Blackfeather Woods Send shivers down my spine
56 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Joining 
I plan on have this one stay lmfao. Time to produce a dark character. @Atshen maybe?

The scent of blood lured her near, curiosity peeked at the violent and dark scent. She found herself walking along the borders of a pack, said borders being marked with blood and wait...was that a skull? "Aye this is the place for me" she chuckled. A place where she could be a warrior, a killer, have blood on her paws without anyone bitching at her to Be a lady merri, You're a princess merri, let me protect you merri. It was sickening how many people thought that just because she was indeed a woman, and yes technically a princess that she could not put up a bloody fight.

Taking one more whiff of the rank stench of blood, which she had already distinguished as being part wolf blood if not completely wolf blood she smiled widely and lifted her maw calling out for an audience. She assumed the position of respect even though she hated it so so dearly, lowering her head and hunching her back. She stared at the ground her flanks heaving with excitement as she waited for someone to answer her call.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Nyx had returned from a successful assassination just a day ago and had refused to wash the blood off. Anyone needed to see she was not as useless as she appeared to be, despite being the "daughter" of Nemesis and future lover (in her fantasies) of the powerful Forest King Damien. She promised herself to be on her tippy toes for any other female passing through, wanting to protect Damien from interacting with any female outside of Blackfeather Woods. She had stored the tongue she had ripped out of some girl's mouth in a secret place all her own and went on with her work as usual.

She was no leader around here, but she damn well thought she was important now that she had some allies by her side. When she heard the summoning howl, the speckled girl immediately stopped doing what she was doing (admiring the strange hump of tongue she seemed entranced by) and went on her way to the blood-marked borders. She had already heard that it was a female calling and that put her on edge more than usual - what if it was someone prettier than the Goddess of Night herself?

Finally arriving - dominant and bold as always - she saw she had nothing to worry about. The other was nearly lanky and a mess of weird colours that did not fit well with Damien's simplistic design. Nyx visibly pulled up her nose a little, her bi-coloured eyes staring judgingly at the other without a word.
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
56 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Someone arrived in time and Merrigan raised her head to take in the sight of what was an astonishingly beautiful young girl. A young girl with a look of disgust and judgement plainly written across her features. Merrigan snorted loudly and then sobered up, ducking her head lower "My apologies. It has been some time since someone showed so clearly what they felt about me" she said with a quirked eyebrow, shooting the lovely female a charming and sheepish smile.

It was refreshing and brought hope into her heart, the fact that somehow the wolf who appeared seemed fitting with the bloody, rank scented borders strewn with body parts and gore. She hoped desperately that everyone in this pack was as cold-hearted and apparently bitchy as this girl was.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
The other's reaction did the impossible; Nyx's expression grew even slimmer and her mouth even narrower - cool eyes almost ablaze with the same fire she saw within her brother's every now and then. Nyx knew naught what was so funny it caused a snort (she was not a jokester like Sheo, after all) and was fairly unconvinced of the sincerity behind the apology. If you are only here for approval then I advise you to seek it elsewhere. Nyx spoke coldly. It was hard for anyone (even her own mother) to please Nyx and, if she could, she would hand out a prize for anyone who indeed succeeded of it.
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
56 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Once again the young girl brought a spark of light into Merrigan's eyes, this time with nasty words. oh my gods...this is where i need to be. she thought desperately. "Approval? Ye be wrong about that one. I seek a place where I can be a warrior without people telling me to be a lady. The only approval I seek is from the god Neit, the god of war when i die and ascend to the great above. Aye I can see you don't like me but as of right now I see no reason for you to like me anyhow. I request to speak with a leader" she spoke calmly, even maybe a bit indifferently at best. The youngin's words had slid right off her shoulders.

