Stavanger Bay remind him that this city burned for refusing solace
l e v i a t h a n
63 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
for @Loki Kyber. part 2 of this thread. there's a little bit of pp — let me know if you'd like anything changed and i'll gladly adjust my post! :-)

The leviathan leads the way to the coast following intuitive sense of direction, hoping that it isn’t in vain. He casts a glimpse over his shoulder now and then to assure that he had not lost the Chimera along the way and eventually — with a notable sense of relief as if there were a giant weight lifted from his shoulders — the mis-matched pair reach the coast. The tang of salt is pungent upon the air and Axolotl drinks it in greedily. Solid earth gives way to sand warm underfoot and it takes all of his self restraint not to surge into Atlan’s inviting waters. Now is not the time for a reunion, he knows and without preamble the leviathan of the seas turns to his companion. “This is Atlan,” The leviathan introduces the chimera to his beloved deity with a broad sweep of his muzzle to the awaiting sea. Here, Axolotl feels stronger. Here, he feels Their power and authority exude into him. He is the voice of Atlan, speaking for Them to those whom cannot and do not understand.

He sets to work immediately nosing through a pile of seaweed until he sections off a part of it that has dried in the unyielding heat and sun. He tears it off carefully and takes it back to where he has left the chimera setting it down and nudging it towards the other. “Eat it,” Seaweed is an acquired taste but it is the basis of any ritual the Atlanian’s perform. “Once you have finished you must bathe in Atlan’s waters and stand in the shallows of the water.” Axolotl does not consume seaweed but he does venture into the water to submerge himself in the chilled saltwater, bathing in it himself. Not because it is necessary but because he has missed Atlan and it is how he feels close to the deity when he is too far inland.
she spoke to the king in me
and slept with the beast
◆If you want to, I can sHoW you, what my dReAMs are made of◆
47 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
nope i am in love. It's fine. :D

Upon nearing the massive body of water, Kyber was consumed with awe. He couldn't recall being by anything like this, the only water he knew of was little ponds, lakes, rivers and streams. Nothing of this magnitude. His disbelief was evident, the wolfs dual colored face morphing into something of astoundment and enamormement. This place was beautiful!

The yearling turned to the blue eyed Elder, exclaimation written over both face, and voice. "What...Does it talk? Does it eat? Is it nice? How big is it? How old is Atlan?"

Kyber was really impressed, his gaze turning back to the allure of the big blue fantasy before him. How could something like this exist? He didn't now what lay beyond the trees, and with the Elder...well, this was is first time. After the specific instructions, the chimera sniffed the seaweed, wondering at the scent of brine, something he never came across. It was so salty! Gingerly, he leaned forward and picked up the plant, crunchy a it from the dry suns touch, and bit off a hearty piece, trusting the wood and shale cloaked man.

A few chews made him scrunch his nase, the iron hitting him immediately. With vexing claws, the youth flexed in the snad, steeling his resolve to ingest the strange tasting plant. Soon the calcium and protien swirled wiith the iron, delivering a bearable aftertaste.
With a straggled bout of relief, Ky finished the plant portion the stranger had nosed his way, and turned a bit more anxious than usual to the huge water.

It appreared to invite him, waves lapping at the coarse floor and pulling back, beckoning him to enter. But what if it was a trap? What if it wanted to eat him? The fear quivered at the thought, but something made him feel a bit better. HE would be the one to choose to live or die, not his brother. This was his chice, so it had nothing to do with his brother's influence. That thought was for the most part all he needed to move those tentative paws forward. He watched the man, trying to mimic the unnamed wolf. The firstthing Ky had come to see was how freezing the water was! It startled him, but he kept forward until he was maybe a few inches both behind and away from the teacher.
                            BrEaK bReAk BrEaK my minD,             
                            breAk it tiLL my TaLe unWiNds,         
                            fOrcE my thoUghTs ThrOugh Hell aNd BacK,
                            oR leAVe Me heRE aLoNe to DiE. 
l e v i a t h a n
63 Posts
Ooc —
so i had a lot of fun writing this post, haha. it's definitely fun to get to explore Axo's "religion" this way. :D

