Morningside Cuesta king of the hill
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
All welcome but maybe a Morningside wolf? Feel free to assume yours and Adeline have met already. @Dawn @Sunny @Heartha @Hawthorn @Nimue @Yglis @Sylvas Streiter @Kieran Adrien

The sky had been gloomy since she woke up and the first thing she felt had been to take cover. The air remained light, however, and the pressure to suck out beneath them and change into a storm above so she never felt the urge strong enough. She isn’t disappointed, however, by midday when the clouds darken a little and a light rain rolls in rather quickly. Before she knows it, the water falls heavier from the sky and within minutes, she is soaked to the bone. The rain still has a chill but it isn’t enough to be much of a concern and she trots at an easy pace to try and find another hanging out nearby.

The cuesta offers an overhand on the southern side and she picks a patch beneath that is only lightly dusted from the splashing water hitting the ground. Her fur drips with water until she shakes it out, fluffing up her fur a little and using her tongue where she can reach to try and absorb some of moisture left over.
do you want to break me like you were fourteen
and someone dared you to break the law?
shadowhunter
60 Posts
Ooc —
Hawthorn hadn't talked much. In fact, he hadn't talked at all, well, at least, not to his new soon-to-be packmates. It wasn't that he was anti-social, or that he was bad with words. Quite the opposite, really. Nor was it because he was bad-looking, because he wasn't. Again, the opposite was true. Though he did not claim to be an expert in male beauty, he couldn't help but decide that he was the epitome of male beauty, vain as it might be. Or at least, he was growing into one. When Haw wasn't spending time thinking about such things, he was exploring - usually alone, though he welcomed a companion sometimes.

At his age, Haw is relatively large, his features sharpening slowly. Still, he is not clumsy and navigates the territory with surprising ease, though at times, he still demonstrates acts that remind others that he is still, if nothing, a child. Exploring brings him to see a strange female that Haw has not talked to before. He stayed there, silent, curious, head cocked with a smile dancing on his lips and brilliant twinkle in his bright blue eyes.
if you can't fly, then run;
if you can't run, then walk;
if you can't walk, then crawl;
even if you have to crawl, gear up
aim your gun! ready! fire!

Mercenary:
0/5
Caregiver/Medic: 0/5

(always open for threads)
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
I am SO sorry this is late/short, I suck - also I left this a little vague since I wasn't sure where Hawthorn is located to Adeline (rain versus not rain) so feel free to surprise her, haha (or give me a poke by PM so I can edit my post).

The rain continues to fall just out of reach, keeping protected by an overhang of the cuesta. Its depth gives her a good place to continue to drain the dripping water off. The weather dampens her senses, blocking out most of the sounds beyond the crashing rain on the ground and her nose is clogged with water and humidity reducing her chances of seeing the boy off in the distance. Once she’s groomed herself enough to look like a soaked rat, she shakes out her fur once more to give her a little fluff before she settles her rump on the ground to wait out the rain.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Hope you don't mind one extra wolf in here

Heartha had headed out into the rain, she had been out and about before heading to the south end when the rain came. That's where she spotted something under some cover. She got closer, planning to get under herself wherever there was room and saw it was one of the wolves. She stopped just outside, beyond the curtain of rain. "Room for one more? It's rather wet out here." She did not catch sight of the young boy around, only focused on getting out of the rain.
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
Adeline is quickly distracted from the boy as another comes up behind her, causing her to jump and spin around and see one of the wolves that’s tagged along with Grayday. She squints a little, trying to remember what she can about her but her time around the other wolves have been minimal. Heartha, she thinks, hoping to recollect correctly but she does not speak the name. Instead, she smiles and wags her tail, then she scoots back out of the way to make a little more room in the dryer overhang.

When she glances back out into the rain, the boy is gone, and her lips purse together before she returns on the other woman with a warming smile to distract herself.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha smiles in a sign of gratitude as she gets under the cover with Adeline. She looks out into the curtain of rain, feeling rather chilly from being wet. "It's rather cold, isn't it?" She shakes out her fur, trying to be careful so she does not wet Adeline, who looks dry enough and surely doesn't want to be wet again. "And wet...What brought you out here in this weather?"
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
Adeline hasn’t spent much time with the wolves tagging along with Grayday but she knows she needs to, especially if they are going to linger around longer. Her suspicions for their future grow every day and besides, she doesn’t mind the company. She’s a pack wolf through and through and is much more comfortable in a central location rather than traveling from one day to the next. The weather, however, is a part of life. They can’t stop what they’re doing just because it’s raining, or just because it’s cold, but she offers a slight smile anyway. “I don’t mind the rain,” she tells her. Even though she isn’t out in it, covered by an overhang on the side of the hill, she’s not been given a new task. “What about you?”
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha after shaking herself out, and listening to Adeline's reply, laid on her front paws. "Raining is a good sign, so I don't mind it. Means the plants will grow." She liked watching things grow. She could lay there all day watching it grow. It took her back...She shook her head, wanting to dwell on the past no longer. "Even if it is wet, don't really mind...Unless it makes me sick" she chuckled a little as if it were a little joke.
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha continues the small talk about the rain and Adeline smiles, feeling the weight of her damp fur in the humidity in their little space. “Yeah. I’d like to start a garden,” she says. She hadn’t done much gathering or replanting, and she can’t in the rain, so she waits it out before she begins her work. Her tail thumps and she lays down, using the inclined hill as a perch and rest. Her eyes close then, feeling the drowsiness the weather brings on.