Stone Circle how do ya do?
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
All Welcome 
@Phiipa after this thread !

Akuti had quite the nose on her. In fact, she was so good at tracking the scents of the territory's fauna and flora, that she'd found herself a hidden juniper bush, not far from her purple ladies. Looking back at her companion, she examined the find thoroughly, contemplating if she should gather them now or allow them a bit of time to mature in the coming spring. Akuti shurgged and sat back on her haunches with her back leaning against an upright stone as she smiled at Phiipa and inhaled the deeply rooted scent of life. The new season would soon be upon them, surely. And with it came a bounty of meat which could easily sustain a pack even as large as Easthollow. Isn't it lovely? This is my favorite part.

the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
The place that Akuti had lead Phiipa to was indeed lovely, and it held some of the first actual sprouted flowers she'd seen this year. She'd seen buds, and rarely a spot of color erupted from those buds, but winter had quelled the color that Phiipa so loved, and she'd missed it dearly. To see the flowers that grew here, it reminded her of how much she truly loved he spring time. She trotted towards the juniper bush and picked a leaf from it. She placed the lead gently on the ground and began picking the berries off of the bush and placing them onto the leaf

It is absolutely gorgeous. So you must come here often? She said, glancing at Akuti to show that she was listening before returning to her task.

759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
I do, Akuti said in response to Phiipa's inquiry. She came here when she missed her family most, and though the hole left in her heart grew smaller everyday, the guilt that festered within fought to remain afloat. It reminds me of home, or my home before Easthollow, that is. It became clear that there was no hesitation in Phiipa's gathering, so Akuti decided that rather than sitting back and watching, she would assist the femme. As she gently pulled the berries away from the bush, she asked another question though nearly indecipherable through her full maw, Have you ever had a place like this? A comfort space, I mean.

the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Akuti said that the purple ladies area reminded her of her home, which made Phiipa smile. It made the young golden woman wonder where Akuti had come from, and if she'd gone on such long adventures as Phiipa had, before finding Easthollow. She didn't pry for now however, she was still quite focused on the task at hand. She continued to pick the berries, until she'd filled the leaf. Akuti came to her side and began picking berries with her, so Phiipa went and got a new leaf. They could never have too much juniper.

The question the darker woman asked was hardly understandable, so it took a moment before Phiipa figured it out. She nodded, thinking about the forests that dotted Easthollow's territory, specifically Pando Clone. Yes I do. My old home was very forested, so the areas of our territory that are thickly forested greatly remind me of home. I've been keeping my herb cache there, just so I have a reason to walk through the trees. She said, a smile on her face.

759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
Akuti smiled as she listened to the other speak and reminesce on her old life. In fact, it made Akuti think of her own pack who she had been forced to leave behind. That sounds lovely. My birth pack was similar to this, though it was much more marshy. There was moisture everywhere you went! It got especially problematic in the spring and summer time when we had all of the children running around. She was stopped by a slight choke in her throat, though she cleared it and laughed to hide the sudden wave of emotion.

the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Akuti spoke very fondly of her home and Phiipa smiled, glad to hear of it, though the golden girl could hardly imagine living in a place with as much moisture as was described. Phiipa preferred spring yes, but only in its driest days. She hated rain and water with a fiery passion, for it soaked her fur and clung it to her sides. All the grooming she had to do after a good rain, torture. Though she knew it was necessary for the earth to survive, so she tried to be as tolerant to it as possible.

She didn't miss the small choke of emotion that Akuti let slip, and she very much wanted to ask her if it, though she didn't want to be nosey. So she took a different approach. I would very like children of my own some day. With the right male of course. Do you? She asked, knowing it wasn't every wolf's dream to want children.

759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
I have children, actually, Akuti told Phippa, but I had to leave them behind not long after they were born. I found Easthollow about a month later. Perhaps it had even been less travel, as she continued to lactate for some two weeks after arriving. Rather than sharing this, Akuti decided that the gory details were better kept to herself. But I would love a do-over. Maybe in the future when things are different. Maybe when her husband held some sort of respect for his wives. Have you ever fallen in love, Phiipa? As she awaited her companion's answer, Akuti went for another leaf to have to herself so that each might have more room to collect, then continued picking from the juniper.

the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Akuti spoke of her having children, and Phiipa paused her task. Her heart dropped for the other girl, who had children but had to leave them behind. Phiipa knew she could never do that, but she wasn't going to judge. She didn't know the whole story, and she was sure there was some reason. So she held her pity for the woman, and instead gave her a comforting smile. I'm sorry to hear that. I know how it feels to want a do over, I've done many things in my life that I wish I hadn't. She said, thinking of Derian Rise, losing her sisters, then leaving Ghost and the Silver Creek wolves. Too many mistakes.

She got back to collecting juniper, then smiled at Akuti's question. No. I love many wolves, but not in that way. I've had crushes of course, but I've never had someone to spend my life with. I would like that very much though, so if you come across any single men, please do put in a good word for me. She said playfully with a soft chuckle, though she wouldn't really mind if Akuti did so.

759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
Akuti didn't like feeling the pity of others though she wasn't a fan of being rude, either. With Phiipa's words, she gave a kind smile and chose to not speak so as to leave the topic behind. Rather, she picked up the next with a look of intrigue on her face. Oh really? she cooed, playfully teasing her friend, I think I will. Akuti joined in on Phiipa's laughter but it was quickly qualmed with the thoughts of her own cringy love life.

Can I tell you something? Akuti asked, another wolf drifting into her train of thought.

the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Phiipa grinned as Akuti teased her, she should've figured that she'd get a response like this. She didn't mind, it didn't hurt her feelings. She trusted that someday she would find that someone, it just hadn't happened yet. So she remained optimistic, and wouldn't let anything get to her. Plus she knew this to be a joke, so she batted playfully at Akuti's nose in response. Well I hope you will, I'll do the same for you. She added, the joyful tone of her voice quickly slanted downwards when Akuti got serious.

Of course you can, you can tell me anything. She said, nearly completely forgetting the juniper bush they'd come for.

759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
As soon as she had said it, that impending feeling of regret began to crawl its way up her throat. What Akuti had once wanted to tell Phiipa seemed like such a foreign concept that she wasn't sure she would be able to speak it aloud. Instead, she gulped and turned away, uttering a sickly, I'm not feeling well. If you would-if you would excuse me. And with that, Akuti was off, back into the territory's center.