Mudminnow River gonna make a scene
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
Private 
[size=11.6667px%%%]@Kelina[/size]

she was not the type to simply relax- no, the girl would rather be somewhere, doing something. but something about the day, with it's steady and intense downpour that had lasted much of the day had sequestered the girl to more sheltered areas. only now did the clouds dissipate and the waning ray's of sun reach timidly to the earth- in evening, when much of the day had already passed. bird broke their silence to begin tender song that echoed in the soft evening, and there was a stillness about the land that had Dawn, for some reason or another, loath to disturb it. 

thus here she sat, watching the plain from the cover of a copse of budding poplars, her ears flicked toward every sound of interest, and she was stretched, sphinx-like, on the damp earth, listening to the faint movement of paws on earth as nearby packmates and fauna alike gradually shifted after the miserable day. 
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
She had just left the area close to the Bypass after the encounter with her lost brother. And his girlfriend. Kelina, of course, had not thought about the fact that Horosk could have joined a pack, and when the news arrived she was a little miffed. But no matter, she'd get her revenge on him soon enough. She would not have to wait long. If she hung around the Valley for a couple weeks, the time would come. 

The dark fae, lost in thought - mainly about how to deal with Semira and her brother - did not expect to meet a pup along the way. Well, perhaps she should not call her a pup. She was large enough for Kelina to know she had been alive for a good number of months already. What was she doing out here alone? Surely that was dangerous.

Or, it was now that Kelina was here.

She prowled forward with a 'friendly' smile on her face, tail held confidently out behind her. Sure, she had things to do, but why not have some fun? This was the perfect opportunity, after all. It could not be simply wasted. "Why hello, young one. What brings you out here? Are you not with family?"
[Image: tAPcmpF.png]
"I do not suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it"
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
her solitude was interrupted by another, a dark woman with eyes of an odd colour she had never before seen in quite that hue. purple. she became aware of the gaze only after the woman neared, and she had pulled herself up into a semi-alert sitting stance, settling on her haunches lightly. the winterborn had never seen purple except in the evening sky, at a few rare times, for she had not lived to see the flowers and buds and plants that would bear that colour come spring and summer.

she was enamoured with the eyes, and her gaze flicked to them repetitively. it occurred to her that she did not, in fact, know the colour that lay within her own optics- she wondered if it was purple. that would be rather fetching, wouldn't it? the woman speaks, asking a question, and Dawn replies with a shrug. "I like to be on my own, sometimes."  she said casually, containing her excitement at meeting a stranger with really cool eyes. "They're back there."  she added with a vague toss of her muzzle. far back, and hopefully Suny had not followed her this time- she would rip his head off if he tried to treat her like she was helpless again. "Who're you?"
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
Now she was noticed. Kelina watched intently as the younger girl sat, and had to hold in the small chuckle that kept tickling her throat as the girl kept staring at her eyes. Perhaps this one had never seen purple, or maybe just not in one's eyes. It ran in Kelina's blood - each member of her family had always had purple eyes, though they varied in shade. Horosk, her brother, shared a similar colour to her own.

"Fair enough. I like to be on my own too." That, now, she could understand. She had never really been one to enjoy packs - not unless she had power in said pack, of course. Her pride would never allow her to be low ranking. She had always been the Princess.

It seemed that wolves lived close by. The news did not startle her - it seemed like this place would make a good home, were she to live here. "I am Kelina. And... who might you be?" For now, she was passive.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
the woman of obsidian echoed her words, claiming she too liked to be alone. likely not for the same reason as Dawn, who's brother sometimes annoyed her to her limits- though she did love him, all the same. after a moment, the woman introduced herself as Kelina- and though her father had warned her of stranger danger, she did not think this woman seemed harmful. besides, how would you get anywhere in life if you avoided in all strangers? 

this though reassured her that this was perfectly fine, and after a moment's hesitation said, "My name's Dawn. I'm-"  her attention was captured fleetingly by a sparrow the burst from cover a short distance away, fluttering violently into the higher branches of a tree.
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
Kelina, if she was honest, had not expected the girl to so willingly give information away - it was as if she trusted her already. And... one should never trust a wolf like Kelina. The young one seemed unaware of the potential dangers, and this alone made the dark fae stay. She was genuinly curious about how this would play out. Perhaps she could have some fun here.

