Noctisardor Bypass Going Forward--->
A negative mind will never give you a positive life
39 Posts
Ooc — Guardian
All Welcome 
It was absolutely beautiful here. So beautiful that it almost made her heart ache. When Rhona first came to these wilds knowns as Teekon, she arrived on the beach. There had been no beaches when she was from, so she took it as a novelty and spents a few days there in the sun and the wind. She enjoyed the interesting pieces of wood that the ocean would slip up onto the sand. However, after rescuing-then subsequently losing Pendragon, the young female had wandered her way into the Valley. It was much more to her liking. Felt more like home. She spent her time near Mudminnow River and the Grove until Gwen approached her in the midst of the gloriously green ferns and invited her to join the pack.

Having gotten a short tour of the packland by the empress, including the Lake and Elk Pass, Rhona decided to do some exploring on her own and hopefully meet some of her packmates. At the moment she was taking advantage of the spring bloom in the meadows. She was padding along the rolling hills, startling some rabbits, and delicately carrying a mouthful of yarrow and some prairie sagewort. She was determined to become a healer for the pack and she was doing her best to remember the things her grandmother had taught her when she was a pup. She remembered yarrow and the sagewort, as well as willowbark, bee balm, and comfrey. What she really needed was her grandmother with her right now, but another mentor would do. Gwen had mentioned that the pack didn't have a healer yet, so Rhona would have to seek a mentor elsewhere. Perhaps a loner? Certianly not someone from another pack.

Gently pushing the plants out of her mouth and onto the ground with her tongue, Rhona sat atop a small rise and enjoyed the warm sun on her pelt and the occasional rabbit ear that would cautiously rise up from one of the many holes dotting the landscape.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
He had been patrolling the territory, marking borders, chasing any intruders - as was his job - when he came across the woman. She had plants by her paws and seemed to be enjoying the spring sun. He could relate; it was a wonderful thing to have some sun after the harsh winter and the blizzards it had brought. Mawk, being protective as usual, first assumed that the stranger was a trespasser, like he had with Cuicatl. But as he approached he noticed the distinct scent of Gwen on her. Now, that did not mean she was a newcomer, but it did spike his interest. Perhaps she was indeed a newcomer - or perhaps she had met up with Gwen beforehand. 

He padded forward with caution, his curled (malamute style) tail stiff and his expression hard. "Who might ye be, miss?" he questioned, moving toward her. Once he reached the woman he twitched his tail and tilted his head. "Are ya a new recruit?" he asked, his country accent just about showing through as he spoke. The man would stay on guard until he knew this wolfess was no trouble.
39 Posts
Ooc — Guardian
A rustling of grass caught her attention and her ears swivled back on her head, pinpointing the noise. It didn't sound like the wind moving the long strands, the movement sounded deliberate. Careful not to trample her carefully collected plants, Rhona stood, spotting a strange wolf approaching. She ducked her head in submission, but continued to watch him as he approached. Why...his tail was curled above his back in such a way she had never seen before!

She tilted her head slightly as he spoke in an accent unfamiliar to her. "Yes, sir. Empress just gave me a bit of a tour of the land not very long ago. I'm Rhona." She introduced herself, a small smile beginning on her lips. This golden male was one of her packmates! She had never seen anyone like him before. His golden pelt and black tipped ears...not to mention his strange tail, had her staring in curiosity.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Though he was not completely relaxed around her, he did allow his posture to soften substantially. "Oh, alrighty. Name's Mawk." he introduced himself, noting how she submitted to him. The male was not one to demand power, but he did not ask her to stop. Instead he said nothing, waiting for her to be comfortable enough to relax her own position. He did, despite knowing she was not (or shouldn't be) a threat, he did still feel somewhat cautious. But only because he wanted Illecebra, his mate, to be very well protected. No doubt she could probably defend herself regardless.

"Er... welcome ta Ganador, then, Rhona." he greeted, a small smile growing on his maw. The man hoped that Rhona would fit it, despite his own defensiveness, and become a part of the family.
39 Posts
Ooc — Guardian
As soon as Mawk relaxed his posture, Rhona's head shot back up to it's normal positioning and she sat again, facing the cream colored male. Her slight smile from earlier widened into a grin. "Mawk, it's great to meet you!" Her vari-colored tail wagged in the grass. "You're the first I've met, besides Gwen." Her eyes strayed from his face momentarily as a fat brown rabbit scurried from one hole to another near the foot of the rise.

Prey was so abundant here! The lapines seemed almost fearless as well. Surely they could smell that there were wolves only meters from them? She shook her head. Who knew? She didn't know the mind of a rabbit, just that they tasted good.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
It seemed she was comfortable already. Mawk's brows raised in curiosity. She was interesting, to say the least. The man had not met anyone so awake (?) since his last encounter with his best friend, Skylaris. At the memory of her, he made a mental note to go and visit her soon. 

