The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
All Welcome 
All Welcome, but hoping for @Sylvas Streiter
Grayday slept through most days, though they were growing longer and warmer as time dragged on. He prefered to be active at night, when the sun couldn't bake through his thick pelt and cause him to overheat. Luckily, the kids hadn't inherited the impossible magnitude of fur that Grayday possessed. They could romp and play at all hours without worrying overmuch about the heat, something which Grayday was exasperated by and grateful for in turns.

He'd chosen a shady copse of live oaks for his resting place that day, and was awoken when a cool, evening breeze raked its fingers through his fur and then rattled the leaves of the branches above him. With a gaping yawn, the male stretched and then straightened, and then finally blinked around at the waning daylight. There were others in sight, and he began to pad toward them, wanting to be closer to his companions now that he was awake. However, he stopped before intruding on the scene and sat down on the outskirts to pick some of the leaves out of his pelt. In a little while, he would see about getting some wolves together for a hunt.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Family is not an important thing. It is everything.
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
Sorry for the short post!

The mercenary was sat to one side of the gathered wolves with his posture straight and amber eyes cautiously peering around the Cuesta; there was determination within his eyes, determination to keep those around him safe. He'd been quietly observing the others as Grayday rested, keeping a watchful eye out as their companions went about their own business, be it playing or exploring the area. The brute knew that he'd failed in the past, but now, Sylvas wasn't prepared to let history repeat itself.

Ears twitched, swivelling round as Sylvas caught the sound of paw-falls in the grass, slowly the brown male turned his head and looked toward Grayday as he approached, gradually offering the silver man a polite dip of his head, along with a smile, ”Rest well?” He asked with slight wag of his tail, a friendly grin still present across his muzzle as he peered away to look over the Cuesta once more.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday spat out another leaf in the manner of a dog ridding its tongue of peanut butter before turning to Sylvas with a cheerful flick of his tail. "Like a newborn," he agreed. He was a bit surprised by how easily he'd fallen asleep, and by how long he'd stayed asleep. The kids were nowhere in sight, but when he tipped back his head to give a querying howl, they both responded, so he was not particularly worried about that.

"How have you been sleeping?" he asked, passing a critical glance over the other male. It could be hard to sleep in unfamiliar territory, and around unfamiliar wolves. Grayday had a certain amount of trust in these companions, though, and found that their presence helped his rest rather than hindering it.
What's Mine is Ours
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
A light hearted chuckle escaped Sylvas' muzzle as he watched Grayday spit a leaf from his mouth, his response alone was amusing enough to the mercenary and Sylvas merely offered the male a pleased smirk, glad to hear that his new companion was now well rested. Though, Sylvas' head jerked as Grayday called out to his children, Streiter's brown ears arching forward as he listened to the silver male's call echo across the land, a howl directed to his children and as quick as the howl had rang out, two returned within seconds. This caused a broad smile to splay its way across his lips, ”Good kids you have there.” He said softly as he stared skyward for a moment, till his amber eyes peered back to look at the silver man beside him.

”I've been sleeping okay, I guess..” Sylvas replied with a half smile and a small shrug of his shoulders, ”I'm used to not getting all that much kip.” He chuckled some before continuing, ”It comes with my line of work and old habits are kinda hard to break.” He laughed again, ”Plus, patrolling at night has become a thing of mine lately.. especially after the loss of two homes.”
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
"Yours, too," he replied automatically. Kieran and Hawthorn (he still assumed both boys belonged to Sylvas) were a solemn but well-behaved pair, and didn't fight near as much as Sunny and Dawn did. But the conversation moved on, and though Sylvas admitted he hadn't been sleeping the best, Grayday figured he would find his groove eventually. "Well, I don't plan on letting us lose this one, but I'm not sure it's the best place to stay for winter," he said to the other male, hoping that this wouldn't be too much of a let-down for him. He knew how it was to get attached to a place, but wolves weren't trees. They were given legs for a reason.

"I think we should move toward the base of the mountains for winter, and then head back over here as it's ending," he went on, glancing back toward Easthollow. There was a sizeable mountain range in that direction, and he was sure there was a sleepy hollow somewhere that could protect them from the worst of the storms.
What's Mine is Ours
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
All Welcome 
Sorry for the lame post :(

Sylvas merely smiled when Grayday replied, the brown male simply giving his head a small nod in acknowledgement. Though, it was unknown to the brute, that the silver male thought Hawthorn to be his and as Sylvas sat there, he dwelt on the thought of his lost daughter for a moment, where she could be or even if she was alive. It was a topic Sylvas would never bring up, but only painfully think about in silence. 

The brute's head turned, amber eyes peering to the other male as his voice pulled him away from his thoughts, the mercenary listened carefully to what Grayday had to say and gave another nod in agreement, ”Yes, I understand what you mean.” Sylvas said as he peered across the Cuesta, ”Being here, out in the open during winter would be a bit of a problem.” He replied, nose twitching as he scented the shallow breeze that blew, ”Survival always comes first as my ol'man would say.” Sylvas stated with a grin, his unkept tail giving a sway behind him as he continued, ”And I agree, the base would provide more coverage from the cold, especially until winter subsides.”
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
It's not lame at all!
Day was relieved when Sylvas seemed open to the idea of a move in their future. It was just another indication that Sylvas was a smart and reasonable wolf - Day appreicated him more and more as the days went on.

"Maybe we can take the kids out to help scout the area," he suggested, knowing that Dawn in particular would love the chance to be on the move again. Sometimes, he thought she had too much of her mother in her. Too much of both of them, really. "Or we could do the same thing we did getting here, and just go slowly together as a pack."

