Otter Creek Yeah, I'm afraid
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
[table][tr][td valign=center] [/td][td]
Since the births of his children, he’d not spent too much time with them. They would cross paths here and there, perhaps even exchange a few words on good days, but the bonds between them were otherwise weak. This the Inuk was aware of, as well as disappointed by. Even the way in which his daughter spoke to him, lacking any true enthusiasm, made his heart sink; it was a terrible feeling. The distance, however great it was, was something that he hoped to cross in time. To connect with his children and create memories with them, as well as better understand them—these were things that he had a strong desire to do but knew well that he must move slow. To rush into things could cause more harm than good, which was the exact opposite of what he wanted. So, Kove kept himself from seeming too eager, a task that was far easier than it should have been—this he blamed on his habit of hiding the emotions from his face, rather than whatever disconnection he might be feeling from his youngest daughter.

Astrid spoke, using the language of his—their—people. It was pleasant to hear, the different tones resonating far better with him than English ever had.Nakullarpuk, said the man, glad to know that she wasn’t regretting her decision. In truth, he was still rather surprised that she’d even agreed to travel with him, but he kept that from slipping out. It was rather disappointing to learn that it was not her first time outside of the woods, given that he had hoped to be the first to take her out into the world. No matter, they would have their time together now, and his interest slowly shifted to the reason behind Miraak’s interest in her. Expressionless—he needed to prepare himself, he felt, just in case he was told something that he did not approve of—the ghost asked, “What did he teach you?” He was not against the idea of his daughter being taught to defend herself but, to his dismay, he did not know the other man very well. He was related to Meldresi, his appearance betrayed that much, but his history and mindset were both a mystery. Knowing not what he was capable of, or into, an urge to figure out why his child had left the woods without his knowledge surged through him.
[/td][td valign=center] [/td][/tr][/table]
Messages In This Thread
Yeah, I'm afraid - by Kove - April 03, 2017, 01:54 AM
RE: Yeah, I'm afraid - by Nocturnal - April 03, 2017, 02:31 PM
RE: Yeah, I'm afraid - by Kove - April 04, 2017, 11:37 PM
RE: Yeah, I'm afraid - by Nocturnal - April 07, 2017, 05:24 PM
RE: Yeah, I'm afraid - by Kove - April 25, 2017, 11:10 PM
RE: Yeah, I'm afraid - by Nocturnal - April 29, 2017, 07:27 AM
RE: Yeah, I'm afraid - by Kove - May 23, 2017, 11:52 PM
RE: Yeah, I'm afraid - by Nocturnal - May 25, 2017, 06:18 AM
RE: Yeah, I'm afraid - by Kove - June 06, 2017, 10:48 PM
RE: Yeah, I'm afraid - by Nocturnal - June 11, 2017, 05:55 AM