Bramblepoint make a wrong thing right
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
Looking for @Rian but this is open to anyone! Two days after her thread with Rannoch. Hydra's sporting teeth marks across her muzzle from her spar with Coq as well as a superficial wound on her flank and scruff.

Her spar with the stranger had done much to put her mind at ease with her feelings on the matter of Rian. Why hadn't he come to tell her he was leaving Neverwinter? Hydra had at least the sense to think outside of herself and wonder what she would do if she were him—but she would tell him. She was not aware that this was because of her crush on him, and that if it were anyone else she did not have the same feelings for she would not do this. Hydra cared what he thought, cared how he felt—he was the only wolf outside of her family she thought of. It did not seem strange to her; she hadn't the name for it. 

Hydra licked her chops as she moved into the forest. Knowing it was not claimed and on good terms with Rannoch himself, now, Hydra moved through the woods slowly. She followed his familiar scent, her heart jumping to her throat.
427 Posts
Ooc — Me
Though nowadays Birk mostly stayed in or near Redhawk caldera, always finding enough to do to fill his days, now and then he would leave home to make short treks in the surrounding territories. Mostly in search for resources, best mousing spots, for example, or tracking larger game to gain information of their movement and places they liked to reside and graze at. However, Bramblepoint - an unclaimed forest near caldera - had proven to be useful in a novel way.

During one of the "expeditions" he had found some bird nests on the ground and on closer inspection he found out that not only they were freshly made, but there were some birds that resided there too. When addind two and two he realized that at some point there most be eggs in them too. He had not eaten many in his lifetime, but those he had had been a precious treat. 

Therefore he returned to the forest often to check the nesting spots from distance and this was, what he was doing know, when he heard someone else moving through the forest nearby. He stopped and lifted his head to catch the smell of the yet invisible stranger.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra continued to trail Rian, hoping to come face to face with him—but instead of running into her intended result she (almost literally) walked into another. Though whether because the other heard her and stepped out of the way or her quick-footedness as she deftly avoided bumbling into the white wolf, they did not bump into one another. Knowing she had gotten lost in her head, she offered a very rare Sorry, to him. Although he'd been downwind and had not been on the trail she'd been following, had she been looking where she was going it would not have happened. She looked into the distance, wondering if Rian was close... but determining, after several minutes of thought, that whether he was or was not she would not be going after him now. Though she was dedicated to the missions she set upon, Hydra recognized in an even more rare moment that her aggravation should not be acted upon so long as she felt it. His scent was vaguely familiar (though she did not recall the scent of the wolf she, her sisters, and her father had set upon so long ago, and so the circumstances in which she knew the scent were lost), but she could not smell Rannoch or any others upon him all that well. Perhaps he was a new recruit? Do you run with the wolves that set up temporary camp here? she wondered, taking some paces away from him so as to not be within his personal space and wanting to keep to her own.
427 Posts
Ooc — Me
"You almost gave me a heart-attack!" Birk exclaimed in response to the apology from the person, who had appeared in a form of a dark shadow, almost out of nowhere. He had got startled and made a little jump even, which he was not proud of. It had hurt his "tough man of the North" ego a little to be scared by a fellow wolf.

The second statement came as total news to him. He sat down and looked around curiously, as if a bunch of rogue wolves were to jump out of the bushes any moment and kick his ass. When that did not happen, he tried to recall, if he had trespassed any heavily scented invisible line, upon entering here, but nothing of the like came to his mind. "No, not that I know of," he shrugged. "Is there a pack running around that I should be aware of?"
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
His first response earned a once-over from Hydra and a curt, well, I didn't, beneath her breath, though certainly loud enough for him to hear it. She had said she was sorry already after all, what more did he want from her? When he sat and looked around them, Hydra simply watched (and remained standing herself) before sniffing the air after his inquiry. Not anymore. They must have moved on from here, which was good, because even though Bramblepoint was not too close to Moonspear she knew it was close enough to make her father aggravated. He was good with the distance between themselves and the Caldera (and also Neverwinter), but to have another pack too close? Even Hydra did not like it, even despite the good characters she knew it harbored. They weren't here too long. Not sure where they were headed, she blinked at that. Hydra did intend to find out.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
427 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Good to know that," Birk replied, feeling relieved that his favorite place away from Caldera was not occupied by some vagrants, who would pee and poop all over the place and take away his precious treats in from of bird eggs and amphibians. This was his "restaurant" after all. 

"I assume that you are not a part of that group either," he went on, now sniffing the air to establish, whether he knew her smell or did not. He quickly established that she was totally foreign. "Who are you and where are you from?"