Dawn. That was her name, and she seemed to be about to say something else until a sparrow distracted her and interupted the conversation. Kelina flicked her tail irritably and frowned, then forced a small smile to trace back onto her lips. "You're?" she tried to encourage the girl to speak once more. Any information was useful, you just had to know when to use it. Already she knew the girl's name was Dawn.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
The woman prompted her to continue, and Dawn's gaze flicked back to her. she had not missed the flick of the woman's tail, and Da's talk about the dangers of strangers popped back into her head. she shook away the thought, before continuing a moment later. "I'm part of Morningside- a pack back there."  she said with a flick of her tail in the general direction. adding then, perhaps a little smugly, she said, "My Da's the alpha." 

her words turned next to inquiry, asking next of the woman, "Who are you? Are you from the Bypass?"  she guessed at her origin, merely since she knew the pack to be close- she had ventured to it's borders with the masked lady, and knew it's scent. she could not tell if the woman smelled as they did, the wind still and not aiding her in catching the woman's scent.
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
Morningside - a pack back there.

Now she knew of two packs in the area; Ganador Bypass wasn't too far from here, and apparently neither was Morningside. The girl spoke of her father, who was the alpha, and Kelina's brow raised. It was always funny to see an alphas reaction to their child going missing, so maybe..... But then she'd be straying away from her current task, and that could not happen right now. Besides, having to keep watching a girl who she held no interest for was hardly on the top of her to-do list. But perhaps one day. 

"No, I am a lone wolf. I prefer  it - I don't have to follow any rules, so I can do what I like." And that is what she did. Maybe the guess from the girl was because Kelina might still have the faint scent of some of the Bypass wolves on her, or perhaps there was some other reason for the question. Either way, Dawn seemed to know about Ganador Bypass, so might she have information? 

"Do you know anything about the Bypass?" To any adult it might have already sounded suspicious, but this was a mere child in front of her so she did not expect Dawn to recognise it the potential danger.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
a lone wolf? no rules? that sounded pretty cool, she admitted, though she was hardly ready to leave her family. "Don't you get lonely, though?" she asked with a curious tilt of her head, fiery gaze on the woman. she had always been around others, and could not fathom being completely on her own. however, perhaps she met many on her travels; as she was doing right now. 

her next question did not ring odd to the girl, as intended, Dawn having little experience with loners and the types of questions they may ask.  "Yeah,"  she pipped up a little proudly, happy that she knew things  that might be helpful. continueing a beat later, she said, "If you climb that mountain over there, you'll see the whole territory." she gestured with her muzzle, remembering the day she had done just that. " I don't know why it's called Ganondor, but neither does Cebra. Oh, Cebra lives there."  she answered, words not quite to the point and broken up by brief pauses in which she recalled her visit to the Bypass.
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
Oh no I feel bad now that Dawn is mentioning Cebra lol. Kelina is literally just about to attempt to murder her and Dawn is giving Kels info on how to get good views of the territory oml.

Kelina shook her head at the girl's question, a grin spreading its way across her face like a cheshire cat's smirk. "No, no, I don't get lonely. There's plenty of wolves around." She gave a small, barely notice tilt of her head, though it was not out of confusion. More... curiousity. An understanding of something secretive, as though she knew something that she perhaps should not. "In fact, you should be careful when exploring alone... you never know who you might run in to." The girl seemed unaware of the danger she was in just standing, talking to the dark raven. She was given Kelina information she was ready to kill for.

"Oh really? A mountain? Sounds cool..." She nodded her head, pleased with the sudden information. That, that was useful. Now she knew the perfect vantage point where she could see the whole territory. Perfect. "Who's Cebra?" More useful info. This girl was turning out to be rather handy, it seemed.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
her questions suddenly struck Dawn as intrusive, odd. she seemed to want to know a lot about the Bypass, and while she saw nothing odd with the first few questions, her suspicions (as little as they were) were awakened by the knowledge this lady seemed to seek. "I don't know. Gray lady- she lived there." she offered nonchalantly, brow furrowing. 

deciding that this Lady wasn't too interesting, despite her odd purple eyes and the amount of information she wanted of the Bypass, (and with Da's words of Stranger Danger making her feel a little guilty for ignoring them) she moved to her paws, tail swinging behind her. " I should get back..."  she offered, beside, she was hungry. with a final " Bye, Kelina", she turned tail and headed back home, seeing that the woman did not attempt to have her return.