The girl before her seemed like a warrior herself, if not even worse than one. A murderer maybe? Judging by the borders there must be some of those here, unless the heads belonged to enemies slain. Neit my lord, please aid me in getting past this youth and to the ears of a leader she prayed silently her emerald eyes flicking back down to the dirt.With a sharp inhale of breath she spoke once more "I apologize of I came across the wrong way. I am not here to be competitive with you, but to lend my claws and fangs, eyes and ears, hell even my soul to this pack. Judging by the borders I can see you all are a fierce bunch, and I only wish to add to your army. Surely in my starved state you can see I am not much of a threat to one as strong and beautiful as you?" she tried again. The flattery was not of a manipulative state being as Merri did indeed like women, and the one who stood before her was quite....attractive.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
In contrast to the other, nyx's eyes grew dimmer the more she talked. She never shut up, did she? Only Damien had ever talked this much, but that was when he was telling stories - actual good stories that were of Nyx's interest. The girl cleared her throat, wanting to reply to some things she had said that were kind of wrinkling her sprinkles. Your god does not exist. She spoke simply, not afraid to hurt feelings or make the other angry. There was only the Night Mother and the others many spoke of in the brotherhood. And what makes you think I am not a leader? The leaders here are false but one. Nyx spoke in riddles as even her hackles raised in dominance, she knew - the one thing she hated when grown-ups were talking to her. She guessed the bad habit had become one with her now, too.

Nyx, while not a true murderer just yet, surely had the mind of one. Her brother, however, was far worse. Nyx could clearly recall a moment where he had said that killing a rabbit was like killing anything else. But she'd rather have a murderous brother than an uncaring mother. Astrid let out a mocking snort.

You - compete with me? Surely you could take these jokes somewhere else; I am not humoured. She said, her face back to its first emotionless state. She rolled her shoulders, half hoping the other would just leave by herself. How she wished Damien was here - how much she wished to see his disapproval on his face. Flattery will not fill our caches.
56 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Rolling her eyes away from the view of the little girl she simply stood there "Excuse me if you are a leader. No flattery will not, but me and you standing here bickering surely will not either. Do I look like i am trying to Enter this pack to sit around and do nothing?" she asked her own tone taking on a cold and bitter note. She flicked her ears in a weary way to show she also thought this conversation was Tedious "I didn't realize A leader would so easily turn away someone so willing to work their asses off for a pack. Listen. I am an experiences fighter, I can hunt well, I am strong. I am ruthless, mean,nasty. I am cowering her before you simply because it is not my place to do otherwise." her words were indifferent.

"I will not leave without speaking to someone who can hear me out properly. Or until an actual leader tells me to leave." her stubborn side showed through and she stiffened her legs, bracing for an attack. Her ears flattened against her head and her lips twitched nervously, tongue lashing out between her teeth several times in a display that said "I am being submissive but if you attack I will fight back". She couldn't believe the set of metphorical testicles on this woman, who was so obviously trying to scare her off and offend her so she will leave. The kid acted like bitch in heat who was protecting a man.

i want to note that nothing Merrigan says or thinks or the opinions stated in the roleplays i do have anything to do with RL or MY actual opinions. I've had problems where people think i am trying to be rude to them through roleplay
Warrior(3/5)

Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
It was in Nyx's blood to piss off even the hardest working soldier - the most loving, devoted creatures. It was who she was and she was not afraid of it. Rather, she embraced how bitter and uncaring she could be to anyone but her brother and Damien. Finally, she had shaved off the wool of the wolf in sheep's clothing, revealing what kind of creature the other really was. You look like a fool not even worthy of this conversation. Astrid sneered slightly. If you are not pleased with my judgement, go seek someone who will be pleased with your attitude. She advised nearly wisely were it not for the mocking tone she held.

She watched the other brace for an attack that was miles away. Nyx was sure she could handle her but was not about to get her paws dirty over something that the whole pack would agree with; letting the woman who so obviously held no respect for an Apaata/Blackfeather mix of blood was a grave mistake. Well then; leave. Nyx said with the smallest of shrugs and raised eyebrows of faked innocence. It was clear what she was trying to indicate, and Nyx placed her chin near the scars littered across her chest. Her ears pressed forward, tail lashing quite aggressively and yet no tenseness was held by her speckled form. She was in the safe zone of her own home and with the smallest of howls could she summon true demons of the woods.
56 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Merri opened her eyes and huffed a sigh "Your Judgement Doesn't bother me. you may think what you want of me, i dont know you." she said calmly. As the howl or others was sent up she sat down and waited patiently for an actual figure of authority to show up, and speak with her in person instead of a young girl with apparent very low self esteem issues. Yawning sharply she cast the girl a sideways look "I am not afraid to speak with more of your pack. I have been nothing but patient and respectful with you, while you treat me like I am here to take on your whole pack." she said with an emotionless voice.