Axolotl takes in the boy’s awe with a slow smirk and a nostalgic exhale of air from black, leathery nostrils as he remembers to when he felt the same bewitchment though for the leviathan it has never left. Amazement was nurtured until it turned to a deep love to Atlan, deep enough to become Theirs. The questions that came from the chimera’s mouth were rapid fire and Axolotl attempts to place them in some sort of chronological order to make it easier to form his repsonse. “No one knows how old Atlan is, not even Them,” The leviathan begins, patiently answering as he has for many far younger than the chimera. “Atlan has existed since the beginning of everything as They will until the end. There are tales told by Atlanian’s much older than me that everything was once in Atlan’s control but They grew lonely so They created creatures of the Sea and when that was not enough They gave up control and made land and from the foam created all creatures of land.” Axolotl offers the short version of the beginning as believed by the wolves of Nootka Sound. “Atlan is larger than we can fathom, Their’s depths so very abysmal and never ending. Atlan eats when They claim the life of sea creatures and those who drown in Them.” He gives pause here, surveying the chimera’s reaction with careful eyes. His companion is no child and he does not try to sugar coat the truth. “They have many moods, some nicer than others, just like we do.” Axolotl explains as he wads through the water, letting it rush around him, comfortable, as if he has been born of the Sea. “They speak but not in the same way that we do. Only Atlanian’s, trained warrior shamans, can understand Them.” Axolotl does not know this to be a false claim and for the moment it remains a truth to him.

The chimera enters the water and Axolotl turns to face him. Axolotl takes a breath to begin explaining the next step so his companion is aware of what is expected of him. “I will summon Their voice in my native tongue. You may speak to Them, tell Them what ails you as you told me.” Salmon pink tongue draws across his jowls. He does not like “possession”, if that is what one could call it. It siphons his strength from him leaving him lackluster for days but it is a price he is willing to pay. It is duty. Axolotl draws in a deep breath, braces himself against the pliable sand beneath the waves and closes his eyes to murmur in his native tongue a guttural summons for Atlan. The God answers with a mighty wave pushing against the pair almost knocking the "meditating" leviathan off of his feet. He does not break his summoning prayer and ceases abruptly when They take control. Axolotl is still present in his body, still aware but he sees the chimera not as he had before. Different. New; and knows that the other male has Atlan's attention. “Speak.” Atlan commands in a softened voice like waves battering against the shore. Terrible and wonderful, all at once.
and slept with the beast
47 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Kyber was so stuck in awe as he listened to the stranger, taking in the information that he was presented. So there were others? And how did they react to Atlan? Or were there other Atlans? Wait...onlder than he..So he was one of Them? An Atlantian?

It seemed to the dual colored boy that he had alot to learn, but either answer to the questions would have been seriously astounding to him. This man was a true mystery! And if he was in communion with this giant beast of a thing, which Kyber had thought was just water, then he was someone to be reckoned with! It was obvious that this body of water was not prey, or even edible, as the saltine content was way too hazardous to ingest, just as it would be to a predator to eat a predator. No nutrients were to be had, and in a way, Kyber felt it was disrespectful to even try and drink form the massive water god.

It was confirmed Ky's earlier assumption that this wolf was indeed a 'one of Them', one of the Atlantians, and not only was he, he was a Shaman! Now, he didn't know exactly what a shaman was, but as if the Elder trekked through his thoughts, Ky was released of his confusion. He can talk to this water god?! He can talk to Atlan! This body of water can talk!

The Elder was going to transfer his control to that of the Atlan's desires, and the yearling briefly wondered if the Atlan was to the Elder as Loki was to him. However, before further connections could be sought, Ky was greeted with a new voice, something soft, yet authorative, and he was enraptured in the voice. It held the tone of a listening parent, something that he never had the pleasure of experiencing. Someone who actually wanted to hear from him. he felt nude, exposed before the glacial eyed man, the man who was no man, but a catalyst for the massive blue they stood in. He felt...he felt it was an obligation for him to tell this wolf what was wrong with him, to express every problem, every wrong he had done, to apologize for things that weren't even in his control.

