good weather and lots of smells I can take you two to the meadow," she promised. Hopefully, that would stir some anticipation for some future exploring.

fade end here?
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Keoni was quick to suggest they both go together and Nikai smiled softly at her, looking forward to spending time with his sister again. "It'll be fun," he said with a soft smile, before looking back to Valette. His tail wagged at her suggestion to take them to a meadow that was presumably nearby, and he looked at Keoni with much excitement, looking forward to this trip already.

my last post! :)
a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
"Yeah!" chirped the girl, eager for a family outing. while it wasn't the cross-Wilds trip she had been imagining, it was a start, and sure to eventually turn to something big. maybe they could all go see the north, or the sea! but or now, Keoni was intent with the nearby meadow, and as she playfully nipped at her brother's shoulder inexitment, she certainly couldn't wait.