Part of her feared the other's arrival, for the mere fact that if this little whelp spoke up she would most likely twist her words to hell. With a quick twitch of her maw she flattened her ears and turned her head to the side, exposing her throat. She had nothing to prove to this brat, the submission was for whoever showed up next. A position that showed she knew she was not in charge, and could accept the fact. Something that little miss rudeness here could not accept obviously. Merrigan had no idea what in the hell this girl's problem was but she hoped that she would be at least treated like a joiner instead of a piece of filth at the paws of someone else.
Warrior(3/5)

Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away

Nyx watched on, brooding - scheming without so much as a sliver of emotion on her face. She did not care she wasn't trusted for she knew how others were even more twisted than her. She felt like a leader and had been part of the brotherhood for all her life. The poor excuse of a warrior before her was nothing more than a rabbit for her ruthless brother to kill one day - for her or for anyone else. Exactly - you do not know me. How you keep assuming things about me, my status and my home is a true mystery to me. She nodded in mocking agreement - sophisticated movement with the grace of a deer.

Your ignorance should scare you - Ipik. Nyx spoke bitterly. My home does not crave it and you should not either. She followed, taking a daring and confident step forward - sneering as she did so. How many more times do I have to command you to leave before it gets through your thick skull?
56 Posts
Ooc — Chey
frankly i dont want Merri to die quite yet. I suppose ya'll can wrap this up. Idk if My characters are just not wanted or?... either way its cool. Last post from merrigan.

Merrigan snorted and with a grunt of exasperation she stood up, refusing to bow anymore than she already had "As you wish" she growled softly and turned around, dashing away into the trees. She could do without being near the brat, and if everyone else in that pack was like her well then she could seriously deal without them. There had to be many more packs out there who would cherish a good warrior amongst their army.

It was no chip off her shoulder anyway, any pack who allowed a young brat to take care of a wolf willing to devote themselves in such a way was full of fools. She had done no wrong. She had submitted and basically thrown herself at the insolent and rude obsidian child who acted like she was already an enemy. She sincerely hoped to one day come across her outside of the pack, when she was in better health and strength for then it would be no problem to fight her. For now she cherished her life and was smart enough to know when to quit. On the way from her retreat she would be sure to cover her tracks, and scent well in the case that the child was vindictive as well as nasty.
Warrior(3/5)

hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
[table][tr][td valign=center] [/td][td]
The interrogation begins before she arrives, coniveniently, gliding forth through the underbrush as her child audibly regects the concept of the Dark Mistress's rule to a stranger; placing a bitter taste within her mouth as her temper flickers with the threat of white-hot rage. However, the questionaire is over before it begins; insults are thrown and the stranger retreats, and the wraith emerges. "Well done," She speaks without looking to her child, optics trained on the retreating figure of the regected subject. Perhaps the obsidian child had been too opposing, ridiculing the other to a point where their worth could not have been shown. "But not good enough," It is her own spiteful emotions that clouds the girl's logical thoughts. Any wolf of any standing would have been able to tell that Astrid did not carry the scent of a leader; it was her own words that became the catalyst for Merrigan's opossition. To truly be someone who's very presence made other's quake in uncertianty, to be someone who walked with an air of superiority that others could not mistake, that someone had to have a head on their shoulders. Astrid lacked in the finess of supermacy and thus was looked upon like the child she is. 

But those who knew her well enough, knew that Nemesis always had critisim on her mind as well as venegence within her consious, something that none were relieved from. "Insulting those who Mephala has brought to our borders is childish, no matter how cunning you think it makes you seem," Her voice is void of emotion, truly detached as she speaks to the least impressionable of her offspring. Perhaps her words were far to harsh to conspire between mother and daughter, however, it was wholly apparent that Astrid had never and would never feel a string of emotion for the one who birthed her. If it was the girl's wish that Nemesis never hold a maternal instinct over her, Nemesis had little problem in making that so. In the place of what could have been, she speaks with a distaste reserved only for those whom she held zero responsibility for, severing what remained of a broken bond that was destined not to be; just the way the self-proclaimed Goddess of Night liked to pretend it was.
[/td][td valign=center] [/td][/tr][/table]
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Even though everyone still kept seeing her as one, Nyx did not feel like a child anymore. Sure; she had not felt the power that came with killing, but that did not make an adult. Perhaps, she was not made to take lives at all; perhaps she was only there to weaken them for stronger ones to come and claim the essence of life. She brushed the thought away with a lash from her tail, eyeing the other woman with a stingingly cold glare as she left their borders. Perhaps, Nyx was protecting her from the dark clutches of the woods that seemed to drive any wolf up the wall and into insanity. She wasn't beyond repair yet and maybe better off somewhere else.