"I have a brother," he began with a slight tremble in his voice. Ears splayed in their abashment, he continued. "He is bad, and mean...he doesn't care about anyone or anything, and I can't stop him, because he's in my head."

Kyber felt as if he had to spill everything about everything to Atlan.

"I don't want him to hurt anyone, anymore. Not even me. I don't know what to do. What can I do to make him go away?"
l e v i a t h a n
63 Posts
Ooc —
Ears of the vessel cupped forth, attentive, as the bi-colored boy begins to speak. Brother is not a concept that They are overly familiar with. Atlan understands it’s meaning, has touched the minds of enough of Atlanians over the course of Their warrior shaman’s creation to understand it as well as something as fathomless and bodiless can understand it. The vessel’s head cants ever so slightly to the side as the yet still nameless chimera continues that to explain of this brother’s lack of morals — such silly things They cannot help but titter in the leviathan’s head! These morals are the canine’s way to exert to an example of how they think they should live and be and Atlan has always admired them for it — and that this boy before Them cannot stop him because this brother is in his head. Atlan is quiet for a long moment, contemplating. The leviathan has brought this creature to Them for some sort of cure and if there was no cure than some sort of reassurance, a comfort. It is a slim chance for one that does not practice the faith but the leviathan is dutiful, regardless. “We cannot change DNA,” Atlan breaks Their silence and speaks to the Chimera, sensing the younger canine’s fear in a different way then the leviathan does. “The Leviathan knows this,” Atlan speaks in reference to Axolotl. The Atlanian named for a sea monster that hardly equates to the monster that the sea calls him. “Only you have the power to banish your brother.” Atlan informs the troubled creature that communes with him.

“In my domain only the strongest and smartest survive and they rule at the top of the …hmm, what do you call it? Food chain,” There is a coy smirk that tugs at the leviathan’s lips as the God chuckles from his throat and the sea surges around them. “You must be stronger than your brother, smarter. The weak are always destined to be subjugates to those of physical prowess and intelligence. It is how you were created. I believe you have a similar concept with your packs. You look for these things in the Alphas, do you not?” Familiar words, known enough to speak of them with confidence though Atlan will never be able to grasp their meaning in the way that the wolves do. They transcend such ideas, such concepts because They remain, as They always have, unchallenged. “If you want him gone, to quiet him for once and all, you must not be his subjugate. You must not let your fear of him rule you. Fear, as it has always been for all of my creations, is a most powerful motivator.” Advice, this is all that Atlan can offer the chimera. They try to inspire in the same way They’ve inspired Atlanians for decades. Whether it takes, or not, depends solely on the troubled land beast.

The leviathan’s ears flutter back to rest smoothly against the crown of his skull and Atlan steps up to the chimera. “This is all I can do for you.” The deity murmurs a small prayer in Axolotl’s native tongue and touches his nose to each of the other canine’s cheeks and then to his forehead before They back up. “The leviathan’s strength wanes. I must release my hold.” They do not yet wish to claim the life of the faithful and with a surging wave Axolotl is himself once more and is knocked off his paws by the power of the wave only to be spit unceremoniously upon the shore. Paws dig into the wet sand as the water recedes and he coughs up salt water he accidentally ingested at some point — whether it was from the tumble or a surging wave during the “possession” he doesn’t know. He claws his way onto dry sand and flops down in it, coughing up a bit more sea water, dispelling it from his body.

This was becoming far too familiar for him, he thinks, with slight despondency.
and slept with the beast
47 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Stronger than his brother...Smarter... Kyber ponders over the words of the diety, storing them for the future use of a plan he ha to manage to somehow put together. A trap for the dark wolf, somehow, dominance. But how does he show dominance to a wolf inside of him? Especially one he can't find a mental trace of, until it's too late? Loki had no problem leading Ky on wild goose chases, but how would he respond, or even do the same? How would he strain a wolf who was crazy?

