Hideaway Strath baby i just need a good one to stay
you ain't seen nothing like me yet
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
All Welcome 
for the members of teaghlaigh!

The Leifteanant could feel the shift like some polarized sensation deep in her. Things were changing, the rising flux of the Banrion's approaching due date and the upcoming trial of the Náire had her prickling. She made her way through the packlands, brushing against the trees carefully. Every little bit of hair she left behind seemed like a faint beacon. She swallowed thickly, thinking of her plans for spring. They were beyond her home, beyond the place where she and Palisander had settled, beyond the place where they had laid claims to one another, where she'd dreamt of their children growing up along side those of Arturo. Now the Fearghal children would be born in a strange land, unfamiliar to them entirely. 

There was in her so much worry but she could not show it to either Arturo or to Lotte. Hemlock did not consider for a moment that she had oversold her skills, instead, she knew that she could handle whatever was thrown at her. She just needed to support them as best as she could. They had become the only family she had in the lands, and her siblings and mother and family were far away. It was unwise to bank her hopes on Gotham or Azazel or Rayen showing up and she didn't have it in her to babysit Tiva while there was so much to do. 

After making the rounds of the Strath again she set herself to the task of combing it for any herbs she could use for Lotte, a task that had become as repetitive as running the borders. Others could hunt and put their strengths to good use, but she had more important things to do than merely hunting. 

available for naturalist and medical threads just tag her!
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

[Image: naturalist_master.gif] 12/20
52 Posts
Ooc —
Hope you don't mind me!

After recouperating from the arduous journey, Pendragon woke with the intense need to prove his worth. He had aided the wolves of Teaghlaigh in their escape from the forest as he promised, and having seen the lot of them work through such a perilous event in their lives, he was curious to know more about them. Pendragon felt connected here, although he was still an outsider to a great degree; the ways of Arturo's wolves were new and different to him but the man was intent on learning.

He set out as soon as he was able, eager to find someone that might actively feed his curiosity, but found with each glimpse he had of a wolf of the family that none were interested in him. Still the whispers ceased as he perused on by. Still he earned nervous glances as he did his patrol. Pendragon would not relent — he did not outright ask questions of these people, but tried to be friendly as he met them, and found them each closed-off and wary of his presence.

The man had passed one wolf a couple of times now as he scoured the strath; a golden-furred woman who seemed to be deep in thought. He chose to trail after her - or rather, Pendragon did not avoid her presence when they crossed - until he came upon her inspecting a patch of freshly sprouted flowers of which the man had no knowledge of. He was instantly taken in by this image. A woman knowledgable with herbs and the earth, wise beyond her years. Pendragon gave a shy chuff to announce his presence in case she was too absorbed to notice, but did not approach — his tail fanned behind him with a friendly wag, ready to leave if he must.
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
She had been aware of the male but had kept her distance - not out of spite of dislike but rather she had felt herself removed from Teaghlaigh still. Through Arturo had restored her to her former rank it was still not the same as feeling it in body and soul. She had to prove herself to them again and it would start with service to the pack. She was vaguely aware that Pendragon was nearby, less concerned with someone approaching her until he chuffed. 

The woman turned to face him, eyes drifting over him slowly - he had no wounds and seemed to be fit, leaving her more curious over if she was needed. It had been long enough that she had been alone it felt awkward trying to remember who she had been before. Still, he was making the effort so it seemed she should as well. "I am Hemlock." she started off easy, with just a name, and wondered idly to herself how awkward an encounter she'd make it this time. 

thanks for replying!  

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

52 Posts
Ooc —
Much to his chagrin, the woman did not leave him in the dust nor turn a dark eye upon him. She spoke her name — and again Pendragon felt something familiar shift deep in his core, like a flint being struck over tinder. The man had many questions and while each of them surfaced in the next instant, he held his tongue, and chose instead to make a slow approach.

And I am Pendragon - well met, mistress. A wolfish smile slipped across his face as he spoke, clearly pleased to have her company. He was not the type to hide his emotions, and so each feeling, each thought, reigned supreme upon his rugged face when they transpired. For now he was merely happy, and this showed in the easy shift to his posture and the continued pendulum of his tail. What have you found? I have never seen such things before, and while he referred to the plants by her paws, he watched her too, because she was just as unique in her own ways and his curiosity was currently boundless.
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
Pendragon. It's a sort of name she's not familiar with, but then, her own is different and the name she gives freely now is only a homage to the plants she obsessed over. Hemlock offered him a brief flash of a smile, her features softening a bit because whether she would admit it or not Hemlock is exhausted emotionally and physically. Even if their move was a great distance they were slow in shifting there, the pathways they took for the benefit of the young children and gravid Banrion. Before Hemlock could properly offer a response - whatever pleasantry she might have given seems useless and far away in her head - he asked her a question and the small smile became a larger one. "Raspberry leaves. It will help Lotte when it comes time to bring her young earthside." Hemlock explained. Though she knew that there had been a great amount of pain in her Hemlock was truly hoping that things would ease up and the progression of her pregnancy would be smooth until birth.

"We lack the berries, but, for this, we need the leaves so I can steal a few and not ruin the plant." She explained before she stepped aside, allowing him to investigate the plant if he chose to. It wasn't common that others knew what she was talking about and she knew she had the penchant to prattle on and on. "So tell me, Pendragon," She turned her viridian gaze up to Pendragon, "- what is it that interests you?"

52 Posts
Ooc —
Raspberry. It sounded dangerous to him, and when invited to, Pendragon ducked low to inspect it. The leaves were dark and jagged, while the fruit that had begun to form on some of the tiny branches. It wasn't ready yet but for now, the small bits of premature berry were white and pillowy.

- what is it that interests you? spoke Hemlock, veering the conversation away from the plants that seemed so precious to her. This development - and the question itself - made him pause and consider things. He withdrew from the plant for now and returned to a relaxed posture.

Many things about this place are new to me, he answered, referring to both the sprawling hideaway and the mainland, and to be truthful - I am a bit overwhelmed by it all. I am most interested in this kingdom at the moment, its ruler Arturo, his people - you. It was a short list, but something told Pendragon that asking questions would not bring about many answers, so he was swift to add: Have you always been so enamored by flowers and things? It is charming.
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
Hemlock had never been very good when it came to making short talk. Especially when it came to men, Hemlock had been awkward and uncomfortable. This man seemed to have a quiet disposition, and intensity to him that went far deeper than the common intrigue of the new. Hemlock did not break her gaze from him, refusing to back down in something that had become ingrained in her. Submission was not her style, but when it came to the numerous men who far surpassed her in size she could not show any of her trepidations. They remained deep inside. "I have been," Hemlock admitted. "My family are all master herbalists, from my mother to her grandmother to hers." Botany had become her so much that it had become her name even. 

"What passions do you have?" Of course one would be interested in their new homes, the new people, but what sparked him? "We seem to have gathered a few rogues in my time away, I wonder what it is that drew Arturo to accept you." There was a coy smile on her face, a little pry into what he had shown Aruro to become a part of Teaghlaigh - and at the heart of it, Hemlock was eager to see what this meant he was. After a while there was a call for her and Hemlock drew away, offering him a brief smile before she went to trackdown the source of the call.