A sigh escaped the crescent moon's maw as the world around her dimmed; sound, colour and even her true thoughts drifted away like lifeboats. She had not expected her mother to be watching her; had not counted on her to actually come to the borders to talk to an unimportant and ignorant woman. But, there she was nonetheless and... what was that? Had she noticed the speckled young woman was alive and living a life she knew nothing about? Her eyes glided swiftly to the side, her head following soon after, to look at the woman that had wrongfully yet successfully claimed the Forest King's spot. An icy silence was all she could offer her once-mother as she gracefully slid around the woman to indicate her desires to leave this all be.

I am protecting the ones that Mephala has so "generously" brought to our borders. Do not even pretend you know what I am doing. She spoke in her usual riddles, rolling her shoulders and shaking off the bad vibes that came with this swift reunion.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
The wraith has learned to deflect the hate Astrid shows to her, a hate born out of misinterpretation, and she finds that she cannot bring herself to care. Instead, she scoffs, turning in her own time as Astrid moves to eave her presence. But she is still the Dark Mistress, and formost, the girl's superior. Astrid did not need to love her, but respect would not waver if the girl cared to continue living within the dark forest at all. "You are a child hiding behind the false pretence that you have any authority in this woods, you have no idea what you're doing," Her curt reply comes out with more amusement than intended, for it is the concept that the child thinks revolting against her to cozy up with Damien will get her anywhere. It is the fact Astrid feels she needs to consort herself with the only one within the woods to match the Dark Mistress's rage to become only his Queen, that brings Nemesis such embarassment. At least the wraith had made her way to the ultimate top without using her sexuality to do it, no matter how short lived her reign would be. Astrid woud forever be latching on to other's power because she did not have the ability to get it herself, and it was the driving reason that Nemesis felt such little incilination to teach an unwilling heir. She would concern herself with the children who had the charisma to earn their own justification within a pack that was so highly competitive, not waste her time with the insolent ideals of a girl too stuck inside her own fantasies to grasp her own goals.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
It did not take long for Nyx to start moving - with Nemesis following her or not. She did so with precise care; slower than how she would usually trot away from her problems. Had it not been for the words slipping off her Nemesis' tongue (one that would nicely fit her collection one day) she would've ended their brief conversation there. Despite the silent rage at the word "child" (a rage that were not to be seen with her back facing the other), Nyx remained the coolness of night and breathed in deeply. Her first spring... Strange how times had changed.

You are a hard-working woman, surrounded by illusions of power and four children of whom only one gets the affection and impressions needed for a "child" to grow. The words fell softly off her flexible tongue with a toxic sweetness never heard before. Sort out your own problems before you start nit-picking the one with a clear view.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Astrid speaks with a simmering fury that Nemesis knows all to well, a trait that will undoubtely be prominemt in generations to come; Astrid was no acception. "You speak of my illusions but there you go again, spitting out your childish fortells of what you think you know," Her words came with a sharp tsk tsk of a nod, but the vivid movements were riddled with something dark, something that assured havok that was not to be toyed with. Her gaze as sharp as knives befalls upon the girl, staring at her with an unparalled intensity and disgust; a hair-raising feature the dark woman had come to coin as the early signs of bloodlust. "And I suppose your clear view is becoming Damien's whore while you pick around the fantasies of his power," It was an insult to everything Nemesis had hoped she would become, and disgraced everything she had hoped to give. Little did the obsidian girl know, the catalyst of Damien's bond with her was something other than love: a deal. Nemesis had little problem in making the case known, if Astrid dared to push her to that level; revealing that all that Damien would ever feel for her was not born out of passion but a contract devided and brokered by the Dark Mistress herself. Astrid's one true love, devised and culled by the ever-impending mother she would never be able to shake free; it was a fact that brought her more satisfaction than it should have but satisfaction worthy for the semi-barbaric title she was associated with. The girl would learn, no matter how many bridges Nemesis needed to break in order to bring some humility to the mistake she made.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She clamped her maw shut tightly until the pain in her jaw became something to cling to. Nemesis was giving her headache more than anything; Astrid views were outdated and surreal, but it was the only thing that has kept her alive in the cold months of winter. Changing her mind now was no option; so, while she had claimed the new face to be ignorant, she as well was guilty of the crime. Childish hopes and dreams - they were all I had and I acted accordingly. She tried to explain, desperately wanting the lecture to stop before one of them would snap or say things they would regret. Yet, the scars lay too deep in Astrid's mind; her own illusions and loneliness shushing her into a coma-like state.