Atlan believed in him, so it seemed, and that was enough to comfort Ky a little bit in the washing of the waves. It was nice, just knowing someone out there believed in him. However, with Atlan's reveal of the strongest and smartest having house in his home, Kyber wondered if one day he might find a seat at the table with this ominpotent being. His modesty dismissed such an idea though, as he wasn't one to show dominace to anyone, rather letting people live their lives as they desired. Who was he to curb their ego?
But immediately he chided himself; how the hell was he supposed to defeat the powe his brother held over him if he kept such a way of thinking? This was the very same stuff Atlan was referencing to!

"I...I don't have an Alpha," Kyber admitted sheepishly. It wasn't that he wasn't submissive enough or anything, but he had nothing valuable to offer a pack. He was a great fisher, but that was about it. He wasn't old enough to come across any ideals that would fuel him to lead a pack, and even so, as he joined packs kind enough to let him in, Loki only messed it up for him. It was if the dark wolf was intent on ruining any sense of belonging Ky could ever come across, and that alone was enough to sink him into the depths of depression.

However, the way Atlan gave him that little sliver of hope in a happening like this, that was what he held to in his resolve. He couldn't be afraid of Loki any more...and if he were to be the dominant one in this body, then he had to act it! The emeralds crispened as the diety confirmed how powerful fear could be as a motivational piece of a puzzle, as Kyber knew this to be true. A terrified bird would often scare away attackers, and he wasn't very fond of being pecked. But it also kept the bird alive, and he had to respect that.

The nameless wolf came forward, still harbored by the diety, and Kyber stammered a full-hearted piece of appreciation. "Th-thank you so much, Atlan! I won't forget, I promise, I will try." The gentle brushes of contact was seen as affection to the love-deprived wolf, and internally he gushed a bit, wanting the niceness to stay, forever. But as everything usually did, all nce things came to an end, as the nice diety departed.
Instead, the stranger was sent hurling back to the beack, the strong wave seeming more of a concentrated push as no other waves acted in such a manner. Ky stumbed to the beach, long limbs plucking through the tide until he could sucessfully join the Elder.

"Sir! Sir are you ok? Don't be sick, please," he begged.

He stood as he had previously, seeming not even in the slightest shaken despite what he might have felt, and Ky was proud to be in the presence of such a sturdy and unburdened wolf. After the Elder finished clearing his airways, Kyber launched into a entire story of what just happened.

"Okay! Okay He came while you were praying, and he was really kind, and smart, and he told me alot of things even though it wasn't much, and he told me how many of the 'Leviathans' there were, and I was told you were one of them, but he didn't tell me your name, but it's okay, because he told me in order for me to solve my problem with my brother, I have to do the thing all the rest of the wolves do and be strong and dominant, and that I'm not supposed to be scared of him, and stuff, but I don't know how I'm gonna since I can't even find my brother, or even feel him, but just because Atlan has faith in me to do it, I'm going to because I trust him, now."

After taking a breath, the yearling looked up to the handsome agouti, hoping he hadn't lost him in the entire splurge of information Ky had just bombarded him with. He also hoped he didn't seem rude, but the boy was just so excited! He finally had a chance to beat his brother, and he was going to take it! He couldn't help but feel gratitude to the 'Leviathan', as it was all because of him that he was able to take on this task. He also was kind enough to let Atlan speak to him, and that spoke millions to the youth.
l e v i a t h a n
63 Posts
Ooc —
The chimera draws nearer, rapid fire questions a plea for him to answer favorably. Axolotl’s throat feels raw, as if it’s been sanded by the roughest sand paper and he coughs up the last remaining liquid in his stomach. Suddenly, the leviathan is exhausted and his lids weigh heavy as he forgets that he has yet to answer or even acknowledge the chimera’s presence. Glacial eyes open with some reluctance and gaze seeks out the younger male whom is near. “I will be alright,” The leviathan attempts to assure him, his voice a low, hoarse whisper gaining enough volume but nothing close to what it should be. He needs fresh water and rest. Without Atlan’s presence the leviathan feels hollowed out, absent of Their power and it is only a tiny grain of sand in comparison to the true power that They wield. In full capacity Axolotl feels certain Atlan’s power would crush him. “The Possession is never easy. It is enough to kill some.” He has seen two “brothers” drown beneath the waves during the sacrosanct commune.

