Broken Antler Fen A Saturday night kind of pink
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Private 
mate thread? @Sebastian

Pearl absentmindedly followed the familiar path back to the den after a day of hunting, thinking about how she hadn't properly spoken to Seb in a while. Well now was a good a time as any, she thought, and picked her way across the territory to a spot they liked. 

Sky ablaze with all the colors of a fantastic sunset, she howled for her husband to come meet her. Pearl laid down and waited patiently, watching the clouds slowly swirl about in the sea of pinks and oranges.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Yessss <3

Sebastian was watching the kids. Not that they would need that much watching now they were this age. He liked to hang around with them and get a good bond flowing with all of his children. However when Pearl howled he instantly shifted his time to her instead of the kids. With the business of the pack suddenly expanding, new members leaving again, and raising their young there wasn't much time left in the day for the couple. Sebastian did know that he still loved her as much as he had done before.

The grey male trotted towards her and met her in the one spot they liked. He licked over her cheek in greeting. "Hi honey," he greeted and smiled at her. Of course they spend each night close together but there wasn't much private time to talk or hang out now they had the kids. He leaned against her. "How are you feeling?"
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl tore her gaze away from the gorgeous sunset to return her mate's greeting, smiling gently as she licked his cheek back. "Hello handsome," she said, nuzzling her face into his thick pelt. "I'm doing good. And how about you, superdad?" she asked, looking at him with a teasing smile. It was nice to talk one on one once in a while. 

If she were being honest, Sebastian was much more involved in the lives of their kids than she was. While she was perfectly alright with that, she got the feeling occasionally that she should be doing more. Parenting wasn't a strong suit, apparently.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian really felt at home in the father role, and it wasn't like he hadn't noticed that Pearl had been more absent in parenting life. However he didn't think of her as bad at parenting. He smiled at her and licked over her cheek. "Superdad," he chuckled. "I try the best I can," he admitted and snuggled close to her. Sebastian just wanted to give his pups what he didn't have, a caring father. One that would be supportive.

"Most of Burke's pack members left already, and that mom with her yearling pup also abandoned us. I had so much hope for Liri," he admitted. But even she seemed to have left them. "Do you think we are doing a good job? Running this pack? So many have left us," he admitted and glanced at her.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl giggled, amused and happily tired as she snuggled right back. She loved that she could have this close of a a relationship, physical affection and all. "You really do," she said, muffled through his fur, but full of admiration nonetheless. He was so full of love that it was really rubbing off on the kids, and she couldn't ask for anything better. 

She listened to his thoughts intently, pausing for a second or two to formulate a response afterward. "I also had high hopes for her," she said, wondering if he knew about her mental instability. She was admittedly wary of Liri going her own way from their pack, because this was the safest place she could be. "I think we're doing just fine, and we'll manage, like we always have. Wolves just have a tendency to wander and find their own way." Looking up at him, she smiled. "I honestly don't believe it's any fault of ours."
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian sighed when the other explained that perhaps it wasn't anyone's fault. Sebastian felt like it might be his fault. He wasn't sure why members kept on leaving. He wanted to give them a home and they just disrespected him by leaving. "Maybe getting into the pack should be more difficult? Because getting in is easy, perhaps they feel that leaving might be just as easy?," he spoke, wondering out loud.

He looked and Pearl and licked over her cheek. "I'm glad I have you by my side though. It makes everything better," he hummed, trying to not make their conversation so depressing. He loved their home and the amounts of water in their territory. He wouldn't want to leave here unless there was really something wrong.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl nudged her mate, offering a small smile. "I don't know all the reasons for why they left, but I know it wasn't that. Wolves do crazy things, so they aren't always predictible, and you can't automatically assume anything about someone. You'll drive yourself crazy." She reasoned, pushing a patch of grass around with her paw. 

She fondly licked him back, letting him know it would all be alright. "It does, doesn't it?" she laughed, "I'm just teasing. You're the best mate I could dream of, and we'll get by."
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Pearl could always give him some wisdom. It was great to have her as his partner. Sebastian had a way of overthinking things and with Pearl, by his side, that happened less often. He was certain he picked the right one of all the females that had a crush on him. "I guess?," he sort of agreed with her.

The male grinned as she agreed that being each other's mate was still great. "Well I try to be a good mate for you. I'm glad it is working," he spoke and took the compliment. "I am constantly reminded that I need you as well. Like just now. You always give me another perspective. I think that it great. I love you."
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl rolled her eyes good-naturely as he claimed to guess he agreed with her. At least he heard the truth from her. Sometimes he didn't quite see all the good he was doing, and she loved pointing it out to him. 

"You could say that it's working," she said, licking under his chin playfully. "I'm glad you think that. I'm always here to help you out, I love you too." Pearl's actions reflected her words as she cuddled up against her mate. Looking up at the sky, she was facinated with all the colors of the fading sunset.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian's tail thumped against the ground at all the praise. Pearl leaned against him, which made the male rest his head against hers in return. She looked up to the sky and Sebastian followed. His mind started to wander. They kids were so big already, and might soon leave the nest. It saddened Sebastian but he wouldn't stop them. He hoped they would stick to Broken Antler but he wouldn't keep them if they didn't want to. Luckily he still had Pearl. It soothed his worries.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
After watching the sunlight dance over the clouds for a time, Pearl sighed, thinking about the kids as well. "Hey Seb," she hummed, "how'd our kids get so big already? It hasn't been that long since they were born...has it?" 

It was very hard to believe, especially for the mother, that her little ones were already out and exploring. Everyone said it would go fast, but this fast? This she was not prepared for.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian flickered his ear towards Pearl when she spoke. He didn't think she would start about the kids. He knew that four of them were tough on her. He smiled. "They are getting so big," he admitted with a nod. He wondered if Pearl would ever want another litter or if she was done with having more children. Theirs were almost adults already. He wished they would stay close. "Would you want a new litter? Like eventually?," he asked curiously.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl tilted her head a bit. More pups? Maybe. As long as she didn't have to give birth to as many giants as she did the first time. She loved them, but they were a literal pain in the rear to squeeze out. Seeing them grow up this fast was midly distressing as well - having another litter could be a second chance to do the things she meant to earlier. 

"Eventually, maybe. I'm assuming you do?" she asked, looking up at him. Of course he would, she knew that. Sebastian loved pups, and was always so good with them. That was one of the many things she loved about him.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian wasn't sure if Pearl was hesitant about pups, or really wanted them. He wasn't certain what the future would bring them, for now, they still had four amazing pups. "Yes, but only if you want to," he assured her. "I am already happy with the five we have. They are good kids," he smiled and licked her cheek. He was happy as long as he got to see them and just have Pearl by his side. The male would be happy. "And who knows, maybe the future we have some room for more," he grinned.