It would give him peace of mind to have everyone together. If they had to leave anyone behind, who knew when they'd see each other again?
What's Mine is Ours
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
Sylvas peered around the valley for a moment, till he gradually returned his gaze back to Grayday, his brown ears pivoting a top his head as he silently thought over the silver male's suggestions, ”I don't see a problem with them coming along to scout the area if need be..” Sylvas replied with a light sway of his tail, ”They are getting to that age now, so it would sense for them to learn these things now rather than later if we take that approach.” The brute added before licking his muzzle, his golden eyes gleaming in the dense light of the sun that caught his wondering gaze as he glanced back to Grayday, ”But if you want to continue travelling as we are, slowly as a pack, I'm also open to that idea.” The mercenary smiled once more, for in truth, Sylvas was comfortable with either option that they decided to take, for Sylvas was just happy to have another male and friend around
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday's tail wagged wistfully as he thought of all the adventures they might have. As long as they all stuck together, they'd be able to keep each other safe, warm, and fed.

"I guess we'll see as we get closer to the winter, but when I think about it, I think of all of us going together," he explained. "That way, none of us will miss out on the adventure, and we won't have to worry about what's happening to the packmates we left behind."

He could already imagine arriving together at the Firestone Hotsprings just before winter, or perhaps finding as safe little hovel somewhere beside the mountains. The future seemed bright and happy, and full of possibilities.

Feeling a little giddy, the male suddenly shoved his shoulder against Sylvas's and then quickly darted away, hoping to start a game of tag or else incite a wrestling match. Without Krypton there, he'd have to find a new sparring buddy, after all.
What's Mine is Ours
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
After having endured the loss of two homes, the death of his wife and sudden disappearance of his daughter, Sylvas never thought he would've found peace of mind again. But as the brown male stood within the Cuesta beside his new friend, discussing what actions to take before the next winter, made it all seem possible and within reach once more. After everything, he and the others had battled through, finally ending here, where they were now, lifted a great weight from Sylvas' shoulders. He'd promised those he guarded that he would find a place they could call home, somewhere they'd feel safe and he was finally content, knowing now, that he had delivered on that promise. Though, mostly all thanks to Grayday.

”I have to say, I'm in agreement with you there.” Sylvas said with a smile, the mercenary shifting himself on his paws as he offered a gentle swish of his tail before speaking again, ”Like you said, everyone should be apart of the journey and it'd be an experience for us all.. And yes, it'll be less worrying thinking about those left behind if we all go together, plus strength in numbers and all.” Syl said as he dipped his head to Day with another smile, ears arching forward as brown male felt the playful nudge against his shoulder given from Grayday before darting off. 

A smirk grew across the merc's maw as he watched the silver brute up ahead, Sylvas' front instantly dropped to the ground as he gradually propelled himself forward to give chase, a low rumble escaping him as he dashed forward, reaching out to lightly nip at Grayday's thrashing tail.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
The male gave a yip of surprise when teeth snapped shut on the fur of his tail. It hadn't hurt, but somehow, he'd expected to be faster than the other male. But the older he got, the slower he got, and it looked as though Sylvas was having no trouble keeping up.

With a determined grumble, he fell back a foot or two and slammed his shoulder in the other male's, intending to knock him off balance before splitting off in another direction, and hopefully shaking him from his tail.
What's Mine is Ours
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
Light chocolate ears arched forward at the sound of Grayday's surprised yip and slowly, a devilish smirk managed its way across Sylvas' muzzle. Usually, the male could never find the time for such playful antics and felt near alien to the joys that came with such simple pleasures, but for once and after so long, Sylvas finally allowed himself to let go of his tension. And in this moment, the mercenary took the opportunity to enjoy the time spent with his newest friend as he chased closely behind, allowing soft rumbles to escape him as he watched the older brute ahead.

Then unexpectedly, Sylvas' golden eyes watched as Grayday suddenly fell back, nudging into his shoulder once more, but this time causing the brown male's legs to buckle slightly, his paws loosing their footing as he tried to continue forward. He looked on, helpless and wide eyed for the moment, knowing full well what was about to happen and then... thud! Sylvas rolled and tumbled to the floor, a loud bark escaping him as he laughed whilst trying to find his paws again.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
His trick had won him the lead. Day raced off with his tongue lolling out of his mouth, panting with laughter and exertion in equal measures. He was glad that this place seemed to foster an abundance of play; it was a nice change from the many somber months he'd spent in Easthollow, brooding by himself.

And Sylvas was faster than him, but Day didn't mind. They seemed to be evenly matched in many other ways, and though it meant he could never keep ahead of the canny male, it did make for a fun game.
What's Mine is Ours
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
Large paws finally found their footing and began to pound against the ground in a steady rhythm as Sylvas dashed off after Grayday once again, a wide smile revealing itself across his features as he pursued the silver man farther up ahead. Golden eyes were focused on the man and as he manage to draw nearer, the brute let a gentle laugh escape his lips, for the act of play was an experience Sylvas had thought long gone for him, but here he was doing just that and with a good friend.

A low rumble sounded as the mercenary allowed a playful growl to pass his lips, a brown unkept tail thrashing behind him excitedly as he attempted to come up beside the silver man. Exerted pants left his maw repeatedly and once the brown male was close enough, Sylvas decided to leap forwards in an attempt to knock into Gray's hind quarters. Hopefully causing the man to lose balance and to topple over, just as Grayday had previously done to him.