Axolotl is content to simply listen as the Chimera runs the entire conversation he has shared with Atlan, attempting to regain enough strength to carry him to a place relatively sheltered with plenty of fresh water and easy prey. “Atlanians. We are called Atlanians,” Axolotl corrects and offers a small, sheepish smile. “My name is Axolotl, but Atlan has always called me The Leviathan, instead.” Axolotl and The Leviathan are both sea monsters and thus it makes no difference to the Nootka Sound native. He answers to either and all. A soft groan leaves Axolotl as he stretches upon the sands, attempting to loosen his tense muscles. His body feels bruised and battered but it is all apart of the duty. “I am glad Atlan was able to and willing to help you. They are not always so generous.” It was a soft warning not to be taken lightly. Atlan was untamed, unpredictable and often times of cruel and fickle nature. Not good and not evil but certainly capable of both.
and slept with the beast
47 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Kyber was extremely worried on the being he now knew as Axolotl. Such a kind Elder he was, taking the time to take him in and teach him things, to introduce him to a god! He was wonderful, and the yearling clung to the web of friendship as soon as he sought it spin. Ears pinned and tail skidding low against dual colored hocks, Ky nosed off a piece of seaweed that stuck to the saltine bristled fur of his now idol, freeing the russet earth locks of the plant. He listened as the strong man told him of others who had not been as fortunate as him when it came time to be freed of Atlan's grasp, and Ky was immediately grateful he hadn't watched the newfound friend die so soon after such a brief kinship.

The chimera listens with picked ears to more of Atlan's works, habits of the deity calling Axolotl 'Leviathan'. It made sense, and though he didn't know what it was, it sounded like a title, and Ky respected it as though it were a crown on the Elder's head.

"Please, I will get you food, and drink too! Rest? " Ky looked to the broad leaves of the overhanging trees, and  knew well enough that they would be able to house shade for the Elder. Water was plentiful inland, as he planned to go fishing for Axolotl. A makeshift water carrier could be made, perhaps, if he could devise such a thing.
He honestly just wanted to take care of the older wolf, hoping he could learn more from him. Simply being in such revalations so soon made this yearling see this man as a temple in which to abide the rules of, to remain close and take care of in whatever way possible. With no other way to steer from right and wrong, Kyber would remain close to this wolf, and ensure he was given any and everything he could ever want, until commanded otherwise.
l e v i a t h a n
63 Posts
Ooc —
Axolotl is fussed over and the leviathan resists the urge to bat the chimera away. He feels incredibly vulnerable in a weakened state and though he understands his companion is only trying to help him his mood quickly sours with the passing minutes. Like his beloved sea, Axolotl’s mood is as ever-changing and as he feels the chimera touch him without his permission to remove a strand of seaweed from his coat he bites down his tongue until he tastes the copper of his own blood to keep from snapping at him. As it was, Axolotl had not anticipated having to perform a ritual and siphoned of his strength will put him a few days behind in his search for Ixchel. Once, they had gotten separated and though he suspects they have made it to the Teekons he desires to once more be reunited with his pale sibling.

“I will be fine,” The leviathan attempts to reassure his companion and begins to make his way to the end of the beach, where the ash trees of solid land bleed into sand. He does not enjoy being fussed over and does not seek to be coddled as if he is a child. This is hardly his first ritual, after all. The warrior shaman has always preferred to recover in solitude, but his companion has seemed to take a strong liking to him out of gratitude, Axolotl presumes; and idly he cannot help but wonder where the line is drawn between gratitude and idolism. “I only need to seek fresh water.” And if he remembers correctly they passed several small rivers that cut through the bay’s inner territory a place which will work well for his recovery as it fairly isolated. He appreciates Kyber’s utter willingness to help, and considers that regardless of how many times he assures the chimera that he will, indeed, be fine that the younger male with assist him anyway — but Axolotl has always felt very strongly that if an Atlanian cannot nurse themselves back after a ritual without the aid of others than they were not worthy to be Atlanian. It is a ridiculous, old fashioned sort of notion but he cannot help but cling to it regardless.
and slept with the beast
47 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Kyber could almost sense the irritation and he slumped even lower; he probably shouldn't pester the Elder, as it might make the man upset with him. So once he received the reassurement, Ky backed up, giving an understanding and obliging signal that he wouldn't fuss anymore. Though he were still worried, Ky could see the Leviathan was an oak in the wind; unmoving no matter how strong the  gusts blew.

