Morningside Cuesta and i can touch the sky
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
All Welcome 
the girl really ought not to be doing this. 
she swayed dangerously on the lowest branch of the biggest tree she could find. it had taken her many, many tries to get up there, and she boasted a medley of bruises to prove it. the limb creaked dangerously beneath her, her paws struggling for grip on the gnarled bark, yet her heart raced with adrenaline and excitement. perhaps, along with being and adventurer, she was also a bit of an adrenaline junkie- yet she wasn't stupid, staying within shouting distance of the group. 

tail lashing in the manner of a cat, her fiery gaze fell on the next highest branch- and wondered just how badly she'd like to get up there. and, in the rear of her thoughts, if it was really a wise decision for wolves to be climbing trees.

maybe @Sunny, or someone she has yet to meet?
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny as always had followed his sister, his worried gaze flicking about as he stood beneath the tree she sat upon. He could smell that she was here but where...the hell...was she? Finally looking up after the branch she was on creaked dangerously he gasped and stumbled backward "Dawn!" he yelped and then much more quietly because he didn't want her in trouble with their father "Dawn please get down! You could get hurt awfully bad!" he begged with wide eyes, his ears and tail drooping as he stared at Dawn with dread.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
she decided then it wasn't worth it. the branch was covered with twigs hat jutted out at every angle, making landing sure to be very uncomfortable. but just as she was about to back down, Sunny stampeded onto the scene- and quite suddenly she had something to prove. turning to him, she said firmly, "I'm fine." focusing her gaze back onto the other branch, she leapt- before Sunny could offer a rebuttal, before her nerves could get the best of her. 

her forelimbs wrapped around the tree limb, and for a moment she was suspended. twigs poked angrily out at her, and her back legs kicked furiously- but after a moment of beinf suspended, her forelimbs dragged over the edge and she fell the meter and a half to the earth. landing with an oomph, legs splayed out oddly, she froze a moment to catch the breath that had suddenly been stolen from her lungs.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny gasped as she declared that she was fine, and then jumped for a higher branch. The  next few moments where she was hanging from the branch felt like they lasted forever, and then she fell. Sunny yelped loudly and crouched down as his sister hit the earth in front of him. "Shit! Dawn Are you okay?!" he asked his voice thick with concern. He moved forward to sniff at her gently, wide eyes fastened on her face. "Maybe i should call Dad" he muttered softly.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
Her breath took a moment to sneak back into her lungs, and for a moment she watched Sunny dully. but she recovered quickly, with the resilience of a child, and after a moment lurched to her paws. fortunately, she had attained no serious wounds- a few more cuts and bruises to add to her collections, but nothing she couldn't deal with. "I'm okay, Sunny" she said, a little subdued.

she looked at him, recounting his last words. realising something quite quickly, she added after a moment. "Don't call Da! I'm fine." she said quickly, knowing very well that Grayday would not be pleased with his daughter attempting to be a squirrel. " If you call Da, I'll tell him you  swore."  she added a little lamely, with a humph.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny grumbled and backed away, his temper rising again despite how calm he usually was. "You say you aren't stupid, but that was pretty darn stupid! I think Daddy would care more about you having a death wish then me swearing" he shouted loudly, his eyes flicking up to the tree as several birds took off into the sky. Maybe he was being a bit too loud, taking a deep breath he narrowed his eyes and sat down deliberately "If you do it again I am calling Daddy. Next time you could break a leg, then you'd never hunt, or explore again! Or even worse you could break your back or neck, and then Me and Daddy would lose you!"

The last sentence came out with a sense of desperation, and his eyes watered. What did she think she would acomplish by climbing a tree? Nobody would congratulate her on it, they would scold her for being an idiot.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
her fiery optics furrowed in anger, the kind of childish anger that meant that she wouldn't back down. she sat in fuming silence as he continued on, not caring at the desperation with which he uttered his last few words. " You think you're so much better than everyone!  You're bossy, and think you know everything!" she announced in a similar volume, tail lashing angrily. "You treat me like you think you know so much more."

eyes narrowed, she hissed furiously, "Guess what? You aren't." she spat, eyeing him. consumed was she by such foolish anger, she did not pause to think what effect her words might have on her very own brother- some of the only family she had. half of the only family she had.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny blinked once and took a step back. Her words had wounded him deeply, broke a part of him that he had tried to keep within him since the day mom left them. "I treat you like my sister. You are the one who has bossed me around since we could walk. You care for nothing but yourself, you have no thoughts about how much you worry dad, or how much you scare me. The way this is going we are gonna lose you like we lost momma! You and daddy are all i got, So excuse me for wanting to keep you safe!" he replied back, with a wavering tone. His eyes were filling with tears too quickly for him to blink them back, so he allowed them to spill over.

"You're gonna give daddy a heart attack. Or you will kill yourself. but go ahead, go back to playing queen of the squirrels but I am not leaving here. If you are going to put yourself in danger then I will be here to help youwhen you get hurt. I obviously can't talk sense into you, but i wont leave you to die" he said stubbornly and planted his rear on the ground with a delibrate thump.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
she interrupted after Sunny had but said a single line. "No, you don't! You treat me like someone who needs protecting! Like someone who can't take care of themselves!"  she spat, bristling. she listened with pelt ruffled in anger as he continued, each word adding fuel to the anger in her chest. and then the hurt, the anger. "Ma didn't get lost. She left! She left cause she hates you, and she hates me, and-" anger and pain constricted her throat, leaving the sentence unfinished. She hated Sunny for making her feel small. She hated Ma for hating her, and leaving them. Her conversation flashed to mind, but she could not think of that. she could only think of all the angry reasons Ma had left. 

why did she care? she didn't even remember her, beside warmth and darkness and something like love. deaf to the rest of Sunny's words, she backed up. "Just leave me alone!" she cried, not wanting to do any of this anymore. without a backwards, glance, she twisted, moving away from Sunny, moving until she was running, running away from the hurt and the hate.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny blanked out unwilling to hear Dawn's words. instead he sat there staring at her retreating form, until she couldn't be seen anymore. Standing up and feeling numb he turned around and walked back to the group. Before he got into eyesight he made sure to clear his eyes of the teary look, and to flatten his bristling fur. He decided to leave Dawn alone from then on, not to allow himself to care for her anymore than he was obligated to. If she wanted to hate him like her mother then so be it, he would return the favor by acting like she was a stranger to him.