Her brow furrowed in confusion but her gaze had been averted all this time; she was still quick to correct herself. Precisely. She nodded to the nothingness in front of her. She knew she'd soon grow bored once those fantasies became reality, but it was a good goal to work to for now. And then I will find a better way from there. She added softly.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
There was a flicker of hesitation in her voice, one that Nemesis had caught. Doubt. Doubt that what she says is real, doubt that she would ever become anything than what her sexuality had to offer. Nemesis seethes in the back of her mind, her canines grinding together as each self-degrading word slips from the girl's mouth. "Poor Astrid, you really have no idea," Her tone verges upon mockery, but she is retrained, something at the back of her mind reminds her that, that is her child. Shaking her head, she casts her eyes to the clouds, debating what could be said and what would be the outcome. It would only take a few short words to unravvel what little hope the wayward girl had for her future, to crummble and reform what she was into something that Nemesis would cease to recognise. It was the idea that her one true love was born not out of passion but of a souless plan, devised by the wicked bitch herself.

And Nemesis would not even need to convince her.

Once the seed was planted in Astrid's mind, the dangerous whisper of a flickering idea that what little happiness she had left was born out of an emotionless contract, it would grow. It would fester and mould into something so catatonic that even the girl herself would not be able to control it. It would spread to the deepest reaches of her consciousness, infiltrating a doubt that would always stay with her. The final gift from mother to daughter. It was raw cruelty at its finest; Nemesis balanced of the precipice of right and wrong, the only time in her life she could say she had. Instead, she gazed at the retreating form of her child with a fervor as burning as he severity of the sun, daring, ebbing the girl on to give it all she had. To push her beyond what she was able to controll. Maternal instinct would not hold her back this time, and she doubted she would try. 
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Anything but doubt did she her own beliefs; once one was so fixated on something, it became a reality only to them. It was hard - impossible, even - for someone to doubt their own, morphed reality even if they wanted to. While Damien and her had had their... disagreements, there was no denying something beautiful was sparking between them; just like the bond between her and Atshen had been growing ever since their final fight. Even if the relation had roots drinking from a mindless offering - a decision not made by the pair itself -, what they ultimately had was that counted. No one - not even Nemesis - could steal that away from her; from them as a whole.

Nyx scoffed. Nyx. She corrected - not interested in Nemesis' mind games. It was then she started to move; slowly at first, but trotting soon after. She had had enough of it and would return to her Super Secret Hiding Spot where she had hid the tongue and other valuable items she had collected (Which included but was not limited to; poison ivy, a peculiar stone and a random sturdy stick she had wanted to use for something but had forgotten what) - if Nemesis didn't have the balls or will to stop her from doing so.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
The girl took her leave, as did the wraith, shriking back into the shadows from which she came. And as each step took her farther away from the girl, she reveled in what she had caused, and what she had not. Perhaps it was too early to tell, perhaps Astrid was too far gone to truly mould into what could have been. Whatever the verdict, Nemesis was no longer interested in making amends with a child so hateful and with so little reason, not to mention the betrayal Astrid had instigated in the first place. At least, this time, she was able to say she had not been the one to bring it all down. She had carried, birthed, and held the girl close, promising that as the only survivng daughter she had, she would give her the world. But betrayal and false accusation did not sit well with the instinctively vengeful woman. Not even her forgotten love for her only breathing daughter could save the very last string tethering the two together. That being, the secret she held of the origins of the only thing that made Astrid happy. She could cut it with ease and move on the next day, for her wrath was safe from none. It would have not been saved from Atshen when he had laid a claw upon his sister; Nemesis had been willing to do it for her daughter. And while deep down, she knew she could never truly shake the instinctive love she felt for the girl, that girl was and never would be her daughter.