Instead, the dual toned boy kept near, holding the position of the Elder's right flank, keeping pace as they turned and left the deity. He didn't want to be in  the way, so he didn't increase his speed any, keeping step in step with the woody colored sea man. Ky decided this was as best time as ever to ask though.

"Sir Axolotl, how did you come across Atlan?...And how did he choose you to be his warrior?"

Did he have to go swimming first? Drown? Was he saved by the waters? Was it a dream? How would he have known he was the chosen one? Curiousity burned deep in the yearling and he looked up to the travelng man as they walked to find water.
l e v i a t h a n
63 Posts
Ooc —
Kyber gives him some space as he non-verbally requests and ceases in his fussing, hanging at his right flank. The question that the Chimera asks is no simple inquiry and it’s answer is long and complicated to explain. His curiosity is natural though and Axolotl has come to expect such questions from others. Kyber seeks to understand and the leviathan cannot fault him for it; as a harbinger for Atlan it falls upon him to act as guide and teacher for those who are willing to accept Them and learn. “It is a faith held by the wolves of my natal pack, Nootka Sound, since before it’s founding. It’s origin is murky at best, each elder had their own version of the story. When I was a boy I left the Sound with my older sister and brother. On our way to the pack we sought to join I nearly drowned. Though I had been a Atlanian at the time I was a novice with still much to learn. To become an Atlanian you must train and commit yourself to all the responsibilities Atlan demands of us. Anyone can train but the ritual at the end of training decides if we become an Atlanian or not. If you survive you are blessed by Atlan and if you do not Atlan claims your life.” Axolotl pauses to draw his salmon pink tongue across his jowls, feeling the dryness of his mouth, evidenced in the cracks of his voice. He needs fresh water and he needs it soon.

“Twice I have been blessed by Atlan. Not many apprentices survive the initial blessing. It is almost unheard of that an Atlanian receives it twice.” Often times Axolotl has wondered if he is special or if his survival instincts are just extremely strong. Perhaps, he thinks, it is a bit of both. He pauses in his lesson as they approach the fresh water source, his steps ceasing only when he reaches the bank and takes a long, deep drink from it. Not enough to make him sick but enough to rehydrate himself and sooth his raw throat. Salt water is unkind despite that it is claimed they were all born of it. “Not many apprentices live past the ritual. Atlan is neither good nor are They evil. They simply are. They can be generous, as you’ve witnessed today or they can be cruel.” Three years upon the earth most of them spent in service to the Sea he knows Them intimately; or at the very least likes to think he does. “There is no template for how Atlan chooses his Atlanians. It is, as it has always been, a gamble.” Axolotl thinks this is consistent to the deity, though. They are unpredictable and thus there is no guidelines and no prediction to how or why They choose Their Atlanians. When his thirst is sated he takes a step back and draws his tongue across his jowls to collect the loose droplets of water that cling to the soft, short fur of his muzzle though small droplets linger upon his chin where it has dribbled and slid down his throat and chest.

“Atlan is not exactly benevolent and They are rarely merciful.” Today, Axolotl expects, They were simply in a good mood and felt generous enough to allow the ritual in attempts to help the trouble chimera to happen. Kyber appears rather enamored by Atlan and while Axolotl appreciates it and is glad to see it he feels it is his duty to remind the chimera that this is not always so. He must know and remember the truth of the Sea's nature or else it could end very badly for him.
and slept with the beast