"Yeah, uh, great to meet ya too. It's always good ta see new faces around here." he replied, allowing his smile to grow more friendly. "Well, if you like Gwen, I'm sure you'll get along with the rest of us..."
39 Posts
Ooc — Guardian
Rhona nodded at his words. "Gwen is great! She was so friendly and generous to invite me to join Ganador Bypass."  She paused momentarily and her exuberance faded slightly as emotion crossed her features. It had been too long since she had a family. She missed hers dearly, but didn't think she'd ever see them again. Rhona would make a new one here.

As suddenly as a cloud over the sun, her face cleared and she looked at Mawk once more. "Do you have a favorite area in the packland, Mawk?"
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
"Yeah," he nodded, and then considered her question. Well, he liked the borders, but maybe that was because he patrolled them each and every day and knew the little secret places that were always so fascinating. But there were other aspects of the territory he liked, too. "Hmm.... I think my favourite area is the densite," he began, remembering how he and Cebra might be having pups in the coming months. But, he did not wish to share this information with Rhona. Not yet, anyway. 

"Maybe 'cuz we keep all the food there," he chuckled in a deep voice, then shook his head. "But really, jokes aside, I like the Densite because it's where everyone comes together to share meals and gossip about who knows what. We all have a good time there."
39 Posts
Ooc — Guardian
Rhona smiled. The densite was the heart of the pack. Gwen had briefly shown it to her on her short tour, but she hadn't been back to it yet. She needed to find a space to make her own where she could start storing her herbs. She supposed it didnt have to be near the densite, but it would make easier access incase someone became sick or needed her help.

She laughed when he spoke of the food. She was glad that he felt comfortable enough to joke with her. Rhona knew it was taking him a little time to get used to her. "Yes, that sounds so nice. Like a family..." 
[Image: caretaker.gif] Caregiver 1/5.|.Medic 0/10 Midwife 0/10 {Helping} // [Image: naturalist.gif] Naturalist 2/5.|.Botanist 0/10 {Remembering Some Plants} {Roots of Reeds}
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
"That is the idea of it, aye." he nodded, smiling. Rhona would make a great addition to the pack, he was sure. She seemed comfortable with the group already, it appeared. Then, a question came to mind and he gave a flick of his tail before asking.

"Rhona, do ya plan on aquirin' - or whatever that word is - a trade? I myself am working on becoming an ambassador for the pack and training to be a mecenary, as is my mate." 
39 Posts
Ooc — Guardian
At Mawk's question, Rhona nosed the plants she had collected at her paws. "I want to be a healer!" She then paused a moment. "A medic." She spoke again, the term that seemed to used in this area of the world. "I was gathering some plants I remember my grams telling me about and trying to remember others." Her grandmother, Saoirse, was the healer of Rhona's home pack and had been training her before she left. Rhona's mother was an accomplished hunter and that kept her busy enough. She didnt have time to play around with plants, as she would say, so Rhona would take up the position. Rho had always been interested in plants and their properties anyway, so it worked out that way.

Then Rhona left. There was a large hole in her heart where her grams was supposed to be and she didn't think it would ever be filled. She focused again on the curly tailed male in front of her. He stated he was working on becoming an ambassador and a mercenary. "What would you do as an ambassador?" She asked curiously, interested. She knew a mercenary was like a warrior and she thought she knew what an ambassador was, but she wasn't sure what purpose one would serve.
[Image: caretaker.gif] Caregiver 1/5.|.Medic 0/10 Midwife 0/10 {Helping} // [Image: naturalist.gif] Naturalist 2/5.|.Botanist 0/10 {Remembering Some Plants} {Roots of Reeds}
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Oh, so that's what the herbs were for. Made sense. "Great, we really need one!" Especially with the planend pups between him and Cebra. They'd need a midwife - Rhona, he assumed, would be the one to help. In that case, they'd need to get along. "I honestly know nothing about herbs. Fighting and Scouting is more my thing." He mentioned his passions again, giving a small wag of his tail.

"The ambassador-thing works well with my mecenary trade. As an Ambassador, I mainly recruit members and inform them about the details of the pack, as well as carrying messages to certain wolves or packs. I want to be a guardian, which is part of the mecenary trade, and that job consists of keeping my packmates safe. Not only fighting, though. It's my job to scout the territory, keep it safe from intruders - including foxes and the like - and mark the borders. Which is where I mostly come across the new members." There, explained. Mawk had always been overprotective. He knew he was, but he didn't really see it as a bad thing. He wanted to protect his family and friends, protect his home, and he saw it as a good trait. Though, being part dog, his instincts were pretty messed up and he could get angry very quickly. Not that he really noticed.